San Antonio Spurs Links of Interest
San Antonio Spurs Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the San Antonio Spurs
Quick searches for San Antonio Spurs on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- 1-on-1 with Spurs guard Danny Green April 24, 2014Danny Green spoke to Express-News Spurs writer Jabari Young in this one-on-one interview before the Spurs travel to Dallas for game three against the Mavericks on Saturday.Jabari Young
- Notes on a practice: Foul trouble induces no-show from Leonard April 24, 2014The Spurs were looking for a big performance from Kawhi Leonard against Dallas in Game 2. Hampered by foul trouble, he instead struggled through one of his least productive outings of the season.Dan McCarney
- Who needs to step up on the Spurs bench? April 24, 2014Express-News Spurs writers Jeff McDonald and Jabari Young discuss the Spurs bench production and who needs to step up and hear from Tony Parker and Marco Belinelli comment on the bench play.Jabari Young
- Word of the day is turnovers as Spurs seek to regroup for Game 3 April 24, 2014Defense is always a staple of Spurs film study, win or lose. They were forced to sit through an additional segment on Thursday, hours after Dallas evened the best-of-seven playoff series at 1-1 with a 112-93 romp at the AT&T Center in Game 2.Dan McCarney
- The day David Robinson dropped 71 April 24, 2014It was 20 years ago today that David Robinson scored 71 points to set a franchise record and steal the 1993-94 scoring title away from Shaquille O'Neal.Dan McCarney
- Spurs-Mavericks Game 1 Playoff Preview (Automated Insights) April 24, 2014The San Antonio Spurs take on the Dallas Mavericks in Game 1 of this opening-round playoff series. If the Spurs hope to advance, they'll likely need Tim Duncan to be at the top of his game. He averaged 18.5 PPG, 12.5 RPG and 2.0 APG versus the Mavericks this year. Likewise, the Mavericks may rely heavily on Monta Ellis, who averaged 21.2 PPG, 3.2 RPG and 5.5 APG versus the Spurs.
- Spurs-Mavericks Game 2 Playoff Preview (Automated Insights) April 24, 2014After taking Game 1 against the Dallas Mavericks, Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs can take a 2-0 series lead with another home win in Game 2. It is a significant game early in the series for the Mavericks, who are trying to avoid going down two games prior to returning home for Game 3. The Spurs edged the Mavericks in Game 1, winning 90-85. With 27 points, Tim Duncan was the game's high scorer in the big win.
- Mavericks-Spurs Game 3 Playoff Preview (Automated Insights) April 24, 2014After splitting the first two games, the Dallas Mavericks and the San Antonio Spurs travel to American Airlines Center for Game 3 of the opening-round series. The Mavericks will look to win their second consecutive game of the series after taking Game 2. It was a blowout for the Mavericks, who defeated the Spurs 113-92 in Game 2. Registering 20 points, five rebounds and three steals for Dallas, Shawn Marion played a great game during the win.
- Mavs home after split at Spurs, but is that good? (The Associated Press) April 24, 2014Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks are coming home after showing they won't go quietly in a first-round series with top-seeded San Antonio. Part of the big German wants to stay in South Texas after the Mavericks squandered a strong game in the playoff opener by going cold late before dominating most of the way in Game 2 and squaring the best-of-seven series. Dallas had the worst home record among the eight playoff qualifiers in the Western Conference, including a late-season loss to the Spurs. The eighth-seeded Mavericks have been weak enough in their building that Nowitzki even said it was ''a little dangerous'' going back for Game 3 on Saturday after playing so well in San Antonio.
- Road teams off to flying start in NBA playoffs (The Associated Press) April 24, 2014Here's the list of teams that had home-court advantage entering the opening round of these NBA playoffs: Indiana, Miami, Toronto, Chicago, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Houston and the Los Angeles Clippers. Here's the list of teams that still held that advantage after Wednesday night: Miami.
- Behind 15-0 Run, Top-Seeded Spurs Overcome Mavericks April 21, 2014Tim Duncan scored 27 points, and San Antonio held visiting Dallas to one field goal over the final seven minutes to take Game 1 of their Western Conference first-round series.
- Nowitzki Savors Berth, Regardless of the Seed April 20, 2014Dirk Nowitzki — relatively new father and old hand in the postseason after missing it last year for the first time since 2000 — is just happy to be back in the N.B.A. playoffs.
- In Crushing Pacers, Hawks Pad Playoff Lead on Knicks April 7, 2014Atlanta now owns a two-game advantage for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
- Spurs’ Win Streak Ends April 4, 2014Kevin Durant scored 28 points to help the host Oklahoma City Thunder defeat San Antonio, 106-94, on Thursday, ending the Spurs’ winning streak at 19 games.
- Spurs’ 18th Straight Win Helps Heat Pass Pacers April 1, 2014Tony Parker scored 22 points against the Indiana Pacers on Monday night, helping the San Antonio Spurs to their 18th straight victory, a franchise-record.