Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- T’wolves Kevin Martin Says He Had No Idea Kevin Love Was Traded October 1, 2014Kevin Martin apparently just beamed down to the planet Earth. While at Timberwolves Media Day, the shooting guard admitted to not knowing a thing about the Kevin Love trade. Do you believe him? Here’s what Martin stated: “I didn’t know Kevin Love got traded until yesterday,” Martin said with a straight face at Monday’s annual media day at Target Center that preceded a midnight start to training camp in Mankato. “I’m not big on looking at blogs and all that.” Unless Martin comes out and says he doesn’t own a smartphone or have access to TV, then I think he’s not telling the truth. Call it a hunch. [BSO] The post T’wolves Kevin Martin Says He Had No Idea Kevin Love Was Traded appeared first on Geeks & Cleats.
- Kevin Martin Claims He Didn’t Know Kevin Love Was Traded, Which Is Probably A Lie September 30, 2014Kevin Martin showed up to Minnesota Timberwolves training camp on Monday and dropped a bombshell... Article found on: Next Impulse Sports
- T’Wolves Kevin Martin: ‘I Didn’t Know Kevin Love Got Traded’ September 30, 2014Kevin Love must think the Minnesota media is delusional or he had a great tongue-in-cheek moment at their expense. The Timberwolves shooting guard reported for media day and according to Jerry Zgoda, Martin told the media that he didn’t know Love had been traded until yesterday. “I didn’t know Kevin Love got traded until yesterday,” Martin said with a straight face at Monday’s annual media day at Target Center that preceded a midnight start to training camp in Mankato. “I’m not big on looking at blogs and all that.” Blogs? Does Kevin Martin watch television, read the papers or have any one in his inner circle that follows the Timberwolves.
- Timberwolves trio went through weeks of hell with Navy SEAL trainer September 30, 2014The children are slipping down Shabazz Muhammad's back, inches away from falling into a pit of whitewater rapids and fire. As Muhammad gropes for another handhold, his entire weight and an additional 100 pounds of helpless youth suspended above the perils below, he falters. A pair of guiding hands help steady him but only for a moment. Regaining his balance and summoning some interior-laden surge of strength, he climbs his way to safety while the kids on his back remain unharmed. Dressed in his trademark black hoodie, shorts and Columbia boots, Frank Mitrisciano nods his approval from behind dark shades. The imaginative exercise is over. "Save the kids" the acclaimed, San Francisco-based athletic trainer and mild psychopath calls it. The rapids and fire were sand. The obstacle -- an old, rusty playground deep inside the Presidio, a park and former military base on the northern tip of the peninsula named for St. Francis. The kids -- a weight vest like the 84-pound o...
- T-Wolves Release “Dunks After Dark” Hype Video September 30, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves have lined their roster with a group of very athletic and very young players. They might not win a bunch of games this season, but they will certainly be fun to watch. The T-Wolves released a hype video, and frankly, I’m ready to watch these boys play.
- DeMarcus Cousins has a sign in his locker reminding him to get fewer technical fouls this year (Ball Don't Lie) October 1, 2014
- Timberwolves move on without Kevin Love (The Associated Press) September 30, 2014MANKATO, Minn. (AP) -- The Kevin Love era officially ended in Minnesota in August when he was traded to Cleveland to team up with LeBron James and the Cavaliers. In retrospect, it may have been over far sooner.
- Kevin Martin swears he didn't know Kevin Love was traded until training camp hit (Ball Don't Lie) September 30, 2014Former Minnesota Timberwolves superstar Kevin Love was, in effect, dealt to the Cleveland Cavaliers during the first week of August. The Wolves and Cavs could not execute the deal until Aug. 23 because of the NBA’s bylaws regarding the trading of rookies, but eventually the two teams did follow through on the agreed-upon move to send Love (in essence) to Cleveland for youngsters Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and scoring forward Thaddeus Young. That’s a pretty large franchise shift, especially for a player in Kevin Martin who decided to join Minnesota two summers ago so as to ride out his prime with a knowing coach in Rick Adelman (since retired) and a sweet-shooting forward in Kevin Love (since traded). Trading a 26-and-12 guy for a couple of young men born during the Clinton Administration would seem to be a bit of a lifestyle shift, especially for a player about to enter his 11th NBA season, as Martin is. A season that Martin, unless he was pulling off the driest sense of dry humor in Minnesota’s history since the last time someone from Minnesota pulled off some dry humor (they’re really good at it!), didn’t know until recently would start with Kevin Love in Cleveland. From Jerry Zgoda at the Pioneer-Press : “I didn’t know Kevin Love got traded until yesterday,” Martin said with a straight face at Monday’s annual media day at Target Center that preceded a midnight start to training camp in Mankato. “I’m not big on looking at blogs and all that.” That’s, I suppose, possible. To credit “blogs” for solely dealing in rumor is a little 2005-ish, what with most websites, cable TV channels, tickers, radio, social media, and, I dunno, OTHER PLAYERS IN THE NBA INCLUDING YOUR TEAMMATES possibly talking about the potential trade involving the most prominent teammate on the franchise that you work for. Not only did Adrian Wojnarowski break the story for our website weeks before the deal could be legally finalized, but if an agreement to deal Adrian Wojnarowski away from Yahoo Sports were agreed upon and released to the press, I’d probably find out at some point after seven weeks between the beginning of August and the end of September. And I’m not even on Facebook. Still, there’s no way Kevin Martin didn’t know, right? He has to be keeping his tongue placed firmly in cheek. That’s the way you attempt to keep yourself sane while you prepare to enter life as a 31-year old shooting guard alongside a cadre of ( however fantastically entertaining ) youngsters. It’s only normal, especially when faced with endless questions (off record) from friends, family and teammates as to just how you’ll deal with work without Kevin Love around. If Kevin Martin does need some blog suggestions, though, I’ve got an idea of where he can go. - - - - - - - Kelly Dwyer is an editor for Ball Don't Lie on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at KDonhoops@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter! Follow @KDonhoops
- Training camp essential for NBA's new head coaches (The Associated Press) September 30, 2014OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Golden State Warriors general manager Bob Myers made an impromptu visit to Steve Kerr's office last week and couldn't stop staring at the walls.
- High-flying new-look Timberwolves show off athleticism in 'Dunks After Dark' camp kickoff (Video) (Ball Don't Lie) September 30, 2014
- State Fair’s Big Attraction: The Newest Timberwolves August 27, 2014Three days after Minnesota dealt Kevin Love to Cleveland, the team introduced the players acquired in the three-team trade at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Cavaliers Complete Deal to Acquire Kevin Love From Timberwolves August 24, 2014LeBron James got a superstar teammate, and Minnesota received Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett.
- Kevin Love to Be Traded to Cavaliers August 8, 2014Cleveland has agreed in principle to send a package that includes Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, the N.B.A.’s past two No. 1 picks, to Minnesota for Love.
- Minnesota Owner Says Trade of Kevin Love Is Likely August 4, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor told The St. Paul Pioneer Press that the All-Star power forward Kevin Love would most likely be traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers by Aug. 23 or Aug. 24.
- Minnesota Signs Williams July 29, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves and the free-agent guard Mo Williams agreed to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million.