Orlando Magic Links of Interest
Orlando Magic Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Orlando Magic
Quick searches for Orlando Magic on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Orlando Magic News
- Magic rookies Elfrid Payton, Aaron Gordon and Devyn Marble brace for start of camp September 29, 2014At about 3 on Monday afternoon, near the end of the Orlando Magic's annual media day, Elfrid Payton dribbled a basketball. A camera recorded his every move for a video that will be used on Amway Center's scoreboard during games this season.
- Magic's Harris and Vucevic say they still want to sign contract extensions September 29, 2014Tobias Harris and Nik Vucevic made it clear Monday: Each said he wants to sign a contract extension with the Orlando Magic by the Oct. 31 deadline to do so.
- Magic need to set tone, embrace competition in month ahead September 28, 2014The Orlando Magic's offseason will end Monday, when players and coaches convene at Amway Center for their annual media day. On Tuesday, the Magic will hold their first official practice of the 2014-15 season.
- Year 3 of the Magic's rebuild will be critical September 28, 2014Orlando Magic players and coaches will face low expectations when they assemble Tuesday morning for their opening practice of the upcoming season. A panel of ESPN analysts predicted the Magic will endure a third consecutive dismal season and will compile a 27-55 record. USA Today conjured a...
- Jacque Vaughn previews the upcoming Orlando Magic season September 26, 2014Jacque Vaughn is about to begin his third season as the Orlando Magic’s coach.
- Orlando Magic Looking To Host 2017 All-Star Game September 30, 2014Magic CEO Alex Martins said Orlando has told the NBA it’s interested in hosting the 2017 All-Star Game. “What we’ve been told, quite honestly, by the league is that at this point in time it’s getting a little bit more competitive,” Martins said. “You’ve got teams who have new buildings coming online in that kind of timeframe that are interested, and it makes the process a little bit more competitive. So we’ll just have to see. We’ll have to see what the league wants to do in terms of rewarding those cities that have built new buildings and also getting to those cities that they want to get to on a regular basis.” The Magic last hosted the exhibition in Feb. 2012. Orlando had made a bid to host the 2016 All-Star Game, but that game was awarded to Toronto. The post Orlando Magic Looking To Host 2017 All-Star Game appeared first on Geeks & Cleats.
- Nik Vucevic And Tobias Harris Would Like To Stay With The Magic September 30, 2014Tobias Harris and Nik Vucevic made it clear Monday: Each said he wants to sign a contract extension with the Orlando Magic by the Oct. 31 deadline to do so. “Obviously, I want to be here,” Harris, a 22-year-old forward, said during the Magic’s annual media day at Amway Center. “But I think I’ll just go out there and play basketball. I’ll let my agent handle all that. I know they’ve been having some talks, but I don’t really get too involved in it. I don’t want to use that as something to lose my focus. I’m about my team and about winning game s this year and helping my team win games.” Because Harris and Vucevic are former first-round picks who are entering their fourth NBA seasons, they’re allowed under league rules to sign contract extensions that would take effect with the 2015-16 season. But any extensions must be formalized by Oct. 31. “I’ll leave that up to my agent and the team,” Vucevic, a 23-year-old center, said. “I’m just trying to focus on the team, trying to focu
- Magic Rookies Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton, Devyn Marble Eager To Start Camps September 30, 2014It’s another season of Orlando Magic basketball and the youngsters are ready for action. At about 3 on Monday afternoon, near the end of the Orlando Magic’s annual media day, Elfrid Payton dribbled a basketball. A camera recorded his every move for a video that will be used on Amway Center’s scoreboard during games this season. Payton smiled as he effortlessly alternated between his left hand and his right hand, sometimes shifting the ball through his legs. He knows everything will become exponentially tougher soon enough. Payton and fellow rookies Aaron Gordon and Devyn Marble will enter a whirlwind of sorts when the Magic hold their first team practice of the 2014-15 season Tuesday morning. “Everybody tries to give you advice,” Payton, a 20-year-old point guard, said. “I guess the best advice is ‘just stay the course. Continue to work hard. Do what’s gotten you here, which is hard work. And it’s not going to come overnight.” The Magic are one of the youngest teams in the NBA, but ...
- Magic Players Show Off New Sleeved Silver ‘Pride’ Jerseys September 30, 2014The Orlando Magic on Monday had their players wear the new alternate Pride Jersey home uniforms at Media Day. As previously noted, they’re sleeved, pinstriped, silver, and awesome. The national hate already being spat out should be ignored. They’re by the far the best looking sleeved jerseys on the NBA market and it’s because they’re the only ones with pinstripes. The elements of blue make the jersey pop, in a good way. They also actually take away attention from the sleeved portions of the jersey. Magic players like Victor Oladipo certainly love them. Victor Oladipo on the silver jerseys: “When you look good, you play good. I look good, I think I might play good.” #MagicMediaDay — Orlando Magic Daily (@OMagicDaily) September 29, 2014 I’d qualify them as feathery. The silver uniforms appear even better in person, and more than breathable. I’ve seen folks refer to them as pajamas. Well pajamas are comfy, and it’s an added bonus if the Magic players will perform even better in comfo...
- The Orlando Magic Show Off Ugly New Sleeved Jerseys September 29, 2014Pride Jerseys. #MagicMediaDay @moe_harkless @VicOladipo @Kyle_OQuinn Jersey Info: http://t.co/nK7Wsgncgl pic.twitter.com/B6zdLj4Gjy — Orlando Magic (@OrlandoMagic) September... Article found on: Next Impulse Sports
- Magic Waives Nelson, Team’s Longest-Tenured Player July 1, 2014Jameer Nelson was entering the final year of a three-year contract but had only $2 million of the $8 million remaining guaranteed.
- With One Eye on Playoffs, Nets Use Late Flurry to Dispatch Magic April 14, 2014Coach Jason Kidd said he hoped to see the Nets “get better each time we take the floor” and to be healthy with these remaining games.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Magic Sign a Center March 18, 2014The Orlando Magic signed center Dewayne Dedmon for the remainder of the regular season.
- Spurs’ Streak Reaches 6 March 9, 2014Tony Parker had 30 points as the host San Antonio Spurs overcame the Orlando Magic, 121-112.