San Antonio Spurs Links of Interest
San Antonio Spurs Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the San Antonio Spurs
Quick searches for San Antonio Spurs on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- JaMychal Green waived as Spurs make final cuts October 25, 2014JaMychal Green had a few nice moments in the preseason, but could not survive the Spurs' final round of cuts.Jeff McDonald
- Spurs complete ‘poor’ preseason with loss October 24, 2014The Spurs finished the preseason at 2-5 with Friday's loss to Houston, prompting coach Gregg Popovich to criticize his team for playing with little focus. But neither Tim Duncan nor Tony parker are overly concerned. "This was preseason," Parker said, "and it doesn't mean anything."Dan McCarney
- If this is the end for Steve Nash, Spurs will miss him October 24, 2014In his Phoenix Suns days, Steve Nash waged some epic battles against the Spurs. If he is forced to retire due to a back injury, the Spurs will miss him.Jeff McDonald
- Manu Ginobili, master of the trick shot, outdoes himself October 24, 2014Manu Ginobili has long been known for his practice trick shots, but he might have outdone himself by kicking the ball in from half court.Dan McCarney
- Popovich shocks ESPN’s Beadle with birthday greeting October 23, 2014UTSA grad and former Spurs intern Michelle Beadle was driven to tears by a shock birthday message from Gregg Popovich during her duties as co-host on ESPN 2's Sports Nation.Dan McCarney
- Harden helps Rockets beat Spurs 96-87 in preseason (The Associated Press) October 25, 2014The Houston Rockets finished off the preseason with a solid defensive effort against the San Antonio Spurs. James Harden scored 25 points, and Houston used a big run before halftime to beat San Antonio 96-87 on Friday night. The Rockets held the Spurs to 41 percent shooting. They also forced 16 San Antonio turnovers, 13 in the first half.
- BDL's 2014-15 NBA Season Previews: Sacramento Kings (Ball Don't Lie) October 24, 2014
- Brief profiles of Western Conference teams (Reuters) October 24, 2014(Reuters) - Following are brief profiles of the 15 teams in the National Basketball Association's Western Conference ahead of the2014-15 season. NORTHWEST DIVISION DENVER NUGGETS Founded: 1967 NBA titles: None Head coach: Brian Shaw 2013-14 record: 36-46 (Finished fourth in division, did not make playoffs) After missing the playoffs last season for the first time since 2003, the Nuggets are hoping to take a step forward with second-year coach Brian Shaw and some key acquisitions. ...
- LeBron's Cavs help bring focus back to the hardwood (Reuters) October 24, 2014By Frank Pingue (Reuters) - After a tumultuous offseason that forced the National Basketball Association to confront the delicate issue of race, the league will usher in a new season starting next week that could prove to be one of the best in years. The defining story of the offseason could have been LeBron James's return to his home state's Cleveland Cavaliers, where the game's most popular player hopes to ease the pain from his defection in 2010, but instead racism dominated headlines. ...
- Western Conference, defending champs tough as ever (The Associated Press) October 24, 2014Calling it the Wild West just doesn't do it justice anymore.
- GTT ★ October 24, 2014Our quirky, discerning picks for the most interesting things to do around the state this week.
- France Realigns Without a Star September 2, 2014The decision by Tony Parker, France’s most famous basketball player, to skip the World Cup altered the country’s expectations but provided a reminder of an approaching eventuality.
- Loss to Lynx Ends Hammon’s Playing Career August 24, 2014Minnesota won at San Antonio, 94-89, to advance to the W.N.B.A.’s Western Conference finals and end the playing career of the Stars’ Becky Hammon.
- Pioneer of a Crossover Move August 12, 2014Becky Hammon’s being named the first full-time female assistant coach in the N.B.A. by the San Antonio Spurs may have started on a shared flight from the London Olympics.
- San Antonio Spurs Hire Becky Hammon as N.B.A.’s First Female Full-Time Coach August 6, 2014Hammon, 37, the former Liberty player who is retiring after a 16-season playing career in the W.N.B.A., spent much of last season in an unofficial capacity with the Spurs.