Portland Trailblazers Links of Interest
Quick searches for Portland Trailblazers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Trail Blazers' Damian Lillard prepares for USA Basketball training camp with an eye on 2016 Summer Olympics July 25, 2014The Blazers' point guard will be one of 19 NBA players taking part in a five-day event that will help decide the 12-man roster for next months World Cup.Joe Freeman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team USA roster looks big on guards, short on bigs July 25, 2014Team USA is set to convene in Las Vegas for training camp this week, and it will be up to coach Mike Krzyzewski and director Jerry Colangelo to weed out a roster from a very talented group of 19 players.Sporting News
- Trail Blazers' Game 6 win over Rockets voted NBA's 'Game of the Year' July 25, 2014The Trail Blazers' Game 6 win over the Houston Rockets, featuring Damian Lillard's buzzer-beating three-pointer, was voted "Game of the Year" on NBA.com by the fans.Sean Meagher | email@example.com
- Blake Griffin withdraws from US national team for upcoming World Cup July 25, 2014The Los Angeles Clippers star was one of 19 players selected to the roster from which the World Cup team will be chosen.The Associated Press
- Dale Schlueter, 1945-2014: Photos of the former Trail Blazer and Portland fixture July 25, 2014After his retirement from the NBA in 1978, the Tacoma native remained in Portland and through the years made many appearances for the Blazers at community events.Joel Odom | firstname.lastname@example.org
- How The NBA Falls Short With Summer League … And Portland Trail Blazers Takeaways July 24, 2014The past few weeks the NBA has been buzzing with news of LeBron James’ return to Cleveland, other shufflings during the free agency period, and unfortunately more Donald Sterling talk. All throughout the midst of all the rumors and unnamed sources there was a display of the up-and-coming talent in the NBA. In Las Vegas, Summer League took place over a couple week period. Young talent, unproven names, and guys fighting for a roster spot competed in front of bored media members and half-filled gyms. There were 24 teams, including the Portland Trail Blazers. Talents included Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Glen Rice Jr., Tim Hardaway Jr., Otto Porter, Doug McDermott, CJ McCollum, and many more. With all of this talent in one place, why is it so hard for the NBA to bring people into the arenas? A few months ago, I had every intention to go cover Summer League for OSN. I had price alerts set up for all of the discount flight sites and I was just waiting on the schedule to be released. By ...
- WATCH: Dorell Wright shirtless dancing with DeMarcus Cousins and Swaggy P July 23, 2014NBA players Dorell Wright, DeMarcus Cousins and Nick Young apparently had some type of Super Soaker dance party going on. It also looks like Wright and Cousins have been eating well so far this offseason. Check out these three dancing to a rap song I’ve never heard of! CHECK IT OUT:
- Blazers Thomas Robinson Undergoes Thumb Surgery July 22, 2014Portland Trailblazers GM, Neil Olshey, announced today that forward Thomas Robinson had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb. Robinson injured the thumb in a summer league game on July 15th against Atlanta. The team expects Robinson to be ready for training camp in the Fall. [h/t NBA.com]
- Portland Trail Blazers – Salvation Lies Within July 22, 2014If you’re not getting better, you’re getting worse. The Portland Trail Blazers didn’t have a draft pick, lacked the cap space to add a significant free agent, and the ones they did bring in are more glue than substance. But this team’s future success isn’t dependent on outside talent, but more so on the current personnel getting better. I’m talking to you CJ McCollum. You too Thomas Robinson and Will Barton. And Meyers Leonard … it’s now or never, bro. Portland had one of the league’s least productive benches last season and if this team’s going to improve upon their 2nd round exit in last year’s NBA Playoffs, they’re going to need McCollum, Robinson, Barton, and Leonard to graduate beyond “potential” and “athletic,” to “productive” by means of both individual and team productivity. Last year’s starters played entirely too many minutes. While nice to have healthy talent on the floor in the short-term, long-term success is significantly hampered by the type of
- Projecting Portland Trail Blazers 2014-15 rotation July 22, 2014Looking Ahead. The 2014 NBA Las Vegas Summer League has come and gone, and the only big event standing between the Portland Trail Blazers and the 2014-15 regular season is training camp. With all significant moves now in the past (and more likely, all moves altogether), the Blazers’ roster is set. We know who will be there come the season opener, and we have a good idea of who will play in the regular rotation. Starting Lineup Portland’s starting lineup is as easy to predict as any starting five across the Association. Simply put: It’s going to be the exact same as it was last season. Barring a significant turn of events (injury, poor play, major trade, etc.), the first five at tipoff will look as follows: Damian Lillard Wesley Matthews Nicolas Batum LaMarcus Aldridge Robin Lopez Sixth Man Chris Kaman and Steve Blake will be rotation players for the Blazers next season. (Photo: KOIN 6 News) Looking at the roster as it stands, the Blazers don’t have a true sixth man. They don’t have Mo Willia
- Pacers Move On to a Rematch With the Heat May 16, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers signed Coach Terry Stotts to a multiyear contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
- Parker and Spurs Roll Past Trail Blazers May 7, 2014Tony Parker had 33 points and 9 assists as San Antonio had little problem with Portland in the opening game of the Western Conference semifinals.
- San Antonio Advances by Throttling Dallas May 5, 2014Led by Tony Parker’s 32 points, the Spurs ended a physical series with a Game 7 rout and advanced to face the Trail Blazers.
- N.B.A.’s Coveted Trait: Well-Tuned Ears May 4, 2014The search for new, unheralded rap music has become a fast-growing pastime, with players making playlists for their arenas and sharing tracks on Twitter.
- Jack Ramsay, Who Led Blazers to 1977 N.B.A. Title, Dies at 89 April 29, 2014One of pro basketball’s keenest coaching minds, Ramsay, who was known as Dr. Jack, spent more than 60 years in basketball as a player, head coach and broadcast analyst.