Washington Wizards Links of Interest
Washington Wizards Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Washington Wizards
Quick searches for Washington Wizards on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Washington Wizards News
- Joakim Noah and Tom Thibodeau: Yogis? October 25, 2014Joakim Noah is an instigator on the court, and has been known to lose his cool from time to time. Most recently, we saw him rub Paul Pierce the wrong way. Pierce countered with a vicious poke to the forehead, but cooler heads eventually prevailed. Thibs himself was the primary barrier between Noah and Pierce, who were both red hot. Getty ImagesHis calm in that moment is apparently not representative of his normal temperament. According to Noah, he thinks his coach could benefit from some spiritual healing off the court. In an interview with the Daily Beast, Noah had this to say: Q: Coach Thibodeau always looks like he’s on the verge of an aneurism. What, if anything, could you do to calm him down? A: He looks like that whether he’s happy or sad. But I’d have him do yoga with me. He could use that.Picturing those two bent over in awkward positions and tight pants certainly isn't a nice visual. Hopefully we will never have to actually see it, and Thibs will continue to don a su...
- Paul Pierce: Days Of NBA Players Staying With One Team Are ‘Long Gone’ October 23, 2014We might never again see an NBA legend spend the entirety of his career with one team. That is the mindset of Paul Pierce, who is with his second team in two years after spending the first 15 seasons of his career with the Boston Celtics. And, to Pierce, that’s not a bad thing. “The days are long gone of seeing that one player married to one franchise,” the 37-year-old told The Associated Press. “I was lucky to play (in Boston for) 15 years, Kobe (Bryant)’s lucky to play as many years, (Tim) Duncan, Dirk (Nowitzki). But I think those days are over, to where you’re going to see star players in different places, and it’s going to create more balance. “People love, they can’t wait for the NBA Finals, but they can’t wait for offseason moves, either. It’s a great thing for our league.” Pierce joined the Washington Wizards this summer after spending last season with former Celtics teammate Kevin Garnett in Brooklyn. Despite the late-career team jumping, Pierce knows most fans still — an
- Game Notebook: Wizards at Knicks October 23, 2014Knicks 103 Wizards 100 October 22, 2014 – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY Game Stats Play of the Night John Wall + Nene = Otto The fluidity of a John Wall-led break when guys know their position. Kudos to Otto Porter for properly adjusting himself to the rim after Wall makes initial pass to […] The post Game Notebook: Wizards at Knicks appeared first on Hoop District.
- 2014-15 NBA Previews: Washington Wizards October 22, 2014There has been little wizardry in Washington over the past few years. The Arenas-Butler-Jamison core failed, and Arenas went into a tailspin. Washington got so bad they were granted the first pick, and finally after a few tries they made it to the post-season. After paying premium to make it there, there’s a question of what happens now with this mix of young guys and veterans in their 30′s. 2014 in review The Wizards were criticized for letting a draft pick go for Gortat and Okafor’s expiring contract, but it accomplished what they were aiming for: they made the playoffs and with a good seed too. The draft pick they lost was turned into Tyler Ennis, an 18th pick who by judging similar guys in that draft slot probably won’t be a major piece. Gortat saved a Washington frontcourt beset by injuries when Okafor was lost (and eventually traded) to a neck injury and the threat of Nene’s constant problems. Ariza had a career year, feasting on corner three’s and clearing 40%. With the young Beal and Wall
- 2014-15 Washington Wizards: What does each player need to do? October 22, 2014Photo Credit: wizofawes.com The NBA pre-season is almost complete. Exhibition games featuring unfamiliar teams and players are done . The Washington Wizards, coming off an appearance in the Eastern Conference semi-finals last season, seem poised to go a bit further in this campaign. At present, Washington is 4-3 in the preseason, with a game at New York on Wednesday to finish the preseason schedule. The team opens the season with a Florida back-to-back on 29 October (at Miami) and 30 October (at Orlando). The Wizards’ home opener is 1 November, when Milwaukee comes to Verizon Center. Photo Credit: espn.go.com With teams like Miami (LeBron James) and Indiana (Paul George) losing key performers to free agency and injury, Washington may have an immediate window of opportunity. Maybe Ernie Grunfeld and coach Randy Wittman couldn’t plan for this window, but it’s here nonetheless. Now, how will the team take advantage? The present Washington roster has a nice mix of youth, experience, speed, strength and d
- Wizards Expect Paul Pierce to Lead Way October 24, 2014The Wizards won 44 games last season after the emergence of point guard John Wall, then added Paul Pierce, for his scoring, leadership and playoff wisdom.
- Carmelo Anthony Paces Knicks October 23, 2014Carmelo Anthony scored 30 points as the host Knicks overcame a 10-point deficit late in the third quarter to beat the Washington Wizards in a preseason game.
- Four Wizards Players Suspended October 9, 2014The Washington Wizards’ DeJuan Blair, Nene, Daniel Orton and Xavier Silas were each suspended for one regular-season game for leaving the bench area during an altercation between Washington’s Paul Pierce and Chicago’s Joakim Noah in an...
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- Wizards Guarantee a Contract June 29, 2014Andre Miller’s agent said he had been told by the Washington Wizards that the team would guarantee Andre Miller’s contract for $4.6 million in 2014-15.