Washington Wizards Links of Interest
Washington Wizards Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Washington Wizards
Quick searches for Washington Wizards on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Washington Wizards News
- John Wall to attend Team USA camp July 25, 2014Washington Wizards guard John Wall has accepted USA Basketball's invitation to attend its training camp next week in Las Vegas, according to sources close to the situation. Sources told ESPN.com that USAB has wanted Wall in camp for weeks and merely wanted to make sure that the Wizards' All-Star was able to play at full capacity after a longer-than-expected season before making it official. In a breakout season for both him and his team, Wall made the Eastern Conference All-Star squad and led the Wizards to the second round of the playoffs after his omission from Team USA's original pool of players announced in January.
- What About Those Washington Wizards? July 25, 2014The 2014 NBA offseason has been smothered by Melo Drama, The Decision Part Deux, and where o’ where will Kevin Love will play next season. Now, these subjects deserve our attention because of the way they have and could potentially change the NBA, more specifically the Eastern Conference landscape. As... The post What About Those Washington Wizards? appeared first on Hoops-Nation.
- John Wall Invited to Team USA Basketball Training Camp July 24, 2014It came as a bit of a surprise when Washington Wizards All-Star point guard John Wall was left off the initial Team USA Basketball roster. Not having Wall on the initial roster isn’t something that should get read into too much. There is a lot of talent on Team USA and only so many roster spots, especially at point guard. It just so happens Wall will be on the training camp roster: Just got word that the Wizards’ John Wall WILL be in Team USA camp starting Monday in Las Vegas — Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 24, 2014 Wall was natural invite for USA Basketball and joins Chandler Parsons and DeMar DeRozan as additions to initial Team USA roster from January — Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 24, 2014 On July 31, 2013, Wall signed a five-year contract extension worth approximately $80 million. He then went on to lead the wizards to a first-round series win over the Chicago Bulls before bowing out ot the Indian Pacers in the second round. Want to continue this Kentucky wildcats discussion? Th
- Wizards hold 15th spot open for Al Harrington July 24, 2014As stated here previously, the Wizards aren't in any rush to fill their 15th and final roster spot because training camp still is almost two full months away. But it appears, based on what CSNwashington.com has learned since Las Vegas summer league, that it will be for Al Harrington's taking. Harrington helped coach the summer league team to the tournament semifinals. In his first season with Washington last year, signing as a free agent, Harrington missed 47 games because of a troublesome right knee that required surgery in December. When he was healthy, Harrington showed why he could be so valuable. He was able to beat his man off the dribble, back him down on the low block and later in the season the three-point stroke of the stretch power forward made appearances, too. Still, it wasn't an ideal fit because of health issues. Harrington had surgery on his left shoulder after the season ended but is trim and already in shape. How Harrington feels after he goes throu...
- ‘Forward’ thinking: while bolstering frontcourt, Wizards show they have a plan July 23, 2014You’d be hard pressed to find a Wizard fan who isn’t reasonably excited about what’s taken place in this summers relatively unique free agency. While LeBron’s desires on where to play kept the rest of the NBA in limbo, the Wizards clearly had a plan. The Wizards have been and had a lot of things […] The post ‘Forward’ thinking: while bolstering frontcourt, Wizards show they have a plan appeared first on Hoop District.
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- Wizards Guarantee a Contract June 29, 2014Andre Miller’s agent said he had been told by the Washington Wizards that the team would guarantee Andre Miller’s contract for $4.6 million in 2014-15.
- Pacers Move On to a Rematch With the Heat May 16, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers signed Coach Terry Stotts to a multiyear contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
- Controlling The Boards, The Wizards Remain Alive May 14, 2014Marcin Gortat and John Wall combined for 58 points as Washington romped at Indiana to force a Game 6 in the series.
- George and Indiana Erase 19-Point Washington Lead May 12, 2014Behind Paul George’s 39-point, 12-rebound effort, the Pacers rallied to beat the Wizards, whose bench had a 32-2 advantage in scoring.