Orlando Magic Links of Interest
Orlando Magic Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Orlando Magic
Quick searches for Orlando Magic on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Orlando Magic News
- Magic's new kid sounds ready to grow up July 24, 2014The Magic invited a couple hundred kids to the RDV Sportsplex on Thursday. Youngsters like Christopher Durant ran around, did pushups, situps, basketball drills and were given nutritional advice.
- Orlando Magic sign 2nd-round pick Devyn Marble July 24, 2014The Orlando Magic signed second-round pick Devyn Marble today.
- Tobias Harris and Victor Oladipo named to USA Basketball's select team July 22, 2014The select team will train with the national team July 28-31 in Las VegasUSA Basketball today formally named Orlando Magic forward Tobias Harris, Magic guard Victor Oladipo and 11 additional players to its select team.
- Magic 'home-grown' formula needs to work in rebuilding process July 19, 2014The Orlando Magic will be the most environmentally-friendly sporting team on the planet next season.
- Dante Exum shows flashes of potential in summer league July 18, 2014LAS VEGAS — Dant é Exum emerged from the Utah Jazz locker room early Thursday night looking exhausted. He had just completed his fourth NBA Summer League game in seven days, but another obligation still remained.
- Aaron Gordon & Elfrid Payton Lead Magic FIT Combine July 24, 2014The Orlando Magic hosted their first ever NBA FIT Draft Combine on Thursday at the RDV Sportsplex in Maitland. 18-year-old Aaron Gordon and 20-year-old Elfrid Payton took charge of six stations dedicated to exercises and basketball drills with exactly 200 children from the Central Florida community. The 3-hour FIT program also taught kids about making healthy food choices. Most importantly, a lot of fun was to be had for both the children and the adults. Shut the gym down. Aaron Gordon is crossing people up. #Magic All smiles. https://t.co/he7N9InSbr — Adam Papageorgiou (@adamosgp) July 24, 2014 Aaron and Elfrid were kind enough to chat a bit during the event. Below you’ll find clips from the event that include drills as well as Magic Ambassadors Bo Outlaw and Nick Anderson participating. Bo and Nick kicked off the event: Aaron Gordon was showing the youth how to take a charge and stay active on defense: Adam Papageorgiou is Owner/Editor of MBO and Founder of Orlando M...
- Orlando Magic sign 2nd-round pick Devyn Marble July 24, 2014The Orlando Magic have signed second-round pick Devyn Marble. The contract will be for three seasons, according to an industry source familiar with the terms of the contract. Marble’s rookie season will be fully guaranteed. His second and third seasons are non-guaranteed but would become guaranteed if Marble remains on the roster after specified trigger dates on the calendar.
- Magic sign second-round draft pick Devyn Marble July 24, 2014The Orlando Magic announced Thursday the signing of second-round draft pick Devyn Marble. The news comes three weeks after forward Aaron Gordon and guard Elfrid Payton, the Magic's two first-round selections, signed their contracts. While the 6-foot-6 Marble is listed as a guard, he was used primarily at small forward during the Orlando Pro Summer League and averaged almost 13 points a game in the Magic's three victories. The Magic acquired the draft rights to Marble and also obtained guard Evan Fournier in the trade which sent Arron Afflalo, their leading scorer last season, to the Denver Nuggets. Marble was an All-Big Ten first-team selection as a senior at Iowa after leading the Hawkeyes in scoring with a 17-point average. Marble is the fifth-leading scorer in school history. His father, Roy Marble, ranks first. Roy Marble was a first-round pick of the Atlanta Hawks in 1989 and spent one season with them and one with the Nuggets. You can follow Ken Hornack on Twitter @HornackFSFla or email him at k
- Magic Sign 2nd Round Pick Devyn Marble July 24, 2014The Orlando Magic have signed rookie guard Devyn Marble. The draft rights to Marble (56th overall pick), along with Evan Fournier, were acquired from Denver in exchange for Arron Afflalo on June 26. Marble (#11, 6’6”, 200, 9/21/92) played in 136 career games during four years at the University of Iowa, averaging 12.5 ppg., 3.4 rpg., 2.9 apg. and 1.29 stlpg. in 27.6 minpg.
- Mavericks Rumors: Dallas to sign Jameer Nelson July 23, 2014The Dallas Mavericks are set to sign 10-year veteran Jameer Nelson according to a report from Marc Stein of ESPN: Barring an unforseen snag, Mavs on course to land Jameer Nelson to fortify their backcourt on a deal via Dallas' $2.7 million room exception— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 23, 2014 Nelson is another solid pickup by the Dallas front office who has had a busy off season as they try to contend in the ultra competitive Western Conference. The list of notable Dallas acquisitions and re-signings include snagging Chandler Parsons off the free agent market, trading for Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton in a deal with the Knicks, and Re-signing Dirk Nowitzki and Devin Harris.Nelson will join Harris and Felton at the point guard position on the Mavs depth chart. Harris appeared in 40 games for Dallas last year but never started and Felton had a down year for the Knicks leading to his trade.Wiki CommonsThe 32-year-old Nelson has been an example of consistency over his NBA ca...
- Magic Waives Nelson, Team’s Longest-Tenured Player July 1, 2014Jameer Nelson was entering the final year of a three-year contract but had only $2 million of the $8 million remaining guaranteed.
- With One Eye on Playoffs, Nets Use Late Flurry to Dispatch Magic April 14, 2014Coach Jason Kidd said he hoped to see the Nets “get better each time we take the floor” and to be healthy with these remaining games.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Magic Sign a Center March 18, 2014The Orlando Magic signed center Dewayne Dedmon for the remainder of the regular season.
- Spurs’ Streak Reaches 6 March 9, 2014Tony Parker had 30 points as the host San Antonio Spurs overcame the Orlando Magic, 121-112.