Charlotte Bobcats Links of Interest
Charlotte Bobcats Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Charlotte Bobcats
Quick searches for Charlotte Bobcats> on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Charlotte Bobcats News
- Lance Stephenson Woke Up This Morning in a Dancing Mood February 1, 2015It’s been a rough season away from the “Birdhouse” for the Charlotte Hornets’ Lance Stephenson. But with teammate Kemba Walker out for at least six weeks, Born Ready has a chance to shine. He did so Saturday night, dishing out 13 assists in a blowout victory over the Nuggets. Of course, the good vibes carried over to the morning where Lance treated all of his Instagram followers to a shirtless dance number on his bed.
- Gerald Henderson posterizes Jusuf Nurkic with huge slam dunk February 1, 2015As the Charlotte Hornets continue to stay in contention for the Eastern Conference playoffs, they faced off against the Denver Nuggets last night. During the game, Charlotte’s Gerald Henderson had a impressive highlight dunk where he soared to throw down the one-handed jam on Denver Nuggets center Jusuf Nurkic: That was pretty impressive, nice poster dunk Gerald! *** Gerald Henderson poster dunk [Sports Illustrated] Henderson image courtesy of Getty Images
- Cody Zeller’s Monumental Improvement January 31, 2015In 2013, the then Charlotte Bobcats owned the fourth pick in the NBA draft. Hope of nabbing a franchise superstar to build around buzzed throughout Charlotte fan circles. When Cody Zeller’s name was announced as being that fourth pick, fans cursed and ridiculed the organization for yet another unsuccessful draft pick that would be Charlotte-bound. Images of Adam Morrison resurfaced in the minds of fans, images they thought they had permanently forgotten. The organization defended their selection referencing the fact that Zeller was many experts’ preseason number one selection, and that he blew coaches and front-office staff away with a workout in Charlotte. Fans were still not convinced. When the season finally came, and Zeller hit the floor, fans witnessed a clumsy and skinny number four pick that seemed to be lost on defense, and showed the instincts of a deer in headlights when the ball came his way on offense. Cody Zeller was a bust, no doubt about it. His speed, size, and athle...
- Hornets Fall To Spurs 95-86 January 29, 2015The Charlotte Hornets began a three game road trip Wednesday in San Antonio. It was the first game for the team since losing Bismack Biyombo and Marvin Williams to injury, as well as the first game since Kemba Walker decided to have knee surgery, sidelining him for at least 6 weeks. The Spurs opened up a sizable lead in the first half–at one point up by 17–but the Hornets chipped away at the deficit in the third quarter. They held the Spurs to just 14 points in the period while scoring 26. The Spurs pulled away for the final time in the fourth behind their three-point shooting, and never looked back. The Hornets’ inability to score efficiently was prominently on display: as a team, they shot 41%, and 33.3% from behind the three-point line. Al Jefferson had a solid game in what was his first in the starting lineup since missing 9 games due to a groin strain; he finished with 17 points on 8 of 12 shooting. Brian Roberts, who is starting in place of Kemba Walker, struggled to shoot the...
- Kemba Walker to miss six weeks after surgery January 28, 2015Charlette Hornets point guard Kemba Walker underwent knee surgery to correct a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee on Wednesday in New York, according to the team. Walker is expected to miss six weeks, making a return on March 11, about one month before the NBA finals start. Since the injury, Walker has missed three of the last five games. With Walker sitting, the chance of the team reaching the playoffs becomes more difficult. He leads the Hornets, who have the eighth-best record in the Eastern Conference, in points, assists and steals. Coach Steve Clifford said Walker being out for any length of time would be a “significant hit” to the team. ”He’s been by far our best player,” Clifford said. ”You see it every year, every team. The Cavs without LeBron [James]. Oklahoma City without [Kevin] Durant. … It always starts at the top of your roster and that’s why most teams that are winning have a superstar. He is playing at a real high level.” Brian Roberts will replace Walker on...
- An Emotional Response to Charlotte Hornets’ Name Change November 4, 2014Nothing resembles a bouncing ball so much as the 26-year history of professional basketball in Charlotte, N.C.
- For Third Time in 4 Years, Cavs Win Lottery May 21, 2014Another year, and another draft lottery won by the Cleveland Cavaliers, who had only a 1.7 percent chance of snagging the pick.
- Heat Sweep the Bobcats as James Scores 31 Points April 29, 2014LeBron James heard the cheers from the opposing crowd as he lay on the court holding his right thigh and writhing in pain. It seemed only to awaken him.
- James Powers the Heat to a 2-0 Series Advantage April 24, 2014LeBron James scored 32 points and added 8 assists to help the host Miami Heat beat the Charlotte Bobcats, 101-97, on Wednesday night.
- With Clouds Ahead, Heat Seize the Moment April 21, 2014While Miami’s victory in its playoff opener felt familiar, this postseason seems different for the two-time defending champion Heat, who could be tiptoeing toward uncertain times.