Los Angeles Lakers Links of Interest
Quick searches for Los Angeles Lakers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Lakers' Kobe Bryant is named to his 11th All-NBA first team May 24, 2013Bryant shares honor of most first-team selections in league history with Karl Malone. Clippers' Chris Paul is among players also chosen for the 2012-13 season.Kobe Bryant was named to his 11th All-NBA first team Thursday, joining LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Tim Duncan and Chris Paul for the 2012-13 season.
- Phil Jackson throws the book at Kobe Bryant May 16, 2013In a new memoir by the former coach, the Lakers' star comes up short in comparisons with Michael Jordan. But it's not all negative.Phil Jackson never liked to compare Kobe Bryant to Michael Jordan. Believe me, I tried everything.
- Kobe Bryant is highest-paid athlete in L.A. May 16, 2013At $46.85 million, the Lakers star is fourth on the U.S. list behind Floyd Mayweather, LeBron James and Drew Brees.Kobe Bryant is Los Angeles' highest-paid athlete, followed by a couple of Dodgers who fans might say haven't earned their money, in a list compiled annually by Sports Illustrated.
- Kobe Bryant's private family matters again reach a public stage May 13, 2013Lakers star's tumultuous relationship with parents takes new twist with lawsuits over his mother's plans to sell some of Kobe's basketball mementos. It's latest in several cheerless off-court events.The 131-character dispatch arrived mournfully within two hours of sunrise May 4, at 7:58 a.m. to be exact.
- Lakers' Pau Gasol undergoes knee procedure May 10, 2013The forward is expected to make a full recovery from the effort to curb pain and eliminate scar tissue. Lakers forward Pau Gasol will not resume basketball-related activities for 12 weeks after undergoing a knee procedure Thursday aimed at curbing pain in his knees that sidelined him for eight games this season.
- Player Capsule: Steve Nash May 24, 2013When Steve Nash was acquired over the summer and subsequently reunited with Mike D'Antoni when his old coach replaced Mike Brown in mid November, the hope was to bring Showtime back to Los Angeles.
- Lakers Statement On Passing Of Flynn Robison May 23, 2013Lakers Statement on Passing of Flynn Robison
- Kobe Bryant Earns Record-Tying 11th All-NBA First-Team Selection May 23, 2013Kobe Bryant has been named an All-NBA First Team selection for the eighth straight season.
- Player Capsule: Darius Morris May 21, 2013In his second season with the Lakers after being selected in the second round of the 2011 Draft, Darius Morris appeared in 48 games, averaging 5.0 points and 2.0 assists in the 17 that he started.
- Player Capsule: Dwight Howard May 16, 2013Jodie Meeks came to the Lakers as a free agent over the summer, his shooting the particular skill coveted by GM Mitch Kupchak.
- Flynn Robinson, Scorer on Dominant N.B.A. Club, Dies at 72 May 25, 2013Robinson was a 1970 All-Star, a seven-season N.B.A. player and a productive reserve guard on the first Los Angeles Lakers title team, which had a 33-game winning streak.
- Faried Helps Nuggets Push Series to Game 6 May 1, 2013Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and Coach Mike D’Antoni all believe Dwight Howard should stick with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Lakers Move From What Happened to What Now April 30, 2013After San Antonio swept them, the Lakers begin their off-season not knowing who will return next season. The biggest question remains the future of Dwight Howard.
- When Chaos Is More Than a Theory April 30, 2013Dwight Howard is ejected, the N.H.L playoffs promise trademark unpredictability and Tim Tebow is a Jet no more.
- James Asks Wade to Sit, Then Picks Up the Slack April 29, 2013LeBron James led the Heat with 30 points in a victory over the Bucks in Milwaukee, setting up a second-round series with the Nets or Bulls. Dwyane Wade rested a sore right knee.
For more information about Award Winning Photography visit Scott Campbell Photography, Professional Photographer.