Washington Wizards Links of Interest
Washington Wizards Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Washington Wizards
Quick searches for Washington Wizards on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Washington Wizards News
- Watch Ben Gordon, Marcin Gortat and Courtney Lee in pickup hoops August 30, 2014Ben Gordon joined Marcin Gortat, Courtney Lee and Austin Rivers for some pick up basketball at Englewood Neighborhood Center. Thanks to Home Team Hoops, we have some footage of the games. Gordon has some highlights and showed some spring in getting to the basket. [h/t Adam Papageorgiou, Orlando Magic Greek]
- Kobe Bryant Taking Cues From Paul Pierce’s Game August 29, 2014Kobe Bryant turned 36 years old last weekend and is entering his 18th NBA season. Add to that he’s coming off an injury, it’s not hard to envision some significant changes to his game. Bryant has reportedly looked to a former foe for inspiration on changing up his game, Paul Pierce. In preparing for this season, Bryant told friends that the player he is analyzing, as an example of adjusting your game as you get older, is fellow 36-year-old Paul Pierce. This is part of his goal to become “more efficient” on the court. Said Bryant, “I’m going to max [my last two years] out too, to do whatever I can. Leave no stone unturned, no water left in the sponge.” “There are certain things that my body can’t do that I used to be able to do,” Bryant admits. “And you have to be able to deal with those.” Pierce is still finessing his old man game. He signed a two-year deal with the Washington Wizards this off season. The final two years of Kobe’s career will be interesting.
- Report: Kobe studying Paul Pierce to help adjust his game August 28, 2014Kobe Bryant, like the great athletes before him, study and adapt their games to put them in the best position to be successful. Bryant is now 36, and will likely never have the springs that he once had. In order to make himself as productive as he can be, Bryant is stealing a page from Michael Jordan, and evolving his game. According to James Herbert of Eye on Basketball, Bryant is studying Paul Pierce’s game to help himself become more efficient as he loses a step. In preparing for this season, Bryant told friends that the player he is analyzing, as an example of adjusting your game as you get older, is fellow 36-year-old Paul Pierce. This is part of his goal to become “more efficient” on the court. Said Bryant, “I’m going to max [my last two years] out too, to do whatever I can. Leave no stone unturned, no water left in the sponge.” All eyes will be on Bryant to see if he’s done, simply a pretty good player, or a guy who’ll become an efficient assassin well into his 40′s.
- Washington Wizards: Will Otto Porter Emerge In 2014-15? August 27, 2014“With the third pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, the Washington Wizards select Otto Porter Jr. from Georgetown University.” That was about as much excitement that came with the name Otto Porter Jr. in the NBA last season. Porter, the 2013 Big East Player of the Year and first team All-American, had an extremely disappointing […] Washington Wizards: Will Otto Porter Emerge In 2014-15? - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Washington Wizards: Advanced Metrics, Ugly John Wall Truth August 27, 2014I’m not a stats geek, but I can appreciate some of the advanced metrics in the NBA. There’s an inherent need in all of us to quantify what an individual contributes to the team and those metrics do a lot to help us out. Sometimes the metrics pump out an ugly truth we don’t want […] Washington Wizards: Advanced Metrics, Ugly John Wall Truth - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- Wizards Guarantee a Contract June 29, 2014Andre Miller’s agent said he had been told by the Washington Wizards that the team would guarantee Andre Miller’s contract for $4.6 million in 2014-15.
- Pacers Move On to a Rematch With the Heat May 16, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers signed Coach Terry Stotts to a multiyear contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
- Controlling The Boards, The Wizards Remain Alive May 14, 2014Marcin Gortat and John Wall combined for 58 points as Washington romped at Indiana to force a Game 6 in the series.
- George and Indiana Erase 19-Point Washington Lead May 12, 2014Behind Paul George’s 39-point, 12-rebound effort, the Pacers rallied to beat the Wizards, whose bench had a 32-2 advantage in scoring.