Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- Minnesota Timberwolves Ticket Found Taped To Telephone Pole October 31, 2014Minnesota Timberwolves fans have to feel some confidence that their team is starting to turn things around especially after trading Kevin Love for Andrew Wiggins...
- WATCH: Vanilla Ice rocked the halftime show at T'Wolves game October 31, 2014Rob Van Winkle—aka Vanilla Ice—performed at halftime of Thursday night’s Timberwolves-Pistons game. And he rocked out in a Wolves jersey in front of a packed house at the Target Center. Fans seemed to really enjoy themselves. Vanilla Ice should probably perform every Wolves halftime show. Let’s sign him to a lifetime contract [...]
- Timberwolves fan gives away ticket to home opener by taping it to street post (pic) October 30, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves will host the team’s home opener Thursday night against the Detroit Pistons at Target Center. One individual who will not be in attendance is the fan who taped his ticket to the game to a street post, offering it up for free (obviously). Sure, the T’Wolves may not be a playoff team,...Read More The post Timberwolves fan gives away ticket to home opener by taping it to street post (pic) appeared first on Sportress of Blogitude.
- Ricky Rubio’s mid-range jumper key to unlocking his potential October 30, 2014Ricky Rubio has been in the spotlight since he was 14 years old. YouTube was lit up with the highlights of his passing exploits and his dazzling ball handling. Here was a baby-faced kid diming in every sense of the word. There was unadulterated joy in his game and how he played. NBA fans could not wait to see him. NBA fans still cannot wait to see him. His control with the ball and his ability to pass are among the best in the league. His teams have struggled to get him over the top and into a more national NBA consciousness — not just the obsession of hardcore fans and FIBA nuts. Rubio has been good — 9.5 points and 8.6 assists per game last year in his first full 82-game season — but not great. Not the transformational point guard everyone hoped he would be as they awaited his arrival from Spain. Now with Kevin Love gone, Rubio is carrying a heavier load — and playing for a contract. That means Rubio has to improve not on his passing. That will always be there. Rubio has to show t...
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Bye bye Barea October 29, 2014Today is the first regular season game for the Minnesota Timberwolves, and it should be a good one to watch as they play the Memphis Grizzlies tonight at 7 pm Central time. However, the Timberwolves tonight will be without a player has been with the team for a few years now, Jose Juan (JJ) Barea. On Monday the team waived Barea, as the Timberwolves needed to cut down their roster by one player and wanted to keep the young talent they had, so the 30 year old Barea was the one picked to leave the team. As I said in an earlier article this year, after the Timberwolves signed Glenn Robinson III that this move would be the right one for the Timberwolves. They are a rebuilding team with young bench players that have a lot of potential. It just doesn’t make sense for them to keep Barea, as he would be a third string point guard behind Ricky Rubio and Mo Williams, and if he played he would be taking minutes away from Zach LaVine the raw prospect guard the Timberwolves took in this year’s draft. Barea was inconsis
- Knicks ruin James' homecoming, Clippers begin new era (AFP) October 31, 2014LeBron James struggled as the New York Knicks spoiled his Cleveland homecoming, and the Los Angeles Clippers sneaked by Oklahoma City to begin their post-Donald Sterling era on Thursday night. James returned to his roots but Carmelo Anthony stole the spotlight by scoring 25 points to lift the Knicks to a 95-90 win in the Cavaliers' 2014-15 season opener on Thursday night. "My turnovers, some of them were careless and some of them were chemistry," James said. In the late game, the Clippers edged the short-handed Thunder 93-90 to begin the Steve Ballmer ownership era.
