Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- A Three Team Kevin Love Blockbuster Trade July 29, 2014A Three Team Kevin Love Blockbuster Trade By Mike Elworth: Owner and Publisher/Hoopstuff… It seems that for a Kevin Love to Cleveland trade to be made, a 3rd team will have to be brought in to take on players and contracts and Philadelphia is the team most talked about as that 3rd team, as they are willing to take on salary if they are going to receive assets and the Timberwolves would like Thaddeus Young. So here is a trade that makes sense for all 3 teams, with 10 players, making this one of the biggest trades in NBA history; yes this trade works with ESPN.com’s NBA Trade Machine. It is a doozy and even more incredible is that this trade isn’t just theoretical, it has a real chance of being made by the start of the season. Minnesota Adds: Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Thaddeus Young, Matthew Dellavedova, Erik Murphy and John Lucas III The Timberwolves would receive a franchise player in Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, who can still be a star, a starting power forward in Thadde...
- Report: Timberwolves Eye Thaddeus Young As Potential Kevin Love Replacement July 29, 2014With constant Kevin Love trade rumors swirling around the NBA world, the Minnesota Timberwolves are proactively searching for someone who will replace the coveted big man in a trade. ESPN’s Marc Stein reports that one player the Wolves are eying is Thaddeus Young of the Philadelphia 76ers. Minnesota would reportedly try to obtain Young either in an expanded trade that involves Love or in a separate trade if Love is dealt. Young has two years, including a player option for the 2015-16 campaign, left on his contract at $19.3 million. It’s unclear whether the Sixers are willing to part ways with him. Sixers GM Sam Hinkie has said the team expects to start the 2014-15 season with Young on the team. The 26-year-old power forward averaged 17.9 points and six rebounds last season, while shooting 45.4 percent from the field. Photo via USA TODAY Sports Images/Robert MayerFiled under: Andre Khatchaturian, NBA, Top Stories
- Former Cavalier Mo Williams to Minnesota doesn’t make the most sense July 29, 2014Former Cavaliers all-star point guard Mo Williams signed a deal with Minnesota today. The deal is smallish for one year and $3.75 million. CBS’ James Herbert notes that it’s not the most obvious fit for the Minnesota Timberwolves which obviously has me thinking. The cynical view here is that Minnesota doesn’t need a 31-year-old backup guard. The team probably isn’t going anywhere next season, and he’ll take minutes away from rookie Zach LaVine. The glass-half-full perspective is that Williams addresses the Wolves’ need for more shooting, and he will be able to play alongside Ricky Rubio for stretches. He’s a solid role player, and he’s on a favorable contract. Of course back here in Cleveland, it’s impossible to think of anything in the NBA without trying to figure out how it relates to LeBron James. Yes, I’m partially making fun of myself, but I also am partially just speaking the truth. Let conspiracy theories reign. Until there’s some clarity in the saga of Cleveland and Kevin Love,
- Report: Mo Williams agrees to one-year deal with Timberwolves July 28, 2014Free agent Mo Williams has agreed to a one-year, $3.75 million deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to Yahoo Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski. Mo Williams has agreed to a one year, $3.75M deal with the Timberwolves, league source tells Yahoo. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 28, 2014 Happy to announce a big congrats to our guy @mowilliams on joining the @MNTimberwolves! Best of luck on a great year to Mo and the #Wolves — Priority Sports (@PrioritySports) July 28, 2014 The 31-year-old Williams averaged 9.7 points and 4.3 assists in 24.8 minutes per game with the Portland Trail Blazers last season. In his 11-year career, Williams has played for the Utah Jazz, Milwaukee Bucks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Clippers and the Trail Blazers. The post Report: Mo Williams agrees to one-year deal with Timberwolves appeared first on Sports Glory.
- NBA guard Mo Williams agrees to a one-year deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves July 28, 20145TH QUARTER MAG 5TH QUARTER MAG - Exclusive sports rumors and gossip According to Adrian Wojnarowski, free agent NBA guard Mo Williams has agreed to a one-year deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves... NBA guard Mo Williams agrees to a one-year deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves
- Report: Clippers' Griffin has small back fracture (The SportsXchange) July 29, 2014Last week, Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin passed on playing for the U.S. national team this summer. Griffin's spot was taken by Washington Wizards guard John Wall. "I appreciate the invitation to play for Team USA this summer," Griffin said in a statement last week.
- Timberwolves get free agent Mo Williams (The Associated Press) July 29, 2014Mo Williams is on his way to Minnesota, which means J.J. Barea could be on his way out. The Timberwolves and Williams have agreed to a $3.75 million, one-year contract, the player's agency, Priority Sports, announced on Monday. The agreement gives the Timberwolves an experienced and versatile combo guard to play behind Ricky Rubio. Williams turns 32 in December and is coming off a season in Portland in which he averaged 9.7 points per game for his lowest output since his rookie year in 2003-04.
- Lakers re-sign F Johnson (The SportsXchange) July 28, 2014The Los Angeles Lakers re-signed free agent forward Wesley Johnson, the team announced Monday.
- Timberwolves rookie Zach LaVine stars at Seattle Pro-Am with series of seriously sick dunks (Video) (Ball Don't Lie) July 28, 2014Hey, did you forget over the weekend that Minnesota Timberwolves first-rounder Zach LaVine has crazy bounce and can perform a variety of very cool dunks? Well, I have good news for you and your addled memory. The former UCLA guard turned up at the Seattle Basketball Pro-Am League run by Jamal Crawford to put on a show for his hometown crowd (LaVine grew up in nearby Renton, Wash.) and offer yet another in what has become a pretty regular series of reminders that he's not especially encumbered by gravity. Here's a quick smash-and-grab cut of some crowd-pleasing throwdowns: ... and here's a longer, more luxurious compilation, featuring multiple replays and angles: LaVine used a pretty similar set to win the 2013 Ballislife All-American Dunk Contest . Here's hoping that, if he gets the chance to compete in the pro version at 2015 All-Star Weekend in New York, he'll be able to bring something even more ridiculous to the table. - - - - - - - Dan Devine is an editor for Ball Don't Lie on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter! Follow @YourManDevine Stay connected with Ball Don't Lie on Twitter @YahooBDL , "Like" BDL on Facebook and follow BDL's Tumblr for year-round NBA talk, jokes and more.
- Klay Thompson, Stephen Curry don't believe Golden State will break up backcourt duo for Kevin Love (Yahoo Sports) July 28, 2014Golden State has balked at moving its starting shooting guard and Klay Thompson said he "got that vibe" from new Warriors coach Steve Kerr that he wouldn't be traded.
- Minnesota Signs Williams July 29, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves and the free-agent guard Mo Williams agreed to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million.
- Love Withdraws From U.S. Team July 27, 2014Kevin Love of the Minnesota Timberwolves became the third N.B.A. player in recent weeks to withdraw from consideration for United States in next month’s World Cup, USA Basketball said.
- Kevin Love Withdraws From Team USA July 27, 2014Kevin Love still doesn't know where he will play next season, his N.B.A. future hanging in the air while a seldom-used league rule complicates a potential trade to Cleveland.
- Dust Still Settling in Aftermath of Move by LeBron James July 19, 2014James’s decision to return to Cleveland set in motion a series of free-agency-related developments that has left few teams unaffected.
- Grizzlies Retain Joerger May 28, 2014Grizzlies Coach Dave Joerger has signed a contract extension to remain in Memphis after speaking to the Minnesota Timberwolves about their vacancy.