Portland Trailblazers Links of Interest
Quick searches for Portland Trailblazers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Trail Blazers don't practice before flying to Utah, leaving some questions hanging April 10, 2014Mo Williams was a surprise late scratch against the Kings, an effort to get him extra rest.Mike Tokito | email@example.com
- Trail Blazers Rip City Report podcast, episode 15: Playoff edition April 17, 2014In a playoff edition of the podcast, Joe and Casey talk about Joel Freeland's return, the Blazers-Rockets head-to-head matchups, the series X-factor and more.Joe Freeman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are the Trail Blazers' odds of advancing past first round of playoffs? April 17, 2014According to the oddsmakers, the Blazers are underdogs in their first-round series against the Houston Rockets.Joe Freeman | email@example.com
- Canzano: One Trail Blazers quiet celebration we can all join April 17, 2014Not surprising, there was a little celebrating going on after game no. 82.John Canzano | JohnCanzano@iCloud.com
- Trail Blazers looking for 1st playoff series victory against Houston: Blazers-Rockets postseason history April 17, 2014The Blazers have lost three first-round series to the Rockets, in 1987, 1994 and 2009, and Portland is 0-7 in postseason games in Houston.Joel Odom | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trail Blazers' Joel Freeland returns in regular season finale April 17, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers entered the regular season finale on Wednesday with little to play for, as they had already secured the number five seed in the Western Conference playoffs. But the game had some significance to Joel Freeland, who returned to play for the first time since February 11 due to a sprained MCL in his right knee. Verse Photography via Wikimedia CommonsAs reported by Joe Freeman of The Oregonian, the return of Freeland on Wednesday provided some depth in the front court which will be needed in the post season. After missing nine weeks, Freeland was getting anxious to get back on the court. His night was largely a success, scoring six points and grabbing seven rebounds in 18 minutes of action. All said and done, Freeland's knee felt solid and he was satisfied with his return.“It’s relieving, if anything. It had been so long. I haven’t been out for two months — going on nine weeks — in my whole career. And to be out that long was tough. I didn’t thin...
- Weekly Portland Trail Blazers video highlights and analysis – Week 24 April 16, 2014Light at the End of the Tunnel The 2014 NBA playoffs are right around the corner, and the Portland Trail Blazers have locked up a first-round matchup with the Houston Rockets. Following a week that saw Portland go 3-0, the team from the Pacific Northwest has just one game to go. The recent win over the Golden State Warriors was arguably the most important victory of the year, but coming up next is a contest with the Los Angeles Clippers — a contest that could decide whether the Blazers or Rockets have home-court advantage. Mo Williams is ready for the playoffs! (Photo: Bruce Ely/The Oregonian) Portland hasn’t been to the playoffs since 2011, making its return that much sweeter. There will be plenty of highlights between the Blazers and Rockets in Round 1, but until the playoffs arrive, we’ll take a look back at the week that was in Week 24. April 9 vs. Sacramento The Sacramento Kings may be one of the worst teams in the Western Conference, but they still know how to put up a fight. That was the case W
- NBA Jersey Swaps: Damian Lillard with the Los Angeles Lakers April 16, 2014NBA Jersey Swaps: Damian Lillard with the Los Angeles LakersTo request other jersey swaps, tweet us at @NBAandNFLInfo or comment below
- Damian Lillard disses retired stars with 'no rings' in Foot Locker ad (Video) April 16, 2014Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard stars in a new Foot Locker commercial promoting their new adidas gear. In the hilarious ad, Lillard talks about not wanting to be "one of those guys that never won a ring". Unfortunately, that gets Lillard into trouble not only with retired NFL running backs Barry Sanders and LaDanian Tomlinson, but with retired NBA stars Chris Webber and Karl Malone.Talk about awkward.Video via Foot Locker. This post appeared first on Holdout Sports. Follow us on Twitter @HoldoutSports.
- Report: Damian Lillard Signs Massive $100 Million Sneaker Deal With Adidas April 15, 2014Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard recently signed a blockbuster contract extension on his sneaker endorsement deal with Adidas reportedly worth $100 million throughout a 10-year span. Lillard, the reigning Rookie of the Year, has exploded into a dynamic basketball player at the point guard position. He’s currently averaging 20.8 points and 5.6 assists per game in an All-Star season. ESPN’s Brian Windhorst and Darren Rovell reported on the magnitude of Lillard’s sneaker extension: ”It’s believed to be the largest shoe deal since Derrick Rose signed a 13-year deal in 2012 that could be worth more than $185 million. LeBron James and Kevin Durant, both of whom are with Nike, are the highest-earning active players when it comes to shoe endorsements.” Lillard’s new deal will be known as the fourth-largest sneaker deal ever for a professional basketball player. The Adidas brand has yet to release the Lillard signature shoe, but expect a dynamic sneaker in the coming months...
- Cold-Shooting Sixers Lose 24th Straight March 23, 2014Philadelphia’s streak is two short of the N.B.A. record of 26, and the Sixers face two tough games at San Antonio and at Houston.
- Mavericks Avoid Collapse March 8, 2014Dirk Nowitzki scored 22 points, Devin Harris hit the go-ahead shot in the final minute, and the host Dallas Mavericks rallied in the fourth quarter to beat the Portland Trail Blazers after blowing a 30-point lead.
- Nets Endure Most Lopsided Loss Since 2003 February 27, 2014The Nets were unmerciful critics as they took turns roasting their play in an embarrassing defeat at Portland.
- N.B.A. Game of the Week: With Paul Back, Beware of Clippers February 10, 2014The star point guard Chris Paul, who returned Sunday after an 18-game absence, is set to lead Los Angeles against Portland, which has struggled recently with its 3-point shooting.
- Busy Lillard Tests His Durability February 9, 2014Damian Lillard, who has started every Portland game since being drafted in 2012, is slated to participate in multiple All-Star events and may be included on the United States national team.