Oklahoma City Thunder Links of Interest
Quick searches for Oklahoma City Thunder on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Oklahoma City Thunder News
- Thunder Coach: Russell Westbrook has ‘Small Fracture’ in Hand October 31, 2014The Oklahoma City Thunder lost for the second consecutive time to start the season on Thurday night, but that might not be anywhere near their biggest loss of the young season. All-Star guard Russell Westbrook is apparently going to be joining reigning NBA MVP Kevin Durant on the sideline for a while. Thunder head coach Scott Brooks indicated following the team’s loss to the Los Angeles Clippers that Westbrook suffered a small fracture in his right hand and will be evaluated Friday to provide the team with more information about the extent of the injury (via ESPN). Westbrook exited the game midway through the second quarter. He appeared to injure the hand after hitting teammate Kendrick Perkins in the elbow in an attempt for a rebound. Depending on the severity of the injury, Westbrook could be out of action for an extended time. If so, he will join numerous teammates on the bench. In addition to Durant (who is likely sidelined until December), Reggie Jackson, Anthony Morrow and Jeremy Lamb are also sidel
- Thunder Injury Update: Russell Westbrook Breaks Hand October 31, 2014According to NBA.com, the Oklahoma City Thunder have lost their second superstar to injury for the foreseeable future. All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook broke his hand in a loss against the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday night after a collision with teammate Kendrick Perkins. Westbrook's hand hit the elbow of Perkins, and he will be reevaluated Friday—but things are not looking good for OKC.Russell Westbrook has a fracture in his right hand, according to Thunder coach Scott Brooks: http://t.co/cl59Fb0Q5r pic.twitter.com/TY9N53j2MB— NBA.com (@NBAcom) October 31, 2014This could not be worst timing for the Thunder, as their No. 1 option Kevin Durant is also out for an extended period of time with a leg injury. There is no current timetable for Westbrook to come back for Oklahoma City; he had a soft cast on his hand when he left Staples Center and didn't talk with reporters, according to ESPN.Head coach Scott Brooks is certainly caught between a rock and a hard place as he has now lost a
- Russell Westbrook breaks right hand vs Clippers (Video) October 31, 2014Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook broke his right hand during the second quarter of Thursday night's game in L.A. against the Clippers.Westbrook seemed to injure his hand by banging it backhanded into the back of teammate Kendrick Perkins while going for a rebound on his own missed shot. Westbrook was clearly frustrated as he headed to the locker room, but then got into a verbal confrontation with an apparent heckling fan and had to be restrained by security.After the game, Thunder coach Scott Brooks reported that Westbrook had a "small fracture of the second metacarpal in his right hand".The Thunder lost to the Clippers 93-90 to fall to 0-2 on the season. No word yet as to how long Westbrook will be out.H/T BDL, ESPNLA. This post appeared first on Holdout Sports. Check us out on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
- Video: Russell Westbrook has heated exchange with heckling Clippers fan after injuring hand October 31, 2014The 2014-15 NBA season hasn’t started the way Oklahoma City Thunder fans had hoped it would. Kevin Durant suffered a foot injury earlier in the month and could be out for two months, and Russell Westbrook left Thursday night’s game against the Los Angeles Clippers with a right hand injury. He left the game midway through the second quarter, and headed to the locker room to get his hand checked out. Unfortunately, he ran into one particular fan who [...]
- Russell Westbrook leaves game with injured hand October 31, 2014Oklahoma City guard Russell Westbrook exited Thursday’s game against the Los Angeles Clippers with an injured right hand. Westbrook will be re-evaluated Friday. The All-Star guard appeared to injure his right hand while going up for rebound and hitting Kendrick Perkins’ elbow in the second quarter. The Thunder were already playing without Kevin Durant, Reggie Jackson and Jeremy Lamb Thursday night. Thunder’s Russell Westbrook forced from action with right hand injury http://t.co/rXAfZJITBo pic.twitter.com/GNBibSWvvL — Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) October 31, 2014 The post Russell Westbrook leaves game with injured hand appeared first on SportsGlory.