Portland Trailblazers Links of Interest
Quick searches for Portland Trailblazers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Trail Blazers vs. Memphis Grizzlies: Live updates and game chat November 29, 2014 Joe Freeman | email@example.com
- Trail Blazers no longer obsessing over sellouts, still filling Moda Center November 28, 2014The Blazers still nearly fill the arena each night, but the franchise has moved away from promoting artificial sellout streaksMike Richman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Russell Westbrook to return as Thunder host Knicks November 28, 2014The All-Star point guard broke his right hand in the second game of the season, missing the Thunder's (4-12) last 14 games.Sean Meagher | email@example.com
- Portland Police give Trail Blazers center Robin Lopez permission to watch Star Wars trailer November 28, 2014The Police went full Yoda in response to Lopez's Star Wars request on Twitter.Mike Richman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oregonian news quiz: GMO labeling, Blazers' streak and a Nike Tweet November 28, 2014Thanksgiving traffic, fruit cake ice cream and someone let the Portland Police Bureau horses free.Sue Jepsen | email@example.com
- NBA Notes: Steve Blake, Chris Kaman Stabilize Blazers’ Bench November 25, 2014Stats are for losers, but for the last two seasons, the lack of stats coming from their bench prevented the Portland Trail Blazers from being winners what it mattered. The Blazers look like a shoo-in for the NBA playoffs, but thanks to a revitalized bench they could do more than just make the postseason field. Steve Blake and Chris Kaman have filled a void that separated the Blazers from the Western Conference’s elite even as LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard emerged as All-Stars the last two seasons. The bench no longer holds back a Portland team that currently is tied for the second-most wins in the league. “They’ve really stabilized it,” Blazers coach Terry Stotts said before Sunday’s game against the Boston Celtics at TD Garden. “I call them my two pillars, because you can really count on them every night. Steve really understands the game. He’s been in it here a long time. He makes other players better. He’s a good defender. When Nic (Batum) was out, we finishe
- Trail Blazers win eighth straight, drop 76ers to 0-14 November 25, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers didn't take the winless 76ers lightly following a lackluster first half. LaMarcus Aldridge had 15 of his 33 points during the pivotal third quarter to help the Trail Blazers defeat Philadelphia 114-104 on Monday night, sending the 76ers to their 14th straight loss to open the season. Wesley Matthews added 17 points, Damian Lillard had 16 and Robin Lopez chipped in 12 for Portland (11-3), which won its eighth in a row after coming back from a two-point halftime deficit. ''They came out with a lot of energy; we came out a little sluggish,'' Aldridge said. ''They woke us up.'' Michael Carter-Williams led Philadelphia (0-14) with 24 points. The 76ers moved within one loss of matching the franchise mark for consecutive losses to begin a season and will look to avoid an 0-15 opening when they host Brooklyn on Wednesday. They also are just four losses from tying the 2009-10 Nets, who set an NBA record by beginning the season 0-18. If the losing continues, Phila...
- Steve Blake Breaks Evan Turner’s Ankles On Consecutive Possessions November 24, 2014Poor Evan Turner. Late in the third quarter of the Portland Trailblazers’ 94-88 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, the journeyman guard found himself defending Steve Blake — a 34-year-old fellow journeyman guard — on the left wing. Although, we’re not really sure we can call it “defending” because Blake made him look silly Article found on: Next Impulse Sports
- Ankle Insurance: Steve Blake catches Evan Turner slipping November 24, 2014Evan Turner has earned repeat offender status after getting caught for an unpaid bill by Steve Blake. Blake told Turner to pay up before the game, but Turner wasn’t having that. Blake made him understand how important having Ankle Insurance was on the lords day. His right to left crossover put Turner in a spin cycle and Blake hit the three. I hate it had to be you ET. The cross wasn’t even that nasty in my opinion, but ET’s reaction made the play. S/o to my homie Warren for sharing this clip with me.
- Portland Trail Blazers Week Preview – 11/24 November 24, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers are making a habit of keeping things interesting this season. Although they whupped on the shorthanded Chicago Bulls on Friday, the other two games they had last week were close games against inferior teams, teams with great chances to win late. The negative view is that the Blazers were sluggishly coasting, thinking they could just waltz into a place like Boston and kick butt because it’s Jeff Green and Jared Sullinger playing in Celtic green, not Larry Bird and Kevin McHale. Coupled with the Western team’s usual jet lag when playing on the East Coast, their lax play nearly cost them the game. On the other hand, the New Orleans and Boston games were ones Portland would have lost last year. The experience of being a successful team, the increased continuity, and having an actual bench (!!!) allow the Blazers an ability to recover from bad starts that was missing last year. The days of a opponent’s first-quarter lead proving fatal are officially over. One m...
- Trail Blazers Win 9th in a Row; Stephen Curry and the Warriors Roll November 27, 2014Wesley Matthews was 10 of 15 from the field and 6 of 9 from 3-point range as Portland improved to 7-0 against Eastern Conference teams.
- Blazers Drop Sixers to 0-14 November 25, 2014LaMarcus Aldridge had 15 of his 33 points during the pivotal third quarter at Philadelphia, sending Portland to a 114-104 victory.
- Nets Finish Winless on Trip, Falling to Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers November 16, 2014Lillard had 28 points and 10 assists to lead Portland, which played without the ill LaMarcus Aldridge but handed the Nets their third straight loss to Western Conference teams.
- Pacers Move On to a Rematch With the Heat May 16, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers signed Coach Terry Stotts to a multiyear contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
- Parker and Spurs Roll Past Trail Blazers May 7, 2014Tony Parker had 33 points and 9 assists as San Antonio had little problem with Portland in the opening game of the Western Conference semifinals.