Portland Trailblazers Links of Interest
Quick searches for Portland Trailblazers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Portland Trail Blazers at Memphis Grizzlies game preview March 11, 2014The Blazers will look to pick up their first victory of their five-game trip as they take on the Grizzlies at 5 p.m. Tuesday.Joe Freeman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- NY Knicks send Philadelphia 76ers to 17th straight loss, 123-110 (plus other NBA scores) March 11, 2014Capsule summaries of how NBA teams fared Monday.The Associated Press
- Trail Blazers mum on playoff talk, NFL to Portland chatter naive, Pac-12 tournament: Best of Sports March 11, 2014Plus, the Portland Thunder set 24-player roster, with season opener a week away.Joel Odom | email@example.com
- Houston Rockets Patrick Beverley says 'Damian Lillard whines' (audio) March 11, 2014Rockets point guard Patrick Beverley said "Damian Lillard whines. So, I’m not a big fan of that." during a radio interview on Monday in Houston.Mike Richman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trail Blazers assign rookie guard Allen Crabbe to D-League's Idaho Stampede March 10, 2014Crabbe is averaging 2.0 points and 4.9 minutes in 12 games with the Blazers this season.Joel Odom | email@example.com
- Blazers Assign Allen Crabbe To D-League March 11, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers have assigned rookie guard Allen Crabbe to the NBA Development League’s Idaho Stampede. Crabbe is averaging 2.0 points, 0.2 rebounds, 0.3 assists and 4.9 minutes in 12 games for the Trail Blazers this season. This will mark Crabbe's first D-League assignment of the season.
- LaMarcus Aldridge isn’t a serious MVP candidate March 10, 2014LaMarcus Aldridge Isn’t a Serious MVP Candidate LaMarcus Aldridge has had a great season so far. He is averaging career highs in points (23.6), rebounds (11.2), assists (2.8) and free throw percentage (82%). MVP numbers? Sure, as long as we are talking about the MVP of the Portland Trail Blazers. The truth is there isn’t much competition for the NBA’s Most Valuable Player award outside of Kevin Durant and LeBron James. Those two are putting up monster numbers while carrying their teams on their back. I believe an MVP candidate is a player, that if you take them out of their team’s lineup, the team will fail. The Thunder and Heat each have some solid players on their teams, but wouldn’t be considered teams that would push far into the playoffs without their stars. The Trail Blazers played pretty well while Aldridge was out with a groin injury, going 4-1 during that stretch. The Blazers have a very unselfish team and that allows for several players to be able to have a big game on any...
- UPDATE: Further tests reveal broken nose for Trail Blazers' Nicolas Batum March 8, 2014Last night after their loss to the Mavericks, Trail Blazers forward Nicolas Batum told reporters that his X-ray results came back negative. But after further tests were performed, it is confirmed that Batum does have a broken nose, according to Comcast Sportsnet.As reported earlier this morning, the injury occurred during the third quarter when Monta Ellis was called for the offensive foul by clearing out space for a layup and accidentally elbowed Batum in the face. Batum remained on the bench with a packet of ice for only a short while after taking the shot. He re-entered the game finishing off the night with nine points, five rebounds and five assists in 39 minutes.Sam Forencich/Getty Images via Bleacher ReportEven with a broken nose, Batum should be considered probable for their big matchup against the red-hot Rockets on Sunday. It is likely that he will be wearing a mask.But for all the fantasy owners out there, stay tuned to Sports Injury Alert for any updates should Batum'...
- Batum suffers broken nose in loss to Dallas March 8, 2014Portland Trail Blazers small forward Nicolas Batum did indeed break his nose in last night’s 103-98 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Friday night, his agent Bouna Ndiaye informed CSNNW.com Saturday morning. Batum was immediately rushed after the game to get a checkup and the results came back as expected considering he had a noticeable dip in the center of his nose. The team will now seek a protection covering in advance of Sunday’s game against the Houston Rockets, Ndiaye said. The injury occurred in the third quarter when Monta Ellis was called for the offensive foul by clearing out space for the layup attempt and inadvertently elbowed Batum in the face. Despite severe pain, Batum played through the blow.
- Trail Blazers' Nicolas Batum X-rays negative after hard hit March 8, 2014Portland Trail Blazers small forward Nicolas Batum took a hard shot to the nose in last night's loss to the Mavericks. After the game Batum had X-rays performed, fortunately for him the results came back negative according to Joe Freeman on Twitter.Batum remained on the bench with a packet of ice for only a short while after taking the shot. He re-entered the game finishing off the night with nine points, five rebounds and five assists in 39 minutes. The Blazers lost the game 103-98.Rocky Widner/Getty ImagesBatum has started in 62 games this season for Portland and has yet to miss a game. He is averaging 13.0 points, 6.9 rebounds and 5.2 assists in 35.7 minutes per game.Portland has been the healthiest team in the league this season. Out of all five opening day starters LaMarcus Aldridge is the only one to miss playing time due to an injury, and that was only five games.With the loss the Trail Blazers drop to 42-20. They currently sit fifth the Western Conference, half a game behind of the Los Angeles Cl
- Mavericks Avoid Collapse March 8, 2014Dirk Nowitzki scored 22 points, Devin Harris hit the go-ahead shot in the final minute, and the host Dallas Mavericks rallied in the fourth quarter to beat the Portland Trail Blazers after blowing a 30-point lead.
- Nets Endure Most Lopsided Loss Since 2003 February 27, 2014The Nets were unmerciful critics as they took turns roasting their play in an embarrassing defeat at Portland.
- N.B.A. Game of the Week: With Paul Back, Beware of Clippers February 10, 2014The star point guard Chris Paul, who returned Sunday after an 18-game absence, is set to lead Los Angeles against Portland, which has struggled recently with its 3-point shooting.
- Busy Lillard Tests His Durability February 9, 2014Damian Lillard, who has started every Portland game since being drafted in 2012, is slated to participate in multiple All-Star events and may be included on the United States national team.
- In Trail Blazers, Woodson Sees a Lot to Like February 7, 2014While Mike Woodson’s team is still figuring things out, Portland, which is 35-14 after Wednesday’s victory over the Knicks, is continuing its surprising rise.