Denver Nuggets Links of Interest
Quick searches for Denver Nuggets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Denver Nuggets News
- NBA roundup: Spurs sign Parker to extension (The SportsXchange) August 1, 2014The San Antonio Spurs signed point guard Tony Parker to a multiyear contract extension on Friday.
- The 10-man rotation, starring Team USA's FIBA Basketball World Cup roster, still taking shape (Ball Don't Lie) August 1, 2014A look around the league and the Web that covers it. It's also important to note that the rotation order and starting nods aren't always listed in order of importance. That's for you, dear reader, to figure out. C : Hang Time . As Team USA prepares for Friday's USA Basketball Showcase , John Schuhmann revisits the weeklong camp in Las Vegas to identify which players look like locks to represent the United States in Spain at the FIBA Basketball World Cup and which competitors are on the bubble. PF : Pattern of Basketball . The battle for the backup center spot stands as one of the more interesting positional struggles on the U.S. squad, especially with word circulating that rising Brooklyn Nets sophomore Mason Plumlee (who played for USA coach Mike Krzyzewski at Duke) might be ahead of Sacramento Kings near-All-Star DeMarcus Cousins on the American depth chart. Jonathan Tjarks' succinct take: "On one level, you can see the argument for taking Mason Plumlee over Demarcus Cousins […] On another level, though, c'mon." SF : Grizzly Bear Blues . An eight-step justification for rooting for Spain, and not the U.S., during the FIBA World Cup. SG : Heat.com . A great breakdown by Couper Moorhead of how the loss of LeBron James and the additions of Luol Deng and Josh McRoberts will change the Miami Heat's offense. Would you believe "not very much?" PG : The Classical . In which Ian Levy sees his own worst memories in the disappointing bluish blobs of Evan Turner's 2013-14 shot chart: " This is where Turner finds open three-pointers as the trailer on a fast break. It’s also where my first girlfriend broke up with me." 6th : 8 Points, 9 Seconds . If you're an Indiana Pacers fan unsure that going from Lance Stephenson to Rodney Stuckey is an especially great move, take heart — Rafael Canton's here to plumb the depths of history and tell you that a fairly similar offseason talent downgrade once worked out pretty well for the Pacers. 7th : Philadunkia . One year down the line, has Sam Hinkie done enough in terms of implementing his long-range plan for the Philadelphia 76ers to win over the skeptical Jeff McMenamin? 8th : Bleacher Report . Fred Katz's discussion of the difficulties of properly evaluating team and individual defense at the NBA level includes some fervent preaching of the gospel of off-ball defense: "If a defense is taking away a ball-handler's options, it can force the offense into bad decisions and poor shot selection, and that's ultimately the goal of defending." 9th : Mavs Moneyball . A long read on spending a year watching your favorite team build toward a championship and watching your father slip away, and how remembering "it this way, with Dad and the champion Mavs all mashed together […] gives me a context in which I can face things that are worth facing." 10th : The 700 Level . A 100 percent true oral history of "Cookin' with Altitude," a cookbook featuring several members of the 2001 Denver Nuggets, that is based in fact, rigorously reported and, above all else, indisputably real. More NBA coverage: - - - - - - - Dan Devine is an editor for Ball Don't Lie on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter! Follow @YourManDevine Stay connected with Ball Don't Lie on Twitter @YahooBDL , "Like" BDL on Facebook and follow BDL's Tumblr for year-round NBA talk, jokes and more.
- Nuggets sign G Erick Green (The Associated Press) August 1, 2014DENVER (AP) -- The Denver Nuggets signed guard Erick Green to a deal on Friday.
- Nuggets sign G Green (The SportsXchange) August 1, 2014The Denver Nuggets officially signed guard Erick Green, the team announced Friday.
- NBA roundup: Nuggets sign first-round picks (The SportsXchange) August 1, 2014The Denver Nuggets signed first-round draft picks center Jusuf Nurkic and guard Gary Harris, the team announced Thursday.
- Suns Mount Comeback to Overcome Love’s 36 March 24, 2014Phoenix trailed by 22 in the first half but shot a season-high 57 percent from the floor to overcome Kevin Love’s 36 points and 14 rebounds.
- Late Charge By Wizards’ Gooden Dooms Nets March 16, 2014Washington erased a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter to move ahead of the Nets for fifth place in the Eastern Conference.
- Knicks Can’t Win, Even if They Play to Lose March 5, 2014Because they owe their first-round draft pick to the Denver Nuggets, the Knicks cannot even benefit from additional losses that would set them up for a favorable draft position.
- George Karl Sees a Talent Adrift as Carmelo Anthony’s Knicks Fade March 2, 2014Karl, Anthony’s former coach in Denver, believes the Knicks’ star is missing “mental toughness” around him.
- Special Night for Collins, and a Win for the Nets February 28, 2014Jason Collins, who played the final eight minutes of the Nets’ rout in Denver, planned to meet afterward with the parents of Matthew Shepard, a gay college student murdered in 1998.