Denver Nuggets Links of Interest
Quick searches for Denver Nuggets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Denver Nuggets News
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide (NBC Sports) April 23, 2014It would be a mistake, but the Pacers' slide has everyone on edge in Indy.
- Stephen Curry's 32 sparks Warriors over Timberwolves (Automated Insights) April 22, 2014Stephen Curry finished with 32 points and recorded 15 assists, while David Lee added 25 points and nine rebounds to lead the Golden State Warriors to a victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves, 130-120. The Warriors shot 49-101 (48.5%) from the field and dominated the offensive glass, pulling down 19 boards. Golden State (50-31) picked up the win after falling to Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday.
- Blake Griffin, Chris Paul spark Clippers past Nuggets (Automated Insights) April 22, 2014Chris Paul registered his 39th double-double this season, scoring 21 points and registering 10 assists, to help the Los Angeles Clippers take down the Denver Nuggets, 117-105. The Clippers were on fire in this game, finishing 44-83 (53.0%). Los Angeles (57-24) has now won seven of their last 10 games. Paul went 8-10 (3-5 from three-point range) in an efficient offensive performance.
- Crawford and Barnes combine for 71, Warriors nip Nuggets (Automated Insights) April 22, 2014Jordan Crawford came off the bench and scored 41 points to help the Golden State Warriors slip by the Denver Nuggets, 116-112. Golden State (51-31) has now won back-to-back games after defeating Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday.
- Blakely's Mock Draft 1.0: A surprise for the Celtics? (Comcast SportsNet New England) April 21, 2014BOSTON One of the perks of being one of the best in the NBA for years is the lottery isn't something you put a ton of energy, effort or thought into.
- Why the Denver Nuggets missed the playoffs April 23, 2014For the first time in ten years there will be no basketball being played in the Pepsi Center this spring. The Denver Nuggets finished the year with a 36-46 record, the first time in ten years that the Nuggets failed to make the playoffs and the first in 11 years they failed to finish the regular season above .500. Here are a few reasons on why the Denver Nuggets missed the playoffs this season: 1. Injuries The injury bug hit the Nuggets hard throughout the season. It seemed as if every month a new player was injured and would be out for a significant time. If a team can’t stay healthy during the season their chances of postseason play will be decreased drastically. Danillo Gallanari and JaVale McGee both had zero contributions this season, Nate Robinson and J.J. Hickson both had to be placed on the Injured Reserve at some point during the season, and Ty Lawson and Wilson Chandler both were unable to play for 18 games due to injuries (Most of the games both were missing). The Nugget...
- Shaw expects Nuggets to bring Kenneth Faried back April 19, 2014The Denver Nuggets had an incredibly disappointing season under new head coach Brian Shaw, and there are plenty of things to be worked on this offseason. That being said, there are pressing free agency decisions to make for the Nuggets as well. Brian Shaw has made it clear that he wants forward Kenneth Faried back with the team, and he expects Denver to get something done to bring him back. “I definitely want to have him back, and expect to have him back.” - Brian Shaw Despite the lack of success this past season, Faried was one of the few bright spots for the Nuggets. He continued his excellent defense and rebounding, and took the next step in his offensive game as well. Faried played in 80 games with the Nuggets this season, starting in 77
- Nuggets' Danilo Gallinari expects to be back for training camp April 19, 2014The Denver Nuggets ended the 2013-2014 season with a 116-112 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday to finish with a 36-46 record. The Nuggets played the entire season without forward Danilo Gallinari, who had a procedure last June on a partially torn ACL and reconstructive surgery in January. The good news is Gallinari is ahead of schedule in his rehab and intends to be back by training camp. Howcheng via Wikimedia CommonsChris Dempsey, who covers the NBA for the Denver Post, tweeted the following on Gallinari's status. Quickly: Danilo Gallinari not only is running & jumping, he dunked for the first time yesterday. Says he'll be ready for camp #Nuggets— Chris Dempsey (@dempseypost) April 17, 2014 The procedure Gallinari had last June addressed his meniscus, but wasn't enough to get him back on the court. With the reconstructive surgery, Gallinari had a long, tough rehabilitation ahead of him. The team is confident that he can make a full recover...
- Darrell Arthur plans on being back with Nuggets in 2014-15 April 18, 2014If it’s up to Darrell Arthur, he’ll be back in a Nuggets uniform next season. The good news for him is it is his choice. Arthur, a reserve power forward who was one of the Nuggets’ best defensive players during the 2013-14 season has a player option worth about $3.5 million for next season. Barring a contract extension, he’ll be an unrestricted free agent next summer. Asked if he’s thought a lot about next season, Arthur said: “Not really. I look on coming back though. I don’t see myself going anywhere. We’ll see. I really want to stay, so hopefully everything works out.” He’s got healing to do this summer. Arthur ended the season fighting to play through myriad injuries, the worst of which was a badly bruised knee that kept him from playing the Nuggets’ final game. Arthur averaged 5.9 points and 3.1 rebounds in 68 games this season. When he looks back on the season, he shrugs.
- Brian Shaw Expects Nuggets To Keep Kenneth Faried April 18, 2014Brian Shaw praised Kenneth Faried's play in the second half the regular season and said he expects the forward to remain with the Denver Nuggets next season. “I definitely want to have him back,” Shaw said. “And expect to have him back.” Faried was the Nuggets’ best player after the All-Star break, leading the team in scoring (18.8 points per game), rebounding (10.1) and shooting percentage (54.6 percent). “He should be here,” Randy Foye said. “He’s a blue-collar guy, the fans love him. To me, he’s the face of the franchise. The way the fans (love) him. When he brings something, they love watching that guy.” The Nuggets can begin discussions about a contract extension for Faried on July 1.
- Suns Mount Comeback to Overcome Love’s 36 March 24, 2014Phoenix trailed by 22 in the first half but shot a season-high 57 percent from the floor to overcome Kevin Love’s 36 points and 14 rebounds.
- Late Charge By Wizards’ Gooden Dooms Nets March 16, 2014Washington erased a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter to move ahead of the Nets for fifth place in the Eastern Conference.
- Knicks Can’t Win, Even if They Play to Lose March 5, 2014Because they owe their first-round draft pick to the Denver Nuggets, the Knicks cannot even benefit from additional losses that would set them up for a favorable draft position.
- George Karl Sees a Talent Adrift as Carmelo Anthony’s Knicks Fade March 2, 2014Karl, Anthony’s former coach in Denver, believes the Knicks’ star is missing “mental toughness” around him.
- Special Night for Collins, and a Win for the Nets February 28, 2014Jason Collins, who played the final eight minutes of the Nets’ rout in Denver, planned to meet afterward with the parents of Matthew Shepard, a gay college student murdered in 1998.