New Orleans Hornets Links of Interest
New Orleans Hornets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Orleans Hornets
Quick searches for New Orleans Hornets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- US basketball reigns in Spain, awaits Rio Olympics (The Associated Press) September 15, 2014The Americans had embarrassed themselves at home in the 2002 world championship, and when they haphazardly put together their team for the 2004 Olympics, nobody should have been surprised if they lost. Now the Americans run perhaps the most stable program in the world, gold medalists at both the men's and women's, senior and junior levels. Yet Mike Krzyzewski will prepare as if their opener in Rio de Janeiro is as uncertain as the one in Athens. ''I think we can lose our next game,'' Krzyzewski said.
- Holiday, Anderson gear up as Pelicans camp nears (The Associated Press) September 12, 2014Pelicans point guard Jrue Holiday has been feeling the best kind of pain this week - that general muscle soreness that comes from finally playing the sport he loves again. Sharp-shooting forward Ryan Anderson will have that same feeling in a week or so, and he can't wait. ''Next week I should be able to play with the guys,'' said Anderson, who needed surgery to repair a herniated disk in his neck. I'm not really hesitant about it.'' It has been a long wait for the prominent pair of Pelicans to get back on the court in a 5-on-5, full-speed environment.
- US, Lithuania win to set up World Cup semifinal (The Associated Press) September 9, 2014Lithuania will have another chance to upset the United States after the two teams set up a semifinal rematch at the Basketball World Cup. Renaldas Seibutis scored 11 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter and Lithuania outshot Turkey from behind the 3-point line to win their quarterfinal 73-61 on Tuesday. ''Everybody counts on that USA is the favourite, but we would have to give a fight against them for the semifinal,'' said Lithuania forward Jonas Maciulis. ''We have to fight and seize the chance to play the final.'' Backup guard Martynas Pocius added 13 points off the bench for the reigning bronze medalists as Lithuania's substitutes outscored Turkey's 28-6.
- Raptors sign veteran center Greg Stiemsma (The Associated Press) September 4, 2014TORONTO (AP) -- The Toronto Raptors have signed Greg Stiemsma, a veteran free-agent center who played last season with New Orleans.
- Spain beats France 88-64 to go 4-0 at World Cup (The Associated Press) September 3, 2014GRANADA, Spain (AP) -- Ricky Rubio's quick hands set the tone and Marc Gasol had a game-high 17 points as Spain beat France 88-64 Wednesday to remain undefeated at the Basketball World Cup.
- Solid Win for the Nets, Starting With Their Reserves February 10, 2014The combination of health and depth helped the Nets bounce back after a disappointing loss Friday in Detroit.
- 2 Stars Sit, But Heat Still Edge The Spurs April 1, 2013Chris Bosh scored 23 points and the Heat escaped the Spurs with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade sitting out with injuries.
- Heat’s Streak May Be Over, but Show Rolls On March 31, 2013LeBron James and the Heat appear to have shaken off the loss that ended their 27-game win streak. They dominated the Hornets, with James’s grabbing 36 points.
- Heat’s James Dominates in Victory March 30, 2013LeBron James scored 36 points and the visiting Miami Heat beat the New Orleans Hornets. The Atlanta Hawks and Memphis Grizzlies also won their games.
- Nuggets’ Streak Ends at 15 to Hornets March 26, 2013Ryan Anderson scored 23 points and the New Orleans Hornets beat visiting Denver, ending the Nuggets’ 15-game winning streak.