Portland Trailblazers Links of Interest
Quick searches for Portland Trailblazers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Portland Trail Blazers celebrate Dale Schlueter's life at Veterans Memorial Coliseum: photos, videos August 11, 2014Schuelter, a 6-foot-10 "enforcer" as Smith described him, was born in Tacoma, Washington. The San Francisco Warriors drafted Schlueter out of Colorado State University in 1967. Portland acquired Schlueter during the 1970 NBA Expansion Draft. Schlueter remained with the Trail Blazers until being dealt to Philadelphia in 1972.Erik C. Anderson | firstname.lastname@example.org
- US dominates Finland 114-55 during FIBA World Cup opener August 30, 2014Silencing the Finns in the second quarter on the scoreboard and in the stands, where their rabid fans filled an entire side of the arena, the Americans allowed just a pair of free throws in the period, outscoring their overmatched opponents 29-2 to open a 60-18 advantage.The Associated Press
- Nicolas Batum scores 13 points during France's 65-63 loss to Brazil in 2014 FIBA World Cup August 30, 2014Batum played a team-high 35 minutes.Erik C. Anderson | email@example.com
- USA Basketball takes on confident Finland team in their FIBA World Cup debut August 29, 2014A strong performance against the U.S. would be a good start.The Associated Press
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Lesser known NBA stars, coaches to watch on the international stage August 29, 2014Here are some players and coaches to look for when the 24-team tournament starts SaturdayThe Associated Press
- Report: Damian Lillard on deck for Team USA August 29, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers up-and-coming point-guard, Damian Lillard, failed to make Team USA’s final roster, but word on the street is that Lillard is Team USA’s player on deck should somebody drop out, or suffer an injury. Report: Damian Lillard is ‘player on deck’ should anyone opt out of Team USA. http://t.co/QfiJ7i6zZipic.twitter.com/99VMDqxrj7 — theScore (@theScore) August 28, 2014 In wake of Paul George’s gruesome injury, and Kevin Durant fleeing Team USA, the possibility for Coach K needing Lillard has opened up. Derrick Rose has been suffering some knee soreness, and his fate seems about as up in the air as it normally is these days. Here’s more on the story: Damian Lillard is not out of the loop completely when it comes to his summer involvement with Team USA and FIBA World Cup competition in Spain. Prior to being left off of the final 12-man roster last week, the Portland Trail Blazers’ All-Star point guard was informed that there could be a possibility he’d be added to the roster
- Should a player opt out of World Cup competition, Damian Lillard to get nod August 28, 2014Damian Lillard is not out of the loop completely when it comes to his summer involvement with Team USA and FIBA World Cup competition in Spain. Prior to being left off of the final 12-man roster last week, the Portland Trail Blazers’ All-Star point guard was informed that there could be a possibility he’d be added to the roster if one of their players, in particular Derrick Rose who has been dealing with knee soreness, were unable or opted not to continue the journey, a league source told CSNNW.com. “He’s the player on deck,” we’re told. Lillard expressed to Jerry Colangelo, director of USA Basketball, his desire to be a part of Team USA in Spain and said he would rejoin the team if his services are indeed needed, the source said.
- Team USA Snub A Blessing For Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers August 28, 2014Over the course of the summer there has been a lot of interest in the FIBA World Cup, the once-every-four-years tournament that features the best in international basketball, but mostly for the wrong reasons. High profile names such as Kevin Durant, Kevin Love and LeBron James have all opted to stay at home and skip […] Team USA Snub A Blessing For Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Damian Lillard stars in Madden 15 Carroting commercial August 27, 2014As we previously noted on this website, Portland Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard made a cameo in the Madden 15 viral video called Madden Season. Since the game was released yesterday, Damian was featured in another EA Sports commercial with Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller. Watch as Lillard attempt to play Von in a game but can’t due to some carrots: *** Lillard image courtesy of Getty Images
- Damian Lillard: Face of the NBA? August 27, 2014Dame = Fame. Damian Lillard is quickly becoming one of the most recognized players in the NBA, and we’re not just talking about his play on the court. Sure, his series-winning shot in Game 6 against the Houston Rockets may have solidified his stardom in the eyes of most across the Association, but it’s his presence both on and off the court that is defining him as one of the brightest young stars in the entire league. Damian Lillard is the new cover athlete for NBA Live 2015. (Photo: Electronic Arts) Not only is Damian Lillard an All-Star, but he’s becoming somewhat of a celebrity. Remember when he was featured in a commercial for Champ Sports and Adidas alongside the New York Knicks’ Iman Shumpert and the Denver Broncos’ Von Miller? That was just the beginning. Since then, the Portland Trail Blazers‘ point guard sensation has signed a lucrative deal with Adidas that, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst and Darren Rovell, will “make him one of the highest-earning endorsers in the NBA.” A
- Pacers Move On to a Rematch With the Heat May 16, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers signed Coach Terry Stotts to a multiyear contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
- Parker and Spurs Roll Past Trail Blazers May 7, 2014Tony Parker had 33 points and 9 assists as San Antonio had little problem with Portland in the opening game of the Western Conference semifinals.
- San Antonio Advances by Throttling Dallas May 5, 2014Led by Tony Parker’s 32 points, the Spurs ended a physical series with a Game 7 rout and advanced to face the Trail Blazers.
- N.B.A.’s Coveted Trait: Well-Tuned Ears May 4, 2014The search for new, unheralded rap music has become a fast-growing pastime, with players making playlists for their arenas and sharing tracks on Twitter.
- Jack Ramsay, Who Led Blazers to 1977 N.B.A. Title, Dies at 89 April 29, 2014One of pro basketball’s keenest coaching minds, Ramsay, who was known as Dr. Jack, spent more than 60 years in basketball as a player, head coach and broadcast analyst.