Denver Nuggets Links of Interest
Quick searches for Denver Nuggets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Denver Nuggets News
- Mavericks' Felton pleads guilty in NYC gun case (The Associated Press) July 23, 2014Dallas Mavericks point guard Raymond Felton pleaded guilty Wednesday in a New York gun case, taking a plea deal that involved admitting a felony but spares him jail. Felton pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a firearm. Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Jonathan Rebold said Felton will be allowed to do the service outside New York. ''At this point, Raymond is looking forward to starting the next chapter of his life and focusing on success in Dallas,'' his lawyer, James Walden, said after court.
- Bulls include McDermott in Love offer; third team involved? (The SportsXchange) July 23, 2014First-round pick Doug McDermott and two previous first-rounders -- Taj Gibson and Nikola Mirotic -- are part of the Chicago Bulls' trade offer to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love according to NBA reporter Chris Sheridan. "The hang-up is Mirotic and McDermott signed their contracts (Tuesday)," Sheridan told 87.7 FM The Game in Chicago. If Minnesota likes the offer way, way better than the Cleveland offer, they can wait."
- Jeff Bzdelik to join Grizzlies coaching staff (Yahoo Sports) July 23, 2014Former Nuggets head coach Jeff Bzdelik is returning to the NBA.
- Sources: Cavs acquire three players from Jazz to increase assets to pursue Kevin Love (Yahoo Sports) July 22, 2014The Cavaliers acquired expiring contracts to possibly put together a larger offer for Timberwolves forward Kevin Love.
- Bulls sign forward McDermott, guard Brooks (The Associated Press) July 22, 2014CHICAGO (AP) -- The Chicago Bulls say they have signed Doug McDermott, their first-round draft pick and last season's college player of the year.
- Grading the Nuggets Off-Season Acquisitions July 23, 2014The Denver Nuggets have always been a middle of the pack team. This year they made some free agent signings in hopes to improve their standing in the rough and tough Western Conference. Here I grade the Nuggets off-season acquisitions:Arron AfflaloGrade: BArron Afflalo is a much better player than Evan Fournier, which is what made that deal a beneficial one. Afflalo isn’t a great player by any stretch of the imagination, but he certainly showed in Orlando that when a team is in need of scoring, he provides it. He is not an all-star, but he is an above average player and over the years, the Nuggets have continued to build a team around players like him.Darrell ArthurGrade: CArthur is a solid presence off the bench. Obviously, Arthur isn’t really too good of a player, and at 26 years old, he doesn’t have the opportunity to call himself a prospect. Arthur averaged about 6 and 3 last year, and shot decently from beyond the arc. Arthur should continue to be decent from beyond the arc, and will co
- Kevin Love Rumors: Are the Denver Nuggets the darkhorse in the Kevin Love race? July 23, 2014The Denver Nuggets were among the teams interested in trading for All-Star power forward, Kevin Love, but had their offer rebuffed by the Timberwolves last month. Now Denver seems to be sneaking their way back into the race, according to a report by Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski. The Denver Nuggets have remained a strong contender for Love, offering a package that sources said has been the most appealing to Minnesota outside of the Cavaliers and a possible Golden State deal including Klay Thompson. So far, the Warriors have kept Thompson out of their offer to Minnesota.As previously reported, the Chicago Bulls have renewed their interest in Kevin Love. Now the Nuggets seem to be making their way back onto the scene. Denver had offered Minnesota Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Faried and the 11th pick in the NBA draft, according to Chris Broussard. After apparently having that offer rebuffed by the Minnesota Timberwolves, little to no news have come out about Denver being intere...
- Bulls Officially Sign Aaron Brooks July 22, 2014The Chicago Bulls have finally found a viable backup for star Derrick Rose, officially signing free agent point guard Aaron Brooks on Tuesday. The addition of Aaron Brooks as a backup to Derrick Rose will prove extremely beneficial to Chicago. The veteran, who could fill in at the shooting guard position as well if needed, averaged 9.0 points and 3.2 assists per game while splitting time between the Denver Nuggets and Houston Rockets in 2013-14. The finding of a proven 1 in Brooks could be paramount to Chicago’s success this upcoming season, as Rose has proven his inability to remain healthy over the past few years. Kirk Hinrich was also forced to sit out due to injury on multiple occasions last season. Throw It Back With Highlights Of A Young Aaron Brooks An experienced six-year veteran with stops in Sacramento and Phoenix in addition to the two franchises he appeared with in 2013-14, the six-footer has proven his ability to fill up the score sheet with his deep range and capab...
- Jan Vesely Expected To Sign With Fenerbahce Ulker July 21, 2014Jan Vesely is close to signing with Fenerbahce Ulker. Vesely was the sixth overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft by the Washington Wizards and was traded last season to the Denver Nuggets. Vesely has played in just 2,455 minutes over three NBA seasons.
- Denver Nuggets: Extending Kenneth Faried Would Be Mistake July 20, 2014Giving Kenneth Faried contract extension before next summer would be a mistake for the Denver Nuggets (Photo: Howcheng) The Denver Nuggets are planning to negotiate a contract extension with Kenneth Faried’s agent this summer. Signing Faried prior to the October 31 deadline could prove to be a mistake. Instead, the Nuggets should wait until next summer to properly assess the fourth year power forward’s true value to the team. There is a narrative about how great Faried was after the NBA All-Star break. His first half numbers were very close to his career averages (slightly below). A minor decline could be expected with a new coach, implementing a new offensive system and having to compete for playing time with JJ Hickson. Upon closer inspection, Faried’s second half was not what it is made out to be. As displayed in this graph, Faried’s stats from the first half of this season were very close to his career averages. Brian Shaw’s team faced many trials and tribulations throughout his first season in
- Suns Mount Comeback to Overcome Love’s 36 March 24, 2014Phoenix trailed by 22 in the first half but shot a season-high 57 percent from the floor to overcome Kevin Love’s 36 points and 14 rebounds.
- Late Charge By Wizards’ Gooden Dooms Nets March 16, 2014Washington erased a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter to move ahead of the Nets for fifth place in the Eastern Conference.
- Knicks Can’t Win, Even if They Play to Lose March 5, 2014Because they owe their first-round draft pick to the Denver Nuggets, the Knicks cannot even benefit from additional losses that would set them up for a favorable draft position.
- George Karl Sees a Talent Adrift as Carmelo Anthony’s Knicks Fade March 2, 2014Karl, Anthony’s former coach in Denver, believes the Knicks’ star is missing “mental toughness” around him.
- Special Night for Collins, and a Win for the Nets February 28, 2014Jason Collins, who played the final eight minutes of the Nets’ rout in Denver, planned to meet afterward with the parents of Matthew Shepard, a gay college student murdered in 1998.