Orlando Magic Links of Interest
Orlando Magic Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Orlando Magic
Quick searches for Orlando Magic on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Orlando Magic News
- Magic face Stan, Dwight, Jameer in preseason August 14, 2014First preseason game Oct. 15 vs. Brazilian teamThe Magic will reunite with familiar figures from their 2009 NBA Finals team during the preseason.
- Magic host Stan, Dwight in preseason August 14, 2014The Magic are scheduled to face former coach Stan Van Gundy and two former players, Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson, this preseason in Orlando.
- Orlando Magic to open 2014-15 season at New Orleans Pelicans August 13, 2014Orlando faces Washington to open home scheduleThe Magic will open their 2014-15 regular season against Anthony Davis and the Pelicans in New Orleans on Tuesday, Oct. 28.
- Adubato lauds Spurs' hiring of Hammon August 9, 2014Guard played for Adubato with WNBA New York LibertyRichie Adubato wouldn't bet against Becky Hammon becoming the first female head coach in NBA history.
- George injury part of hoop risk August 6, 2014Pacers star broke his leg in Team USA scrimmage" WARNING: The following contains graphic images ."
- Magic to begin development of entertainment complex after this season August 22, 2014The Magic will turn their attention to the proposed Amway Center entertainment district at the conclusion of the 2014-15 season, Richard Bilbao of Orlando Business Journal reports. The Magic are still in the process of buying up the land across the street from Amway Center for their proposed entertainment district which will feature shops, restaurants, a hotel, office space and a small convention center. The $200 million development project has the opportunity to continue transforming downtown Orlando and specifically the area around the Amway Center. Amway Center is a bit isolated from the rest of downtown with businesses across the street from the plaza having moderate success but the atmosphere outside Amway Center somewhat dying after games as fans walk back under I-4 to Church Street and Downtown Orlando. The area around Amway Center can be pretty empty whenever an event is not going on at the arena. The entertainment complex aims to change that. Add in the expected Orlando Cit...
- Magic to Announce New Erie BayHawks Head Coach Soon August 21, 2014The Orlando Magic are close to announcing the hiring of a head coach for the team’s new NBDL single-affiliate, the Erie BayHawks, according to John Dudley of the Erie Times-News. Below is a quote from BayHawks team president Matt Bresee. “Right now, as I understand it, (the Magic) have a finalist and they’re in the process of going though the necessary background checks and other final steps that the NBA requires,” Bresee said. This makes sense because you would hope Erie’s coaching staff would be finalized considering BayHawks player tryouts are occurring September 14th and the 21st. Orlando and Erie are entering their first year of a D-League hybrid agreement in which the Magic organization is making the decisions on who will be part of the coaching staff, what player transactions occur between the Magic and BayHawks, and what type of basketball system will be put in place. Orlando has never had a strong affiliation with the D-League until now and this is an opportunity to develop...
- Orlando Magic: Predicting Opening Night Starting 5 August 21, 2014Unsurprisingly, the Orlando Magic will be trying to develop the young players they have on their roster next season. This should mean more responsibility and more minutes for the likes of Victor Oladipo, Tobias Harris and Maurice Harkless. The team has to try and win games as well, though, and that is why getting the balance […] Orlando Magic: Predicting Opening Night Starting 5 - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Orlando Dodged a Joel Embiid Twitter Bullet August 21, 2014The Philadelphia 76ers already have a star on their hands in Joel Embiid. Not a basketball star, but one of the social media variety. The 3rd overall selection from June hasn’t stepped on a court in months and he’s already the most popular NBA rookie as the ‘MVP of Twitter’. Joel has grabbed plenty of attention via his Twitter account. From hitting on a married woman, to making USA soccer fans angry, to recruiting LeBron James then blocking him on Twitter, to having an obsession with Rihanna that would get your average man smacked in the face with a restraining order. But it’s good entertainment for fans and basketball media who have a sense of humor towards embarrassing situations. It’s hilarious, except for his employer. I can’t imagine what the Sixers’ public relations folks are feeling every time Joel is sending out a tweet. It’s something that I’m sure the Magic are beyond glad they won’t have to deal with. It’s been 3 years since Gilbert Arenas went through a vast amount of Tw
- A second chance for Ben Gordon August 20, 2014There was a time when Ben Gordon struck fear into opponents’ hearts. He won Sixth Man of the Year in 2005. He was stellar in the 2009 Playoffs, averaging 24.3 points per game and 37.0 percent shooting from beyond the arc. In that crazy series, Gordon fed it with big shot after big shot for the Bulls. There had to be a few Magic fans afraid of seeing this strange compound of a young Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah with this X-factor off the bench in Gordon. He parlayed that 2009 Playoff role to the five-year, $58 million deal with the Pistons he just completed. Those last five years were an unmitigated disaster though. With the Pistons and the Bobcats, Gordon averaged 11.6 points per game on 48.6 percent effective field goal percentage. His scoring average immediately sank before cratering last year at 5.2 points per game in 19 games. That downfall does not really seem like it would allow a two-year $9 million deal. That kind of money suggests the Magic will be relying on Gordon a bit t...
- Magic Waives Nelson, Team’s Longest-Tenured Player July 1, 2014Jameer Nelson was entering the final year of a three-year contract but had only $2 million of the $8 million remaining guaranteed.
- With One Eye on Playoffs, Nets Use Late Flurry to Dispatch Magic April 14, 2014Coach Jason Kidd said he hoped to see the Nets “get better each time we take the floor” and to be healthy with these remaining games.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Magic Sign a Center March 18, 2014The Orlando Magic signed center Dewayne Dedmon for the remainder of the regular season.
- Spurs’ Streak Reaches 6 March 9, 2014Tony Parker had 30 points as the host San Antonio Spurs overcame the Orlando Magic, 121-112.