Oklahoma City Thunder Links of Interest
Quick searches for Oklahoma City Thunder on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Oklahoma City Thunder News
- Westbrook mishaps lead to Thunder loss against Pelicans December 22, 2014If there are Russell Westbrook haters still out there among us, this game was for you. By now, such a person likely doesn't exist, but even the Westbrook supporters, and there are plenty of those around would admit Sunday wasn't much of a resume-builder for Westbrook. Playing at an MVP-type level for most of the season, Westbrook made it perfectly clear in about a five-minute span that he needs Kevin Durant and that he doesn't seem to have much trust in the rest of his teammates. For whatever the reason, Westbrook didn't want to pass, but when he didn't pass something worse happened: His shots didn't go in. Westbrook went one-for-eight shooting in the last 4:58, his teammates took just three total shots in that same span and two of those shots were put-backs off of rebounds. None of those went in, either. The result was a 101-99 loss where the Thunder scored just two points in that span. "I'm not going to keep answering questions about me not passing when we lose," Westbrook said. ...
- Thunder star Kevin Durant out vs. Pelicans December 21, 2014OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) Oklahoma City forward Kevin Durant will miss his second straight game because of a sprained right ankle Sunday night when the Thunder face the New Orleans Pelicans. Durant, last season's MVP, sprained the ankle Thursday against the Golden State Warriors when he stepped on Marreese Speights' foot, and he missed the next game Friday against the Los Angeles Lakers. Thunder coach Scott Brooks said Durant is feeling better, but he is day-to-day. Durant missed the first 17 games of the season with a fractured bone in his right foot, and the Thunder went 5-12. Oklahoma City won seven of its first eight after his return. He is averaging 22.4 points, 5.0 rebounds and 3.6 assists.
- VIDEO: Nick Young ejected for shoving Steven Adams December 20, 2014When he’s off the court, Swaggy P is one of the most lighthearted guys you’ll ever come across. However, as soon as he steps on the hardwood, Nick Young gets down to business. As Young pointed out last night, he plays with his “heart on [his] sleeves,” and sometimes that will result in outbursts like the one we saw against the Oklahoma City Thunder. With 11:24 left in the fourth quarter, Young became entangled with Thunder center Steven Adams after the big man set a screen on the L.A native. Adams also appeared to hold onto Young’s left arm. Young retaliated by shoving Adams away with his right forearm. After reviewing the play, the officiating crew ejected Young from the game. The ejection wasn’t all that surprising seeing as any contact near the head area will get a player thrown out these days. After the game, Young called Adams a “sneaky, dirty player,” according to Mark Medina from the L.A. Daily News, though Swaggy also gave the New Zealander some props for getting under his skin. “
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston December 19, 2014This embed is invalid " /> Kendrick Perkins said last month that he believed Rajon Rondo should re-sign with the Boston Celtics. But after Rondo was dealt Thursday to the Dallas Mavericks, Perkins said leaving Boston was his former teammate’s desire all along. “He wanted out, but he would never say that though,” Perkins told Yahoo! Sports on Friday. As Perkins — who was traded from the Celtics to the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2011 — saw it, the relationship between Rondo and the C’s had reached the end of the line. “Going to nice weather, a contender,” Perkins said. “Hopefully, he will do what he got to do in terms of his contract extension. It’s a great opportunity. I’m happy for him. I’m not happy he is in the West, but I’m happy for him. His time was probably up in Boston. He did his due. “He was cool, happy. He was excited. He’s going to a contender. He’s 29 (years old), so rebuilding is out of the question now.” Perkins won’t have to wait lo
- Kendrick Perkins says Rondo wanted out of Boston December 19, 2014“(Rondo) wanted out, but he would never say that though,” - Thunder center Kendrick Perkins said about his ex-Celtics teammate to Yahoo.— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) December 19, 2014Is Perkins assuming his good friend, Rondo wanted out? Or has he and Rondo talked about this in the past?Whatever the case, Perkins has completely switched his stance on this topic. From a Gary Washburn article in the Boston Globe published November 13, 2014:“He should [re-sign],” Perkins said. “I think it’s a great place for him. I think he wants to stay here. You know, we talk on a regular basis and I think he should stay. If I was him, I would stay.”So either Perkins doesn't know his friend very well or he and Rondo discussed this further in the past month or so.But alas, Rondo is off to Dallas so we may never know what his intentions were, had the Celtics held on to him.Follow Cedric on Twitter: @junor39Read more of my work at CelticsLife here