Washington Wizards Links of Interest
Washington Wizards Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Washington Wizards
Quick searches for Washington Wizards on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Washington Wizards News
- Wizards vs. Nuggets game preview: “So what was all that one in a million talk?” December 9, 2013Denver (12-8) at Washington (9-10) December 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM Verizon Center, Washington, DC TV: CSN Washington Radio: 106.7FM The Fan Projected starting lineups: Washington Wizards C- Marcin Gortat, PF- Jan Vesely, SF- Trevor Ariza, SG- The ghost of Gilbert Arenas? or Garrett Temple, PG- John Wall Denver Nuggets C– J.J. Hickson, F- Kenneth […]The post Wizards vs. Nuggets game preview: “So what was all that one in a million talk?” appeared first on Hoop District.
- Wizards plan to ease Otto Porter Jr. back into the fold December 9, 2013Otto Porter Jr. has joined the Wizards at a time when they have been hit with another wave of injuries, but Coach Randy Wittman has no intention of placing a heavy load upon a rookie who is still getting acclimated to the NBA after missing nearly three months with a strained right hip flexor. “I can’t get the cart ahead of the horse here,” Wittman said. “I’ve got to make sure he gets comfortable, his conditioning. He said his legs felt like Jell-O out there a little bit, the first time he was out there. Keep monitoring that.” Wittman inserted Porter at the start of the second quarter of the Wizards’ 109-105 overtime loss to the Milwaukee Bucks, right after Martell Webster ended the first period by missing a desperation three-pointer and spraining his left ankle. Porter admitted that he was overwhelmed by emotion in his NBA debut. He traveled after touching the ball on offense the first time, picked up a quick foul and later shot an airball on his first shot attempt. Wittman was ...
- Wizards' power forward Nene not optimistic about playing Monday December 9, 2013The Washington Wizards lost on Friday to the Milwaukee Bucks, 109-105 in overtime. The loss dropped the Wizards to 9-10 and 3rd in the Southeast Division. Power forward Nene, who played 25 minutes and scored 10 points in the loss, is uncertain to play on Monday.J. Michael, Wizards insider for CSNWashington.com tweeted the following about Nene's status.Nene just talked. Doesn't sound optimistic about playing Mon. Said he was "suffering" #WizardsTalk #NBA #WizNuggets— J. Michael (@JMichaelCSN) December 7, 2013Nene missed the second and third games of the season, losses to the 76ers and Heat. He also missed the November 29th game, a 93-73 blowout against the Indiana Pacers. The Wizards are 0-3 without Nene and 9-7 with him in the lineup. With Al Harrington also out, if Nene cannot play on Monday against the Nuggets, expect Trevor Booker or Jan Vesely to start at power forward.Booker is averaging 4.1 points and 4.2 rebounds, in 15 minutes per game. Vesely is av...
- The Sixers should consider calling up Kendall Marshall December 7, 2013Addition: Earlier this week, the Delaware Sevens claimed former lotto pick Kendall Marshall, as I documented here for Philly.com Since this acquisition, I've began to think that Marshall makes some sense for the Sixers, at least to try out. The Sixers are using the season to try out a rotation of talent, and it only seems logical that Marshall would get a shot. The team has been in need of a back-up point guard all season, and with his size, athleticism, and ability to run the break, Marshall may make a nice fit in Brett Brown's system. Tony Wroten, while he has done decently filling in for Carter-Williams when he has been unable to play, may be better suited as a back-up scorer, rather than point man. He is often erratic, and makes some mistakes. He likes to put his head down and drive to the basket; a style which would be better suited off ball. Darius Morris was given an opportunity earlier this season, and currently Lorenzo Brown is getting some burn. Brown however has b...
- Game recap- Wizards “can’t catch a break;” falter to Bucks in OT December 7, 2013Bucks 109 Wizards 105 (OT) December 7, 2013 Verizon Center, Washington, DC NBA.com highlights “We can’t catch a break.” That was John Wall’s remark after a reporter pointed out the headwind of losing Martell Webster on the same night Otto Porter made his career debut. But even before Webster went down, the Wizards sagged onto […]The post Game recap- Wizards “can’t catch a break;” falter to Bucks in OT appeared first on Hoop District.
- Spurs Lose First at Home As Rockets Hold Off Rally December 1, 2013John Wall had 26 points and 12 assists, and Trevor Ariza scored 24 points for the Washington Wizards to beat the Atlanta Hawks.
- Pacers Improve to 15-1 November 30, 2013Paul George scored 23 points to lead the Indiana Pacers past the injury-hampered Washington Wizards, extending their best start in franchise history.
- Wizards Edge Past the Lakers November 27, 2013John Wall stayed hot with 31 points and 9 assists and Nene had a career-high 30 points as host Washington ended Los Angeles’s three-game winning streak.
- West Looms as Knicks Keep Going South November 24, 2013The Knicks’ struggles continued and this time, they could not contain Washington’s high-octane point guard, John Wall.
- Durant Caps Rally With Win Over Wizards November 11, 2013Kevin Durant scored 33 points, including a tying 3-pointer late in regulation and foul shots in overtime, to lead the Oklahoma City Thunder past the Washington Wizards.