Oklahoma City Thunder Links of Interest
Quick searches for Oklahoma City Thunder on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Oklahoma City Thunder News
- Mitch McGary on criticism over positive pot test at Michigan: ‘Whatever, so what’ (video) August 29, 2014When Mitch McGary tested positive for marijuana in March while nursing a back injury that prematurely ended his season in December, the then-Michigan Wolverines basketball star read the writing on the wall. Either accept the customary one-year NCAA suspension, meaning he would miss the entire 2014-15 men’s basketball season, or declare for the 2014 NBA […] The post Mitch McGary on criticism over positive pot test at Michigan: ‘Whatever, so what’ (video) appeared first on Sportress of Blogitude.
- Mitch McGary on his pot use in college: 'So what' August 29, 2014A positive marijuana test administered by the NCAA is the reason Mitch McGary is no longer on the Michigan basketball team. What many criticized to be an archaic rule -- a year-long suspension for a single positive test -- basically forced McGary's hand, and he opted in late April to pledge for the NBA. The Oklahoma City Thunder took the Michigan sophomore with the 21st pick in June's NBA Draft. What made the McGary verdict so frustrating to him and plenty of others: He was tested and effectively punished when he wasn't even able to play. The test was given after Michigan's win over Tennessee in the Sweet 16 -- as McGary was still rehabbing from a back injury, an ailment that ended his season last December. As you see in the video above, McGary spoke recently to Vice Sports about the smoking, the supsension and why he's now thankful it led to him where he is now. "I ended up getting injured and then having this little, uh, suspension that forced me to le...
- Oklahoma City Thunder: Goodbye, Hasheem Thabeet August 27, 2014Hasheem Thabeet has been sent to the Philadelhia 76ers for a protected second round draft pick and a $1.25 million trade exception. The Hasheem Thabeet reclamation project has ended for the Oklahoma City Thunder. The former number two overall pick in the 2009 NBA draft was sent to the Philadelphia 76ers along with some cash on Tuesday in exchange for a protected 2015 second round draft pick and a $1.25 million trade exception. The 76ers are expected to waive Thabeet and his unguaranteed contract immediately. Thabeet, a former University of Connecticut standout, failed to live up to the massive expectations that came with his 7’3″ frame prior to the draft. He may be one of the ultimate testaments that you can’t teach size, but you also need to be able to teach skill. A fan favorite, Thabeet was a frequent cheerleader and source of energy on the bench. His problem was that he was rarely able to get off of it. His averages of 1.2 points and 1.7 rebounds per game over his last two seasons with the Thunder a
- Oklahoma City Thunder: Expectations For Jeremy Lamb August 27, 2014One of the biggest reasons the Oklahoma City Thunder’s title aspirations stalled out last season was because Scott Brooks played aging players like Caron Butler and Derek Fisher down the stretch because he did not trust the younger players on the bench. Fisher and Butler did the best they could, but at their age, they […] Oklahoma City Thunder: Expectations For Jeremy Lamb - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Writers discuss Kevin Durant's Under Armour vs. Nike choice August 27, 2014$265 million. $285 million. Two dollar amounts that represent the range that Under Armour is willing to pay as it tries to acquire the 2014 NBA MVP in Kevin Durant as its pitchman. This sponsorship deal could prove to be one of the largest ever signed, and it would give the Maryland-based company an in-state export to lay […] The post Under Armour Vs. Nike: 11 Of Your Favorite Writers Weigh In On Kevin Durant’s Decision appeared first on The Sports Fan Journal.