Portland Trailblazers Links of Interest
Quick searches for Portland Trailblazers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Trail Blazers-Rockets: Terry Stotts says both teams playing better heading into second meeting (video) December 12, 2013Trail Blazers head coach Terry Stotts after practice Wednesday: "We're playing better, they're playing better. I just think we have to do what we do at a high level and be consistent with it."Sean Meagher | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trail Blazers have plenty of motivation in national TV rematch with Houston Rockets December 11, 2013The Rockets handed the Blazers their first home loss of the season, 116-101 on Nov. 5.Mike Tokito | email@example.com
- Jack Ramsay says Trail Blazers have 'similar components' and are 'kind of reminiscent' of his 1977 NBA championship team December 11, 2013The legendary Blazers coach, who delivered Portland its only NBA championship, sees similarities between this team and his revered group from 1977.Joe Freeman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trail Blazers' CJ McCollum has CT scan, but prognosis won't be known for 'a few days' December 11, 2013The rookie has been out since fracturing the fifth metatarsal in his left foot Oct. 5.Mike Tokito | email@example.com
- Rip City Report: A Trail Blazers podcast, episode 3 December 11, 2013Joe Freeman and Casey Holdahl talk Blazers offense, Omer Asik trade rumors, the contributions of Robin Lopez and more.Joe Freeman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freeland's fight with Babbitt may have helped him turn the corner December 11, 2013Has Joel Freeland toughened up this year? It appears he has from a production standpoint, however his teammates maintain he’s the same ol’ Joel. “Joel is probably the toughest European player that I’ve played against,” LaMarcus Aldridge told CSNNW.com. “I never questioned his toughness at all. He’s just getting a chance to show it now.” As a member of last year’s Portland team that featured one of the worst benches in NBA history, Freeland, who struggled with the speed of the game and was unable to crack the rotation. That’s not an encouraging sign considering the team bolstered its reserve unit over the summer. A couple of problems Freeland grappled with last year: his shot was constantly batted away in the paint, he was often pushed out of position on the defensive end and quite frankly, he wasn’t feared. He wasn’t feared by his opponents and apparently, he wasn’t feared by one of his former teammates. That would change, however. On March 20 in Chicago last season, Portland w
- The Suns and Trail Blazers Twitter Accounts Engage In Hilarious Conversation December 11, 2013Someone in the Phoenix Suns social media department must know someone in the Portland Trail Blazers’ social media department, or they both just have a great sense of humor. Check out their latest back and forth which happened on Twitter Tuesday night. [Twitter] More Articles You May Enjoy… Sports Fans Getting Their Minds Blown Ranking the Best Sports Movie Endings Ever Article found on: Next Impulse Sports
- Weekly Portland Trail Blazers video highlights and analysis – Week 6 December 10, 2013Week 6 Video Breakdown The Portland Trail Blazers concluded a near-perfect week on Saturday when they fell in dramatic fashion to the Dallas Mavericks. Despite the final game turning south as the clock expired, Rip City managed to reel off three straight wins following their victory over the Los Angeles Lakers. The Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder and Utah Jazz were the team’s victims this week, and each game proved to be entertaining in completely different ways. Damian Lillard comes up big against the Indiana Pacers. (AP Photo/Don Ryan) Dec. 2 vs. Indiana Pacers The one knock on the Trail Blazers this season has been their strength of schedule. Wins over sub-.500 teams don’t do much to impress the national audience, but a 106-103 win over the league’s best team showed that the team from the Pacific Northwest is for real, and that it can compete with anybody on any given night. Portland saw All-Star-caliber performances from its two best players, LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard. LaMar
- Are the Trail Blazers The Real Deal? December 10, 2013We are now a quarter of the way complete with the NBA season and I don’t think any team has been more surprising than the Portland Trail Blazers. The Trail Blazers stand atop of the Western Conference with an 18-4 record, second best in the NBA behind the Indiana Pacers. They have simply been superb in their conference posting a 10-4 record, and they have been that much better against the East as they hold a 8-0 record. It seems as if all the pieces have come together quite nicely and Damian Lillard has taken on the role as the face of the franchise. However, are we really buying the Portland Trail Blazers? It’s almost hard to remember that this team finished 11th in the West last season with the way the team has played this season. However, the truth of the matter is that the Blazers made the moves necessary to take the next step. They went out and acquired Robin Lopez and Mo Williams in the offseason and their additions have been helping this team rack up wins. Another thing that ...
- The Portland Trail Blazers are the Real Deal December 10, 2013After a blistering start to the season which sees them atop of the Western Conference after the first month. We explain why Portland is the real deal. If you were asked who would be perched above all comers in the tough Western Conference after the first month of the season, you might’ve heard the familiar names; San Antonio, Oklahoma City maybe even Houston or the LA Clippers. However, the team that has eclipsed all these perennial western powers are the somewhat surprising Portland Trail Blazers. Currently sitting pretty at 18-4, the Trail Blazers have surprised almost everyone on their way to the top of the Western Conference so far this season. After staggering to records of 33-49 and 28-38 in the previous two seasons, their star forward LaMarcus Aldridge had seemingly had enough of the situation in Portland and reportedly requested a trade. Things looked bleak in Portland. Maybe the best option would be to trade Aldridge along with other pieces. GM Neil Olshey could have been f...
- On Other Side of Country, a Lesson in Chemistry December 6, 2013A team that won only 33 games last season is now a test tube in proving that putting the right combination of players on the court leads to success.
- Knicks Drop Sixth Straight, Falling in Portland November 26, 2013The Trail Blazers took an early 22-point lead and responded to every run from the Knicks, who were led by Carmelo Anthony’s 34 points and 15 rebounds.
- To Offset Risks Inside, Blazers Star Improves His Outside Shooting November 26, 2013Playing point guard in the N.B.A. is a physically demanding job, and Damian Lillard knew he needed ways to preserve his career.
- Nets Start Fast but Lose Momentum and the Game November 19, 2013The Nets are winless when being outscored in the third quarter, which was the case in their defeat Monday to the Portland Trail Blazers.
- Portland Tops Toronto for Sixth Straight Win November 18, 2013LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard each scored 25 points and Nicolas Batum added 24 as the Portland Trail Blazers won their sixth straight in overtime at Toronto.