Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- Timberwolves sign Glenn Robinson III September 17, 2014MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The Minnesota Timberwolves have signed second-round draft pick Glenn Robinson III. The Wolves announced the signing on Wednesday, less than two weeks ahead of the start of training camp. Robinson was the 40th overall pick in the June draft, but wasn't assured of a roster spot as the Timberwolves went through a massive overhaul while trading Kevin Love to Cleveland. Signing Robinson gives the Timberwolves 16 contracts on the roster, which is one more than the league allows. That means veteran point guard J.J. Barea, who is entering the final year of his contract, could be on his way out. The Timberwolves have been trying to trade Barea for most of the summer, but have yet to find any takers. They could also negotiate a buyout.
- Timberwolves Free Dunk Contest With Wiggins And LaVine September 17, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves know how to sell a rebuilding program to their fans as they heat up training camp with "Dunks After Dark" at 11pm on Monday September 29 headlining their high flying rookies Andrew Wiggins and Zach LaVine.
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Glenn Robinson III makes the squad September 17, 2014Earlier today, the Timberwolves signed Glenn Robinson III to a guaranteed contract according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. This is good news, as Robinson is a young player with promise, who showed a lot of chemistry with Zach LaVine on and off the court this summer. Drafted by the Timberwolves in the second round of this year’s draft, there was a lot of speculation that Robinson wouldn’t make the team as the Timberwolves roster already had 15 players signed to guaranteed contracts, so there was no room for Robinson, which is why it took so long for him to get signed. Robinson is an athletic small forward hailing from Michigan, and is the son of former NBA All-Star Glenn Robinson Jr. He will have a tough time earning minutes as the Timberwolves already have a lot of players who play small forward, with Andrew Wiggins, Corey Brewer, Shabazz Muhammad and Robbie Hummel in the mix for minutes at the position. Although it should be mentioned that like Hummel and Muhammad, Robinson can play the power fo
- Glenn Robinson III Agrees To Guaranteed Deal With Wolves September 16, 2014Glenn Robinson III has reached agreement with the Minnesota Timberwolves on a guaranteed contract. The Wolves had to deal with a long process to sign Robinson due to the upheaval of their roster this summer. Robinson flew to Minneapolis to sign an agreement on Monday and planned to begin preparations with the Wolves for the start of training camp later this month. Robinson dropped to 40th overall after leaving Michigan as a sophomore.
- Ricky Rubio says he never talked to Kevin Love about staying in Minnesota September 15, 2014With NBA training camps just around the corner, many teams will be looking for new players to emerge to help their team. One team who will need players to step up is the Minnesota Timberwolves after trading all-star forward Kevin Love. That means the team will need more from point guard Ricky Rubio in the scoring department. Rubio has been very quiet about Love being trading and apparently, it didn’t bother him one bit. Rubio told Adrian Wojnarowaki of Yahoo Sports that he never talked to Love about staying in Minnesota. “If he wanted to leave, there’s no reason to talk to him about it,” Rubio told Yahoo. “I really liked playing with him, but I’ll play with the players who want to be there. Kevin wants to win. That’s normal. He’s been there six years without the playoffs. I understand. If I was in the same situation – being one of the best players in the league – and not being able to be in the playoffs, I’d have a lot of frustration, too. “The last couple years there have been a lot
- Timberwolves sign Glenn Robinson III (The Associated Press) September 17, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves have signed second-round draft pick Glenn Robinson III. The Wolves announced the signing on Wednesday, less than two weeks ahead of the start of training camp. Robinson was the 40th overall pick in the June draft out of Michigan, but wasn't assured of a roster spot as the Timberwolves went through a massive overhaul while trading Kevin Love to Cleveland. Signing Robinson gives the Timberwolves 16 contracts on the roster, which is one more than the league allows. The Timberwolves have been trying to trade Barea for most of the summer, but have yet to find any takers.
- James unveils new shoe before restart with Cavs (The Associated Press) September 17, 2014LeBron James had some business to take care before rejoining the Cleveland Cavaliers for training camp. He was at Nike's corporate headquarters Tuesday for the unveiling of his new shoe, the LeBron 12. It is his first new shoe with Nike since he returned this summer to the Cavs. ''But I love it because it has my name and logo on it.'' The rollout comes less than two weeks before the four-time league MVP reports to training camp.
- Ricky Rubio still hopes for brighter future with Timberwolves after losing Kevin Love (Yahoo Sports) September 14, 2014Ricky Rubio lost Kevin Love then lost a chance at a gold medal with Spain. He still hopes to transform the T'wolves into winners.
- Chauncey Billups retires: 'It's just time' (Yahoo Sports) September 10, 2014After 17 NBA seasons, former Finals MVP Chauncey Billups is ending his playing career.
- Spain, US look like favorites at basketball worlds (The Associated Press) September 5, 2014They set out in different directions, with every reason to believe they are headed for the same destination. Both went 5-0 and were hardly challenged in group play, Spain powering past what was considered a difficult pool and the U.S. ''They are playing well, but we can't think about games that could come in the future,'' Spain guard Ricky Rubio of the Minnesota Timberwolves said. If the Americans reach the final, they would then travel to Madrid, perhaps with Spain waiting for them.
- State Fair’s Big Attraction: The Newest Timberwolves August 27, 2014Three days after Minnesota dealt Kevin Love to Cleveland, the team introduced the players acquired in the three-team trade at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Cavaliers Complete Deal to Acquire Kevin Love From Timberwolves August 24, 2014LeBron James got a superstar teammate, and Minnesota received Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett.
- Kevin Love to Be Traded to Cavaliers August 8, 2014Cleveland has agreed in principle to send a package that includes Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, the N.B.A.’s past two No. 1 picks, to Minnesota for Love.
- Minnesota Owner Says Trade of Kevin Love Is Likely August 4, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor told The St. Paul Pioneer Press that the All-Star power forward Kevin Love would most likely be traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers by Aug. 23 or Aug. 24.
- Minnesota Signs Williams July 29, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves and the free-agent guard Mo Williams agreed to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million.