Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- Desperation starting to seep into Wolves locker room amid key losses March 10, 2014MINNEAPOLIS -- That sinking sensation is starting to tickle the Timberwolves franchise again. It's not the aura of despair that's surrounded this organization for the better part of the past decade. It's a little too soon for that, what with 20 games remaining and Minnesota trailing Western Conference eighth-place Memphis by five games. There's technically time to make up that chasm. But talk has turned from optimism to realism this week in the wake of two costly home losses. Coach Rick Adelman's tired-but-true message of taking one game at a time hasn't changed. But his sense of what results might be derived has. "Your season's on the line and we want to finish the season off on a positive note whether we get a chance to be in the playoffs or not," Adelman said after practice Monday. "I think that's what these guys need to understand. You know, we're still trying to get better as a team." Not exactly a "we're still in this," rah-rah though
- Wolves Monday: Slumping Barea asked to tone down emotions March 10, 2014MINNEAPOLIS -- When Ricky Rubio picked up his fourth foul early in the third quarter of Sunday night's Timberwolves loss to Toronto, J.J. Barea galloped to the scorer's table with noticeable zeal. Here was his chance. Extended minutes, no need to wonder when coach Rick Adelman would remove him from the lineup, if at all. If ever there was an opportunity for Barea to terminate a personal skid dating back to the beginning of Minnesota's long road trip, this was it. Eight minutes and 34 seconds of game clock later, the Puerto Rican point guard sauntered back to his seat near the corner of the Target Center floor with four fouls of his own and a trademarked scowl to match. Four fouls. Two missed layups. Back-to-back errant 3s. And although Barea was in the lineup when the Timberwolves tied things up at 64, he came off after helping yield a 16-8 run. Minnesota never tied or led again. At a time when the Timberwolves are in dire need of bench production, their second unit's leader admittedly isn'
- Kevin Love to join Carmelo Anthony in New York in 2015? March 10, 2014Kevin Love to join Carmelo Anthony in New York in 2015? New York Knicks fans can now have at least something to hope for. At least that’s what the latest reports state. According to some sources around the league, there is a possibility of Kevin Love joining Carmelo Anthony in New York in the summer of 2015, when Love will have the chance to become an unrestricted free-agent. This looks like a great scenario for the Knicks, since by then, the team will be to rebuild, get rid of all its burdening pieces, like Amar’e Stoudemire and get ready for a fresh, powerful start.Of course, Carmelo Anthony is currently drawing much interest from a bunch of teams around the league, some of them desperately need a superstar of his caliber. The Los Angeles Lakers were the first ones who were rumored to be in pursuit of Melo. In fact, the Lakers were rumored to be after another superstar, too, apart from Anthony thus building a dynasty once again. However, this scenario slowly faded, since it’s now believed that Carm
- Kyle Lowry Triple-Double Leads Raptors Past Timberwolves 111-104 March 10, 2014The Toronto Raptors swept the season series from the Minnesota Timberwolves for the eighth time in 10 seasons as point guard Kyle Lowry refused to let his team lose on the boards or on the score sheet. Lowry accumulated a 20 point 12 rebound 11 assist triple-double in the 111-104 victory. “Kyle’s triple-double was huge for us tonight,” said Head Coach Dwane Casey. “We needed all of his assists, we needed all of his buckets and we needed all of his rebounds. It was a great effort on his part.”
- Timberwolves put up a fight, but fall short of the win March 10, 2014MINNEAPOLIS -- Ricky Rubio's bearded-yet-boyish face furrowed with loosed adrenaline, a primal scream emanating from the bottom of his throat. The Timberwolves point guard, 6-4 and 185 pounds, had wrested the ball away from Toronto's Chuck Hayes -- who's 6-6, 250 -- enough to force a jump ball. Rubio won the ensuing tip by the length of a fingernail, only to miss a layup at the other end that would've brought Minnesota within a long-range basket of tying. On the Raptors' next possession, one of Steve Novak's five 3-pointers gave them a 93-85 advantage with 7 minutes, 28 seconds remaining. Corey Brewer let out a similar symphony of emotion after catching a floor-length pass and dishing to Dante Cunningham for a one-handed floater that capped a 17-2 Timberwolves run and gave them a 50-48 lead late in the second quarter. "Let's go," Brewer screamed repeatedly. Toronto scored five of the game's next seven points, three on Novak's second triple. Minnesota would never l
- Bucks start hot, but Wolves rally for win (The SportsXchange) March 12, 2014MINNEAPOLIS -- Before Tuesday, the Minnesota Timberwolves won only once this season when they trailed by double digits in a game. They did it a second time, coming back from 11 points behind in the first quarter to beat the Milwaukee Bucks 112-101 at Target Center. "Hopefully we don't have to do it a third time," Wolves shooting guard Kevin Martin said, "because it doesn't work out a lot in your favor in the NBA." The Wolves (32-31) recovered and overcame an opponent that arrived at Target Center with the NBA's worst record.
- Timberwolves outlast Bucks for 112-101 victory (The Associated Press) March 12, 2014The shots were clanking and the frustration was mounting for J.J. Barea during a three-game shooting slump that was getting him booed off his home court with regularity. With the lowly Milwaukee Bucks hitting everything in sight, Minnesota coach Rick Adelman gave Barea some time with the Ricky Rubio in the same backcourt, and the throwback lineup helped jumpstart Barea and the Minnesota Timberwolves. Kevin Love had 27 points, 10 rebounds and six assists and Barea scored 19 points to lift the Timberwolves to a 112-101 victory over the Bucks on Tuesday night. After going 5 for his previous 25, Barea hit seven of 10 shots to help wake up the sluggish Wolves and Kevin Martin scored 26 points to help them finish a four-game homestand at 2-2.
- Love and Martin combine for 53, Timberwolves beat Bucks (Automated Insights) March 12, 2014In a tremendous all-around performance, Kevin Love scored 27 points and recorded 10 rebounds and 6 assists to help the Minnesota Timberwolves defeat the Milwaukee Bucks, 112-101. The Timberwolves shot 41-85 (48.2%) from the field and turned it over on only seven possessions. This is the seventh win for Minnesota (32-31) in its last 10 games.
- Timberwolves 112, Bucks 101 (The SportsXchange) March 12, 2014MINNEAPOLIS -- Until Tuesday night, the Minnesota Timberwolves only had won once this season when they trailed by double digits.
- Dose: Griffin, Clips Rolling (Rotoworld) March 11, 2014Dr. A reviews a seven-game Monday night, where Blake Griffin and the Clips rolled, and Khris Middleton came through again.
- Knicks End Skid, but It’s Still a Struggle March 6, 2014The Knicks nearly blew a double-digit lead in the second half before holding off Minnesota and ending a torturous seven-game losing streak.
- Kevin Love Continues to Put Up Big Numbers March 6, 2014Love, a three-time All-Star who figures to be a coveted free agent in 2015 or 2016, improved his standing with a spectacular February for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Love Fine With Timberwolves but Hungry to Win February 17, 2014The All-Star power forward Kevin Love said he remained committed to the perennially struggling franchise, but he could become a free agent in 2015.
- Randolph Lifts Grizzlies to 5th Straight February 1, 2014Zach Randolph had 26 points and 12 rebounds, and the visiting Memphis Grizzlies overcame a strong effort by Kevin Love to beat the Minnesota Timberwolves, 94-90.
- Spurs Take 4th Straight January 13, 2014Kawhi Leonard scored 13 of his 17 points in the second half, and the host San Antonio Spurs defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves, 104-86, for their fourth straight win.