New Orleans Hornets Links of Interest
New Orleans Hornets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Orleans Hornets
Quick searches for New Orleans Hornets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Pistons-Pelicans Preview (The Associated Press) December 11, 2013Already without Anthony Davis, the New Orleans Pelicans suffered another key loss their last time out. While Tyreke Evans' absence won't help matters, the rest of the team figures to have fresh legs following four days off. Evans will miss the first of several games as New Orleans tries to avoid a third consecutive defeat Wednesday night against the visiting Detroit Pistons. Things aren't about to get any easier for New Orleans, which saw Evans go down with a sprained left ankle in the third quarter.
- Kevin Love posts double-double, Timberwolves dismantle Pistons (Automated Insights) December 11, 2013Kevin Love finished with 26 points and recorded 16 rebounds and 7 assists in a complete effort to lead the Minnesota Timberwolves to a blowout victory over the Detroit Pistons, 121-94. The Timberwolves shot really well in this one, going 41-85 (48.2%) from the field, including 11-24 (45.8%) from three-point range. Minnesota (10-11) has won just three of their last 10 games. Minnesota also got solid performances from Nikola Pekovic with 18 points and 5 rebounds, Ricky Rubio with 15 points and 9 assists, and J.J. Barea with 10 points and 6 assists.
- Pelicans-Pistons Preview (Automated Insights) December 11, 2013The New Orleans Pelicans take on the Detroit Pistons at New Orleans Arena. The Pelicans currently hold a 9-10 record and have shown signs of being both a good and bad team this season. Entering with a record of 10-12, the Pistons have been mediocre this year. This game has a start time of 8:00 pm EST and it will be covered by FSN-DET and FSN-NO.
- East team for NBA All-Star Game could be full of unfamiliar names (Comcast SportsNet Chicago) December 10, 2013With all of the talk about how bad the NBA's Eastern Conference is compared to the West, has anybody considered exactly who might be representing the East in February's All-Star Game? With Bulls point guard Derrick Rose out for the season, Celtics counterpart Rajon Rondo still sidelined from his ACL injury last spring and Pacers swingman Paul George now considered a forward, Cleveland's Kyrie Irving, a former Rookie of the Year coming off his debut All-Star appearance as a reserve last season and equipped with widespread popularity from his "Uncle Drew" commercial could land a starting nod in the backcourt alongside Miami's Dwayne Wade. The aforementioned George is likely to start in the East's frontcourt, next to Heat superstar LeBron James and New York's Carmelo Anthony, both fellow small forwards. That doesn't give the East a whole lot of size up front to battle the likes of Houston's Dwight Howard for the Western Conference, but at least the lineup is sure to provide some exciting basketball and name recognition for fans.
- Evans' sprained ankle to sideline him 1-2 weeks (The Associated Press) December 9, 2013METAIRIE, La. (AP) -- The New Orleans Pelicans say guard Tyreke Evans is expected to miss up to two weeks because of his left ankle injury.
- 2 Stars Sit, But Heat Still Edge The Spurs April 1, 2013Chris Bosh scored 23 points and the Heat escaped the Spurs with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade sitting out with injuries.