Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- Report: Cavs Tell Andrew Wiggins He Will Not Be Dealt In Trade For Kevin Love July 11, 2014Andrew Wiggins (right) was selected No. 1 overall by the Cavaliers this past June – Mandatory Credit: Mike Stobe/Getty Images The Cleveland Cavaliers are the team to watch these days in the NBA. Having already regained LeBron James‘ services, Cleveland is trying to bring him a powerful big man, Kevin Love, but won’t trade one of their No. 1 overall picks to get him. According to ESPN’s Chris Broussard, the Cavaliers have reportedly told Andrew Wiggins – this past June’s No. 1 overall selection – that he will not be dealt in an attempt to land Love from Minnesota, and that they’re exploring other ways of acquiring the forward. Broussard tweets that the Timberwolves want Wiggins included, and if Cleveland has any chance of getting Love without dealing Wiggins, they must bring a third team into the mix. Source: Cavs have told Wiggins he’s not being traded. TWolves want Wiggins. Cavs will try 2 do it w/out losing Wiggins. Must find 3rd team — Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 11, ...
- Warriors Still Not Willing To Include Thompson For Love July 11, 2014The Golden State Warriors have no intention on improving their offer for Kevin Love, even with expected interest coming from the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Warriors are withholding Klay Thompson from their trade offer for Love, instead offering David Lee and Harrison Barnes. Steve Kerr likes the Warriors' current roster and wants to see Thompson paired with Stephen Curry moving forward. The Warriors would only want concessions from the Wolves if they were to even consider trading for Thompson.
- NBA Rumors: Cavaliers Offer Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett for Kevin Love July 11, 2014The Cleveland Cavaliers now have LeBron James. They’re not done yet. Originally, the Cavaliers looked to be on the verge of shipping Andre Wiggins to the Minnesota Timberwolves for All-NBA forward Kevin Love. Now, they’ve changed the parameters for the deal to not include Wiggins, according to ESPN’s Marc Stein. Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love is “intrigued” by the idea of being traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers and would commit long term to the team, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com’s Marc Stein. The Cavaliers have opened talks by offering guard Dion Waiters, forward Anthony Bennett and a first-round pick to the Timberwolves in exchange for Love, sources told ESPN The Magazine’s Chris Broussard. This would be a much better deal for both sides. It would give the T’Wolves an immediate contributor with multiple NBA seasons under his belt in Waiters, while also giving them a potential replacement for Love in Bennett. As for the Cavs, they would have a potential Big 4 of L
- Kevin Love says he will commit long term to the Cavaliers now July 11, 2014Kevin Love is now intrigued with the idea of becoming a Cavalier Now, that news has broke with LeBron James coming home, Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love is said to be “intrigued” by the notion of being traded to the Cavaliers. Of course, Kevin Love would still have to get the Timberwolves to sign off on a trade that would allow the rebounding machine to join King James and company. However, the Cavaliers have plenty of prospects and draft picks that could allow for the arrival of the former UCLA product. But the question will be if the Cavaliers can land Love without depleting their deep, yet inexperienced roster. Via ESPN: Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love is “intrigued” by the idea of being traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers and would commit long term to the team, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com’s Marc Stein. The 25-year-old Love, is a three-time All-Star and would instantly improve the changes of the Cavaliers being able to make it through the weak Eastern Confere
- Cavs Offer Waiters, Bennett, 1st Rounder To Wolves For Kevin Love July 11, 2014LeBron James referenced looking forward to playing with Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters and Anderson Varejao in his essay announcing his return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, but there was no mention of Andrew Wiggins or Anthony Bennett. Wiggins has been rumored to be a necessary piece should the Cavaliers trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves with Kevin Love. Chris Broussard of ESPN reports that the Cavaliers have offer Waiters, Bennett and a first round pick to the Wolves for Love.
- Cavs' new coach, fans embrace James' return (The SportsXchange) July 12, 2014New Cavaliers coach David Blatt was just as excited as Cleveland fans to learn Friday that native son LeBron James was coming home to northeast Ohio. Fans flooded the Cavaliers with ticket requests for the 2014-15 season. He learned of James' decision while running a Cavaliers summer league practice in Las Vegas. Blatt spent the past two decades overseas as a coach in Israel.
- Blatt, Cavs overjoyed by LeBron news (The Associated Press) July 12, 2014David Blatt was running a summer league practice with the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday morning, and the sound of someone shrieking suddenly filled the gym. True, but welcome to the eye of the NBA storm, nonetheless. It was the day Andrew Wiggins made his debut in Cleveland's wine-and-gold colors. Oh, and it was the day that he learned that when his first real season running a team in the NBA begins, he'll have LeBron James to lead his club.
- National Basketball Association roundup (Reuters) July 11, 2014(The Sports Xchange) - LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, announcing the move on Friday in a heartfelt letter that set off celebrations in the home state he infuriated in 2010 by fleeing via free agency to the Miami Heat. "My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I do now," said James in an exclusive co-authored essay with Sports Illustrated. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I'm from.
- NBA roundup: LeBron goes back to Cleveland (The SportsXchange) July 11, 2014LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, announcing the move on Friday in a heartfelt letter that set off celebrations in the home state he infuriated in 2010 by fleeing via free agency to the Miami Heat. "My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I'm from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there's no better place to grow up.
- Reaction: James heads back to Cleveland (The SportsXchange) July 11, 2014Virtually everyone reacted Friday to the news that superstar forward LeBron James decided to head back to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Grizzlies Retain Joerger May 28, 2014Grizzlies Coach Dave Joerger has signed a contract extension to remain in Memphis after speaking to the Minnesota Timberwolves about their vacancy.
- Joerger Staying Put as Grizzlies’ Coach May 26, 2014Dave Joerger decided to remain as the coach of the Memphis Grizzlies a day after meeting with the Minnesota Timberwolves about their head coaching vacancy, his agent, Warren LeGarie, said.
- Dante Cunningham Back With Timberwolves April 6, 2014Minnesota Timberwolves forward Dante Cunningham has rejoined the team, two days after he was arrested and later charged with felony domestic assault.
- Billionaire Sports Owner Plans to Buy Minneapolis Newspaper April 2, 2014Glen Taylor, owner of the Minnesota Timberwolves basketball team, has signed a letter of intent to buy The Minneapolis Star Tribune, the newspaper announced on Tuesday.
- With Eye on Playoffs, Nets Extend Home Streak March 31, 2014The Nets improved their home winning streak to 13 games, matching a franchise high, after grinding out a 114-99 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.