Memphis Grizzlies Links of Interest
Memphis Grizzlies Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Memphis Grizzlies
Quick searches for Memphis Grizzlies on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Daily Fantasy Review (Rotoworld) October 30, 2014Ryan Knaus sums up daily fantasy trends from the 2013-14 season in the final edition of 'The Numbers Game.'
- Grizzlies-Pacers Preview (The Associated Press) October 30, 2014Life without Paul George is expected to be difficult for the Indiana Pacers, and injuries to fellow starters David West and George Hill won't make things any easier. They'll look to build on their solid performances in the season opener when the Memphis Grizzlies visit Friday night. Hibbert gave the Pacers the spark they needed Wednesday, scoring 22 points with eight rebounds and seven blocks in a 103-91 victory over Philadelphia. ''With so many of the other guys out of the lineup, we called his number a little bit more than normal,'' coach Frank Vogel said.
- Pistons-Timberwolves Preview (The Associated Press) October 30, 2014Though the youth-laden Minnesota Timberwolves came up short in their opener, there was a lot to like about their performance against a playoff stalwart. The Detroit Pistons looked much less promising - and could be in for another tough night without Greg Monroe. Minnesota looks to claim the longest winning streak in series history Thursday night when it hosts Detroit. The Timberwolves opened their season on the road for the first time since 2000-01 with a 105-101 loss Wednesday at Memphis.
- Gasol powers Memphis past Minnesota 105-101 (The Associated Press) October 30, 2014The Grizzlies are 1-0 for the first time in a long, long time. Marc Gasol scored a career-high 32 points, and the Grizzlies beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 105-101 on Wednesday night for the franchise's first victory in a season opener since 2000, the year before the team moved to Memphis. ''It's an unbelievable thought.'' Zach Randolph added 25 points and 13 rebounds for Memphis, which had dropped its last 13 openers. ''That was a good game to start the season,'' Memphis coach Dave Joerger said.
- Nets-Celtics Preview (The Associated Press) October 28, 2014A season after some middling results with the NBA's most expensive roster, the Brooklyn Nets are starting fresh this season with a new coach, a thinned-down payroll and - they hope - a stronger start. Enter new coach Lionel Hollins, exit Jason Kidd, and the Nets will tip the season Wednesday night in Boston against a Celtics team hoping for improvement under second-year coach Brad Stevens. Both teams are already dealing with injuries as Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo works his way back from a broken hand and Nets center Brook Lopez deals with a sprained foot.
- Woman to Lead N.B.A. Players’ Union July 30, 2014The National Basketball Players Association has elected Michele Roberts, a Washington trial lawyer, as executive director, making her the first woman to lead a North American pro sports union.
- Grizzlies Sign Vince Carter July 13, 2014The Memphis Grizzlies signed the eight-time All-Star Vince Carter to a multiyear deal, the club said.
- Grizzlies Retain Joerger May 28, 2014Grizzlies Coach Dave Joerger has signed a contract extension to remain in Memphis after speaking to the Minnesota Timberwolves about their vacancy.
- Joerger Staying Put as Grizzlies’ Coach May 26, 2014Dave Joerger decided to remain as the coach of the Memphis Grizzlies a day after meeting with the Minnesota Timberwolves about their head coaching vacancy, his agent, Warren LeGarie, said.
- Grizzlies Short-Handed for Game 7 May 2, 2014The Memphis Grizzlies might have all summer to think about their dismal effort Thursday night.