Washington Wizards Links of Interest
Washington Wizards Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Washington Wizards
Quick searches for Washington Wizards on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Washington Wizards News
- VIDEO: Does John Wall's New Shoe Signal He'll Become a Used Car Salesman? October 30, 2014Washington Wizards star John Wall's new signature sneaker the J Wall 1 releases in stores on Halloween. The new commercial for that shoe from Footlocker, doesn't just promote the shoe,
- Paul Pierce “can’t stand” anybody October 30, 2014“….But seriously though, I can’t stand y’all” If the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant and Houston Rockets’ Dwight Howard’s drama from opening night wasn’t enough to get you hyped for the season, here is commentary by Washington Wizards forward Paul Pierce on Mike and Mike, via the Washington Post’s DC Sports Blog: “This is a different era,” Pierce said. “Guys are playing a lot more together in the summer. You see more friendships in the league. It’s not like in the 80s when you had enemies, or you couldn’t stand this guy, and there were fights all the time. These guys, they all get along. It’s a new generation. They all want to play with each other, they all want to win. They’re in USA Basketball all summer, they play in the summer leagues all summer, so they get to know one another and they try to join one another and try to win a championship. It’s a new era that we’re seeing and this is the way it’s going to be, guys, we’ve just gotta accept it.” Fair point, but
- Wizards’ Porter & Rice Entertain Kids at Verizon Center Halloween Party October 29, 2014On Monday, two members of the Washington Wizards caught everyone’s attention at Verizon Center. Scott Allen of the Washington Post reported on the Wizards’ Halloween party for 100 local-area kids. Otto Porter and Glen Rice Jr. came dressed for the occasion. Porter came as Michelangelo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Rice came as Bane, from the Batman universe of comics. The kids were treated to healthy snacks, and a chance to mingle with some NBA players. Check out this tweet: Hah! RT “@ScottSAllen: Otto Porter went as Michelangelo to Wizards kids Halloween party http://t.co/bij5QKFdtM pic.twitter.com/wHw4IiT98L” — Ben M (@BenMehicNBA) October 28, 2014 It appears all in attendance had a good time. That’s one way to positively interact with the local fanbase. Follow Us on Twitter: @DCSportsKings DCSK Contributor Ralph Thompson Jr., @SomRandomOlDude Check Out My Blog – somerandomolddude.blogspot.com
- Wizards vs. Heat Game Preview: “Something Special Begins” October 29, 2014Washington at Miami October 29, 2014 at 7:30 PM American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL TV: CSNWashington Radio: 99.1FM Tale of the Tape Last time they met was.. April 14, 2014 @ Verizon Center in DC. The Wizards won 114-93. Projected Starting Lineups The Mohawk’d Machine vs. Stegosaurus ungulatus With LeBron now merely a glistening fragment […] The post Wizards vs. Heat Game Preview: “Something Special Begins” appeared first on Hoop District.
- Wizards make rapper Wale new 'creative liaison' for team October 29, 2014washington wizards, wale, rapper, create liaison, perform, bucks, home opener, dc
- Free of Expectations, the Miami Heat See Path to Success October 30, 2014The Heat’s first season in the post-LeBron James era probably won’t be a championship run, but the act of overachievement in the face of utter dismissal can be recalled as fondly as winning it all.
- Wizards Expect Paul Pierce to Lead Way October 24, 2014The Wizards won 44 games last season after the emergence of point guard John Wall, then added Paul Pierce, for his scoring, leadership and playoff wisdom.
- Carmelo Anthony Paces Knicks October 23, 2014Carmelo Anthony scored 30 points as the host Knicks overcame a 10-point deficit late in the third quarter to beat the Washington Wizards in a preseason game.
- Four Wizards Players Suspended October 9, 2014The Washington Wizards’ DeJuan Blair, Nene, Daniel Orton and Xavier Silas were each suspended for one regular-season game for leaving the bench area during an altercation between Washington’s Paul Pierce and Chicago’s Joakim Noah in an...
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.