New Orleans Hornets Links of Interest
New Orleans Hornets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Orleans Hornets
Quick searches for New Orleans Hornets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Anthony Davis grows into MVP candidate as New Orleans finds its star (Yahoo Sports) November 27, 2014Anthony Davis suddenly looks like one of the best players in the NBA. He's stood even taller in the local community.
- The 10-man rotation, starring Jimmy Butler's stunning rise (Ball Don't Lie) November 26, 2014A look around the league and the Web that covers it. It's also important to note that the rotation order and starting nods aren't always listed in order of importance. That's for you, dear reader, to figure out. C : Sports Illustrated and ESPN.com . Ben Golliver and Nick Friedell go long on Jimmy Butler, the rising star that nobody, except maybe the Chicago Bulls, seemed to see coming. PF : The Oregonian . Joe Freeman with a great look at how Robin Lopez has quietly and completely changed the Portland Trail Blazers, as told by the teammates who can't stop raving about the big man's unselfishness. [ Yahoo Sports Fantasy Basketball: Sign up and join a league today! ] SF : Vantage Sports . Ian Levy on how solid screens are driving the Dallas Mavericks' league-best offense and how a conservative scheme that emphasizing contested shots has propelled the Blazers to a top-10 defensive efficiency mark. SG : Cowbell Kingdom . The Sacramento Kings' strong start to the season has been fueled, in part, by a steady march to the free-throw line. Can they keep drawing all those freebies? PG : The Hook . Tom Ziller is sick of bad East teams making the playoffs while good West teams don't, so he wants to eliminate conferences, and he's got a realignment plan that would get the top 16 teams in the postseason and cut down on travel and back-to-backs. Let's get regional, y'all! 6th : ESPN Insider ($) . Tom Haberstroh and Chris Paul talk about throwing lob passes, which is almost as fun as watching CP3 actually throw them. (OK, "almost.") 7th : MinnPost . Britt Robson on the slow-boiling growth and development of Andrew Wiggins, "the anti-Kardashian." 8th : USA TODAY Sports . Adi Joseph on how the rising league-wide emphasis on 3-point shooting has led to an increased search for "3-and-D" players who can contribute on both ends without being a team's top gun. 9th : Basketball Insiders . Nate Duncan on the complicated salary-cap gymnastics that the New Orleans Pelicans are going to have to pull off to build a championship contender around Anthony Davis. 10th : Good4Utah . A Utah Jazz fan once referred to as "Dr. Heckle" has been asked to stop using props when he heckles opponents, so naturally he watched Monday's game against the Bulls with a piece of tape over his mouth and is accusing the NBA of a conspiracy against the Jazz. Duh. More NBA coverage: - - - - - - - Dan Devine is an editor for Ball Don't Lie on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter! Follow @YourManDevine Stay connected with Ball Don't Lie on Twitter @YahooBDL , "Like" BDL on Facebook and follow BDL's Tumblr for year-round NBA talk, jokes and more.
- Cousins, Kings beat Pelicans 99-89 (The Associated Press) November 26, 2014NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- When Sacramento coach Michael Malone was ejected in the second quarter, DeMarcus Cousins helped steady the Kings.
- Rudy Gay, Darren Collison will miss Tuesday's game (The Associated Press) November 26, 2014NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Sacramento Kings forward Rudy Gay and guard Darren Collison will miss Tuesday night's game against the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Eric Gordon tears his labrum, is out indefinitely (Ball Don't Lie) November 24, 2014
- Solid Win for the Nets, Starting With Their Reserves February 10, 2014The combination of health and depth helped the Nets bounce back after a disappointing loss Friday in Detroit.
- 2 Stars Sit, But Heat Still Edge The Spurs April 1, 2013Chris Bosh scored 23 points and the Heat escaped the Spurs with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade sitting out with injuries.
- Heat’s Streak May Be Over, but Show Rolls On March 31, 2013LeBron James and the Heat appear to have shaken off the loss that ended their 27-game win streak. They dominated the Hornets, with James’s grabbing 36 points.
- Heat’s James Dominates in Victory March 30, 2013LeBron James scored 36 points and the visiting Miami Heat beat the New Orleans Hornets. The Atlanta Hawks and Memphis Grizzlies also won their games.
- Nuggets’ Streak Ends at 15 to Hornets March 26, 2013Ryan Anderson scored 23 points and the New Orleans Hornets beat visiting Denver, ending the Nuggets’ 15-game winning streak.