Memphis Grizzlies Links of Interest
Memphis Grizzlies Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Memphis Grizzlies
Quick searches for Memphis Grizzlies on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- NBA Warriors hold off Clippers in post-season opener (AFP) April 19, 2014The Golden State Warriors overcame 21 turnovers to edge the Los Angeles Clippers 109-105 on Saturday and snatch home court advantage in their NBA Western Conference first-round series. Klay Thompson scored 22 points and pulled down seven rebounds as the Oakland, California-based Warriors took a 1-0 lead in the best-of-seven series. David Lee added 20 points for the Warriors and Stephen Curry added 20. The game was tied 52-52 at halftime, but the sixth-seeded Warriors outscored the Clippers 35-27 in the third quarter and led by as many as 11 in the fourth period.
- Calathes suspension a reminder of supplement risk (The Associated Press) April 19, 2014NBA players are warned at the start of every season about the dangers of nutritional supplements. One of them could be the reason the Memphis Grizzlies will begin the playoffs without Nick Calathes. The reserve guard was suspended 20 games Friday for violating the league's anti-drug policy by testing positive for tamoxifen. Yahoo Sports, which first reported the suspension, reported that the drug was part of a supplement that Calathes had been using.
- Western Conference picks: Scary matchup for Durant, Thunder? (Comcast SportsNet Mid Atlantic) April 19, 2014With the first round of the NBA playoffs starting on Saturday, J. Michael and Ben Standig make some picks including the Western Conference first round.Click here for their Eastern Conference thoughts. J. Michael: Dallas tends to play everyone tough, except San Antonio, which swept the season series by winning all four games.
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place (NBC Sports) April 19, 2014Making your playoff preview reading convenient.
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy (NBC Sports) April 19, 2014Grizzlies' guard will definitely be missed in the rotation.
- N.B.A. Game of the Week: Grizzlies at Suns April 14, 2014Locked in a battle for the final Western Conference playoff berth, Memphis and Phoenix will clash on Monday.
- Grizzlies Close In on Berth April 14, 2014Mike Conley had 24 points, lifting the Memphis Grizzlies past the host Los Angeles Lakers. Memphis moved a game ahead of idle Phoenix for the final Western Conference playoff berth.
- Having Close to 50 Wins May Not Be Good Enough in West April 6, 2014Four teams in the N.B.A.’s Western Conference are chasing 50-win seasons, but there are only three playoff berths available as the regular season winds down.
- For Phoenix, Record Guarantees Nothing March 23, 2014The Phoenix Suns, who have a 40-29 record after a win on Friday, could be on the outside looking in when the Western Conference playoffs begin in the N.B.A.
- Late Charge By Wizards’ Gooden Dooms Nets March 16, 2014Washington erased a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter to move ahead of the Nets for fifth place in the Eastern Conference.