Washington Wizards Links of Interest
Washington Wizards Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Washington Wizards
Quick searches for Washington Wizards on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Washington Wizards News
- 2014-15 NBA Previews: Washington Wizards October 22, 2014There has been little wizardry in Washington over the past few years. The Arenas-Butler-Jamison core failed, and Arenas went into a tailspin. Washington got so bad they were granted the first pick, and finally after a few tries they made it to the post-season. After paying premium to make it there, there’s a question of what happens now with this mix of young guys and veterans in their 30′s. 2014 in review The Wizards were criticized for letting a draft pick go for Gortat and Okafor’s expiring contract, but it accomplished what they were aiming for: they made the playoffs and with a good seed too. The draft pick they lost was turned into Tyler Ennis, an 18th pick who by judging similar guys in that draft slot probably won’t be a major piece. Gortat saved a Washington frontcourt beset by injuries when Okafor was lost (and eventually traded) to a neck injury and the threat of Nene’s constant problems. Ariza had a career year, feasting on corner three’s and clearing 40%. With the young Beal and Wall
- 2014-15 Washington Wizards: What does each player need to do? October 22, 2014Photo Credit: wizofawes.com The NBA pre-season is almost complete. Exhibition games featuring unfamiliar teams and players are done . The Washington Wizards, coming off an appearance in the Eastern Conference semi-finals last season, seem poised to go a bit further in this campaign. At present, Washington is 4-3 in the preseason, with a game at New York on Wednesday to finish the preseason schedule. The team opens the season with a Florida back-to-back on 29 October (at Miami) and 30 October (at Orlando). The Wizards’ home opener is 1 November, when Milwaukee comes to Verizon Center. Photo Credit: espn.go.com With teams like Miami (LeBron James) and Indiana (Paul George) losing key performers to free agency and injury, Washington may have an immediate window of opportunity. Maybe Ernie Grunfeld and coach Randy Wittman couldn’t plan for this window, but it’s here nonetheless. Now, how will the team take advantage? The present Washington roster has a nice mix of youth, experience, speed, strength and d
- NBA 30 Teams/30 Days Preview: Washington Wizards October 22, 2014Editor's note: This is the 20th of Sam Amico's 30 NBA team previews entering the 2014-15 season. Projected Starters C Marcin Gortat; PF Nene Hilario; SF Paul Pierce; SG Bradley Beal (when healthy); PG John Wall. Key Reserves G-F Martell Webster; PF Kris Humphries; PF-C DeJuan Blair; SF Otto Porter Jr.; C Kevin Seraphin; PG Andre Miller; PF Drew Gooden; SG Glen Rice Jr.; SF Rasual Butler; SF Damian James. Coach Randy Wittman, ninth year (fourth with Wizards). Not too many folks figured Wittman would have this job when the Wizards became relevant. Even Wittman may not have thought so. But he is here, and the Wizards are challengers in the East. That's not a coincidence. Wittman isn't a screamer and doesn't get in the players' faces. He teaches the NBA game he played, and his team has responded. He may not be a big name, but he is a match for this roster. That's, like, 90 percent of it.. Strengths When it comes to pure speed with the ball, Wall is right up t...
- Wizards officially unveil their new alternate uniforms October 21, 2014The Washington Wizards have officially unveiled their new navy alternate uniforms in the upcoming 2014-15 season. via Washington Wizards The Wizards will wear the alternates on every Wednesday game this season that covers 13 games, 11 road games and two home games. They announced the schedule for the uniform combination. Oct. 29 @ Miami Heat Nov. 26 @ Cleveland Cavaliers DEC. 3 VS. LOS ANGELES LAKERS Dec. 10 @ Orlando Magic Jan. 14 @ Chicago Bulls Jan. 28 @ Phoenix Suns Feb. 4 @ Atlanta Hawks Feb. 11 @ Toronto Raptors Feb. 25 @ Minnesota Timberwolves Mar. 18 @ Utah Jazz MAR. 25 VS. INDIANA PACERS Apr. 8 @ Philadelphia 76ers Apr. 15 @ Cleveland Cavaliers via Washington Wizards via Washington Wizards via Washington Wizards The team also announced they will wear their road red jerseys for two home games — Nov. 21 vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers and Apr. 3 vs. the New York Knicks. Who didn’t imagine the “Bullets” with a blue alternate during the 1980s and 1990s? Fast forward to 2014, a...
- Wizards announce alternate jersey schedule October 21, 2014One of the offseason splashes for the Wizards this past summer was the unveiling of their new navy alternate jerseys as first modeled by Glen Rice Jr. With the vast improvement of the team and the continued high expectations this season the team probably felt it was time to offer fans a new fashion look. […] The post Wizards announce alternate jersey schedule appeared first on Hoop District.
- Four Wizards Players Suspended October 9, 2014The Washington Wizards’ DeJuan Blair, Nene, Daniel Orton and Xavier Silas were each suspended for one regular-season game for leaving the bench area during an altercation between Washington’s Paul Pierce and Chicago’s Joakim Noah in an...
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- Wizards Guarantee a Contract June 29, 2014Andre Miller’s agent said he had been told by the Washington Wizards that the team would guarantee Andre Miller’s contract for $4.6 million in 2014-15.
- Pacers Move On to a Rematch With the Heat May 16, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers signed Coach Terry Stotts to a multiyear contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
- Controlling The Boards, The Wizards Remain Alive May 14, 2014Marcin Gortat and John Wall combined for 58 points as Washington romped at Indiana to force a Game 6 in the series.