Portland Trailblazers Links of Interest
Quick searches for Portland Trailblazers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
- Portland Trail Blazers celebrate Dale Schlueter's life at Veterans Memorial Coliseum: photos, videos August 11, 2014Schuelter, a 6-foot-10 "enforcer" as Smith described him, was born in Tacoma, Washington. The San Francisco Warriors drafted Schlueter out of Colorado State University in 1967. Portland acquired Schlueter during the 1970 NBA Expansion Draft. Schlueter remained with the Trail Blazers until being dealt to Philadelphia in 1972.Erik C. Anderson | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trail Blazers can't slow Rudy Gay, Sacramento Kings in 103-94 loss: Game rewind November 1, 2014Rudy Gay had 40 points to lead the Kings as the Blazers fell in their road opener.Mike Richman | email@example.com
- Portland Trail Blazers visit the Sacramento Kings: Live updates and game chat November 1, 2014Follow along and participate in a live chat as the Trail Blazers play their first road game of the season tonight against the Sacramento Kings at Sleep Train Arena.Joe Freeman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- LeBron James and Cavaliers beat Bulls in OT for 1st win; next up, Trail Blazers November 1, 2014James gets 36 points, eight rebounds and four assists for the Cavaliers, who next play at Portland on Tuesday.Mike Tokito | email@example.com
- How injuries to Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook affects Thunder in loaded Western Conference November 1, 2014A look at the reaction to the Thunder's latest injury and how it impacts their standing in a deep Western Conference.Sean Meagher | firstname.lastname@example.org
- And So Begins Another Portland Trail Blazers Journey … October 30, 2014It’s often said that every journey begins exactly the same. Whether it’s a triumphant Lord of the Rings-esque journey ending in untold riches and life affirming self-discovery, or it’s a Billy Bob’s fateful trip to the local mini-mart that ends in a botched robbery, police standoff and a once promising life now spent behind bars, it all begins with an innocuous first step. Sometimes that first step can be a harbinger of things to come, and other times, a red herring on a twisting and turning path which not even Nostradamus himself could see coming. It may have been left out of the final text, but, it’s a little known fact that Frodo Baggins himself rolled his ankle pretty good on that first step outside the Shire and actually considered turning back (There has been no confirmation, however, that Billy Bob found a penny heads up when he walked out the door that fateful day.). While everyone likes to get things started on the right foot, real life rarely plays out like a movie, where ...
- Game of the Night (10/29): Trail Blazers 106, Thunder 89 October 30, 2014Score Off. Rtg. eFG% O.Reb.% TO% FTR Oklahoma City 89 95.2 42.0 32.6 16.1 32.1 Portland 106 113.2 51.1 31.0 10.7 25.3 Russell Westbrook (OKC) — 38 pts., 11/26 FGs, 6 assts. LaMarcus Aldridge (POR) — 27 pts., 10/19 FGs Game To Watch (10/30): Knicks vs. Cavaliers, 8 p.m./TNT
- Portland Trail Blazers Game One – All Eyes Are On The Defense October 29, 2014It’s finally here! Game 1 out of 82 in the 2014-2015 NBA Season tips off in the Moda Center this evening on national television. All eyes in Rip City will be on the team that led us all on the magical ride to the second round of the playoffs for the first time in 14 years. Not many faces have changed, the coaching staff is the same, the philosophies have matured but not changed. The expectations are through the roof, but when the referee throws the ball up at 7:30, none of those expectations matter. That is when the off-season of talk turns into action. And that is why the city of Portland will be electric. Not only is the opener a big game year in and year out, this year the Blazers tip off against their division rivals, the Oklahoma City Thunder. The games against the Thunder the last couple years have been incredibly competitive, highlighted by four All-Stars and down-to-the-wire games. This year the game has lost a little bit of its appeal as the reigning MVP Kevin Durant is sid...
- Trail Blazers Rumors: Portland will allow Thomas Robinson to test free agency next summer October 29, 2014The Trail Blazers have declined PF Thomas Robinson's $4.6 million fourth-year option for next season per Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. This means he will become an unrestricted free agent next summer. The former fifth overall pick in 2012 has shown flashes of potential, but has never gotten an extended look. Robinson has only played 13.8 minutes per game throughout parts of two NBA seasons with three different teams (Kings, Rockets, Blazers).The move makes sense considering the Blazers already have an established All-Star PF in LaMarcus Aldridge, but there's no reason to believe Robinson won't develop into a full-time starter and potentially an All-Star himself on another team. The former Kansas Jayhawk is only 23 years old.Photo by the Houston ChronicleHis pre-draft scouting report from nbadraft.net:Robinson is one of the safer picks around the top of the draft. He has the tools and the work ethic to become an ideal pick-and-roll/pick-and-pop kind of power forwa...
- Blazer’s Edge rejects second-tier media credential from Trail Blazers October 28, 2014One of the most popular and most successful team blogs in all of sports won’t have a voice in the locker room this season. Blazer’s Edge, the Portland Trail Blazers blog in the SB Nation network, is refusing media credentials from the team in the wake of a new two-tier policy. The Blazers changed their credential policy this season, allowing the same access as always to traditional media while giving fan sites 200-level seats during games but forbidding them from entering post-game scrums and practices. Blazer’s Edge had been granted locker room access for the past six seasons. Managing editor Dave Deckard announced the website’s decision in a detailed post on Monday, describing the various explanations provided by the team’s PR staff and responding to comments made by a Blazers spokesman to The Oregonian: The justification the Blazers PR department has given for this policy has changed over the weeks since we first heard of it. Their initial explanation to us was that the locker room was getting cr
- Pacers Move On to a Rematch With the Heat May 16, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers signed Coach Terry Stotts to a multiyear contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
- Parker and Spurs Roll Past Trail Blazers May 7, 2014Tony Parker had 33 points and 9 assists as San Antonio had little problem with Portland in the opening game of the Western Conference semifinals.
- San Antonio Advances by Throttling Dallas May 5, 2014Led by Tony Parker’s 32 points, the Spurs ended a physical series with a Game 7 rout and advanced to face the Trail Blazers.
- N.B.A.’s Coveted Trait: Well-Tuned Ears May 4, 2014The search for new, unheralded rap music has become a fast-growing pastime, with players making playlists for their arenas and sharing tracks on Twitter.
- Jack Ramsay, Who Led Blazers to 1977 N.B.A. Title, Dies at 89 April 29, 2014One of pro basketball’s keenest coaching minds, Ramsay, who was known as Dr. Jack, spent more than 60 years in basketball as a player, head coach and broadcast analyst.