Charlotte Bobcats Links of Interest
Charlotte Bobcats Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Charlotte Bobcats
Quick searches for Charlotte Bobcats> on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Charlotte Bobcats News
- Larry Bird on Stephenson: 'I really feel bad about losing him' July 22, 2014Lance Stephenson’s overall character has come into question for as long as anyone can remember. It’s clear that he’s a talented athlete, and on some nights he even appeared to be the best player on the court. In a league that has brought together the best basketball players on the planet and some of the best athletes in the history of mankind, Lance standing out, even if only in spurts, really says something about this guy’s talent. It really makes you wonder what in the heck is going on. Why would Stephenson slightly more cash on a shorter deal, to play for a team with less talent? Remember, the Pacers offered Lance a five-year deal, worth a guaranteed $44 million. The deal Lance accepted from the Hornets is a three-year deal, worth a total of $27 million. The big catch is that Charlotte has a team option after year two, so Lance is actually only guaranteed $18 million. Do the math. Stephenson left his home, and the team who finished number one in the east last season, for less security, and a $200 g
- Larry Bird Says He Still Feels Bad About Losing Stephenson July 22, 2014Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird has been publicly critical of Lance Stephenson’s antics with LeBron James in the 2014 NBA playoffs; however he knows the phrase “you’ll miss me when I’m gone” appears to be ringing true, after Stephenson left $44 million on the table to sign a less-lucrative three-year, $27 million dollar deal with the Charlotte Hornets. Bird spoke to USA Today about his inability to retain Stephenson’s services: “I really feel bad about losing him,” Bird said. “I hope it doesn’t interfere with our relationship. But I did what I could possibly do to keep him here. Even if he didn’t have any other offers, I was committed to giving him that $44 million because I believe in the kid. If you look at our roster, we have five or six guys in the last year of their deals, plus David (West) and Roy (Hibbert) can opt out, so don’t you think I wanted to keep Lance and Paul (George) locked into long-term deals?” “It’s just disappointing,” Bird said. “When I’d go to
- Charlotte Hornets solidify backcourt in free agency July 21, 2014The Charlotte Hornets finished a stellar 2013-2014 campaign by making the playoffs for the first time since the 2009-2010 season. However, the Miami Heat exposed some of the Hornets’ more glaring weaknesses in a 1st round, four-game sweep. The sub-par Eastern Conference masked the fact that the Hornets were devoid of quality role players to direct a second team during stretches of a game. With flush cap room this summer, the Hornets front office vowed to make improvements and field a better team for the upcoming season. Here we take a look at some of the Hornets’ free agency moves and explain how they have solidified their backcourt. Brian Roberts Brian Roberts The Hornets signed the 28-year-old point guard to a two-year contract worth $5.5 million. Roberts went undrafted out of Dayton, played a few years in a German league, and has now found his NBA niche as a backup point guard. He averaged 9.4 PPG and 3.3 APG last season for the New Orleans Pelicans. When Jrue Holiday went down with an inju
- Predictions: Charlotte Hornets 2014 National TV... July 21, 2014I believe the days of Charlotte having zero or just one courtesy appearance on National TV are long gone. With the Hornets being a playoff team, having a very solid draft and adding Lance Stephenson who is the type of player that people will tune in to see so that they can either root for or against him, How many National appearances do you predict we get this season?
- Al Jefferson is excited about Lance Stephenson coming to Charlotte July 20, 2014Charlotte had what is considered one of the stronger, more professional locker rooms in the NBA last season. Veteran big man Al Jefferson and his steady demeanor was a big part of that. Now Lance Stephenson is being injected into that mix — and Jefferson is pumped about it. “I’m excited about Lance,” Jefferson said in the hall outside the Hornets locker room at the Thomas & Mack Center, where he had shown up to watch Charlotte eliminate New York from the Summer League tournament. “We’re all going to be on the same page as far as defense, and defense dictates the offense. “But Lance is a playmaker. That’s the reason he led the NBA in triple-doubles last year. He’s got this nastiness about his game that you want on your team. I was really excited to hear he signed with us and he wanted to do that. I think he’s got a lot to prove, and he wants to show people he can be a great superstar in this league.”
- For Third Time in 4 Years, Cavs Win Lottery May 21, 2014Another year, and another draft lottery won by the Cleveland Cavaliers, who had only a 1.7 percent chance of snagging the pick.
- Heat Sweep the Bobcats as James Scores 31 Points April 29, 2014LeBron James heard the cheers from the opposing crowd as he lay on the court holding his right thigh and writhing in pain. It seemed only to awaken him.
- James Powers the Heat to a 2-0 Series Advantage April 24, 2014LeBron James scored 32 points and added 8 assists to help the host Miami Heat beat the Charlotte Bobcats, 101-97, on Wednesday night.
- With Clouds Ahead, Heat Seize the Moment April 21, 2014While Miami’s victory in its playoff opener felt familiar, this postseason seems different for the two-time defending champion Heat, who could be tiptoeing toward uncertain times.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.