Miami Heat Links of Interest
Miami Heat Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Miami Heat
Quick searches for Miami Heat on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Miami Heat News
- Miami Heat: What Should Be Their Starting Five? August 1, 2014Miami Heat: What Should Be Their Starting Five? Nekias Duncan, Lead Writer At Hoopstuff… This will be a bit of a transition year for the Miami Heat, who still plan to compete in the wide-open East after the departure of the NBA’s best player, LeBron James. Luckily, GM and “Heat-lifer” Pat Riley has done a very solid job of retooling the roster, giving the Heat a very fair chance to make noise in the East this season barring health issues. Among the starters, the biggest question mark is the point guard position. The Heat resigned Mario Chalmers to a two-year deal, have retained Norris Cole for now, and drafted UConn standout Shabazz Napier towards the end of the first round. During a conference call from Pat Riley, he did say that he was looking at Chalmers as a 2 (SG) as well as a PG, so that could open up some dual-PG lineups, or could open up a door for Napier or Cole to claim the starting spot. PG: Mario Chalmers Regardless of an absolutely awful playoff stint last season, Chalm...
- Pat Riley on LeBron James leaving: ‘I went into it with the notion he was coming back’ July 31, 2014After a few weeks of contemplation, reflection and perhaps some licking of wounds — although he would never admit to the last one — Miami Heat president Pat Riley spoke at length for the first time since the departure of LeBron James. During a 40-minute conference call with the media on Wednesday, Riley talked at […] The post Pat Riley on LeBron James leaving: ‘I went into it with the notion he was coming back’ appeared first on Sportress of Blogitude.
- Riley: LeBron Gave 'No Response' To Texts, Emails In Free Agency July 31, 2014Pat Riley never dissuaded from the belief that LeBron James would return to the Miami Heat in free agency, even when the two met in Las Vegas before James announced his decision to join the Cleveland Cavaliers. ''I went into it with the thought and the notion that he was coming back," Riley said, "and I was selling that to players, I believed that firmly, so I was selling that to players. And that's the only way I went into it. I let him know that. He never said to me, 'No, don't do that.' '' "I don't think I was misled. But I don't think I was encouraged either. That's business." Riley said he did not hear from James during the free agent process. "I sent him a lot of emails and texts," Riley said. "I was communicating a lot with him. No response." Riley then turned his focus to making the Heat a contending team. "There wasn't anything in that meeting that told me that wasn't going to h...
- Pat Riley Speaks LeBron’s Departure, Heat’s Future, and Free Agency July 31, 2014Pat Riley spoke with two writers today and gave his take on LeBron’s departure, Dwyane Wade, the signing of Chris Bosh, and Miami’s plan for the future. Pat Riley just spoke 2 writers. Went into FA process “w/the thought & the notion” LeBron was coming back. Still, says he didn’t feel misled. — Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) July 30, 2014 Riley, on losing LeBron, “It was a tough blow to take, but we’ve recovered very well, and I think we will continue to recover.” Pat Riley on LeBron’s decision: “Like Micky said, both of us were shocked. But you know, you recover.” Riley on LeBron at the start of free agency, “I went in with the notion that he was coming back. So I was selling it to players.” Riley on possibly being hurt by LeBron’s relocation, “I don’t get hurt. . . . This is business, all business.” Riley on leaving Vegas thinking LeBron would stay, “There wasn’t anything in that meeting that told me that wasn’t going to happen.” Riley, on having had to r
- Pat Riley Shocked But Motivated by LeBron Leaving July 30, 2014Pat Riley and the Miami Heat have dealt with quite the off-season. After a shocking five game dismantling at the hands of the San Antonio Spurs during the NBA Finals, the Heat lost LeBron James to the Cleveland Cavaliers in free agency just a few weeks later. That hasn’t stopped Riley from building his roster back up and moving forward. The team re-signed Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade, and brought in All-Star Luol Deng to replace James. After officially announcing Chris Bosh’s new contract earlier today, Riley spoke with some media and had plenty of quotables, including that he felt mislead about LeBron’s free agency. Ethan J. Skolnick of Bleacher Report has more from Riley. Pat Riley just spoke 2 writers. Went into FA process "w/the thought & the notion" LeBron was coming back. Still, says he didn't feel misled. — Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) July 30, 2014 Pat Riley, on whether he plans to b shaping team long-term: "Yes. I do. It’s fired me up, basically. I don’t like
- Wade Staying in Miami July 16, 2014Dwyane Wade signed a new contract with the Miami Heat on Tuesday but the terms of the deal were not announced.
- In Going Home, James May Be Ending an Exile From Himself July 13, 2014LeBron James’s return to Cleveland appears to be an emotional gambit motivated not only by dollars and cents.
- Twitter Reacts to LeBron James’s Return to Cleveland July 12, 2014James’s decision, of course, started a Twitter firestorm, as the world of the N.B.A. and beyond raced to react to the news.
- How Good Are Cavaliers Now? And Four Other Questions July 12, 2014With LeBron James joining a young roster in Cleveland, should the Spurs be worried? And what becomes of the Miami Heat?
- The Decision Is Reversed, and Cleveland Is in a Forgiving Mood July 12, 2014At age 29 and with two N.B.A. titles, James announced on Friday that he would return to Cleveland, where he played from 2003 to 2010.
Information on Injury | Personal Injury Lawyer | Personal Injury Attorney.