New Orleans Hornets Links of Interest
New Orleans Hornets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Orleans Hornets
Quick searches for New Orleans Hornets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Weakened US team aims for world basketball title (The Associated Press) August 28, 2014The bad news just kept coming, the only difference whether the culprit was injury or interest. Paul George broke his right leg in a horrific collision that shook up teammates and perhaps the future of international basketball. Finally, Kevin Durant, the Americans' best player and the NBA's MVP, changed his mind about taking part in the FIBA Basketball World Cup. We're trying to prove that wrong.'' The former world basketball championship begins Saturday at four sites throughout Spain and the Canary Islands.
- What to watch in Basketball World Cup group stage (The Associated Press) August 28, 2014Play begins Saturday at four sites throughout Spain and the Canary Islands, with four teams from each site advancing to the single-elimination round that begins Sept. 6. Brazil and Spain play against each other, who else, France I think, so there's some big teams playing against each other.'' Here are some of the games to watch in the group stage: --- SPAIN VS. FRANCE, GROUP A. The European rivals meet Sept. 3 in Granada. San Antonio Spurs star Tony Parker is taking the summer off after leading France to last year's European championship, which ended Spain's quest for a three-peat.
- Pelicans acquire veteran 6-foot-6 F John Salmons (The Associated Press) August 26, 2014METAIRIE, La. (AP) -- The New Orleans Pelicans have signed veteran small forward John Salmons to a free agent contract.
- NBA Position Battles: West (Rotoworld) August 25, 2014Ryan Knaus examines position battles and projects starting lineups for the Western Conference in this week's edition of The Numbers Game.
- Irving get start at PG vs. Slovenia (The SportsXchange) August 25, 2014Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers will start at point guard for Team USA on Tuesday against Slovenia in its final tuneup heading into the FIBA World Cup.
- Solid Win for the Nets, Starting With Their Reserves February 10, 2014The combination of health and depth helped the Nets bounce back after a disappointing loss Friday in Detroit.
- 2 Stars Sit, But Heat Still Edge The Spurs April 1, 2013Chris Bosh scored 23 points and the Heat escaped the Spurs with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade sitting out with injuries.
- Heat’s Streak May Be Over, but Show Rolls On March 31, 2013LeBron James and the Heat appear to have shaken off the loss that ended their 27-game win streak. They dominated the Hornets, with James’s grabbing 36 points.
- Heat’s James Dominates in Victory March 30, 2013LeBron James scored 36 points and the visiting Miami Heat beat the New Orleans Hornets. The Atlanta Hawks and Memphis Grizzlies also won their games.
- Nuggets’ Streak Ends at 15 to Hornets March 26, 2013Ryan Anderson scored 23 points and the New Orleans Hornets beat visiting Denver, ending the Nuggets’ 15-game winning streak.