New Orleans Hornets Links of Interest
New Orleans Hornets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Orleans Hornets
Quick searches for New Orleans Hornets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Saints, Pelicans owner asks judge to dismiss heirs' lawsuit (The Associated Press) January 28, 2015New Orleans Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson has asked a judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by his recently estranged heirs who are seeking control of his NFL and NBA teams. Benson said he made a ''deliberate, reasoned and difficult decision'' to eventually leave control of the teams with Gayle Benson, his wife of 10 years. Benson's daughter, Renee Benson, and her children, Rita and Ryan LeBlanc, have recently been removed from the 87-year-old owner's succession plan for his clubs. The lawsuit also urged the judge to appoint Renee Benson to oversee all of her father's business interests, a process known legally as interdiction.
- Nuggets-Pelicans Preview (The Associated Press) January 27, 2015Anthony Davis credits the New Orleans Pelicans' longest winning streak of the season to the simple fact that everyone is having fun. The miserable Denver Nuggets surely would like to knock them down a peg. New Orleans seeks a fifth consecutive victory while dealing visiting Denver an eighth straight defeat Wednesday night. Davis finished with 32 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks in Monday's 99-74 win over Philadelphia to give New Orleans its fourth straight home win.
- Davis' dunks aplenty lead Pelicans past 76ers, 99-74 (The Associated Press) January 27, 2015Anthony Davis stood at the top of the key, pumping his fist and letting out a roar. His adrenaline-infused reaction was inspired not by one of his five thunderous dunks against the Philadelphia 76ers, but the way Omer Asik converted Davis' crisp pass under the basket into a layup as he was fouled. Everybody's playing hard and that's all that the coaches ask for.'' Davis had 32 points, 10 rebounds and four blocked shots, and New Orleans stretched its season-long winning streak to four games with a 99-74 victory over the Sixers on Monday night. Ryan Anderson scored 19 points and Eric Gordon added 13 for New Orleans, while Tyreke Evans tied a season high in assists - set one night earlier - with 12.
- Hornets' Walker to undergo surgery on knee; return unclear (The Associated Press) January 27, 2015The Hornets announced Monday that Kemba Walker will undergo surgery to repair a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee. Walker, 24, flew to New York to have a second opinion on his knee. The Hornets say that Dr. David Altchek confirmed team orthopedic physician Marcus Cook's previous diagnosis, although the team previously only listed Walker as having a cyst on the knee. It's possible the surgery could end Walker's season.
- Lakers' Bryant to have surgery, season in jeopardy (Reuters) January 26, 2015(Reuters) - Kobe Bryant's NBA season could be over after the guard agreed to have surgery on a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder, the Los Angeles Lakers said on Monday. The five-time National Basketball Association champion will have surgery on Wednesday and a timeline for his return will be issued following the procedure, the team said in a statement. Bryant injured his shoulder last week in a loss to the Pelicans in New Orleans and it could lead to the 16-time NBA All-Star being shut down for the Lakers' final 37 games of the 2014-15 regular season. The 36-year-old guard was averaging 22.3 points from 35 games this season for a struggling Lakers team that is last in the Pacific Division with a 12-33 record.
- Solid Win for the Nets, Starting With Their Reserves February 10, 2014The combination of health and depth helped the Nets bounce back after a disappointing loss Friday in Detroit.
- 2 Stars Sit, But Heat Still Edge The Spurs April 1, 2013Chris Bosh scored 23 points and the Heat escaped the Spurs with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade sitting out with injuries.
- Heat’s Streak May Be Over, but Show Rolls On March 31, 2013LeBron James and the Heat appear to have shaken off the loss that ended their 27-game win streak. They dominated the Hornets, with James’s grabbing 36 points.
- Heat’s James Dominates in Victory March 30, 2013LeBron James scored 36 points and the visiting Miami Heat beat the New Orleans Hornets. The Atlanta Hawks and Memphis Grizzlies also won their games.
- Nuggets’ Streak Ends at 15 to Hornets March 26, 2013Ryan Anderson scored 23 points and the New Orleans Hornets beat visiting Denver, ending the Nuggets’ 15-game winning streak.