Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- 76ers To Waive Ronny Turiaf December 20, 2014The Philadelphia 76ers will release Ronny Turiaf. Turiaf was acquired by the 76ers in a three-team trade on Friday.
- Understanding the Timberwolves December 20, 2014Here’s an interesting question: Would you rather be in the Twins shoes or the Timberwolves’? On the one hand, the Twins are going to win more games this year and will likely finish near .500, while the Timberwolves will, once again, be one of the bottom of the NBA, and are helping to ensure that by today trading away Corey Brewer. While this ensures a higher pick, it’s also tough to watch. On the other hand, while the Twins will be middling, their future is buried out of view from the fans watching on FSN or from Target Field. The Timberwolves are also depending on a young core, and that core is on display every night. The future is here, at Target Center. Still, this season, despite the players on the roster, the Timberwolves will be bad. Shabazz Muhammad is almost dominant, while Gorgui Dieng is proving reliable in the middle. Rookies Zach Lavine and Andrew Wiggins are earning their playing time and Ricky Rubio is locked up, and will be the leader of this team for the next 4 years, at least. So
- Wolves trade Corey Brewer to the Rockets December 19, 2014A couple teams in the state of Texas are sure looking to shake up the NBA’s Western Conference. A day after the Dallas Mavericks acquired Rajon Rondo, it appears that the division-rival Houston Rockets have picked up a solid piece. According to Yahoo Sports NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski, the Rockets have acquired forward Corey Brewer from the Minnesota Timberwolves in a three-player deal. Brewer, an original lottery pick of the Timberwolves back in 2007, is averaging 10.5 points and nearly four rebounds per outing this season. He also leads the Association with 2.3 steals per game. The veteran will likely play an important reserve role behind Trevor Ariza at the three, but he can also play shooting guard when asked to. Houston used the trade exception it acquired from the Los Angeles Lakers in the Jeremy Lin deal to pick up Brewer’s contract. Heading to Minnesota is veteran guard Troy Daniels, backup forward Ronny Turiaf, a second-round pick in 2015 and a future second-round pick. Turiaf is expe
- Rockets Acquire Corey Brewer December 19, 2014The Houston Rockets have acquired Corey Brewer from the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to Yahoo! Sports. The Rockets will send Troy Daniels, a 2015 second-round pick (Sacramento) and a future second round pick to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Corey Brewer will earn $4.7 million during the 2014/15 season and $4.9 million during... The post Rockets Acquire Corey Brewer appeared first on Hoops-Nation.
- Corey Brewer is headed to H-Town December 19, 2014Corey Brewer is on the move according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski. Minnesota has agreed to trade Corey Brewer to Houston, league source tells Yahoo Sports. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) December 19, 2014 The trade includes several pieces and there could be a third team involved to facilitate the trade. Houston will send Troy Daniels to Minnesota as part of the Brewer deal, sources tell Yahoo Sports. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) December 19, 2014 Minnesota sends Ronny Turiaf to Houston w/ Brewer, but Turiaf could be shuttled to third team, source says. Turiaf is injured, out for year. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) December 19, 2014 And of course, no deal would be complete without a few draft picks thrown in for good measure. Houston will send two future second round picks to Minnesota in the deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) December 19, 2014 The move will surely help the Rockets and give them an athletic ...
- Celtics start post-Rondo era with win over Wolves (The Associated Press) December 20, 2014BOSTON (AP) -- Celtics coach Brad Stevens was curious how his team would play in its first game without Rajon Rondo.
- Kelly Olynyk scores 21, Celtics defeat Timberwolves (Automated Insights) December 20, 2014The Boston Celtics shot 48-85 (56.5%) from the field and dominated the offensive glass, pulling down 12 boards, in a 114-98 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Boston (10-14) has now won three consecutive games.
- Rockets acquire Timberwolves swingman Brewer (The Associated Press) December 20, 2014MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The Houston Rockets made a move to bolster their depth on the perimeter on Friday, obtaining veteran swing man Corey Brewer from the Minnesota Timberwolves in a three-team trade that also included the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Ainge says impending free agency led to Rondo deal (The Associated Press) December 20, 2014BOSTON (AP) -- Rajon Rondo wanted to avoid rush-hour city traffic so he met at the Boston Celtics suburban practice facility with the man who traded him.
- Accolades pour in for Lakers' Bryant (Reuters) December 19, 2014By Mark Lamport-Stokes LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Los Angeles Lakers shooting guard Kobe Bryant has often been a polarizing figure during his illustrious NBA career, criticized by some for being too selfish and not doing enough as a facilitator for his team mates. For his peers, however, Bryant is simply a winner and will do whatever it takes to instill a winning mindset, even though this season has been especially challenging for an injury-hit team decidedly low in overall quality. ...
- Grizzlies Halt Warriors’ 16-Game Winning Streak December 17, 2014Golden State had won 16 games in a row, the longest active streak in the N.B.A., entering the game against Memphis, which has now won five straight.
- Kobe Bryant Passes Michael Jordan and Leads Lakers to Win December 15, 2014Bryant moved into third place on the N.B.A. list for points in a career, finishing with 26 on Sunday to help the Lakers beat the Timberwolves.
- Philadelphia Avoids Tying Record-Worst Start With a Win Over Minnesota December 4, 2014Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins has been released from the hospital after receiving treatment for a viral infection that will keep him sidelined through the weekend.
- Knicks Fall Once More As Defense Is Listless November 20, 2014The night after Carmelo Anthony said his left knee has bothered him since Oct. 30, he contributed 20 points and 4 rebounds, but the Knicks still lost their ninth in 10 games.
- Ricky Rubio of Timberwolves Is Sidelined by Sprained Left Ankle November 9, 2014Rubio, who agreed to a four-year, $55 million extension Oct. 31, was hurt in a game at Orlando on Friday.