Orlando Magic Links of Interest
Orlando Magic Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Orlando Magic
Quick searches for Orlando Magic on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Orlando Magic News
- Who'll be the next star to force trade? August 29, 2014Durant might be looking to bail on ThunderKevin Love was the latest All-Star to bail on his club, forcing a trade and ending up on Team LeBron.
- Bavetta, 74, makes his last call in NBA August 22, 2014Veteran official never missed game in 39 yearsThe Old Melody Ranch is what Dick Bavetta calls his place, a 460-acre spread tucked into Ocala's horse-breeding country.
- Magic face Stan, Dwight, Jameer in preseason August 14, 2014First preseason game Oct. 15 vs. Brazilian teamThe Magic will reunite with familiar figures from their 2009 NBA Finals team during the preseason.
- Magic host Stan, Dwight in preseason August 14, 2014The Magic are scheduled to face former coach Stan Van Gundy and two former players, Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson, this preseason in Orlando.
- Orlando Magic to open 2014-15 season at New Orleans Pelicans August 13, 2014Orlando faces Washington to open home scheduleThe Magic will open their 2014-15 regular season against Anthony Davis and the Pelicans in New Orleans on Tuesday, Oct. 28.
- Waiting for 3-point stabilization September 1, 2014The one thing the Magic know they will have to get better at this season is 3-point shooting. Offenses in the NBA are built around the 3-point shot now thanks to the analytics movement and with so many player on the team now who drive the ball — think Victor Oladipo and Elfrid Payton — the 3-point threat is going to be bigger for the Magic to give them space. Last year, the 3-point shot was a considerable weakness for Orlando. The team shot 35.3 percent from beyond the arc, 19th in the league. The Magic took the 21st most 3-point attempts too. It was not a weapon the team availed itself of very much. The 3-pointer should become a bigger issue this year. Orlando let its top two 3-point shooters by attempts go in the offseason. Arron Afflalo was the team’s top 3-point shooter at 42.7 percent last year. Jameer Nelson shot 34.8 percent from beyond the arc last year. The Magic have seen their top 3-point shooters leave a team that was already not a great 3-point shooting team. Channing F...
- Fournier with 9 Points as France Crushes Egypt September 1, 2014In what was expected to be France’s easiest Group A game at the FIBA World Cup, the French annihilated Egypt 94-55 on Monday. Both teams were playing their third consecutive contests of the tournament. The Orlando Magic’s Evan Fournier not only got his first points for the French national team, he scored 9 of them and added 4 assists, one rebound, and a steal in 19 minutes. Evan was 4-for-9 from the field but 0-of-4 on 3-pointers as the 6’6″ wing still hasn’t made a three in the tourney. Still, this game was a confidence booster. France was already up 13-4 when Edwin Jackson checked in, officially confirming that indeed he has jumped over Evan in the shooting guard rotation. Fournier checked in at the 7:58 mark of the 2nd period with France up 29-15. Evan missed his first 2-point jumper and then got credited with a turnover where he drove to the basket but got tripped up by an Egyptian who kneed him in the thigh. Should have been a foul. That didn’t prevent Evan from defending well...
- Nikola Vucevic Asks for Montenegrin Head Coach Change September 1, 2014Orlando Magic center Nikola Vucevic chose to avoid not playing for the Montenegrin national team during its attempt to qualify in August for next year’s EuroBasket competition. Neither did Nikola Pekovic. These two big men are the country’s best talents. Still, Montenegro had enough talent to qualify for EuroBasket 2015. They didn’t and it’s appropriately being seen as a big failure by Vucevic and others. The blame should fall on the Head Coach, in this case Luka Pavicevic. Vucevic recently gave an interview to a Montenegrin television station. Vucevic has shown great professional restraint in airing out his dissatisfaction towards Pavicevic, until now. The Vijesti news outlet reported some of the t.v. interview given. Using Google to translate a small portion of the interview, Vucevic said this: “I’m sorry that I could not help Montenegro in qualifying, but if you change the coach, I’m ready to get back in the national team” Vucevic mentioned how big of a deal it is for Montenegro ...
- Victor Oladipo Soars Above Rims at Goodman League September 1, 2014Orlando Magic guard Victor Oladipo participated in the Goodman League Classic on Sunday. It was held at McDonough Arena at Georgetown University in Washington D.C. which are the 22-year-old’s old stomping grounds before attending college at Indiana University. Players like Bradley Beal and Josh Selby attended. ‘Dipo can be seen wearing a yellow #23 jersey flying through the air like he was old school Michael Jordan on quite a few occasions. At minimum, this exhibition could be a nice way for Victor to create some buzz about joining the All-Star Weekend dunk contest. Credit to the folks at Hoop District for the Vine videos. Baby Shaq starts this fast break that leads to an Oladipo tomahawk jam https://t.co/QqcGkAPBd9 — Hoop District (@HoopDistrictDC) August 31, 2014 #Magic guard @vicoladipo just flew into our screen via dunk cam #GoodmanLeague https://t.co/0Z209JDa5T — Hoop District (@HoopDistrictDC) August 31, 2014 If you’ve never seen the Goodman League live it’s a whole lot of ...
- France Squeaks Past Serbia as Fournier Slumps August 31, 2014The Orlando Magic’s Evan Fournier is in a shooting slump. He’s doing everything else correct but putting the ball into the basket. It’s tough to warrant playing time when shots are not falling. France earned their first FIBA World Cup victory as they beat Serbia 74-73 on Sunday in a very entertaining contest, but Fournier didn’t play the entire second half. In 10 first half minutes, Evan was 0-for-4 from the field and tallied an assist in over ten minutes of action. The 21-year-old is scoreless for the tournament after two days. Fournier missed the majority of the first half yesterday, this time Evan checked in at the 4:11 mark of the first quarter. Evan had a tough matchup with 27-year-old Milos Teodosic who is a legend in Europe already. The French were struggling offensively before Evan checked in at shooting guard. Fournier didn’t attempt a shot, but he spread the court, distributed well, and didn’t make a single defensive error. His chemistry with Nicolas Batum honestly should...
- Magic Waives Nelson, Team’s Longest-Tenured Player July 1, 2014Jameer Nelson was entering the final year of a three-year contract but had only $2 million of the $8 million remaining guaranteed.
- With One Eye on Playoffs, Nets Use Late Flurry to Dispatch Magic April 14, 2014Coach Jason Kidd said he hoped to see the Nets “get better each time we take the floor” and to be healthy with these remaining games.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Magic Sign a Center March 18, 2014The Orlando Magic signed center Dewayne Dedmon for the remainder of the regular season.
- Spurs’ Streak Reaches 6 March 9, 2014Tony Parker had 30 points as the host San Antonio Spurs overcame the Orlando Magic, 121-112.