Orlando Magic Links of Interest
Orlando Magic Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Orlando Magic
Quick searches for Orlando Magic on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Orlando Magic News
- Victor Oladipo tries to stay patient after rough outings November 23, 2014With three minutes remaining in the first quarter Saturday night, Victor Oladipo saw a gap in the Miami Heat defense, and he immediately attacked. He put the ball on the ground and sped toward the hoop.
- Magic center Nik Vucevic continues to gain traction November 23, 2014Prior to the Orlando Magic's game against the Miami Heat on Saturday, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said — only half-jokingly — that Magic center Nik Vucevic would have been an All-Star last season if Vucevic had played all his games against the Heat.
- Orlando Magic lose to the Miami Heat 99-92 November 23, 2014During the first three weeks of this season, just five teams in the NBA did a better job of defending the 3 than the Orlando Magic. In their first 11 games, the Magic seemed to build a wall around the perimeter and limited opponents to 30.6 percent shooting from beyond the arc.
- Magic notebook: Calf strain prevents Tobias Harris from playing against the Heat November 23, 2014Through Friday, no NBA player had traveled more miles during games this regular season than Orlando Magic forward Tobias Harris.
- Miami's Dwyane Wade will not play when the Magic host the Heat November 22, 2014Wade will sit out his 5th consecutive game due to a hamstring injuryWade will sit out his 5th consecutive game due to a hamstring injury
- Video: Miami Heat vs. Orlando Magic Full Game Highlights November 23, 2014The Miami Heat (7-6) bested their Florida state counterpart Orlando Magic on Saturday night 99-92, as Chris Bosh dropped 32 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Heat to their 7th victory on the season. The post Video: Miami Heat vs. Orlando Magic Full Game Highlights appeared first on Heat Nation.
- 4 Takeaways from Heat-Magic November 23, 2014Read what stood out most from the Magic’s 99-92 home loss to the Heat. Vucevic Has His Way When asked about Nikola Vucevic’s growth as a player before the game, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra joked that he would already be an All-Star if every game had been against Miami last year. Vooch played the role of Heat killer again and exploited Miami’s obvious rebounding deficiencies. With the points and rebounds tonight, Vucevic has a double double in 11 of his 15 games. Some might say that is nothing short of All-Star level production. More Ben, Less Willie I have already said on this site and other places many times I prefer a Payton-Oladipo backcourt so that the young duo can have the most opportunities to gel together. Evan Fournier is also a big part of that guard rotation on most nights. Orlando does seem committed to giving Ben Gordon and Willie Green significant minutes though, especially if injuries persist. If I am the Magic, I play Gordon, sit Green and live with any defe...
- Court Vision: Hornets lose another big lead, fall to Magic November 22, 2014Here's an inside look at the Charlotte Hornets' 105-100 home loss to the Orlando Magic on Friday night: THREE-POINT TAKE 1. Once again, the Hornets let a big lead fade The season may be young, but the Hornets have already developed a pattern of building up sizable leads that were seemingly big enough to ensure victory -- only to fall apart in the end. A week ago at Portland (Nov. 11), Charlotte established a 23-point lead in the first half, before allowing the Blazers to rally back and win in the closing seconds. Then on Wednesday at Indiana, the Hornets raced to a 15-point lead in the second quarter -- but lost it again on a last-second shot. Against Orlando on Friday, the Hornets enjoyed another 23-point lead in the second half, the result of decisive mini-victories in the second and third quarters. Even so, it wasn't too large for the Magic to make their ultimate charge -- dominating the Hornets in the final period. With 3:21 left to play, Orlando tied it at 93-93, and the come...
- Aaron Gordon’s injury not as serious as previously believed November 21, 2014When the news came down that Aaron Gordon would be out with a fracture in his fifth metatarsal, the thoughts immediately went to Kevin Durant and the very similar Jones fracture he suffered in his foot. That appears to have Durant set to miss 6-8 weeks (essentially killing the Thunder’s season with Russell Westbrook‘s injury too). It is becoming apparent that Gordon’s injury is not anywhere near as serious — both for the team and for Gordon. Speaking on his weekly Sirius/XM radio show, Year One, Gordon revealed that he probably could be playing through his current foot injury but is sitting out as a precaution: https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/status/535570356866539520 .@IamAaronGordon doesn't have a Jones fracture like Durant, his is a little less serious. — SiriusXM NBA Radio (@SiriusXMNBA) November 20, 2014 Gordon is scheduled to see a specialist while the team is in Charlotte Thursday and Friday (the Magic play the Hornets on Friday). There might be a timetable coming out of t...
- Fans Struggle Naming Orlando Magic Players November 20, 2014Photo by Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images Well this is disappointing. Charles King of the Orlando Sentinel interviewed Magic fans attending a game at Amway Center. The task appears simple. Fans were shown photos of current Magic players on the roster and were only asked to name them. That’s it. How hard could it be? Head-bashing worthy hard apparently. Awful. This might be an all-time low for the fanbase. The good news is that people actually know who Nikola Vucevic, Evan Fournier, and Elfrid Payton are. It’s just difficult for the fans to figure out their names. This is a nightmare if you’re Maurice Harkless and Willie Green though. MOE’S BEEN ON THE TEAM AS LONG AS VOOCH! THIS IS THE THIRD SEASON NOW! Harkless has started 164 games in a Magic jersey. You have to know who he is. This is a pretty discouraging video for anyone who likes the Magic. To the kid who answered “LeBron James” for the only 3 African-American players he was shown, that’s not funny. I know it’s a ...
- As Last-Gasp Shot Fails, Knicks Can Only Sigh November 13, 2014The Knicks faced an Orlando team playing its second game in 27 hours but could not take advantage.
- With All-Star Benched for Lax Defense, the Nets Hang On November 10, 2014The Nets won with a tenacious defensive performance in the fourth quarter, but they stuck with an effective Kevin Garnett as Brook Lopez watched from the sidelines.
- Magic Waives Nelson, Team’s Longest-Tenured Player July 1, 2014Jameer Nelson was entering the final year of a three-year contract but had only $2 million of the $8 million remaining guaranteed.
- With One Eye on Playoffs, Nets Use Late Flurry to Dispatch Magic April 14, 2014Coach Jason Kidd said he hoped to see the Nets “get better each time we take the floor” and to be healthy with these remaining games.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.