Orlando Magic Links of Interest
Orlando Magic Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Orlando Magic
Quick searches for Orlando Magic on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Orlando Magic News
- Jacque Vaughn overhauls the Magic's starting lineup December 22, 2014Jacque Vaughn felt he had to do something to spark the Orlando Magic, especially the Magic's reeling defense.
- Should Jacque Vaughn consider a lineup change to try to improve the Magic's defense? December 21, 2014Before the Orlando Magic host the Philadelphia 76ers tonight, let’s be clear about one thing.
- Evan Fournier and Nikola Vucevic have become good friends December 20, 2014The friendship started with a text message.
- Orlando Magic struggle again defensively in 101-94 loss to the Utah Jazz December 20, 2014The Orlando Magic have lost their way.
- Utah's Exum makes his Amway Center debut December 20, 2014Back in June, a large contingent of Orlando Magic fans hoped the Magic would use the fourth overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft to select Australian guard Danté Exum.
- Magic Musings: Lineup switch comes up short in loss to 76ers December 22, 2014ORLANDO, Fla. -- A starting lineup change Sunday night wasn't enough to prevent the Orlando Magic from becoming only the third team this season to lose to the Philadelphia 76ers. After falling behind by 11 points midway through the third quarter, the Sixers went on to outwork and outhustle the Magic in coming away with a 96-88 victory. Not even a game-high 23 points from Victor Oladipo could stop the Magic from falling to a team that began the season with 17 losses in a row and had the worst record in the NBA at 2-23. Having lost at home Friday night to the Utah Jazz, the Magic made two changes to their starting lineup, going with rookie Elfrid Payton at one guard spot instead of Evan Fournier and Kyle O'Quinn at power forward in place of Channing Frye. Payton came out aggressive but was no factor in the second half. O'Quinn blocked four shots and also hit a 3-point field goal for the fourth time this season. Fournier provided a spark off the bench with 16 points, including three 3-...
- Boos and Outrage Follow Orlando’s Loss to Sixers December 22, 2014AP Photo/John Raoux Loud, vehement boos could be heard throughout the arena. No, the Orlando Magic were not playing in Philadelphia. The disapproving reaction came from 15,682 fans inside Amway Center on Sunday night as the Magic somehow managed to lose 96-88 to the Philadelphia 76ers. It’s about as low as you can get when you lose to the worst team in the NBA. It’s an embarrassing loss for a Magic team now 3-8 at ‘home’. Orlando just couldn’t stop Philly’s dribble penetration. A lot of the blame goes to the guards/wings. The free throw line was a problem. Orlando finished 11-of-20 from the charity stripe while the Sixers shot 20-of-25. Orlando got out-rebounded 53-42. Michael Carter-Williams led the victors with 21 points. Victor Oladipo had 23 points. Evan Fournier added 16 points while Nikola Vucevic notched a 19 points and 17 boards. Sixers had 3 guys get double-doubles: Henry Sims, Robert Covington, Nerlens Noel. Stats mean nothing tonight. If there’s a panic button to hit for...
- Magic 8-Ball: Seth Curry, Flip-Flops and Please Don’t Lose to Philly December 21, 2014In our Magic 8-Ball you’ll find quotes, tweets, Orlando Magic player social media posts, a random prediction that sticks to the Magic 8-Ball theme, any stats or tidbits you don’t find in our other MBO postings, and more. Basically a buffet of things that may slip through the cracks that are worth bringing up. #1: Despite the Utah Jazz Loss, Elfrid Payton Had Quite a Game A career-high in assists and the rookie’s first ever NBA double-double. Below are #2 through #8. #2: Rob Hennigan Receives Praise from Boston Media Pretty solid read here. #3: Evan Fournier is Quickly Adapting to Florida Living @EvanFourmizz wearing flip flops with jeans and a sweater ! And then they say that french people can dress . pic.twitter.com/xVm4FePBbn — Nikola Vucevic (@NikolaVucevic) December 15, 2014 Flip-flops in winter have the Frenchman already looking like a native. #4: Magic Show Charitable Support for the Beta Center In partnership with FOX 35 and FOX Sports Florida, the Orland...
- Magic Host a Holiday Party for 21 Local Families December 21, 2014As part of the NBA Cares Season of Giving, Orlando Magic players and coaches on Saturday afternoon spread some holiday cheer to 21 pre-selected local families from the Seminole County Families in Transition program and the Osceola County School District. The Families in Transition program was established in April 2003 to serve the educational needs of children in the Seminole County school system who are considered homeless. Today your @OrlandoMagic invited 21 Homeless families to a holiday party and surprised them with gifts! @nbacares pic.twitter.com/TmXu8iMoks — Magic Community News (@CommunityLeak) December 20, 2014 The Magic players, coaches, and basketball operations staff spent time with the families doing arts and crafts, face painting, taking photos with Santa, distributing gifts, and serving meals. The gifts and the party were made possible through the generosity of the entire Magic team. It was an ideal opportunity for the team to forget any on-court frustrations. ...
- Orlando Magic: Is Tobias Harris an All-Star? December 20, 2014The Orlando Magic recently put an advertisement out prompting fans to vote forward Tobias Harris into the All-Star game. At first, I laughed. Tobias Harris? I mean he’s evolved into a solid rotation player but All-Star? Surely the Magic’s marketing team had lost their minds. Then, I started to investigate. After a thorough investigation, I have changed my mind. 22 year-old Tobias Harris may very well deserve a spot of the East’s All-Star team. Tobias Harris On a team loaded with young talent, the University of Tennessee product is averaging a team high 18.4 points per game on 47.6% shooting. Throw in the fact that he’s averaging 7.6 rebounds per contest and has hit two clutch game-winners so far this season, and it’s fair to say that Harris has a legitimate case to be an All-Star. Now, Harris probably won’t be on the squad. There are simply too many high production forwards in the conference with more experience and greater popularity. Not that it should bother Harris or Magic fans. He is very y
- Trail Blazers Win 9th in a Row; Stephen Curry and the Warriors Roll November 27, 2014Wesley Matthews was 10 of 15 from the field and 6 of 9 from 3-point range as Portland improved to 7-0 against Eastern Conference teams.
- As Last-Gasp Shot Fails, Knicks Can Only Sigh November 13, 2014The Knicks faced an Orlando team playing its second game in 27 hours but could not take advantage.
- With All-Star Benched for Lax Defense, the Nets Hang On November 10, 2014The Nets won with a tenacious defensive performance in the fourth quarter, but they stuck with an effective Kevin Garnett as Brook Lopez watched from the sidelines.
- Magic Waives Nelson, Team’s Longest-Tenured Player July 1, 2014Jameer Nelson was entering the final year of a three-year contract but had only $2 million of the $8 million remaining guaranteed.
- With One Eye on Playoffs, Nets Use Late Flurry to Dispatch Magic April 14, 2014Coach Jason Kidd said he hoped to see the Nets “get better each time we take the floor” and to be healthy with these remaining games.