Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- Flip Saunders on coaching Timberwolves: 'I don’t really see that scenario’ April 23, 2014With Rick Adelman announcing his retirement this week, Minnesota Timberwolves president of basketball operations Flip Saunders will have his first opportunity to hire his own coach. Might he hire himself? Saunders, who was rumored to be a finalist for the head coach job with the Minnesota Golden Gophers, where he once played, before taking the […] The post Wolves president Flip Saunders on coaching team: ‘I don’t really see that scenario’ appeared first on Sportress of Blogitude.
- Analyzing resumes of pro, college coaches for Wolves job April 22, 2014MINNEAPOLIS -- Experience versus exuberance. Proven reliability against upside. As the Timberwolves front office parses through potential replacements for retiring coach Rick Adelman, its members must decide how much importance to place on NBA head-man pedigree. One pool of candidates boasts plenty, while the other has none. Along with offensive aptitude, star Kevin Love's appeasement and the ability to manage both egos and varying personalities, it'll be a key factor for president of basketball operations Flip Saunders and owner Glen Taylor to consider in the coming weeks. Saunders wants someone who has "more of a track record," he said, but that doesn't mean said hire has to come from the NBA ranks. "If you want to apply for the job," Saunders said, "we'll take your application, too." Starting with Saunders himself, the first group features decades of past top-of-the-profession exploits. The second-year basketball personnel and ops czar coached here from 1995-20
- Phoenix Suns legend Dan Majerle would love to see Kevin Love in a Suns uniform April 22, 2014Imagine Kevin Love in Suns orange (photo by bleacherreport.com) Former Suns player/assistant coach Dan Majerle was a guest on Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Monday; Where he would reminisce about his days as a player, and how he felt that they were just one piece short of being great, until the trade for Charles Barkley. “Like when we traded for Charles (Barkley) in 1992, we needed that one piece, Majerle said “We’d win 50 games every year, and we’d get in the playoffs, but we just couldn’t get over that hump. We needed that one guy to get over that hump.” Those were the days the Suns were able to make the playoffs with ease, but were never considered amongst the NBA‘s elite. That changed when the afar-mentioned Barkley trade paid it’s dividends, and Sir Charles and the Suns won a league-best 62 games. They would coincidentally get over that hump and move on to the NBA Finals, Marking only their second trip in franchise history. That same year would surpass another miles
- Report: Lakers Want To Draft Joel Embiid Or Trade Pick For Kevin Love April 22, 2014Kevin Love will hit free agency a year early in 2015, barring a massive change in circumstances. But the All-Star power forward could change addresses even before then. Acquiring Love, who was born in California and went to college at UCLA, has long been rumored to be the Los Angeles Lakers’ top priority this offseason. In what Mark Heisler of Forbes terms a “dream scenario,” the Lakers would trade their first-round pick in the 2014 NBA draft to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Love. “The dream scenarios are hitting the lottery for a healthy Joel Embiid or trading their No. 1 pick to Minnesota for Kevin Love,” Heisler writes. “The Lakers will certainly make the offer; the Timberwolves might even go for it if Love, who’s widely suspected of wanting to join the (Lakers), tells the Wolves that he’ll walk … in 2015, otherwise.” The Wolves are in this predicament because they refused to offer Love a maximum five-year deal in 2012. Instead, they offering the budding star a four-...
- Timberwolves interested in Stan Van Gundy April 22, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves will be looking for a new head coach this offseason after Rick Adelman announced his retirement earlier today. According to reports coming out of Minnesota, the Wolves have their sights set on former Orlando Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy as a potential replacement. This is certainly an intriguing rumor that is flying around, and if it did happen would likely end up being a good move for the team. Rick Adelman retiring, and Timberwolves reportedly have eyes for Stan Van Gundy. Suns assistant Jerry Sichting another name to really watch. — Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) April 21, 2014 Van Gundy would be a perfect pickup for the current makeup of the Timberwolves’ team,
- Flip Saunders on coaching the Timberwolves himself: ‘You never know’ (NBC Sports) April 23, 2014Timberwolves president coached Minnesota, Detroit and Washington before taking current job
- Saunders begins search for Timberwolves coach (The Associated Press) April 22, 2014Flip Saunders is a former coach himself, so he knows how coveted a head coaching job in the NBA can be. The Timberwolves' president of basketball operations may also soon find out how difficult filling an opening can be as well. Saunders started the search for a new coach in earnest on Tuesday, one day after Rick Adelman announced his retirement. It's a move that has been expected for some time, and Saunders has no doubt been kicking around possibilities.
- Nick Young scores 41 as Lakers beat Jazz (Automated Insights) April 22, 2014Nick Young came off the bench and put up 41 points to help the Los Angeles Lakers defeat the Utah Jazz, 119-104. The Lakers had an impressive game shooting the ball from the field in this one, going 45-82 (54.9%). Los Angeles (26-55) has won just two of its last 10 games.
- Stephen Curry's 32 sparks Warriors over Timberwolves (Automated Insights) April 22, 2014Stephen Curry finished with 32 points and recorded 15 assists, while David Lee added 25 points and nine rebounds to lead the Golden State Warriors to a victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves, 130-120. The Warriors shot 49-101 (48.5%) from the field and dominated the offensive glass, pulling down 19 boards. Golden State (50-31) picked up the win after falling to Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday.
- Trey Burke scores 32 as Jazz sneak by Timberwolves (Automated Insights) April 22, 2014Trey Burke scored 32 points and added nine assists to help the Utah Jazz steal one from the Minnesota Timberwolves, 136-130. The Jazz shot 53-108 (49.1%) from the field and controlled the offensive glass with 22 rebounds. Utah (25-57) has won just two of its last 10 games.
- Dante Cunningham Back With Timberwolves April 6, 2014Minnesota Timberwolves forward Dante Cunningham has rejoined the team, two days after he was arrested and later charged with felony domestic assault.
- Billionaire Sports Owner Plans to Buy Minneapolis Newspaper April 2, 2014Glen Taylor, owner of the Minnesota Timberwolves basketball team, has signed a letter of intent to buy The Minneapolis Star Tribune, the newspaper announced on Tuesday.
- With Eye on Playoffs, Nets Extend Home Streak March 31, 2014The Nets improved their home winning streak to 13 games, matching a franchise high, after grinding out a 114-99 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Suns Mount Comeback to Overcome Love’s 36 March 24, 2014Phoenix trailed by 22 in the first half but shot a season-high 57 percent from the floor to overcome Kevin Love’s 36 points and 14 rebounds.
- Allen Lifts Slumping Heat March 17, 2014Ray Allen scored 14 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter and had a milestone day in the victory as he passed Allen Iverson on the N.B.A.’s scoring list.