Washington Wizards Links of Interest
Washington Wizards Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Washington Wizards
Quick searches for Washington Wizards on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Washington Wizards News
- John Wall is Guiding the Washington Wizards to One of Its Best Records in Franchise History January 31, 2015John Wall #2 of the Washington Wizards goes up for a shot against the Los Angeles Lakers at STAPLES Center. (Mandatory Credit: ESPN\Getty Images). In his fifth season, John Wall is guiding the Wizards to one of its best records in franchise history, while putting up some of his best numbers yet. Wall, the number one pick in the 2010 draft is finally proving to be more of a shooting threat then he was a few years ago. He is shooting 46.2% from the field, seventh in the league among point guards and 49.5% from two-point range, fourth among point guards. Although at 30.2% he isn’t yet a deep threat, defenders are forced to respect his mid-range game and guard him closer, especially in transition. The added pressure on Wall is helping him dish to the open cutters. This year Wall is third in assist opportunities with 19 per game, and second in assists at at 10.1 per game. This is up from 17.2 opportunities and 8.9 assists per game last season. While his pull-up jump shot isn’t automatic...
- John Wall’s Ailments Come at Inopportune Time for Wizards January 31, 2015John Wall is unsure of his status for Saturday’s game vs. the Toronto Raptors. The Washington Wizards point guard is dealing with a right ankle sprain and constant migraines. He gutted through the ailments during the Wizards’ four-game road trip this past week. Wall had been dealing with sprained ankles, suffered earlier this season, and they were on the verge of healing when he stepped on a cameraman sitting courtside during the Wizards’ comeback win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday. In the game Wall scored 21 points and added 13 assists and nine rebounds. Think this is where Wall got hurt. Right foot on baseline cameraman. Left Achilles was sore. #Wizards https://t.co/sS05IWduWE — Kyle Weidie (@Truth_About_It) January 28, 2015 What was evident going through the tough stretch of four games in five days, Wall was ailing. After hobbling around the Staples Center on Tuesday, he was back on the court Wednesday night in Phoenix. Wall later admitted he should not have played, and he would
- Washington Wizards continue to struggle against elite teams January 31, 2015The Washington Wizards concluded their Western conference road trip Wednesday night with a 106-98 loss to the Phoenix Suns. The loss makes the Wizards 2-2 on their four game road trip and 2-3 in their last five games, all against Western conference opponents. In fact, the Wizards are 11-8 versus the Western conference this season. Diving a little bit deeper, the Wizards are 6-0 against the bottom five teams of the West and only 5-8 against the top 10 teams, with two of those wins coming against the New Orleans Pelicans. A disturbing trend begins to appear: the Wizards seemingly cannot beat the top teams of the Western conference. Against the West’s top 10, the Wizards are averaging 96.6 points per game while allowing 100.3 a game. The Wizards have given up just over three points more a game to the top of the West than their season average and allow just under three more points a game. That is about a six point swing when it comes to quality opponents out of the Western conference. These struggles against th
- Did Randy Wittman’s Trust in Bench Cost Wizards? January 29, 2015Playing in their fourth game in five nights, the Washington Wizards limped into Phoenix to close out their west coast road trip against the Suns. John Wall was ailing with a sprained ankle, migraines that he had been suffering through the past week, and depending on who you asked a possible sore Achilles. Meanwhile Paul Pierce was slowed by a nagging toe on his left foot that held him out of the previous night’s win in Los Angeles. In addition to their two leaders, Nene’ was out of the lineup with a sore foot. The odds were stacked against the Wizards, and pulling out a third win in their four-game road trip would be just short of a miracle. And for the first 24 minutes, Washington looked every bit of a team just wishing for finality so they could get on the plane and head back home. They fell behind by as many as 22 points. Wall limped around the court whenever there was stoppage in the game. Bradley Beal failed to find rhythm, shooting 3 of 10 from the field in the first half. Pierce missed all five o
- Game Notebook 47: Wizards at Suns: Wiz end road trip with baffling blunders January 29, 2015Suns 106 Wizards 98 January 28, 2015 – US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ Welp. It’s finally over. This whole road trip had us all like: Four games, on the road, two of which were wins (or I could be a dick and point out two of which were losses). Three of the four games left […] The post Game Notebook 47: Wizards at Suns: Wiz end road trip with baffling blunders appeared first on Hoop District.
- Wizards’ Big Men Lead Surge Over Nets January 18, 2015Nene and Marcin Gortat made up for less impressive shooting by John Wall, Bradley Beal and Paul Pierce as Washington won at Barclays Center.
- Pistons, Led by Kyle Singler, Defeat 76ers January 18, 2015Singler scored 20 points, and Greg Monroe had a double-double as Detroit routed visiting Philadelphia.
- Lopez Helps Nets Rout Wizards to Stop 7-Game Skid January 17, 2015Brook Lopez and Jarrett Jack each scored 26 points as the visiting Nets broke a seven-game losing streak with a 102-80 win over the Washington Wizards.
- Wizards Overcome Derrick Rose and the Bulls January 15, 2015Paul Pierce had 22 points, and the Washington Wizards beat the Chicago Bulls, 105-99, even as Derrick Rose had a season-high 32 points.
- N.B.A. Game of the Week: Wizards at Bulls January 12, 2015Washington and Chicago, teams with towering frontcourts, All-Star point guards and tough defenses, have looked impressive near the top of the Eastern Conference standings.