Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- Sources: Timberwolves Targeting Oladipo, Want To Move Up In Draft May 24, 2013The Minnesota Timberwolves are targeting Victor Oladipo in the NBA draft, according to league sources. The Timberwolves currently have the ninth overall pick and would have to move up to get Oladipo. Flip Saunders is likely to engage the Charlotte Bobcats, holders of the No. 4 pick, in trade talks.
- Timberwolves focusing on 3-point shooters in draft May 22, 2013MINNEAPOLIS -- And then there were eight. Eight teams that will pick in the 2013 NBA Draft before the Minnesota Timberwolves in a year where the incoming college talent is either spread out or sparse, depending on who you ask. Following a Draft Lottery bereft of any surprises, president of basketball operations Flip Saunders and the rest of the front office can tailor their evaluations to a now locked-in first-round spot, the No. 9 overall pick, and subsequent selections. This year's class isn't perceived to contain the depth of those past, where names like Joakim Noah, Amare Stoudemire, Dirk Nowitizki and Tracy McGrady were available eight picks in. Immediate help via the draft will likely come to the Twin Cities in niche form. But that's just fine, Saunders said, because the Timberwolves' needs are many. "I think it's the opposite of thin," Saunders said of the talent pool he and his staff are about to delve into. "I think it's balanced. No, you don't have an Alonz
- Kevin Love’s relationship with new GM Flip Saunders off to good start May 22, 2013Tweet The Minnesota Timberwolves had a rough 2012-2013 NBA season, largely because of two broken hands that kept All-Star forward Kevin Love out of action for most of the year. Love’s future with the team was also shrouded in doubt as his relationship with former GM David Kahn was strained, to say the least. With [...]
- Love brings Rubio for luck; Wish granted (PHOTO) May 22, 2013(Photo from Duluth News Tribune) The Minnesota Timberwolves need a lot of luck. They ended the season with their best player, Kevin Love, getting injured. Now they asked him to represent in the Draft Lottery, and Love brought a Rubio action figure for good luck (reasons unknown). Rubio’s jersey number is 9, and they get–the 9th overall pick.
- Adelman, Love tandem could be the next Saunders, Garnett May 17, 2013MINNEAPOLIS -- It's one of the darkest yet brightest junctures in the largely painful Minnesota Timberwolves' existence. Repeated failures have wrought changes at the top of the organization. A success-starved city's cynicism is spiking. Poor luck piles on top of a growing heap of shortcomings. Yet hope endures, primarily in the form of a big-time talent at the forward position and a man named Flip taking command. It's not May 17, 2013. It's December 18, 1995. Flip Saunders just assumed the coaching reins from Bill Blair, who directed a job-costing 6-14 start. Kevin Garnett's a rookie on the verge of becoming a perennial all-star. What comes next is the golden age, so far, of professional basketball in the Twin Cities. Eight straight playoff appearances -- the only ones in franchise history -- culminate in a Western Conference finals berth in 2004. Garnett, who's yet to be matched as the organization's all-time defining athlete, wins league MVP honors that year. With owner Glen
- Boston Celtics Must Waive Jason Terry This Offseason (Yahoo! Contributor Network) May 23, 2013COMMENTARY | The Boston Celtics have a lot of needs this offseason, yet they fall under a precarious salary cap situation which could allow very little activity in free agency. Regardless of whether Paul Pierce gets amnestied, or Kevin Garnett retires, or Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee get dealt in sign-and-trades, a great deal of work needs to be done.
- NBA draft order set, so who goes No. 1? (The Associated Press) May 22, 2013The Cleveland Cavaliers are on top of the NBA draft yet again, only this time there is no LeBron James waiting to save them. There may not even be a Kyrie Irving.
- NBA Mock Draft: Version 3 (Rotoworld) May 22, 2013Version 3 of our NBA Mock Draft is here. The Cavaliers snuck into the No. 1 spot, the Magic get No. 2 and the Wizards moved up to No. 3.
- Brandon Roy is likely gone for good, so let’s remember his best times (Video) (Ball Don't Lie) May 10, 2013Sometimes a player exits the NBA on terms that in no way reflect his talent. As reported by Yahoo!'s own Adrian Wojnarowski on Friday, the Minnesota Timberwolves are formalizing the release of shooting guard Brandon Roy , effectively ending his career. After signing with Minnesota in the summer of 2012 , Roy showed little ability to play with his seriously damaged knees and managed just five games for 122 total minutes. It stands to reason that Roy will decide not to pursue another contract, and even if he did it's hard to know if any team would be interested in his services. This is a sad moment for many reasons. Roy established himself as a star with the Portland Trail Blazers pretty much immediately upon his arrival in 2006, serving as the most dependable member of what many thought would be a championship-winning core of him, Greg Oden, and LaMarcus Aldridge. Oden's injury history is well-trod ground, but it's important to remember that Roy really was the player he was supposed to be — or better, even — for most of his first four seasons. He made three All-Star teams, won the Rookie of the Year award in 2006-07, and made two All-NBA Teams (second team in 2009, third team in 2010). Focusing heavily on his "what if?" scenario neglects what was. Basketball fans didn't get all they wanted from Roy, but he accomplished a great deal before his knees broke down completely. We'll always be able to look back on the highlight mix at the top of this post, his last-gasp dominance of the eventual champion Dallas Mavericks for one game of the 2011 playoffs, or more personal memories of special plays. Roy's career is only a depressing tale if we choose to ignore what made his relatively brief time as a star so special in the first place.
- NBA-National Basketball Association roundup (Reuters) May 10, 2013May 10 (The Sports Xchange) - Chris Hansen raised his bid in his effort to bring the Sacramento Kings to Seattle, KING 5 television in Seattle reported. Hansen, the lead investor for the Seattle group, told the NBA Friday he will raise his bid on the Kings franchise to $625 million, an increase of $75 million on his previous bid, according to the report. Whether this new bid has any effect is debatable, because the NBA's relocation committee already voted to deny the move of the franchise. A final vote by the owners on the issue is scheduled for May 15. ...
- Minnesota Waives Roy May 11, 2013The Minnesota Timberwolves waived guard Brandon Roy, probably bringing an end to an All-Star career that was shortened by knee problems.
- Pacers Take Series From Hawks May 4, 2013Indiana withstood a fourth-quarter comeback by Atlanta, and will now face the Knicks in the next round.
- Celtics Roll and Secure No. 7 Seed April 14, 2013With Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett back in the lineup, Boston made easy work of Orlando. After losing Saturday, the Bucks will be seeded eighth and will face the Heat in the first round.
- Celtics Hang On to Beat Pistons and Clinch Playoff Berth April 4, 2013Jeff Green scored 34 points, including a 3-pointer with 45 seconds left, and the Celtics clinched a playoff berth by beating Detroit.
- Another First for the Nets: A Record for Road Wins April 4, 2013There have been plenty of novelties for the Nets during their rookie season in Brooklyn after so many years in New Jersey. On Wednesday night, they got another milestone. Deron Williams dunked.