Orlando Magic Links of Interest
Orlando Magic Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Orlando Magic
Quick searches for Orlando Magic on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Orlando Magic News
- A crucial offseason awaits the Orlando Magic's youngsters April 19, 2014As crucial as the 2014 NBA Draft Lottery will be to the Orlando Magic's rebuilding efforts — and, make no mistake, the lottery will be vital to the Magic — the team can't do anything more to enhance its chances for the annual pingpong-ball drawing.
- Magic desperately need a marquee star April 18, 2014Orlando hopes to find one in 2014 draftThe Magic need a marquee star the way a movie needs a leading man.
- Time to start judging Magic on number of wins, not number of pingpong balls April 18, 2014Orlando Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan is a smart man.
- Stan Van Gundy: Calipari has more NBA talent at Kentucky than if he went to the Lakers April 17, 2014Stan Van Gundy: John Calipari has more NBA talent at Kentucky than if he went to the Lakers ... Would Kentucky coach go NBA?
- Orlando Magic wrap up their season with exit interview day April 17, 2014The 2013-14 edition of the Orlando Magic assembled together for the final time Thursday.
- Magic Could Discuss Extensions For Vucevic, Harris After Initial Free Agency April 18, 2014The Orlando Magic's officials likely won't make a decision on whether to pursue contract extensions for Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris until after they see how free agency impacts the salary cap. Vucevic and Harris will be eligible for extensions this summer. "I'd love to stay in Orlando," Vucevic said. "I like it here a lot. I like the team. I like what we have going here. I like the coaches. I like everything. So I'd love to stay here, but I guess we should talk about that when the time comes."
- Magic seek patience as youth develops April 17, 2014ORLANDO, Fla. -- From general manager Rob Hennigan to coach Jacque Vaughn down to the players who finished out the season, the Orlando Magic insist they have improved from the year before. But going from 20 to 23 victories doesn't represent the type of accelerated growth that makes those around the NBA sit up and take notice. And when Hennigan was asked Thursday what Magic fans should expect in 2014-15, his reply of "more of the same" didn't give any inkling that a return to the playoffs is imminent. "Clearly the win-loss record was not very good," Hennigan said. "We're all aware of that. We all know that has to improve. But I think there are some deeper layers to it." "Overall, our message hasn't changed from day one," said Vaughn, whose team finished with a better record than only the Milwaukee Bucks (15-67) and the Philadelphia 76ers (19-63). "We talk about not skipping steps. And sometimes those steps are painful. You're in sports to win, an
- Watch: Rob Hennigan’s Orlando Magic 2014 Exit Interview April 17, 2014Here’s Orlando Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan answering a lot of important questions as the franchise moves into a key period that is the 2014 offseason. As always with ‘Henny’ there was a plethora of information to be digested in regards to the draft, evaluating Jacque Vaughn, how the team met his benchmark goals, what may happen with Arron Afflalo and Jameer Nelson, and more. Adam Papageorgiou runs Orlando Magic Greek and is a proud MBO contributor.
- Magic’s lottery position set April 17, 2014With the close to the season, the Magic’s odds in the NBA Draft Lottery, to be held May 20, is officially set. Here are the lottery odds in their beautiful tanking glory: Tankathon – NBA Draft Tracker via kwout The Magic have a 46.9 percent chance of landing in the top 3 with their own pick. It is still possible that the Nuggets and Knicks could give the Magic a second top pick, but only if both land in the top three. Orlando receives the least favorable of Denver and New York’s pick. The odds of them both reaching the top three are pretty slim.
- Indiana Pacers – Orlando Magic Postgame Interviews April 17, 2014It began with Indiana and it ended with another Pacers defeat. We made it to the conclusion of the Orlando Magic’s 25th Anniversary. Though their record doesn’t show it, a lot of optimism can be had for what was accomplished this season for the team and its individuals that represent it. Now the focus is making the step towards playoff contention. Victor Oladipo looked back on a solid rookie season that sped by quicker than lightning. Maurice Harkless can relish in the fact he’ll have an important role in the Puerto Rican national team come FIBA World Cup action. Kyle O’Quinn went from roster uncertainty to an important piece in the process. Tobias Harris is a healthy streak away from exploding. Coach Vaughn and the front office have a lot to be positive about, and so do Orlando fans. Victor Oladipo: Click below for interviews from Maurice Harkless, Jacque Vaughn, Kyle O’Quinn, and Tobias Harris. Maurice Harkless: Jacque Vaughn: Kyle O’Quinn: Tobias Harris: Adam Papa...
- With One Eye on Playoffs, Nets Use Late Flurry to Dispatch Magic April 14, 2014Coach Jason Kidd said he hoped to see the Nets “get better each time we take the floor” and to be healthy with these remaining games.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Magic Sign a Center March 18, 2014The Orlando Magic signed center Dewayne Dedmon for the remainder of the regular season.
- Spurs’ Streak Reaches 6 March 9, 2014Tony Parker had 30 points as the host San Antonio Spurs overcame the Orlando Magic, 121-112.
- Switching Masks, James Loses His Superhero Look but Retains His Powers March 2, 2014The newer mask seemed to bother LeBron James more than the black one did, but he finished with 20 points and led Miami to its seventh straight win.