San Antonio Spurs Links of Interest
San Antonio Spurs Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the San Antonio Spurs
Quick searches for San Antonio Spurs on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Game 3: Spurs’ keys to victory May 25, 2013No second chances: For much of the season, the Grizzlies’ best offense has been to throw the ball at the rim, then let Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol score on offensive putbacks. Memphis enjoyed a 19-4 edge on the offensive glass in Game 2 but converted those second chances into only eight points. Expect that [...]Jeff McDonald
- Report: Budenholzer the favorite in Atlanta May 24, 2013A short blurb at ESPN Insider in a larger overview of the NBA’s coaching vacancies identifies Spurs assistant coach as the favorite to replace Larry Drew in Atlanta. From Chris Broussard ($): Many league insiders believe Spurs longtime assistant Mike Budenholzer will be Danny Ferry’s choice in Atlanta. Not much to it, obviously, but it [...]Dan McCarney
- Allen fined $5,000 by NBA May 24, 2013Memphis guard Tony Allen has been fined $5,000 for violating the league’s anti-flopping rules during Game 2 of the Western Conference finals, the league announced Friday. Manu Ginobili was assessed with a Flagrant 1 foul after pulling Allen down by the arm during a breakaway layup in the final minute of regulation. Allen landed hard [...]Dan McCarney
- Tim Duncan hired a private investigator, says Buck Harvey source May 24, 2013Tim Duncan had concerns about his marriage as long ago as last fall. That led him to hire a private investigator, a well-placed source said.SB Nation - San Antonio Spurs
- De Colo upset with lack of playing time May 24, 2013Nando De Colo’s playing time has disappeared in the postseason, and he’s not happy about it. The rookie point guard unloaded to French newspaper La Voix Du Nord, saying he does not understand why he has played in only three playoff games after averaging 12.8 minutes during the regular season. His comments, via Google translation: [...]Dan McCarney
- NBA roundup: Celtics won't let Nets talk to Rivers (The SportsXchange) May 24, 2013The Boston Celtics will not grant the Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers about their vacant head coaching job.
- Grizzlies' Allen fined for flopping (The SportsXchange) May 24, 2013Memphis Grizzlies guard Tony Allen was fined $5,000 by the NBA for violating the NBA's rule that prohibits flopping.
- Spurs-Grizzlies Preview (The Associated Press) May 24, 2013MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- The towels are showing up all around Memphis. They hang over neighborhood signs and even at a door to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- NBA fines Grizzlies G Tony Allen $5,000 for flop (The Associated Press) May 24, 2013MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- The NBA has fined Grizzlies guard Tony Allen $5,000 for violating the league's anti-flopping rule during Game 2 of the Western Conference finals against the San Antonio Spurs.
- Tony Allen fined $5K for flopping on Manu Ginobili flagrant foul in Game 2 vs. Spurs (Video) (Ball Don't Lie) May 24, 2013Following the San Antonio Spurs' Game 2 win over the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday, our own Eric Freeman wondered whether Grizzlies guard Tony Allen — renowned throughout the league as one of the toughest, most physical, hardest-nosed players in the game — faked the severity of any injury he might have sustained when fouled on a layup attempt in the final minute of regulation by Spurs guard Manu Ginobili. In case you've forgotten what went down, watch it again: After coughing up the ball for an Allen runout, Ginobili raced back, grabbed Allen's left forearm and pulled him down to the ground. It was a hard fall, but Allen appeared to get both of his hands down in front of him to break it; after impact, though, he grabbed his head with both hands and began writhing along the baseline in apparent pain. The referees on the scene called a flagrant foul, headed over to the replay monitor to review the incident and, despite widespread perception that Allen had embellished things, upheld the call, granting Allen two free throws (which he made) and the Grizzlies another offensive possession (with which they tied the game and forced overtime). While the officials on the scene apparently saw nothing untoward in Allen's behavior, after a couple of days to review the play, the league office begged to differ. The NBA announced Friday afternoon that Allen has been fined $5,000 for violating the league's anti-flopping policy with his embellishment on the play.
- Spurs’ Precision a Product of Motion and Misdirection May 23, 2013Attention to detail from savvy veterans and athletic young players alike has helped San Antonio get out to a 2-0 lead over Memphis in their N.B.A. playoff series.
- Garcia Finds Deep Water (Again) vs. Woods May 23, 2013The N.H.L. and N.B.A. playoffs have losing teams, but golfer Sergio Garcia deepened his losing streak against Tiger Woods, this time with his mouth.
- Overtime Win Puts Spurs Up, 2-0, in Series May 22, 2013Tony Parker had 15 points and 18 assists for San Antonio, which lost a 13-point lead in regulation but prevailed to put Memphis in a 2-0 series hole.
- Spurs Strike First in Western Conference Finals May 20, 2013Tony Parker had 20 points and 9 assist to lift San Antonio over Memphis in Game 1.
- Grizzlies Make Up for Lack of Flash With Grit May 19, 2013In lieu of high-flying pyrotechnics, the Memphis Grizzlies are best known for their grit-and-grind mentality, an approach that resonates in a lunch-pail city.