Portland Trailblazers Links of Interest
Quick searches for Portland Trailblazers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Portland Trail Blazers celebrate Dale Schlueter's life at Veterans Memorial Coliseum: photos, videos August 11, 2014Schuelter, a 6-foot-10 "enforcer" as Smith described him, was born in Tacoma, Washington. The San Francisco Warriors drafted Schlueter out of Colorado State University in 1967. Portland acquired Schlueter during the 1970 NBA Expansion Draft. Schlueter remained with the Trail Blazers until being dealt to Philadelphia in 1972.Erik C. Anderson | email@example.com
- Nicolas Batum excited to get back to work with Trail Blazers after busy summer: Video September 30, 2014"I got one day off," Batum said. "This medal was the first time that a French basketball team won a medal at a world cup or world championship. And because Tony (Parker) didn't play, or Joakim Noah didn't play, I had to do all the media and all the appearances."Pete Christopher | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trail Blazers media day: Sights and sounds, and more videos September 30, 2014Video highlights from Monday's media day at the Moda Center.Joel Odom | email@example.com
- Canzano: Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Aldridge are in this together September 30, 2014Trail Blazers media day came with one important realization --- the organization is no longer tone deaf to what matters when it comes to LaMarcus Aldridge.John Canzano | JohnCanzano@iCloud.com
- Trail Blazers television deal expires in 3 seasons; team president says DirectTV, Dish Network will be part of next pact September 30, 2014Blazers president Chris McGowan talks about television deal, the NHL, Moda Center improvements, Veterans Memorial Coliseum and his tenure in Media Day interviewAllan Brettman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expectations high for stable Trail Blazers September 30, 2014PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) Among the themes for the Portland Trail Blazers this season is to embrace the idea they belong with the elite teams in the West. The Blazers exceeded expectations last year by winning 54 games and advancing to the second round of the playoffs, where they fell to the eventual NBA champion San Antonio Spurs. The Blazers return nearly the entire roster from that team, including All-Stars LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard, and fellow starters Nicolas Batum, Wesley Matthews and Robin Lopez. The team addressed needs in the offseason with the acquisition of center Chris Kaman and the return of guard Steve Blake. Portland's stability is a big reason why most onlookers don't see last season as a fluke. Now the Blazers need to believe that, too. ''There are clearly high expectations and we need to start acting like an elite basketball team and I think the guys get that,'' general manager Neil Olshey said. Lillard echoed the sentiment on Monday w...
- Mehmet Okur named 'team ambassador' for Utah Jazz September 29, 2014Mehmet Okur is back with the Utah Jazz. Not as a player, though. The lovable, sharpshooting Turkish big man isn't leaving the retirement life anytime soon. Rather, Okur has agreed to be a team ambassador in an official capacity for the NBA team he played for from 2004-11. Jazz CEO Greg Miller complimented Okur because, he said in a statement released by the team's PR crew, the center "has always carried himself with class and dignity." Miller said Okur will work with players, sponsors and fans. The 2007 NBA All-Star will also help with the organization's alumni, community and fan relations efforts; the Jazz's business development; and perhaps even with basketball operations, according to the press release. "Memo quickly became a fan favorite when he arrived in Utah and has maintained that popularity to this day," Jazz president Randy Rigby said in a statement. "Having spent the majority of his career here, he has always been a Jazzman an...
- Earl Watson To Retire From NBA September 29, 2014Earl Watson, 35, is set to retire after 13 seasons. Watson will become a coach for the San Antonio Spurs D-League affiliate. The Kansas City native averaged 6.4 points, 4.4 assists and 2.3 rebounds for his career. The veteran spent his last season in Portland, where he only played in 24 games.
- Portland Trail Blazers 2014 Player Spotlight – Nicolas Batum September 29, 2014As the start of the NBA season approaches, I’ll be breaking down each Trail Blazer expected to play a role in the team’s chances for success. Today, we feature the Glue, Nicolas Batum. (Stats provided by NBA.com.) How Did He Do Last Year? We can start with this: Nicolas Batum played 82 games for the first time last season. Given his issues with nagging injuries in previous years, that fact by itself registers as a plus, even if he was dinged up quite a bit by season’s end. Before the 2013-14 season began, I read an article about him in The Oregonian where he mentioned that he wanted to average 15 points, five rebounds, and five assists a game, essentially being a Swiss Army Knife on the basketball court. Although he fell short of his points benchmark (coming in at 13 PPG), he did average 5.1 assists, and he blew away his rebounding goal to the tune of 7.5 RPG. That mark placed him amongst the best rebounding wing players in the league. Batum’s field-goal percentage last year was 46....
- Report: Earl Watson to accept coaching position with Toros September 29, 2014Earlier this month, a report stated former Portland Trail Blazers guard Earl Watson was thinking about an offer from the San Antonio Spurs’ NBA D-League affiliate team, the Austin Toros, on an assistant coaching position with the organization. Sunday morning at the Spurs’ second day of training camp, Watson was in attendance and on the […]
- Pacers Move On to a Rematch With the Heat May 16, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers signed Coach Terry Stotts to a multiyear contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
- Parker and Spurs Roll Past Trail Blazers May 7, 2014Tony Parker had 33 points and 9 assists as San Antonio had little problem with Portland in the opening game of the Western Conference semifinals.
- San Antonio Advances by Throttling Dallas May 5, 2014Led by Tony Parker’s 32 points, the Spurs ended a physical series with a Game 7 rout and advanced to face the Trail Blazers.
- N.B.A.’s Coveted Trait: Well-Tuned Ears May 4, 2014The search for new, unheralded rap music has become a fast-growing pastime, with players making playlists for their arenas and sharing tracks on Twitter.
- Jack Ramsay, Who Led Blazers to 1977 N.B.A. Title, Dies at 89 April 29, 2014One of pro basketball’s keenest coaching minds, Ramsay, who was known as Dr. Jack, spent more than 60 years in basketball as a player, head coach and broadcast analyst.