Los Angeles Clippers Links of Interest
Quick searches for Los Angeles Clippers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Clippers, Celtics end talks on Doc Rivers deal, at least for now June 19, 2013Clippers' attempts to bring Boston Coach Doc Rivers and forward Kevin Garnett to L.A. end after they balk at Celtics' demand for two No. 1 draft picks as part of deal.The drama between the Clippers and Boston Celtics is over — at least for now.
- Clippers, Celtics call off deal for Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett June 18, 2013Clippers' refusal to give up a second No. 1 draft pick killed deal, league officials say. Next on L.A.'s coaching list: Byron Scott and Brian Shaw.The Clippers and Boston Celtics have called off a blockbuster deal Tuesday that centered around Coach Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett coming to Los Angeles, The Times has learned.
- Clippers, Celtics still discussing Doc Rivers, but no deal in sight June 18, 2013Talks resume then stall again as teams try to negotiate a trade that would let Boston Coach Doc Rivers come to L.A. Meanwhile, Clippers make contingency plans.The melodrama created by the Clippers and Boston Celtics continued Monday, with no apparent end yet in sight.
- Clippers, Celtics at impasse in talks regarding Coach Doc Rivers June 16, 2013Teams can't agree on deal to allow Boston Coach Doc Rivers to move to L.A. Celtics are said to want DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe and draft picks; Clippers balk.Talks between the Clippers and Celtics on a possible deal to bring Boston Coach Doc Rivers to Los Angeles reached a stalemate when both sides refused to budge on their offers, several NBA executives said Saturday.
- Doc Rivers high on Clippers' list, but Celtics remain roadblock June 15, 2013Boston's Danny Ainge turned down the Clippers' request to talk with the Celtics coach, say NBA executives. Portland's Nate McMillan may enter Clippers' picture too.The Clippers' coaching carousel took many turns this week, as the team interviewed three candidates for their opening, while a fourth coach — Doc Rivers — popped up high on their wish list, said several NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
- Hill Retires After 19 Years June 2, 2013The seven-time All-Star Grant Hill retired from the N.B.A. after 19 years, ending an injury-plagued career that included an Olympic gold medal.
- Garcia Finds Deep Water (Again) vs. Woods May 23, 2013The N.H.L. and N.B.A. playoffs have losing teams, but golfer Sergio Garcia deepened his losing streak against Tiger Woods, this time with his mouth.
- The Options Quarterback May 2, 2013After the Jets waived Tim Tebow, sportswriters tried to predict his next move and an indoor football team offered him $75 a game.
- Overpowering Clippers, Grizzlies Even Their Series April 28, 2013Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph each scored 24 points to lift the Grizzlies over the Clippers and ensure a Game 6. The series is tied, 2-2.
- Clippers Edge Grizzlies on Paul’s Shot April 23, 2013Chris Paul’s running jumper with a tenth of a second left gave the Los Angeles Clippers a victory over the Memphis Grizzlies and a 2-0 lead in their first-round playoff series.