Orlando Magic Links of Interest
Orlando Magic Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Orlando Magic
Quick searches for Orlando Magic on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Orlando Magic News
- Victor Oladipo participates in the Magic's shootaround in Milwaukee March 10, 2014
- Where's the love for Urban Meyer, Dwight Howard? March 10, 2014
- The final weeks of the season could erode the Orlando Magic's chances in the 2014 NBA Draft Lottery March 10, 2014
- San Antonio Spurs beat the Orlando Magic 121-112 March 9, 2014
- Jacque Vaughn has internalized at least one aspect of Gregg Popovich's coaching philosophy March 8, 2014
- Game Preview: Orlando Magic at Milwaukee Bucks March 10, 2014The Orlando Magic are coming off of a 121-112 loss to the San Antonio Spurs. The Milwaukee Bucks were last in action Saturday when they were defeated by the Washington Wizards 114-107. These two teams met back on November 13. Arron Afflalo’s 36 points powered the Magic past the Bucks 94-91. They met again on January 31 and the Magic defeated the Bucks 113-102 behind Afflalo’s 21 points. They played for a third time on February 18 and the Bucks earned a 104-100 victory. The Magic are 19-45 and the Bucks are 12-50. The Magic rank 26th in offensive rating (99.3), 19th in defensive rating (104.5) and play at the league’s 17th-fastest pace (96.13). The Bucks are third-to-last in offensive rating (98.8) second-to-last in defensive rating (107.6) and play at the league’s 25th-fastest pace (94.19). Tip-off from the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is scheduled for 8:00 pm EST and will be shown locally on FS Florida. As always, if you can’t watch the game, yo...
- Week 20 NBA Waiver Wire: Moe Harkless lives! March 9, 2014Playoff races are happening. Rookies on teams competing for playoff positions will suffer, but young players on good teams will get a chance to step up, and a few fantasy gems may be revealed. Pick Up: If your team needs a high risk/high reward pick, Maurice Harkless is your guy. The 20-year-old Harkless’ upside dwarfs anyone else on the list, and his path to playing time appears to have become unclogged with Glen Davis’ buyout and Moe’s promotion to the starting five. In the last two weeks, his 12.3 points and 1.6 3 pointers may not overwhelm, but the 1.7 steals and 0.9 blocks would help most teams. He could do even better than that down the stretch. Don’t Pick Up: Matt Barnes had been getting more shots with Jamal Crawford. In his last 7 games he’s averaging 17.3 points, 3.3 threes, over 6 boards, over a steal and over half a block per game. Having said all that, don’t pick him up. His hot streaks don’t last months and his stats the rest of the way will be close to his 8.9/4.4
- Tony, Manu, Kawhi key as Spurs outlast Magic March 9, 2014Saturday night, the Spurs played the Magic in San Antonio. The Spurs were looking for their sixth straight win while Orlando was hoping to win their fifth road game of the season. These two teams are on very different paths. San Antonio beat the Heat in their last outing, and after that emotionally draining game, I thought this was a bit of a trap game for the Spurs. The Magic are pretty terrible this year and I felt it would be difficult for the Spurs to be properly motivated for tonight's game. It was a very sluggish affair and I couldn't figure out if the Magic were playing well or if the Spurs were playing poorly. The Spurs seemed like a team trying to care and the Magic weren't good enough to really make the Spurs pay, but still managed to keep it close. It was a very strange game to watch. Are the Spurs awful or are the Magic playing great? Why is the game so close? Is the crowd awake? Are you reading this? If the players don't want to be here, does the game r...
- Magic Musings: Tobias Harris' strong night not enough against Spurs March 9, 2014For more than three quarters, the Orlando Magic gave the San Antonio Spurs all that they could handle. But the defending Western Conference champions avoided a total letdown after their 24-point drubbing of the Miami Heat on Thursday night as the Spurs pulled away over the final five minutes for a 121-112 victory over the Magic. The Magic were ahead by seven points late in the second quarter and took a 61-59 halftime lead on a 3-pointer at the horn by Arron Afflalo off an errant outlet pass by Tim Duncan. The return of Jameer Nelson to the starting lineup after he missed two games with a sore right calf was most noticeable in that the Magic committed only two turnovers in the first 24 minutes while shooting 50 percent. Tobias Harris came off the bench after starting the previous 15 games in order for Kyle O'Quinn to be matched up against Duncan. While both Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili gave the Magic fits, Duncan got off to an 0-for-6 start in the first quarter and finished with only 11 points, although h
- Orlando Magic officially sign Dewayne Dedmon, Adonis Thomas March 7, 2014On Friday, the Orlando Magic announced that they had officially signed center Dewayne Dedmon and shooting guard/small forward Adonis Thomas to second 10-day contracts after their first 10-day deals expired. Dedmon (#3, 7’0”, 255, 8/12/89) has appeared in two games with Orlando, averaging 2.5 ppg. and 1.5 rpg. in 2.2 minpg. He has played in 17 combined games this season with Golden State, Philadelphia and Orlando, averaging 2.5 ppg. and 3.1 rpg. in 9.4 minpg. He also appeared in 15 games with the Santa Cruz Warriors of the NBA Development League, averaging 15.2 ppg., 13.1 rpg., 1.3 apg., 2.33 blkpg. and 1.53 stlpg. in 33.7 minpg. Thomas (#8, 6’7”, 235, 3/25/93) has appeared in three games with Orlando, averaging 2.3 ppg. and 1.0 rpg. in 7.6 minpg. He played in 26 games (21 starts) with the Springfield Armor of the NBA Development League, averaging 16.2 ppg., 4.2 rpg. and 1.3 apg. in 35.1 minpg., while shooting .469 (38-81) from three-point range. In 10 days, the Magic will have decid...
- Spurs’ Streak Reaches 6 March 9, 2014Tony Parker had 30 points as the host San Antonio Spurs overcame the Orlando Magic, 121-112.
- Switching Masks, James Loses His Superhero Look but Retains His Powers March 2, 2014The newer mask seemed to bother LeBron James more than the black one did, but he finished with 20 points and led Miami to its seventh straight win.
- Two Ticks of Clock Against Magic Prove Microcosm of the Knicks’ Fading Season February 22, 2014On Tyson Chandler’s dunk attempt in overtime, the ball caromed off his head and bounced back out of the basket, another example of the Knicks getting in their own way.
- Cavaliers Win 6th Straight February 20, 2014Kyrie Irving, who was chosen most valuable player of the N.B.A. All-Star Game, scored 22 points to lead Cleveland past the visiting Orlando Magic.
- Pacers Win With Surge in 2nd Half February 4, 2014Indiana put away the Orlando Magic with an 18-1 run that started late in the third quarter to win for the second time in three days and maintain the N.B.A’s best record.