Denver Nuggets Links of Interest
Quick searches for Denver Nuggets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Denver Nuggets News
- Wizards-Nuggets Preview (The Associated Press) January 25, 2015John Wall broke out of a brief shooting slump but couldn't keep the Washington Wizards from being plagued by another poor second half. The Denver Nuggets remain stuck in their own offensive rut. Both teams will try to avoid matching their longest losing streaks this season Sunday night in Denver. The Wizards (29-15) lost 103-96 to Portland on Saturday, opening a four-game Western Conference trip.
- Celtics-Warriors Preview (The Associated Press) January 25, 2015While Klay Thompson may have gotten used to playing in Stephen Curry's shadow, he's going to have a hard time staying out of the spotlight going forward. Thompson looks to build on a once-in-a-lifetime performance as the Golden State Warriors try to extend their franchise-record 18-game home winning streak Sunday night against the Boston Celtics. Thompson dominated the headlines after putting together the highest-scoring quarter in NBA history, scoring 37 points in the third in Friday's 126-101 win over Sacramento. The fourth-year guard made all 13 shots - including nine from 3-point range - and both free throws during those 12 minutes, surpassing the 33-point mark set by George Gervin in 1978 and matched by Carmelo Anthony in 2008.
- Bradley's go-ahead 3 helps Celtics beat Nuggets 100-99 (The Associated Press) January 24, 2015Bradley hit a go-ahead 3-pointer and a jumper to help secure the lead in the final 1:24, and the Boston Celtics hung on to beat Denver 100-99 on Friday night, sending the Nuggets to their fifth loss in a row. ''He hit two big ones,'' Celtics coach Brad Stevens said of Avery, who finished with 18 points. When he gets that rhythm, step-in shot, he's usually pretty good at it.'' The Nuggets played without star guard Ty Lawson, who was away from the team for what the club said were personal reasons following his arrest earlier Friday for allegedly driving under the influence. Jameer Nelson, acquired from Boston in exchange for Nate Robinson in a trade Jan. 13, had 23 points in his first start for the Nuggets in place of Lawson.
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 points in a quarter (Ball Don't Lie) January 24, 2015
- Lawson of NBA's Nuggets arrested on drunken driving charges (Reuters) January 23, 2015(Reuters) - Denver Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson was arrested early on Friday on drunken driving charges, Denver police said. Lawson, 27, was arrested at 1:19 a.m. after being stopped for driving 61 mph (98 kph) in a 35 mph (56 kph) zone, police said. "We have been made aware of an incident involving Ty Lawson early this morning," the Nuggets said in a statement. Lawson is averaging 16.7 points and a career-high 9.9 assists for the Nuggets through 41 games.
- Report: Lawson expected to return to Nuggets' lineup Sunday January 25, 2015Nuggets starting point guard Ty Lawson is reportedly returning to the lineup on Sunday, two days after an early-morning arrest on suspicion of drinking and driving. According to The Denver Post, Lawson said that he "apologized to the team," but that the nature of those comments will not be made public. He also said that he met with coach Brian Shaw. "I talked to him," Shaw said, according to the Post. "I left him to deal with his teammates on his own, with them. For me, it's no different than your own child doing something. And the same care and concern that you have for your child. Just wanting to talk about responsibility, doing the right thing, learning from mistakes that you make and how it affects not just you but your family and your fans, organization and everybody else around." Lawson said his first court date is Feb. 27. Denver police said on Friday that they had arrested Lawson for investigation of driving under the influence. In a statement, the police said Lawson was sto...