- Young, Wolves hold off Pistons 97-91 (The Associated Press) October 31, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves' youth movement is in full effect, with Andrew Wiggins and Co. ushering in a new era in the wake of Kevin Love's departure. Thaddeus Young scored 19 points and hit a big 3-pointer with 90 seconds to play to lift the Timberwolves to a 97-91 victory over the Detroit Pistons, making Saunders a winner in his first home game as Timberwolves coach since 2005. Nikola Pekovic had 17 points and 10 rebounds, and Ricky Rubio added 11 points, eight assists and seven boards. Caron Butler scored 24 points and D.J. Augustin had 20 points and six assists for the Pistons, who have opened the season with two straight losses on the road under first-year coach Stan Van Gundy.
- LeBron James hits and-one lay-up for 1st points in return to Cleveland Cavaliers (Video) (Ball Don't Lie) October 31, 2014The return of LeBron James to the Cleveland Cavaliers is the biggest story in the NBA this fall. The four-time MVP didn't waste much time in showing basketball fans what they can expect from him during Thursday night's opener against the New York Knicks at Quicken Loans Arena. With 6:30 remaining in the first quarter, James took a trademark outlet pass from fellow new Cav Kevin Love and powered through a foul from Carmelo Anthony to finish an and-one layup. Take a look below: It was a classic play from James with a new wrinkle from Love, who joined the Cavs this summer via trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves. The play shows why the Cavaliers could be one of the best fast-break teams in NBA history in 2014-15. Few teams have ever had the transition talent of LeBron, Love and All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving. LeBron's first basket followed a raucous pregame introduction. The crazy scene didn't come across fully on the TNT broadcast (which appeared to have some audio problems). James also brought back his pregame chalk toss routine, which was a mainstay of his first tenure in Cleveland but was used only intermittently during his four seasons with the Miami Heat. You can watch both the intro and the chalk toss here: In a surpise loss to the undermanned and underdog New York Knicks, Cleveland eventually fell by a 95-90 score. James struggled in his re-introduction to northern Ohio, turning the ball over eight times and missing 10 of 15 shots on his way toward 17 points. The Cavs will likely run into challenges this season as they attempt to turn a roster full of talent into a championship-level squad, but for now there are plenty of causes for celebration in Cleveland. Thursday's scene is just the start. - - - - - - - Eric Freeman is a writer for Ball Don't Lie on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter! Follow @FreemanEric
- Someone put a Wolves home opener ticket on a pole for the taking (Photo) (Ball Don't Lie) October 30, 2014The 2014-15 season does not figure to be a particularly good one for the Minnesota Timberwolves. After trading away Kevin Love this summer, the Wolves are left with a team of promising youngsters who figure to take a while to jell and become a playoff team. (This makes them not unlike the Love-led Wolves of a few seasons ago.) The results of the games don't matter much this year — it's all about more qualitative signs of progress. It appears that some fans won't have the patience to wait through the rebuilding process. In fact, one couldn't even make it to the home opener. As this photo posted to Reddit shows (via SB Nation ), a fed-up fan taped a ticket for Thursday night's home opener against the Detroit Pistons to a telephone poll:
- Daily Fantasy Review (Rotoworld) October 30, 2014Ryan Knaus sums up daily fantasy trends from the 2013-14 season in the final edition of 'The Numbers Game.'
- State Fair’s Big Attraction: The Newest Timberwolves August 27, 2014Three days after Minnesota dealt Kevin Love to Cleveland, the team introduced the players acquired in the three-team trade at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Cavaliers Complete Deal to Acquire Kevin Love From Timberwolves August 24, 2014LeBron James got a superstar teammate, and Minnesota received Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett.
- Kevin Love to Be Traded to Cavaliers August 8, 2014Cleveland has agreed in principle to send a package that includes Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, the N.B.A.’s past two No. 1 picks, to Minnesota for Love.
- Minnesota Owner Says Trade of Kevin Love Is Likely August 4, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor told The St. Paul Pioneer Press that the All-Star power forward Kevin Love would most likely be traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers by Aug. 23 or Aug. 24.
- Minnesota Signs Williams July 29, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves and the free-agent guard Mo Williams agreed to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million.