Oklahoma City Thunder Links of Interest
Quick searches for Oklahoma City Thunder on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Oklahoma City Thunder News
- WATCH: Jodie Meeks scores 42 in Lakers stunning win over OKC Thunder March 10, 2014Tweet Many casual NBA fans don’t know this, but Los Angeles Lakers guard Jodie Meeks can shoot. Extremely well. And Meeks put his long-range skills on display in a nationally televised game Sunday against the Oklahoma City Thunder, helping the Lakers to come away with a 114-110 win that no one expected. Watch: Meeks converted 11 of his 18 shot attempts — including 6-11 from three-point territory — and was a perfect 14-14 from the free-throw line. He also had a 54-point game while playing at Kentucky, so those who follow him knew what he is capable of when given the opportunity. Los Angeles is lottery bound and Meeks is in the final year of his contract with the Lakers and his 15.3 points per game is third on the team in scoring behind Pau Gasol and Nick Young, so it’s possible that his ability to knock down shots could be an asset for the team as they rebuild over the summer. If not, a 42-point game on a national stage against one of the NBA’s top teams is one hell of a resume builder. -ALR
- WATCH: Serge Ibaka's dunk attempt ends poorly March 10, 2014Video: That was embarrassing!!!
- VIDEO: Jodie Meeks scores career-high 42 points versus Thunder March 10, 2014Jodie Meeks just continues to impress this season. The 26-year-old is averaging 14.8 points and 1.3 steals per game, though nobody was expecting the 42-point outburst the free-agent-to-be had on Sunday against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Meeks went 11-of-18 from the floor, including 6-of-11 from deep, and also ended the game with 4 steals. The former second-round pick got to the line 14 times and converted each attempt. Meeks will be a free agent this summer and will certainly attract a lot of interest after the season is over, especially seeing as he’s shown the ability to score inside this year, something that we didn’t see as much of in his first season with the Lakers. Although he’s expected to receive a number of offers this summer, Meeks said last month that he hopes to re-sign with the Lakers this summer. As always, though, it’ll come down to how much he’s offered elsewhere. The Lakers will likely be interested in re-signing Meeks, though they also need to be able to preserve ...
- Thunder's struggles continue on West Coast road trip March 10, 2014Hard to be hopeful when you lose to the last-place Lakers. Hard to feel good about anything from an Oklahoma City Thunder perspective after giving up 114 to the Lakers and 128 to Phoenix on this two-game road trip. Coach Scott Brooks said his team is in a "Defensive Valley," but that actually sort of sounds peaceful. The Thunder are in a defensive rut, a situation so bad Jodie Meeks scored a career-high 42 on Sunday after allowing a career-high 41 points on Thursday. That's not a valley. That's a hole. A top-five defensive team the past three seasons, Oklahoma City has lost its way and is 3-5 since the All-Star break. But there's more than one way. The Thunder can certainly get out of this situation. They have the players, experience and enough recent success. They also have the knowledge that â€¦ 1. Houston is on deck Yeah, sounds weird, considering the Rockets are 8-2 in their last 10 games, they have won four in a row, have James Harden and Dwight Howard, who is playing his best ba
- WATCH: Russell Westbrook dunks on Kent Bazemore March 9, 2014Russell Westbrook went coast-to-coast for a monster dunk on Kent Bazemore during the Oklahoma City Thunder-Los Angeles Lakers game on Sunday. Westbrook struggled in the contest, but the move shows signs that he’s returning to form after the multiple knee surgeries. The post Video: Russell Westbrook Goes Coast-to-Coast for Mega Dunk appeared first on Basketball Bicker.