Orlando Magic Links of Interest
Orlando Magic Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Orlando Magic
Quick searches for Orlando Magic on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Orlando Magic News
- Shaquille O'Neal shows that Uncle Tickles knows best July 30, 2014Shaq's goofiness cost him points but has earned him admirersBoys just want to have fun, even when they're 7 feet tall and one-man industries. When Shaquille O'Neal bought his waterfront house in Orlando, he loved to ride his water scooter around the lake.
- Orlando Magic will bring Peyton Siva to camp, then assign him to the D-League July 30, 2014In an effort to fortify their new NBA Development League affiliate in Erie, Pa., and perhaps develop a player for the future, the Orlando Magic have agreed to terms with former Detroit Pistons point guard Peyton Siva.
- Maurice Harkless won't play for Puerto Rico's national team this summer July 29, 2014The 21-year-old Magic swingman has decided to focus on prepping for the 2014-15 seasonMaurice Harkless has chosen not to play for Puerto Rico’s national basketball team this summer.
- Tobias Harris savors chance to join USA Basketball's select team July 26, 2014Harris and Magic teammate Victor Oladipo will train alongside the national team Monday-Thursday in Las VegasUSA Basketball invited Tobias Harris into its talent pipeline once before.
- Orlando Magic sign Luke Ridnour, who embraces veteran role | Video July 25, 2014When Luke Ridnour joined the Seattle SuperSonics as a rookie in 2003, veterans Brent Barry and Ray Allen helped him make the transition to the NBA.
- Magic to sign Peyton Siva July 29, 2014Peyton Siva has agreed to terms with the Orlando Magic, a source told Yahoo Sports. — Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) July 29, 2014
- Maurice Harkless’ World Cup Absence Leaves Puerto Ricans Confused July 29, 2014Orlando Magic wing player Maurice Harkless will not be playing for Puerto Rico in the FIBA World Cup that takes places in Spain beginning on August 30th, as reported by Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel. Robbins communicated with Harkless’ agent, Happy Walters, and below is a quote from Walters on why his client won’t be playing for Puerto Rico: “He is 100 percent focused on getting better every day. He felt that although representing Puerto Rico would be an invaluable experience, it was not realistic to think that he could work on his game within a team atmosphere the way he could by staying here.” During the 2013-14 Magic season, Harkless averaged 7.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 24.4 minutes per contest. It’s safe to say that Maurice’s responsibilities with the Puerto Rican squad would have risen significantly from what he’s accustomed to in Orlando. Practicing and developing stronger chemistry with Magic teammates is fantastic, but you can’t replace the experience ...
- Oladipo & Harris Begin Team USA Basketball Week July 29, 2014Monday marked the first time that both Victor Oladipo and Tobias Harris got to wear a Team USA jersey. Although both Orlando Magic players are only on the USA Select team, that didn’t stop them from cherishing the moment. An opportunity to represent your country and to interact with some of the best ballers on the planet. All quotes and videos are courtesy of OrlandoMagic.com’s John Denton. Here’s an interview of Tobias as well as one of Victor following the conclusion of Day 1. “No question about it, this will always be special for me,’’ Oladipo said of his first session with Team USA. “Being able to be a part of something bigger than yourself, it’s always a great story. I’m looking forward to the rest of this week and I’m keeping my focus on getting better.’’ Added Harris: “It was definitely a great experience being in this type of organization and with these types of players. I’m just taking advantage of it.’’ Tobias and Victor will have a few more days to make an impressi
- Ben Gordon selling home in Chicago July 29, 2014Looking for real estate in suburban Chicago? Ben Gordon is listing his town home in Northbrook for $475,000 according to Bob Goldsborough of The Chicago Tribune: Former Chicago Bulls guard Ben Gordon, whom the Orlando Magic recently signed to a two-year deal, has listed his three-bedroom town home in a gated community in Northbrook for $475,000. Gordon is set to take a major loss on the 2,400-square-foot town home, which is in the gated Royal Ridge community that for many years was popular with Chicago Bulls. He paid $660,000 for it in 2004, and first had tried listing it in 2010 for $800,000. He later had it on the market in 2011 for $610,000, $585,000 and $475,000 before taking it off the market later that year. [Bob Goldsborough, Chicago Tribune]
- National media still confused with Magic offseason July 28, 2014The offseason is more or less over for the Magic. Friday, the team announced the signing of Luke Ridnour, putting the roster officially at 15 players. That leaves no room for anyone else. Since it is the end of July and the basketball topics are drying up, it is time to review the offseason. Generally, the Magic’s offseason has been met with confusion. Tom Ziller of SBNation was the latest to be found scratching his head as he said the Magic are one of three “bad teams” who got worse: The Magic appear to have had a nice draft haul, picking up Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton. But Orlando also dropped its best player (Arron Afflalo) for Evan Fournier, which is a steep downgrade barring a massive jump by the Frenchman. The Magic also said goodbye to Jameer Nelson. Together, Afflalo and Nelson accounted for 67 minutes, 30 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds per game. Payton projects to be really interesting at the very least, but rookie point guards tend to struggle and his shooting n...
- Magic Waives Nelson, Team’s Longest-Tenured Player July 1, 2014Jameer Nelson was entering the final year of a three-year contract but had only $2 million of the $8 million remaining guaranteed.
- With One Eye on Playoffs, Nets Use Late Flurry to Dispatch Magic April 14, 2014Coach Jason Kidd said he hoped to see the Nets “get better each time we take the floor” and to be healthy with these remaining games.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Magic Sign a Center March 18, 2014The Orlando Magic signed center Dewayne Dedmon for the remainder of the regular season.
- Spurs’ Streak Reaches 6 March 9, 2014Tony Parker had 30 points as the host San Antonio Spurs overcame the Orlando Magic, 121-112.