New Orleans Hornets Links of Interest
New Orleans Hornets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Orleans Hornets
Quick searches for New Orleans Hornets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- NBA roundup: Knicks' Dolan, Jackson reportedly at odds (The SportsXchange) April 24, 2014New York Knicks owner James Dolan said last month that he willingly and gratefully ceded control of the front office to bring in Phil Jackson as team president. Dolan and Jackson are clashing over personnel decisions, the New York Daily News reports, with Dolan pushing to retain select personnel that Jackson has already decided not to keep. His first, and predictable, move as president was firing coach Mike Woodson. Almost immediately after, reports out of New York surfaced that members of the front office were encouraging Jackson to keep assistant coach Herb Williams in some capacity.
- Suns' Dragic honored as NBA's Most Improved Player (The Associated Press) April 23, 2014Of course, the NBA's most improved team would have its most improved player. Goran Dragic, whose breakout season helped the Phoenix Suns make a remarkable transformation, was presented the most improved award at a ceremony Wednesday at US Airways Center. The 6-foot-3 Slovenian, who turns 28 in two weeks, flourished under first-year coach Jeff Hornacek's double-point guard system, teaming with Eric Bledsoe to form a dynamic backcourt. ''We're looking for players who can go out there every night and lay it all out there,'' Hornacek said, ''play through injuries, do everything the coaches ask, play with confidence.
- Whoops: Clippers color commentator mistakenly filed MVP ballot for Most Improved Player award (Ball Don't Lie) April 23, 2014
- Suns' Dragic voted league's most improved player (Reuters) April 23, 2014(Reuters) - Phoenix Suns guard Goran Dragic, whose breakout campaign helped his team to a 23-win improvement, was named the National Basketball Association's most improved player, the league said on Wednesday. Dragic received 408 of a possible 1,134 points, including 65 first-place votes, from a panel of 126 sportswriters and broadcasters in the United States and Canada. Lance Stephenson of the Indiana Pacers (158 points, 13 first-place votes) finished second while Anthony Davis (155 points, 16 first-place votes) of the New Orleans Pelicans was third. Dragic, who entered the 2013-14 campaign with a career scoring average of 9.5 points, averaged a career-best 20.3 points to go with 5.9 assists and 3.2 rebounds.
- Suns' Dragic wins Most Improved Player award (The SportsXchange) April 23, 2014Phoenix Suns guard Goran Dragic, who helped lead the team to a 23-win improvement while establishing career highs in scoring and field goal percentage, was named the 2013-14 NBA Most Improved Player on Wednesday. Collecting 408 of a possible 1,134 points, Dragic received 65 first-place votes from a panel of 126 sportswriters and broadcasters. Guard Lance Stephenson of the Indiana Pacers (158 points, 13 first-place votes) and forward Anthony Davis of the New Orleans Pelicans (155 points, 16 first-place votes) came in second and third, respectively.
- Solid Win for the Nets, Starting With Their Reserves February 10, 2014The combination of health and depth helped the Nets bounce back after a disappointing loss Friday in Detroit.
- 2 Stars Sit, But Heat Still Edge The Spurs April 1, 2013Chris Bosh scored 23 points and the Heat escaped the Spurs with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade sitting out with injuries.