San Antonio Spurs Links of Interest
San Antonio Spurs Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the San Antonio Spurs
Quick searches for San Antonio Spurs on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Notebook: Bucks’ Neal insists no hard feelings after leaving Spurs December 12, 2013MILWAUKEE – Gary Neal tested his aching left foot with a pregame workout on the Bradley Center court Wednesday night, hoping to play in a game the Milwaukee guard called one of the most anticipated of his season. As it was for much of his final campaign with the Spurs, plantar fasciitis ruled Neal out [...]Jeff McDonald
- Spurs 109, Milwaukee 77: Pretty much what you’d expect December 12, 2013Summing it up Everything pointed to a blowout Wednesday in Milwaukee. Not only are the Bucks bad, bringing up last place in what might be the worst conference lineup in NBA history, they’ve been crippled by injuries. That made for a juicy morsel the Spurs, playing their second game in as many nights, were only [...]Dan McCarney
- Spurs 109, Milwaukee 77 (Final) December 12, 2013Final: It was every bit as easy as the final score would indicate for the Spurs (17-4), who led by as many as 38 points en route to their second blowout victory in as many nights, and their most lopsided of the young season. Tim Duncan led the way with 21 points, 16 rebounds, three [...]Dan McCarney
- Spurs vs Bucks: 5 Things to Know December 11, 2013The San Antonio Spurs (16-4) play the Milwaukee Bucks (5-16) tonight at the BMO Harris Bradley Center. Here are five things to know about tonight’s game: 1. Another Back-to-Back: The Spurs are 3-2 in back-to-back games this season. Tonight will be their sixth. 2. Tiago Still Down: Center Tiago Splitter will miss his second straight [...]Jabari Young
- Scouting the Bucks December 11, 2013The particulars Tip: 7 p.m., BMO Harris Bradley Center TV: Fox Sports Southwest Radio: 1200 WOAI, 1350 KCOR (Spanish) The stats Record: 5-16, 15th in Eastern Conference Margin of victory: minus 8.0, 29th in NBA Strength of schedule: 26th Pace: 91.3 possessions per game, 26th Off. efficiency: 97.3 points per 100 possessions, 30th Effective FG pct: 46.2, 27th Turnover pct: 15.4, 27th Off. rebound pct: 24.0, 22nd [...]Dan McCarney
- San Antonio Spurs Need Tiago Splitter Back on the Court (Yahoo Contributor Network) December 12, 2013COMMENTARY | Take a look at the box score of any given San Antonio Spurs game and your eyes will most likely gravitate towards Tim Duncan's stat line, or Tony Parker's, or Kawhi Leonard's, or even Matt Bonner's. It takes a keen basketball eye -- or knowledge of advanced NBA statistics -- to truly see that the player that may be playing the biggest factor on the court is Tiago Splitter. Yes, an NBA center who's averaging only 8.4 points per game and 6.6 rebounds per game this season -- both are career-highs -- is arguably playing the biggest role on one of the league's most elite teams. So far this season, opposing teams are having a pretty horrendous time at the rim against Splitter, where he's allowing only 37.5 percent of his opponent's shots to go in around the basket.
- Highlights of NBA games (Reuters) December 12, 2013Dec 11 (The Sports Xchange) - Highlights of Wednesday's National Basketball Association games. - - - Clippers 96, Celtics 88 Former Celtics coach and current Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers earned a win in his emotional return to Boston. Veteran backup guard Jamal Crawford led the way with 21 points for Los Angeles (15-8), and hit back-to-back 3-pointers, the second with 2:11 left to seal the game. ...
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps (NBC Sports) December 12, 2013By D.J. Foster All over the league, we’ve seen young teams fighting against the tank. If the playoffs started today, the Boston Celtics and Phoenix Suns would be in the playoffs. This was unfathomable a few months ago. It wasn’t just about their rosters being bad – they were supposed to be bad. The Milwaukee…
- NBA-Highlights of Wednesday's NBA games (Reuters) December 12, 2013(Adds late games) Dec 11 (The Sports Xchange) - Highlights of Wednesday's National Basketball Association games. - - - Clippers 96, Celtics 88 Former Celtics coach and current Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers earned a win in his emotional return to Boston. Veteran backup guard Jamal Crawford led the way with 21 points for Los Angeles (15-8), and hit back-to-back 3-pointers, the second with 2:11 left to seal the game. ...
- Duncan, Parker lead Spurs' 109-77 rout of Bucks (The Associated Press) December 12, 2013With Tim Duncan rediscovering his shot at the same time the Bucks collectively lost theirs, the result was predictable. Duncan had 21 points and 16 rebounds while playing just 24 minutes - single-handedly outscoring the Bucks starters - and Tony Parker added 15 points in the San Antonio Spurs' 109-77 rout of Milwaukee on Wednesday night. ''We did not compete on a high level tonight,'' said Bucks coach Larry Drew, whose injury-riddled team trailed wire-to-wire for the third time this season. We didn't play as hard as we should have.'' San Antonio had lost three of its last six games after starting the season 13-1, but dominated from the opening tip, scoring the first nine points.
- N.B.A. Postpones Game in Mexico City After Smoke Fills Arena December 5, 2013A generator malfunction outside the arena prevented the Spurs and the Timberwolves from playing the first regular-season N.B.A. game in Mexico since 1997.
- N.B.A. Game Postponed in Mexico Because of Smoke in Arena December 5, 2013he game between the San Antonio Spurs and the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night in Mexico City was postponed because of smoke inside the arena.
- Spurs Lose First at Home As Rockets Hold Off Rally December 1, 2013John Wall had 26 points and 12 assists, and Trevor Ariza scored 24 points for the Washington Wizards to beat the Atlanta Hawks.
- Thunder End Spurs’ Winning Streak at 11 November 28, 2013Kevin Durant had 24 points and Serge Ibaka added 17 points as the Oklahoma City Thunder snapped the San Antonio Spurs’ 11-game winning streak with a win at home Wednesday night.
- N.B.A. Game of the Week: Two of the West’s Best November 25, 2013The Thunder and the Spurs, who will play in Oklahoma City on Wednesday, are ranked in the top 10 in offensive and defensive efficiency.