Orlando Magic Links of Interest
Orlando Magic Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Orlando Magic
Quick searches for Orlando Magic on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Orlando Magic News
- Almost everything you need to know about going to a Magic game October 26, 2014Orlando Sentinel
- Spurs will deny LeBron again, win title October 26, 2014Is the 50-year wait over for the city of Cleveland?
- Infusion of new talent, hair should at least keep things interesting for Magic fans October 26, 2014The Magic's preferred image has been about teamwork, patience and players who buy into the old "There is no 'I' in team." There is an "I" in a lot of other words you could use to describe the franchise.
- Magic season predictions from our staff October 26, 2014We asked members of the Orlando Sentinel sports staff to offer their predictions for the Magic's 2014-15 season:
- Magic players talk about their autographs October 26, 2014They've spent countless hours practicing their techniques, making adjustments and tweaks as they strived for perfection. As they reached the pinnacle of pro basketball, some even changed their styles to match the demands of NBA stardom.
- Jameer Nelson Returns to Orlando and Receives Loud Ovation October 24, 2014It’s to no surprise that Jameer Nelson got properly acknowledged by the Orlando Magic organization and any fans inside Amway Center on Friday night. It was the celebrated return of Nelson, even if after 10 years in Orlando he’s now in a Dallas Mavericks jersey. Those cheers were definitely louder than what Stan Van Gundy received a week ago. During a first period timeout, the Magic showed a tribute video in honor of Jameer and all of the years he’s served with the Magic. Adam Papageorgiou is Owner/Editor of MBO and Founder of Orlando Magic Greek
- Magic Rumors: Tobias Harris won't sign contract extension, would "receive bonus in bigger market" October 24, 2014This week has been a roller-coaster ride for Orlando Magic fans. They managed to re-sign their franchise center, Nikola Vucevic, to a solid deal, but they might have hit an impasse in regards to re-signing forward, Tobias Harris. Harris, 22, will reportedly not sign an extension before the Halloween deadline, therefore becoming a restricted free-agent this upcoming offseason.Keep eye on Tobias Harris. Won't sign ext w/Orlando b4 10/31. Restricted FA next summer. Nike deal gives him upgrade if he in LA, NY or CHI— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) October 24, 2014The L.A. Lakers or Clippers, New York Knicks (Tobias Harris hometown), and the Chicago Bulls could certainly use his services, provided that he continues to develop, but not all of them could realistically afford him. However, these teams always find a way to get the players they want one way or another. An option that could be explored next offseason would be Harris signing his qualifying offer ($3,394,726) that would ...
- Victor Oladipo Out Indefinitely With Facial Fracture October 24, 2014As of today the Orlando Magic announced that their 2nd overall pick in 2013, Victor Oladipo, will be out for the 2014-2015 NBA season. If you had not known already, Victor Oladipo already was dealing with the injury of a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee, hence why he hasn’t played at all this preseason. While practicing on Thursday he had suffered the facial fracture and is now dealing with the fact that he has to miss the rest of the season before it has even started. This couldn’t be any more of a blow to the Orlando Magic due to the fact that they already have another player who suffered a season ending injury, Channing Frye. Channing, who also missed the entire preseason, has to deal with a sprained MCL in his right knee and is out for the 2014-15 NBA season. The Orlando Magic already knew they were a team that had to start from a new beginning but now this will bring an even bigger obstacle physically and, more importantly, emotionally. This should give the...
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely with facial fracture October 24, 2014Orlando Magic guard Victor Oladipo will miss Orlando’s season opener and is out indefinitely after suffering a facial fracture in practice Thursday, general manager Rob Hennigan announced Friday. Oladipo will undergo a corrective surgical procedure on Saturday. He was injured after taking an inadvertent elbow during a practice drill. This preseason, Oladipo has been recovering from a sprained MCL in his left knee. He played in 80 games (44 starts) during his rookie campaign with Orlando, averaging 13.8 ppg., 4.1 rpg., 4.1 apg. and a team-high 1.61 stlpg. in 31.1 minpg. The post Victor Oladipo out indefinitely with facial fracture appeared first on Sports Glory.
- Victor Oladipo Out Indefinitely - Facial Fracture October 24, 2014The Orlando Magic will start the NBA season without Victor Oladipo, who suffered a facial fracture during Thursday's practice. Oladipo was entering his 2nd season and looking to build on a solid rookie campaign, a year in which he averaged nearly 14 points per game, 4 rebounds and 4 assists. The Magic will turn to Evan Fournier at the 2 guard to start the season, a player they acquired this summer in a deal with the Denver Nuggets that sent Arron Afflalo back to Denver. Veteran guards Luke Ridnour and Ben Gordon should see extended minutes during his absence as well. We ranked Victor Oladipo 29th in our Top 50 Guards Rankings for Fantasy Basketball Orlando acquired the right to rookie PG Elfrid Payton during this years NBA draft, that sent the draft rights to Dario Saric and a 2017 1st round pick to the Philadelphia 76ers. Jameer Nelson was not extended, and was a free agent this summer, signing with the Dallas Mavericks. The Magic extended Nikola Vucevic on a 4 year $53 mil deal, and it wil
- Magic Waives Nelson, Team’s Longest-Tenured Player July 1, 2014Jameer Nelson was entering the final year of a three-year contract but had only $2 million of the $8 million remaining guaranteed.
- With One Eye on Playoffs, Nets Use Late Flurry to Dispatch Magic April 14, 2014Coach Jason Kidd said he hoped to see the Nets “get better each time we take the floor” and to be healthy with these remaining games.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Magic Sign a Center March 18, 2014The Orlando Magic signed center Dewayne Dedmon for the remainder of the regular season.
- Spurs’ Streak Reaches 6 March 9, 2014Tony Parker had 30 points as the host San Antonio Spurs overcame the Orlando Magic, 121-112.