Washington Wizards Links of Interest
Washington Wizards Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Washington Wizards
Quick searches for Washington Wizards on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Washington Wizards News
- Wizards reach out to Ray Allen, again September 21, 2014Photo: chatsports.com The Washington Wizards are showing that they are very serious about acquiring shooter Ray Allen. Washington has reached out to him yet again, in hopes of securing some depth behind Bradley Beal at the 2 spot according to CSNwashington.com. Despite having multiple teams interested in his services, Ray Allen is not 100% sure that he will play this year. The Wizards have not been given details concerning Allen’s future for next year and according to two people with knowledge of the situation, Allen’s agent, Jim Tanner, has not told the Wizards that they would not be an option. The Wizards’ training camp begins in just a couple of weeks on September 30th at Verizon Center. The Wizards are looking for shooting guards as they are more than happy with their depth in the front court. Washington went out and signed power forwards Kris Humphries and DeJuan Blair, who are both players that can contribute down low. Paul Pierce was also signed by the Wizards this off season, which was a very s
- Wizards reach out to Ray Allen again September 20, 2014The Wizards have reached out to Ray Allen -- again -- in hopes of convincing the 39-year-old, if he decides to play rather than retire, to come to D.C., CSNwashington.com confirmed via multiple persons with knowledge of the situation Friday. While making another contact, after doing so early in the free agent process that opened July 1, doesn't improve their chances of landing Allen it does impact the big picture for Washington. Training camp begins Sept. 30 at Verizon Center and as of Friday the Wizards have signed two players in Xavier Silas and Damion James. A team can carry as many as 20 players before the regular season begins, but given the Wizards are stocked in the frontcourt and looking for specifically shooting guards that narrows the pool significantly. They're likely to bring in 17-18 at the most. First, the Wizards are waiting to get a definitive answer from Allen if he's returning for another season. According to two people with knowledge of the situa...
- Former Washington Bullet Rex Chapman arrested for shoplifting at Apple store September 20, 2014In the ‘Where Are they Now?’ category, former Washington Bullets guard Rex Chapman was arrested in Arizona on charges of theft after allegedly stealing $14,000 worth of merchandise from an Apple store. MORE: Chapman is alleged to have swiped items through Apples' self-checkout & then sell them at a pawn shop for cash. pic.twitter.com/0kO6HJkJRI — AZ Family (@azfamily) September 19, 2014 According to ABC15.com, Chapman was charged with nine counts of theft and five counts of trafficking in stolen goods. Sgt. Mark Clark said Rex Chapman is alleged to have picked up items in the store, located near Scottsdale Road and Greenway, and made it appear that he was paying for the items through the store’s self-checkout. He would then leave the store without actually paying for the items. He reportedly took the items to a local pawn shop and sold the goods for cash. Chapman, 46, played four of his 12 NBA seasons with the Bullets (now Wizards) from 1991-1995. He had his best statis...
- Report: Wizards once again reached out to Ray Allen September 19, 2014Earlier this summer the Washington Wizards reportedly reached out to Ray Allen to see if he would be interested in joining his former teammate Paul Pierce in coming to Washington. While Allen continues to weigh his options on either returning to the NBA for his 19th season or settling for retirement, J. Michael of CSNWashington.com reports the Wizards have reached out once again to Allen. The Wizards have reached out to Ray Allen — again — in hopes of convincing the 39-year-old, if he decides to play rather than retire, to come to D.C., CSNwashington.com confirmed via multiple persons with knowledge of the situation Friday. The Wizards are looking for depth at the shooting guard position, as well as replacing the offensive production from three-point range lost by the departure of Trevor Ariza to the Houston Rockets. Pierce fills the hole some with his range, but Allen’s ability to run the floor makes him another suitable option for the Wizards’ offensive scheme. Can you imagine ...
- Wizards don't appear interested in J.J. Barea anymore September 19, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves have been trying to get someone to take J.J. Barea off their hands for quite some time, and the latest report says he'll either be traded or bought out of his contract and released. It doesn't appear the Wizards, who came close to trading for him last season, will jump to get him now barring an 11th-hour change of course. The Wizards need another guard, and at the Feb. 20 trade deadline they'd offered Jan Vesely or Chris Singleton for Barea, CSNwashington.com confirmed through people with knowledge of the situation at that time and again late Thursday. The Denver Nuggets, however, agreed to send Andre Miller to the Wizards for Vesely in a three-team trade that also involved the Philadelphia 76ers. Singleton wasn't retained in free agency. Barea has languished in a crowded backcourt and with a franchise that had lacked direction until Milt Newton, formerly of the Wizards' front office, took over last as GM year. Former Wizards coach ...
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- Wizards Guarantee a Contract June 29, 2014Andre Miller’s agent said he had been told by the Washington Wizards that the team would guarantee Andre Miller’s contract for $4.6 million in 2014-15.
- Pacers Move On to a Rematch With the Heat May 16, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers signed Coach Terry Stotts to a multiyear contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
- Controlling The Boards, The Wizards Remain Alive May 14, 2014Marcin Gortat and John Wall combined for 58 points as Washington romped at Indiana to force a Game 6 in the series.
- George and Indiana Erase 19-Point Washington Lead May 12, 2014Behind Paul George’s 39-point, 12-rebound effort, the Pacers rallied to beat the Wizards, whose bench had a 32-2 advantage in scoring.