Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- Timberwolves Injury Update: Kevin Martin to undergo surgery on wrist, likely out six-weeks November 26, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves head into tonight's game against the Milwaukee Bucks coming off a 113-101 loss to the Sacramento Kings on Saturday. Andrew Wiggins lead the Timberwolves with 29 points in 41 minutes in the losing effort. At 3-9 on the season, the Timberwolves are sitting in fourth place in the Northwest Division. The struggles will likely continue for the Timberwolves, who will be without Kevin Martin for around six weeks due to a fractured wrist.TonyTheTiger via Wikimedia CommonsOur own Tim Hanrahan reported on November 21 that Martin is out indefinitely with a fractured right wrist that occurred during last Wednesday's game against the New York Knicks.Jerry Zgoda, Timberwolves reporter for the Star Tribune, tweeted the following update on Martin's status.Surgery to repair Kevin Martin's wrist with screw chosen in hope of getting him back on court within six weeks— Jerry Zgoda (@JerryZgoda) November 25, 2014Zgoda also noted that Martin was set to have surgery on his wrist yest
- Kevin Martin to miss 6-8 weeks after wrist surgery November 25, 2014MINNEAPOLIS (AP) Minnesota Timberwolves guard Kevin Martin will miss the next six to eight weeks after having surgery on his fractured right wrist. The Timberwolves announced on Tuesday that Martin had surgery to repair the injury, which he suffered in a win over the New York Knicks last week. Martin was injured in the first quarter but finished the game and was able to score 37 points. Martin is averaging 20.4 points per game and is shooting 48 percent on 3-pointers this season and his loss is a big one for the rebuilding Timberwolves. They are also without point guard Ricky Rubio, center Nikola Pekovic and backup big man Ronny Turiaf because of injuries. The Timberwolves did get Thaddeus Young back after missing five games while mourning the death of his mother.
- Kevin Martin has surgery, out 6-8 weeks November 25, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves announced Tuesday that guard Kevin Martin underwent successful surgery to repair a fracture in his right wrist. Martin is expected to be sidelined approximately 6-8 weeks. The surgery was performed by Dr. Thomas Graham at theCleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. Through nine games this season Martin is averaging 20.4 points on 48.3 percent shooting from the floor. The Wolves are playing without starting point guard Ricky Rubio (ankle) and starting center Nikola Pekovic (wrist). The post Kevin Martin has surgery, out 6-8 weeks appeared first on SportsGlory.
- Thad Young returns to Wolves after mom's death November 24, 2014MINNEAPOLIS (AP) Thaddeus Young has returned to the Minnesota Timberwolves following the death of his mother. Young practiced on Monday for the first time since Lulu Hall died of cancer on Nov. 13. Young missed five games while mourning her passing. The Timberwolves went 1-4 in those games and also lost point guard Ricky Rubio, center Nikola Pekovic and shooting guard Kevin Martin to injuries during that stretch. Young says he was able to leave the team in time to get home to see his mother before she passed away. He says dealing with her death has been difficult, but he was glad to be back with his teammates and getting back to a routine again. The Timberwolves will practice again on Tuesday before hosting the Milwaukee Bucks on Wednesday night.
- Heavy-hearted after mother's death, Young returns to Wolves November 24, 2014MINNEAPOLIS -- Thaddeus Young stationed himself next to the hospital bed, his mother's frail hand in his oversized, muscular one. As Lula Hall took her final breaths, her son held on tight. In the 11 days since, the Timberwolves power forward has been able to step away from the deathbed and into the memories. Hall, 57, served as both caretaker and provider in a single-parent home. She whipped Young into shape while showing unfailing support for his basketball career. She flew from her Memphis home to her son's games in Philadelphia before starting chemotherapy that left her unable to travel and weak. Only physically, though, Young said. "My mom is one of the strongest women I knew," said Young, traded from the 76ers to the Timberwolves in the summer. "She did everything. She sacrificed everything. For her to pass, it definitely hurts badly. "She was my motivation. She was my concentration, my focus, everything." After more than a week away from the t...
- Knicks Fall Once More As Defense Is Listless November 20, 2014The night after Carmelo Anthony said his left knee has bothered him since Oct. 30, he contributed 20 points and 4 rebounds, but the Knicks still lost their ninth in 10 games.
- Ricky Rubio of Timberwolves Is Sidelined by Sprained Left Ankle November 9, 2014Rubio, who agreed to a four-year, $55 million extension Oct. 31, was hurt in a game at Orlando on Friday.
- Coach Inspires Timberwolves by Pointing to Nets Veteran November 6, 2014The Timberwolves, who are rebuilding, took their work in progress to Brooklyn, where they faced the former Minnesota star Kevin Garnett.
- State Fair’s Big Attraction: The Newest Timberwolves August 27, 2014Three days after Minnesota dealt Kevin Love to Cleveland, the team introduced the players acquired in the three-team trade at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Cavaliers Complete Deal to Acquire Kevin Love From Timberwolves August 24, 2014LeBron James got a superstar teammate, and Minnesota received Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett.