Washington Wizards Links of Interest
Washington Wizards Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Washington Wizards
Quick searches for Washington Wizards on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Washington Wizards News
- Paul Pierce Says Washington Wizards Must Build Better Habits December 21, 2014Paul Pierce is looking to build a winning culture in Washington. According to ESPN, Paul Pierce is not completely impressed with the Washington Wizards early season success and thinks the team needs to “build better habits.” Following a 105-103 victory over the Miami Heat on Friday, the veteran said “It’s not about today, winning the game today and how we won. We’re building habits for the great teams, we’re building habits for the playoffs, and that’s what I’m looking at each and every night.” Pierce is averaging 13.2 points and 4.7 rebounds per game as the Wizards have a 19-6 record, 2nd best in the East. The post Paul Pierce Says Washington Wizards Must Build Better Habits appeared first on Basketball Bicker by Joey.
- Marcin Gortat Gets Free Chick-Fil-A And Loves Every Bite December 20, 2014Marcin Gortat was greeted with free Chick-Fil-A and couldn't stop smiling about it.
- The Wizards Are Really Good At Shooting Threes And Should Probably Shoot More Of Them December 19, 2014Here with your weekly look at the Wiz is Mr. Irrelevant contributing writer Bryan Frantz. Trevor Ariza led the Wizards in three-point attempts and makes last season by knocking down 180 of 442. Second in both categories was Martell Webster (146 of 372), followed by Bradley Beal (138 of 343) and John Wall (108 of 308). Wall’s jumper improved dramatically last year, so Wizards fans were hopeful about his shooting heading into this season. But Ariza went to the Rockets, Beal broke his wrist in early October and Webster had his third back surgery in late June. No other player got close to making 100 threes in a Wizards uniform last year. Al Harrington was the closest with just 34, and he most recently played in China. For these reasons, Washington wasn’t expected to be a real threat from downtown this year, especially early on with all the injuries. Yet more than a quarter of the way through the season, the Wizards lead the entire NBA in three-point percentage with a blistering 39.7 pe...
- Washington Wizards at Miami Heat game preview December 19, 2014TV: Sun Sports Time: Pregame coverage begins at 7 p.m. With John Wall directing the offense, the Washington Wizards have been difficult to slow down while compiling their best record in over 35 years. That certainly isn't a good sign for a Miami Heat team that has struggled to defend opponents on its own floor. Wall and the Southeast Division-leading Wizards look to add to their longest winning streak of the season Friday night when they try to send Miami to its longest home losing streak in almost seven years. After being named Eastern Conference Player of the Week for the fourth time, Wall finished with 21 points and matched a career high with 17 assists in a 109-95 home win over Minnesota on Tuesday. He had only three turnovers in what he described as his best performance as a Wizard. He's averaging a league-high 13.2 assists in December while ranking in the top 10 among starting point guards with a 3.13 assist-to-turnover ratio. "I think he still has the best ahead of him," coac...
- Wilbon angry at DC for not supporting Wizards December 18, 2014The Washington Wizards are out to a fast start with an 18-6 record and 13-2 at home. With this record, you’d fans would be flocking to the Verizon Center to support their team. However, on Friday against the Los Angeles Clippers, the attendance was well short of a sellout and that has ESPN’s Michael Wilbon seeing red. Wilbon called out DC fans during an appearance on Tony Kornheiser’s radio show this week: “… are the Redskins all that Washington can follow? They can’t follow two things, sports fans here? Because the Wizards are on to something, Tony. And I don’t mean they’re on to something because they’re not 9-20. First of all, even if they had a more mediocre record, they’re really, I think, one of the four or five most appealing teams in the entire league, in terms of the way they play, the chemistry they have on the court, the personalities. They seem to be just the nicest people. And I have now been around them for a couple of weeks over a period of time to just sort of observe,
- 3 Overtimes Are Too Much for the Spurs Yet Again December 20, 2014Damian Lillard scored 43 points for the Trail Blazers as they handed the Spurs their second straight defeat in triple overtime, the first time a team has played consecutive triple-overtime games since 1951.
- Grizzlies Halt Warriors’ 16-Game Winning Streak December 17, 2014Golden State had won 16 games in a row, the longest active streak in the N.B.A., entering the game against Memphis, which has now won five straight.
- Wizards Win in Double Overtime December 9, 2014John Wall scored 26 points, including Washington’s last 10, and the host Wizards rallied for a 133-132 win over the Boston Celtics.
- Boston Spoils Pierce’s Return December 8, 2014In several games this season, the Celtics had squandered big leads and ended up losing, but they held on against the Wizards and Paul Pierce.
- N.B.A. Game of the Week: Pelicans at Wizards November 24, 2014Saturday’s meeting between a potentially underrated New Orleans team and Washington will test the Wizards, who have performed well but have not yet had many tough opponents.