Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- Gorgui Dieng a work in progress, but already strong defender December 19, 2013MINNEAPOLIS -- Gorgui Dieng was the last Timberwolvesplayer to exit the team's pregame shootaround Wednesday.Before leaving the Target Center floor, the rookie centerengaged in a lengthy discussion surrounded by general manager Milt Newton andassistant coaches Terry Porter, T.R. Dunn, David Adelman and Jack Sikma. Theiremphasis during the type of conversation that's become commonplace in Dieng'syoung, as-yet undefined career: be hungry, but stay patient."That's one thing they all say the same -- just bepatient, and your time will come," Dieng said. "(Starting centerNikola Pekovic) always telling me he didn't play his first year, his secondyear he barely played. I'm just gonna be patient. I've got a lot of good bigsin front of me."Wait, watch and learn quickly became the mantra for the No.21 pick in the 2013 NBA Draft. Even after second-string big man Ronny Turiafwent down with an elbow fracture in the second game of the season, opening thedoor for Dieng to recei
- Ricky Rubio delivers amazing pass between Nicolas Batum's legs December 19, 2013Ricky Rubio has never been one to shy away from highlight reel passes, and Nicolas Batum became his latest victim last night. During the first quarter of the Wolves’ win over Portland, Rubio came up with a steal and delivered a magical pass through the legs of Batum to feed his streaking teammate, Kevin Martin, who finished with a fast break dunk. The post Ricky Rubio probably impregnated a few Wolves fans with this magical pass appeared first on The Nosebleeds.
- Timberwolves' Chase Budinger cleared to return December 19, 2013The Minnesota Timberwolves lost to the Boston Celtics on Monday by the score of 101-97 to drop to 13-13 on the season, 4th in the Northwest Division. The team got a little good news on Chase Budinger, who hasn't played all season and only played 23 games last season due to a knee injury.As reported at the official Timberwolves PR Twitter feed,Chase Budinger cleared to return to full-contact practice. Still no timetable for his return, but obvious step in right direction. #Twolves— Timberwolves PR (@Twolves_PR) December 18, 2013Buddinger is currently listed 4th on the depth chart at small forward, behind Corey Brewer, Robbie Hummel and Shabazz Muhammad. Brewer is averaging 12.7 points in 33 minutes per game. Hummel is coming off the bench and averaging only 3.5 points on only 38.8 percent shooting, in 12 minutes per game. Muhammad, a 1st round pick this season by the Jazz out of UCLA, has played only 33 minutes this season and scored 8 points.Budinger, in his 5th season out of Arizona, will most
- Ricky Rubio’s Beautiful Assist to Kevin Love (Video) December 19, 2013Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio is not a very good shooter so he spends the majority of his time passing on the court. And every now and then, he’ll drop a dime noteworthy of some mention. Such is the case this time. Watch below as Ricky Rubio drops a beautiful dime to Kevin Love […]
- Ricky Rubio Shows Once Again Why He Was Worth the Wait December 19, 2013When the Minnesota Timberwolves drafted Ricky Rubio in 2009 the team knew they might have to wait a little on the Spanish star--but a couple of years? He didn't end up playing for the T-Wolves until the 2011-12 season. Talk about a long wait, right?While it took awhile once he got on the roster it became pretty clear he was worth the wait. Moves like the one he pulled on Nicholas Batum here are a pretty good indicator of that fact!@SBNationGIF/Twitter Loading...
- Timberwolves-Lakers Preview (The Associated Press) December 20, 2013- Kobe Bryant is expected to miss about six weeks with an injured left knee, dealing the second major injury setback of the year to the Los Angeles Lakers' superstar guard. Bryant made his season debut with the Lakers (12-13) on Dec. 8 after nearly eight months away while recovering from a torn Achilles tendon. After playing six games in 10 days, the fourth-leading scorer in NBA history is out again until February or longer - and the Lakers' already miserable run of injuries got even uglier as they prepare to host Minnesota (13-13) on Friday night. ''You hate it for Kobe,'' Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni told reporters after practice Thursday.
- Bryant has broken bone in knee - Lakers (AFP) December 19, 2013Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant has a broken bone in his left knee and is expected to miss six weeks, the NBA team said Thursday. "You hate it for Kobe," Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said in remarks posted on the team's Twitter feed. Bryant missed the first 19 games of the season as he continued to recover from surgery to repair a torn left Achilles tendon suffered in April. The Lakers, who host the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday, were already battling a bevy of injuries.
- Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant has fracture in knee, expected to miss six weeks (Yahoo Sports) December 19, 2013The Lakers announced that Kobe Bryant fractured the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee.
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Nikola Pekovic Needs to Play Better Around Basket After Signing $60 Million Contract (Yahoo Contributor Network) December 19, 2013COMMENTARY | When Nikola Pekovic signed his five-year, $60 million contract in the offseason, the primary concern was whether or not the 27-year-old Montenegrin would remain healthy throughout the length of the deal. The Minnesota Timberwolves originally wanted to sign him to a four-year deal for less money, but there were many experts that felt Pekovic, who missed EuroBasket to settle his contract with the Wolves, was worth his price tag and that the team would not regret giving him another year and additional cash. "[It's] unlikely Minnesota will be complaining about the extra money," wrote Ben Golliver of Sports Illustrated, who gave the signing a B grade. "Pekovic did not appear in nearly a quarter of Minnesota's games over the last three seasons (56 out of a possible 230) and he dealt with a variety of minor injuries last season."
- The Extra Pass: Golden State’s Elevator Screen plus Wednesday’s recaps (NBC Sports) December 19, 2013The Signature Series takes a look at a play that’s largely unique to one team. Here’s Golden State’s Elevator screen play: The “Elevator” screen is one of the most aesthetically pleasing plays you’ll see in the league, particularly when it’s run by Golden State. That’s in large part because any possession that ends in a…
- Pistons Put an End to the Pacers’ Perfection at Home December 17, 2013Detroit ended a six-game skid in the series and handed Indiana its first home loss this season on Monday night.
- Wade and Inside Game Return for Miami in Win at Minnesota December 8, 2013Dwyane Wade returned from a two-game absence, LeBron James had 14 rebounds to lead a rejuvenated effort on the boards, and the Heat ended a two-game losing streak.
- N.B.A. Postpones Game in Mexico City After Smoke Fills Arena December 5, 2013A generator malfunction outside the arena prevented the Spurs and the Timberwolves from playing the first regular-season N.B.A. game in Mexico since 1997.
- N.B.A. Game Postponed in Mexico Because of Smoke in Arena December 5, 2013he game between the San Antonio Spurs and the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night in Mexico City was postponed because of smoke inside the arena.
- Garnett Has Impact, but Not the Right Kind, in a Rout November 23, 2013Kevin Garnett was involved in a third-quarter altercation with Kevin Love as the Timberwolves dealt the Nets their fourth straight loss and seventh in eight road games.