Washington Wizards Links of Interest
Washington Wizards Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Washington Wizards
Quick searches for Washington Wizards on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Washington Wizards News
- Wizards playoff ticket prices have soared by 108.1% April 24, 2014Photo: www.rantsports.com According to a report released by Forbes.com today, the Washington Wizards profile as well as their ticket prices have soared in the past week. Since taking a surprising 2-0 series lead against the fourth seeded Bulls in Chicago, Wizards ticket prices for their next homes games have skyrocketed. In the secondary market (think StubHub), Wizards home tickets have increased by 88% over the past week and a total of 108.1% since the end of the regular season. Talk about a shift. On Sunday, the average Wizard playoff ticket at Verizon Center cost $236.42. Today just three days later, the average ticket to get you into Verizon Center for playoff basketball will cost you $293.65. Additionally, Washington now has the highest playoff premium over their regular season ticket cost, rising to a whopping 339.58% increase. Meanwhile, Chicago Bulls home tickets for the remainder of this series have dropped in cost by 9.6% after the Wizards took control of the series. At this rate, Ch
- Wizards' Bradley Beal Pours It On Chicago Bulls For 2-0 Series Lead April 23, 2014The Washington Wizards win big on the road again, stealing Game 2 from the Chicago Bulls in overtime led by shooting guard Bradley Beal. The second-year player with zero playoff experience showcased he has arrived as a bonafide scorer in the NBA. Beal scorched the Bulls for 26 points (9-of-20 from field), seven rebounds and two steals. Tom Thibodeau's Bulls breathe defense, but somehow, could not contain Beal's penetration down the lane and success from beyond the arch, as he connected on 4-of-7 of his three-point attempts. The Wizards' Big Three of Nene, John Wall and Beal poured it on offensively to gain the 2-0 lead heading home on Friday to Washington. Nene troubled Defensive Player of the Year Joakim Noah with his ability to shoot the basketball efficiently outside the painted area. Nene added 17 points (8-of-13 shooting), seven rebounds and three assists. With Noah defending Nene outside of his comfort zone, this allowed Beal and John Wall to opera...
- We’re Here: The Washington Wizards Have Something To Say To The World April 23, 2014The Washington Wizards have something to say. Two games into their 2014 NBA playoff run, and they have already quieted naysayers in a fashion that many didn’t think was possible. Last night they took a 2-0 lead in their series against the Chicago Bulls, and now there is a very real possibility that this team […] The post We’re Here: The Washington Wizards Have Something To Say To The World appeared first on The Sports Fan Journal.
- Game 2 Afterthoughts: The sports world is on notice April 23, 2014The hours leading up to last night’s Wizards vs. Bulls matchup had an ominous, mass-bearing feel to them. My team – my team – had done the improbable and stolen Game 1 of the series from a Bulls team that, while superbly coached, is frankly known more for attributes other than actually putting the ball […] The post Game 2 Afterthoughts: The sports world is on notice appeared first on Hoop District.
- Washington Wizards: Guard play 2.0 April 23, 2014Maturation of the Wizards’ guards is a big reason why they hold a 2-0 lead over the Bulls. It is the dawn of a new era of playoff success for the Washington Wizards and much of that success is due to the maturation of the guards on the roster. The Wizards slipped past the Bulls 101-99 in a seesaw battle on Tuesday night. As a result, head coach Randy Wittman and his pesky bunch have totally taken the momentum with a 2-0 series lead over the Bulls. Much of Washington’s prosperity in the two playoff games stems from the tremendous efforts that three particular guards have given. Start off with Bradley Beal. This 20-year-old shooting guard is a gifted scorer,who averaged 17.3 points in the regular season. Beal scored a game-high 26 points and shot 4-7 from behind the arc in the victory over the Bulls in game 2. Obviously, the big stage does not shake this guy’s confidence one bit. Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich got a little tangled up with Beal in the 2nd quarter of game 2 and things got ...
- Wizards Beat Bulls at Their Own Gritty Game April 21, 2014Led by Nene’s 24 points, the Wizards erased a 13-point deficit against a team known for its toughness and seized a 1-0 series lead.
- Nets Get 6th Seed and Will Face Raptors April 17, 2014The Nets lost to the Cavaliers, 114-85, allowing the Wizards to pass them for the Eastern Conference’s fifth seed. Washington will face the Bulls in the first round of the playoffs while the Nets will travel to Toronto.
- As Season Nears End, Wizards Can Rise or Fall April 16, 2014The Wizards, the sixth seed entering Tuesday’s games, could rise to No. 5 or fall to No. 7 depending on the results of the remaining games.
- Heat Loss Gives Pacers No. 1 Seed April 15, 2014The Miami Heat opted to rest LeBron James and Chris Bosh, and the host Washington Wizards capitalized with a 114-93 victory Monday that clinched the No. 1 seed for the Indiana Pacers.
- Knicks Fall to Washington, and Drop Behind Atlanta April 5, 2014Needing to keep pace with Atlanta in the Eastern Conference playoff race, the Knicks dropped a home-court game against Washington by a point.