Oklahoma City Thunder Links of Interest
Quick searches for Oklahoma City Thunder on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Oklahoma City Thunder News
- BREAKING NEWS: Russell Westbrook likes the color red (Photo) April 20, 2014On Saturday, Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook posted an Instagram photo of himself wearing red clothes from head to toe, featuring a red T-shirt, red pants and red sneakers.Not sure what Westbrook is going for here, but the Thunder won their Western Conference playoff series opener against Memphis, so whatever works. H/T LBS. This post appeared first on Holdout Sports. Follow us on Twitter @HoldoutSports.
- Russell Westbrook, Mike Conley wear matching outfits to Game 1 April 20, 2014Well, this is awkward. Russell Westbrook takes his fashion serious. That's been well documented. It appears the Grizzlies' Mike Conley also takes his fashion seriously. The two showed up to the Chesapeake Bay Arena for Game 1 of the Thunder-Grizzlies series Saturday night wearing the same outfit. Both of the players dressed in head-to-toe red, including the sneakers, and it didn't go unnoticed. For some reason, we think Westbrook won't think it's funny being twins with another player. As of the post-game press conference, he had no comment. (H/T NBA Title Chase)
- Kevin Durant throws down fastbreak dunk after Serge Ibaka block April 20, 2014The only NBA team to defend their home court in the first round of today’s playoff games were the Oklahoma City Thunder as they beat the Memphis Grizzlies in game one of their playoff series. Late in the game, Memphis tried to score on a Mike Miller lay-up but sadly, he was denied by a Serge Ibaka block. Watch as Ibaka’s block lands near Kevin Durant who ends up throwing down a nasty one-handed jam: *** Ibaka block leads to Durant dunk [gifdsports] Durant image courtesy of Getty Images
- NBA Rumors: Durant, Westbrook duo could come to an end April 20, 2014Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook have been teammates for 6 years now, but is it time for someone in this dynamic duo to leave the Oklahoma City Thunder in the wind? According to Ric Bucher of Bleacher Report, several GMs are convinced that the city just isn’t big enough for the both of them. But is it?It’s undeniable that Durant and Westbrook have chemistry on the court that many people compare to the legendary Kobe and Shaq. The major difference between the two? Durant and Westbrook have learned how to coexist. The two have helped take their team to 5 playoff appearances in the 6 seasons that they have been there. While they don’t have a Championship under their belt, they seem to be headed in the right direction. By Yzukerman via Wikimedia CommonsDenver Nuggets coach, Brian Shaw, who experienced Kobe and Shaqs' duo first hand, spoke on his opinion of the comparison:"There were times Kobe knew how much work he put in, and he didn't feel Shaq did the same.....
- Some GM’s think Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook to leave Thunder April 19, 2014Neither Kevin Durant nor Russell Westbrook can leave the Oklahoma City Thunder in free agency for the next few seasons, but that doesn’t mean a few NBA general managers aren’t convinced that one of them will be on the move down the road. Citing the difficulty of sharing the spotlight, according to Ric Bucher, a handful of GM’s believe one of the two will eventually depart Oklahoma City for greener pastures. It may be wishful thinking, but several GMs are still convinced Westbrook and Durant will go their separate ways, the challenge of sharing top billing in a market as small as Oklahoma City being too much for them. It’s not outlandish to think such could happen, but there aren’t many better markets (in terms of fan support) than OKC and the Thunder have a good thing going. Add all that up and you have a situation where either player leaving seems like GM’s wanting it to happen rather than it actually going down.