Orlando Magic Links of Interest
Orlando Magic Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Orlando Magic
Quick searches for Orlando Magic on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Orlando Magic News
- Orlando Magic lose 6th straight game, falling to Memphis Grizzlies 103-94 January 27, 2015MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Orlando Magic's season has become like a broken record. The team keeps repeating the same jarring sounds again and again and again.
- Courtney Lee has gotten over his trade for Vince Carter in 2009 January 27, 2015MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Courtney Lee and Vince Carter are forever linked in Orlando Magic history.
- Orlando Magic's defense is getting worse January 25, 2015Playing defense the right way is tough work.
- Magic rookie Aaron Gordon makes his 1st NBA regular-season start January 26, 2015In an effort to revive his team's deteriorating defense and improve its rebounding, Orlando Magic coach Jacque Vaughn altered his starting lineup for Sunday's game against the Indiana Pacers, inserting rookie Aaron Gordon at small forward in place of fellow rookie Devyn Marble.
- Orlando Magic lose to the Indiana Pacers 106-99 January 26, 2015No single sequence Sunday night epitomizes the Orlando Magic's titanic problems on defense more than an Indiana Pacers possession that began with 7:27 remaining in the fourth quarter as the Magic led by eight points.
- Grizzlies Coast To Win Over Magic January 27, 2015Zach Randolph was in beast mode versus the Magic, rumbling for 24 points, 10 boards, and 6 assists. All photos courtesy of Warren Roseborough. About a month ago, I was projecting my expectations for January for the Grizzlies, noting that the first half of the month was heavy on tough playoff contenders and road games, while the latter part of the month was filled not only with home games but also games against weaker teams, many from the Eastern Conference. So after going 5-3 in the first half of the month, I prognosticated that this part of the schedule would be a great time for the team to make some hay, pad their standing before the All-Star Break. Coming into tonight’s matchup with the Orlando Magic, they were 3-1 with wins over Portland, Philadelphia and Toronto and the MLK loss to Dallas. Bottom line, while they could lose a game or two here and there (and probably will), there’s no reason they can’t come out of this 9-game stretch with a record of 6-3 or better. And with ton...
- Magic Musings: Defense an issue as Orlando's losing skid continues January 27, 2015Two weeks after appearing to take on a whole new look offensively, the Orlando Magic may finally be paying more than lip service to defense. While their 103-94 loss Monday night at Memphis marked the 10th game in a row in which they gave up more than 100 points, the Magic could be encouraged by how well they clamped down after the Grizzlies shot almost 60 percent from the floor in the first half. Coach Jacque Vaughn decided to go with Dewayne Dedmon, who had played in just one of their last eight games, in place of Channing Frye at power forward to open the third quarter. The 7-footer wound up recording the first double-double of his NBA career with 10 points and 10 rebounds while containing Zach Randolph, whose 18 points and seven rebounds in the first half came mainly at Frye's expense. The Magic were playing for the third time in four nights and taking on a team with the second-best record in the Western Conference. They finished with more turnovers (18) than assists (14) and cou...
- Memphis Grinds Down Magic; Orlando on 6-Game Losing Streak January 27, 2015AP Photo/Brandon Dill It’s not getting any easier for the Orlando Magic. After coughing up 67 points in the first half, Orlando lost 103-94 to the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday night. 6 straight losses and the Magic have dropped 12 of their last 14 contests. Orlando’s defensive inconsistencies continued to get exploited. Zach Randolph led Memphis with 24 points and 10 rebounds while Marc Gasol notched 16 points and 10 boards. Nikola Vucevic had a mediocre evening and still managed to tally 18 points and 12 rebounds. Dewayne Dedmon had a career-high 10 points and notched his first ever double-double with 10 rebounds. Well-deserved. Elfrid Payton added 12 points and 6 assists while Victor Oladipo had 18 points but still struggled dealing with screens on defense. Below is the full game recap. The Magic stuck with the same Aaron Gordon lineup as Sunday night. Dewayne Dedmon was activated as Maurice Harkless and Ben Gordon joined the inactive list. Tony Allen was out for Memphis, so...
- Pacers-Magic Postgame Locker Room Interviews January 26, 2015Photo by Fernando Medina/NBAE via Getty Images They’ve lost 11 of their last 13 games, of course the Orlando Magic know they’re in a horrible rut. Aaron Gordon may be the key to get out of it. Head Coach Jacque Vaughn looks beyond deflated at this point. Aaron Gordon: Below are interviews of Jacque Vaughn, Victor Oladipo, Nikola Vucevic, and Elfrid Payton. Jacque Vaughn: Victor Oladipo: Nikola Vucevic: Elfrid Payton: Adam Papageorgiou is Owner/Editor of MBO and Founder of Orlando Magic Greek
- Magic Musings: Losing streak grows to 5 after 4th-quarter frustrations January 26, 2015ORLANDO, Fla. -- Up by nine points with eight minutes remaining Sunday night, the Orlando Magic appeared to be on the verge of snapping a four-game losing streak and winning for only the third time this month. Instead, the Indiana Pacers were the team that supplied the finishing kick as they broke a lengthy slide of their own in coming away with a 106-99 victory. The Magic shot 52.5 percent from the floor through three quarters but made just six of 17 shots over the final 12 minutes. Victor Oladlipo, who had 11 points in the Magic's 33-point third quarter, went scoreless in the fourth. The Pacers, who had dropped seven in a row, outrebounded the Magic 47-33 and held them to only three offensive rebounds. Though Nikola Vucevic topped all scorers with 27 points, he grabbed only seven rebounds in 34 minutes. The Magic had given up an average of 113.1 points in their eight previous games and still haven't held anyone under 100 points since a 93-90 loss Jan. 7 at Denver. Aaron Gordon mad...
- In Unraveling Season, the Knicks String Together Reasons for Hope January 24, 2015The Knicks become the owners of a three-game winning streak by knocking off the Magic at Madison Square Garden.
- Nets Contain Rally by Magic, Returning to .500 With a Win January 3, 2015Mason Plumlee had 18 points and 9 rebounds, helping the visiting Nets beat the Orlando Magic, 100-98.
- Trail Blazers Win 9th in a Row; Stephen Curry and the Warriors Roll November 27, 2014Wesley Matthews was 10 of 15 from the field and 6 of 9 from 3-point range as Portland improved to 7-0 against Eastern Conference teams.
- As Last-Gasp Shot Fails, Knicks Can Only Sigh November 13, 2014The Knicks faced an Orlando team playing its second game in 27 hours but could not take advantage.
- With All-Star Benched for Lax Defense, the Nets Hang On November 10, 2014The Nets won with a tenacious defensive performance in the fourth quarter, but they stuck with an effective Kevin Garnett as Brook Lopez watched from the sidelines.