Minnesota Timberwolves Links of Interest
Minnesota Timberwolves Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Minnesota Timberwolves
Quick Searches for Minnesota Timberwolves on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Minnesota Timberwolves News
- Wolves waive guard Heslip October 25, 2014MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Timberwolves waived guard Brady Heslip on Saturday, leaving the club's current roster at 16 players. Heslip, 24, appeared in four preseason games for Minnesota, producing five points and two steals in nine minutes of action. The 6-foot-2 guard saw action in five games for the Timberwolves during the 2014 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, shooting 61.1 percent from the field. Heslip scored 1,140 career points collegiately at Baylor and his 43.7 percent 3-point percentage was the highest in school history. The Timberwolves open the regular season on Wednesday night, at Memphis.
- Zach LaVine throws down ferocious slam dunk (Video) October 25, 2014Minnesota Timberwolves rookie point guard Zach LaVine threw down a ferocious slam dunk off a fast break in the fourth quarter of Friday night's preseason game against Chicago.LaVine scored all of his six points in the final five minutes of the game as the Timberwolves rallied from 13 points down to beat the Bulls 113-112.Video via NBA. This post appeared first on Holdout Sports. Check us out on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
- Wolves Waive Brady Heslip October 25, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves have waived guard Brady Heslip. The Wolves roster now stands at 16 players. Heslip, 24, appeared in four preseason games for the Wolves, tallying five points, two steals and one rebound in nine minutes of play. The 6-2 guard saw action in five games (two starts) for the Wolves entry in 2014 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, shooting 61.1% from the field and 70.0% from three-point range.
- Will Dante Cunningham Return to NBA After Dropped Domestic Violence Charge? October 24, 2014Six months ago, Dante Cunningham was charged with alleged domestic abuse charges. He was accused of choking his girlfriend, Miryah Herron, and slamming her head against the wall. The Minnesota Timberwolves forward was also accused of violating a protection order and sending Herron threatening text messages. Upon further investigation, the police found out that it was Herron sending herself the messages but she denies it. As a result of the these charges Dante Cunningham was suspended from the Minnesota Timberwolves. In August, the charges against Dante Cunningham were dropped. According to the Associated Press, Dante Cunningham, who is living out of a motorhome, said he is hoping to get a multi-million-dollar deal. He said that no teams from the league has made him an offer because it’s not worth the bad publicity that could come if they were to bring him in. “At this point it’s about justice and it’s about clearing my name,” the 27-year-old forward told The Associated Press. “Clea...
- Love thanks T'Wolves fans in essay for not burning his jersey October 23, 2014Jason Whitney Kevin Love reflected on his busy summer in an essay that was published via Derek Jeter’s Players Tribune website. In the essay, Love talked about his time in Minnesota and how much grew up during his tenure with Timberwolves. In addition, Love said he wanted to go to Timberwolves out of college and enjoyed “six great years” […] Sports-Kings - The Kings of Sports Lists - Sports bloggers that cover the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, fantasy sports, college sports and much more. From funny videos to pictures we have it all
- Sources: Stalling contract talks between Thompson, Warriors causing frustration (Yahoo Sports) October 25, 2014Thompson is seeking a maximum deal paying upward of $15 million per season, a source said.
- Timberwolves overcome Bulls 113-112 (The Associated Press) October 25, 2014Zach LaVine tried not to think about guarding Derrick Rose. After starring late in the Minnesota Timberwolves' rally from a 13-point deficit, the 19-year-old rookie didn't try hiding his admiration. ''That dude's good,'' LaVine said after Minnesota closed the preseason with a 113-112 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Friday night. He'd been wondering if coach Flip Saunders would put him in.
- Bosh, Wade lead Heat past Grizzlies 104-98 (The Associated Press) October 25, 2014Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade helped the Miami Heat close the preseason with their fourth straight win, but the reserves preserved the victory. Bosh scored 21 points, Wade added 16, and the Heat defeated the Memphis Grizzlies 104-98 on Friday night. ''I thought we did a good job, especially late in the preseason, of getting to our game and everyone still feeling comfortable in their roles.'' The Heat bench pushed the lead to 17 early in the fourth quarter. Despite Memphis pulling within 94-91 near the 4-minute mark, the Grizzlies were unable to get closer.
- BDL's 2014-15 NBA Season Previews: Sacramento Kings (Ball Don't Lie) October 24, 2014
- Brief profiles of Western Conference teams (Reuters) October 24, 2014(Reuters) - Following are brief profiles of the 15 teams in the National Basketball Association's Western Conference ahead of the2014-15 season. NORTHWEST DIVISION DENVER NUGGETS Founded: 1967 NBA titles: None Head coach: Brian Shaw 2013-14 record: 36-46 (Finished fourth in division, did not make playoffs) After missing the playoffs last season for the first time since 2003, the Nuggets are hoping to take a step forward with second-year coach Brian Shaw and some key acquisitions. ...
- State Fair’s Big Attraction: The Newest Timberwolves August 27, 2014Three days after Minnesota dealt Kevin Love to Cleveland, the team introduced the players acquired in the three-team trade at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Cavaliers Complete Deal to Acquire Kevin Love From Timberwolves August 24, 2014LeBron James got a superstar teammate, and Minnesota received Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett.
- Kevin Love to Be Traded to Cavaliers August 8, 2014Cleveland has agreed in principle to send a package that includes Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, the N.B.A.’s past two No. 1 picks, to Minnesota for Love.
- Minnesota Owner Says Trade of Kevin Love Is Likely August 4, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor told The St. Paul Pioneer Press that the All-Star power forward Kevin Love would most likely be traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers by Aug. 23 or Aug. 24.
- Minnesota Signs Williams July 29, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves and the free-agent guard Mo Williams agreed to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million.