Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- LaVine delivers more than dunks in Vegas July 23, 2014Zach LaVine jumps really high and talks really fast. He exudes a brash confidence like Russell Westbrook and plays with a chip on his shoulder the size of Bill Walton. This latest UCLA product is headed either for a stunning rookie season with the Minnesota Timberwolves or cold, hard NBA reality. “I’m a very confident person, I always hold myself to high standards,” LaVine said Friday after scoring 22 points with four assists in the Wolves’ sixth and final Summer League game. “You know, there’s a lot of doubters on me. I feel always like changing peoples’ minds, you know, ‘He’s not NBA-ready, why’d he come out?’ and different things like that. So I just come out here and always try to prove my point. I think I fared well for myself.” There was little not to like about the 6-foot-5, 19-year-old’s debut in the Las Vegas Summer League. Everybody was aware of his athleticism coming in, but many were skeptical about his decision-making and the durability of his 180-pound frame.. “I
- Report: Bulls Offer Gibson, Mirotic & McDermott For Kevin Love July 23, 2014The Bulls have joined the Cavaliers in a push for Kevin Love and have reportedly offered the Timberwoles a package of Taj Giibson, Nikola Mirotic and No. 11 pick Doug McDermott for Love. According to Chris Sheridan of Sheridan Hoops: The Chicago Bulls have offered a package of Taj Gibson and rookies Doug McDermott and Nikola Mirotic to the Minnesota Timberwolves for All-Star forward Kevin Love, a league source told SheridanHoops.com on Wednesday. …The source who spoke to SheridanHoops said he believed the Bulls’ offer was better in the minds of the Wolves than the Cavs’ current offer of Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a first-round pick. NBA source w/ a big stake in the #Twolves/Cavs talks verifies @sheridanhoops report: Gibson, Mirotic, McDermott on the table for Love. — Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) July 23, 2014 The post Report: Bulls Offer Gibson, Mirotic & McDermott For Kevin Love appeared first on Beyond The Buzzer.
- Sixers could help facilitate a Kevin Love to Cleveland deal July 23, 2014The Cleveland Cavaliers’ goal of adding Kevin Love to the LeBron James/Kyrie Irving equation in C-Town has taken so many twists that most fans viewing from the seat of their pants are probably ready for this entire saga to just end, regardless of what the outcome is. I, for one, am enjoying every second, as the struggle continues to be real for both the Cavs and the Minnesota Timberwolves. First, it seemed as if the Cavs had only one real foe in acquiring Kevin Love. That being the Golden State Warriors, who were on-again, off-again with the idea of parting ways with shooting-guard, Klay Thompson, as a means to an end in landing Love in the Bay Area. Just about the time those rumors have seemed to die down a bit, the Chicago Bulls stepped in to cause the Cavs a little turmoil, as they shouted their interest in adding love from the top of the Willis Tower. Now, it seems as if the Philadelphia 76ers have some interest in possibly tossing their hat in the ring and becoming the third team in a potential deal be
- Kevin Love Rumors: Are the Denver Nuggets the darkhorse in the Kevin Love race? July 23, 2014The Denver Nuggets were among the teams interested in trading for All-Star power forward, Kevin Love, but had their offer rebuffed by the Timberwolves last month. Now Denver seems to be sneaking their way back into the race, according to a report by Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski. The Denver Nuggets have remained a strong contender for Love, offering a package that sources said has been the most appealing to Minnesota outside of the Cavaliers and a possible Golden State deal including Klay Thompson. So far, the Warriors have kept Thompson out of their offer to Minnesota.As previously reported, the Chicago Bulls have renewed their interest in Kevin Love. Now the Nuggets seem to be making their way back onto the scene. Denver had offered Minnesota Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Faried and the 11th pick in the NBA draft, according to Chris Broussard. After apparently having that offer rebuffed by the Minnesota Timberwolves, little to no news have come out about Denver being intere...
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland making moves to clear space for Kevin Love July 22, 2014The trade talks surrounding Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love continue to heat up. Earlier today, the Chicago Bulls made it clear that they are still interested in making a play for Love. Now it appears Cleveland is taking more steps to improve their offer for the three-time All Star.Photo by Tim Shelby via Wikimedia CommonsAdrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Cavaliers and the Utah Jazz will complete a trade involving multiple players with non-guaranteed contracts in order to give Cleveland more flexibility in their trade talks with Minnesota.Utah's trading John Lucas, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy to Cleveland for Carrick Felix, future 2nd and $1M, sources tell Yahoo.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 22, 2014With the biggest names in the 2014 free agency period off the market, waiting to see where Kevin Love will play next season is the new pastime around the league. With Chicago's renewed interest today, Cleveland may be feeling the ...
- Timberwolves re-sign F Hummel (The SportsXchange) July 23, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves re-signed forward Robbie Hummel, the team announced Wednesday.
- Bulls include McDermott in Love offer; third team involved? (The SportsXchange) July 23, 2014First-round pick Doug McDermott and two previous first-rounders -- Taj Gibson and Nikola Mirotic -- are part of the Chicago Bulls' trade offer to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love according to NBA reporter Chris Sheridan. "The hang-up is Mirotic and McDermott signed their contracts (Tuesday)," Sheridan told 87.7 FM The Game in Chicago. If Minnesota likes the offer way, way better than the Cleveland offer, they can wait."
- Cavaliers gain salary room for possible Love deal (AFP) July 23, 2014A salary-dumping deal by the Cleveland Cavaliers could help the new NBA team of superstar LeBron James swing a deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves for star center Kevin Love. The Cavaliers obtained guard John Lucas III and forwards Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy from Utah for second-year guard Carrick Felix, a second-round pick in next year's NBA Draft and $1 million.
- AP source: Cavs to sign Andrew Wiggins to contract (The Associated Press) July 23, 2014Andrew Wiggins will sign his rookie contract with the Cavaliers. A person familiar with the negotiations says the Cavs will sign the No. 1 overall pick to his deal, an agreement that would prevent any potential trade involving the small forward from being completed for 30 days. The Minnesota Timberwolves and Cavaliers have been discussing a potential deal that would send All-Star forward Kevin Love to the Cavaliers for Wigging, Anthony Bennett and other pieces. The person familiar with the talks says Wiggins will sign with Cleveland as early as Wednesday.
- Cavs acquire three reserves from Jazz (The SportsXchange) July 23, 2014The Cleveland Cavaliers, reportedly in the market for Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love, made a trade Tuesday that gives them increased financial flexibility.
- Dust Still Settling in Aftermath of Move by LeBron James July 19, 2014James’s decision to return to Cleveland set in motion a series of free-agency-related developments that has left few teams unaffected.
- Grizzlies Retain Joerger May 28, 2014Grizzlies Coach Dave Joerger has signed a contract extension to remain in Memphis after speaking to the Minnesota Timberwolves about their vacancy.
- Joerger Staying Put as Grizzlies’ Coach May 26, 2014Dave Joerger decided to remain as the coach of the Memphis Grizzlies a day after meeting with the Minnesota Timberwolves about their head coaching vacancy, his agent, Warren LeGarie, said.
- Dante Cunningham Back With Timberwolves April 6, 2014Minnesota Timberwolves forward Dante Cunningham has rejoined the team, two days after he was arrested and later charged with felony domestic assault.
- Billionaire Sports Owner Plans to Buy Minneapolis Newspaper April 2, 2014Glen Taylor, owner of the Minnesota Timberwolves basketball team, has signed a letter of intent to buy The Minneapolis Star Tribune, the newspaper announced on Tuesday.