- Green Envy: What Nuggets fans said - 1/24 January 24, 2015With two teams in full tank mode, the Nuggets made the Celtics look like a legit basketball team. I will also note that Nuggets starting point guard Ty Lawson was a DNP because of a DUI he received the night before. Former Celtic, albeit brief, Jameer Nelson played real well. Evan Turner wilted at the free throw line down the stretch, which left just enough time for Jameer to brick a game winner.Top Three:1) Jameer is instantly a huge upgrade over NRob (RIP) already2) Is Foye stoned or drunk? (Accompanied by this picture) 3) If I can work sick Ty can play hungoverPlay of the Game: (Gerald Wallace's amazing 8 minutes on the floor)I had almost forgotten that Gerald Wallace was still in the league.The Full Slate:NUGGGGGETTTTTS!Um... I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Nikola Vucevic is pretty good at basketball.Jam33r!!!Dempsy reported on the radio this afternoon that the Nuggets were partying late at night before their early afternoon debacle at GS. This team has serious issues. L...
- Fans of the tank beware: Celtics beat the Denver Nuggets 100-99 January 24, 2015While the Denver Nuggets held the lead for the majority of the first half they could never take advantage of the Celtics' mistakes. Whether it was turnovers or bad offensive possessions they often had chances to extend their lead into high double digits but couldn't find the bottom of the basket in those moments.The same could be said about the C's however. Instead of driving to the basket to get the easy two they seemed poised on trying to hit three point shots to get back into the game. They seldomly fell as the Celts only shot 20% (2-10) from beyond the arc in the half.The Nuggets went on a 7-0 run to close out the final minutes of the second quarter and brought a 48-42 lead to the locker room at the half.The third quarter saw much of the same from both teams leading to the Nuggets extending their lead to double digits once more.But after a series of timeouts the Celtics began to play more physical on both sides of the floor but more so on defense throwing off Denver's offensive ...
- Lawson arrested on suspicion of DUI January 23, 2015No way around it – some upsetting news Friday morning involving Denver Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson. Here is the tweet from the Denver Police Department. ALERT: Ty Lawson arrested on suspicion of DUI. #Denver pic.twitter.com/BF9QwFCgoY — Denver Police Dept. (@DenverPolice) January 23, 2015 Apparently this is not Lawson’s first incident of this nature either. Ty Lawson pled guilty to driving after underage drinking in 2008, while he was still at UNC. Apparent arrest this morning is 3rd related. — Nate Timmons (@NateTimmonsCO) January 23, 2015 The Nuggets hosted a charity event at the Punch Bowl Social club last evening, though Lawson’s arrest occurred hours after the event ended. This is obviously disappointing, and dangerous, news. Not even considering that Lawson is the team’s best player and the face of the franchise, multiple run ins with the law of this kind points to a deeper problem at work here. Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly had this to say about Lawson’s arre...
- Nuggets' Ty Lawson arrested on suspicion of DUI January 23, 2015DENVER (AP) Denver police say they have arrested Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson for investigation of driving under the influence. In a statement, the police said Lawson was stopped after an officer saw a car being driven fast and carelessly early Friday. The Denver Nuggets said the team was aware of the arrest and would have no further comment.
- Cleveland Reaches for the Unteachable January 11, 2015The Cavaliers paid a steep price in trading for Timofey Mozgov because seven-footers with respectable statistics are a relative rarity in the N.B.A.
- Nets Lose Third in a Row as the Celtics Pull Away January 8, 2015Avery Bradley scored 21 points as Boston snapped a three-game losing streak with an 89-81 victory over the Nets.
- Nets Rally to Beat Nuggets; Cavaliers Rout Timberwolves December 24, 2014Joe Johnson scored 27 points, Mason Plumlee added 19 points and a career-high 13 rebounds, and the Nets came back in the fourth quarter to beat Denver.
- James Harden’s 44 Points Lift Rockets December 23, 2014Harden’s had his N.B.A.-leading third game with at least 40 points this season, and all three have come this month.
- Cavs’ Streak Is Broken as Nuggets Pull Away November 18, 2014Ty Lawson scored 24 points, Arron Afflalo added 23 and Denver ended Cleveland’s four-game winning streak with a 106-97 victory.