Charlotte Bobcats Links of Interest
Charlotte Bobcats Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Charlotte Bobcats
Quick searches for Charlotte Bobcats> on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Charlotte Bobcats News
- Charlotte Hornets season preview: Roster Analysis October 1, 2014The Charlotte Hornets started training camp this morning in Asheville, NC for the upcoming 2014-2015 NBA season. This seemed like the perfect day for me to unveil Part 1 of my three-part series breaking down the Hornets roster and making projections for the season. Parts 2 and 3 will be coming in the next few weeks as Hornets fans look forward to the team’s first game on October 29 in Charlotte against the Milwaukee Bucks. General Roster Overview The Hornets were very active during the offseason as they try to make the leap from simply a playoff team to an NBA title contender (See also: the jump the Indiana Pacers have been making since Frank Vogel took over during the 2010-2011 season). The PG position is solid with returning starter Kemba Walker and free agent signee Brian Roberts. Roberts should provide the Hornets with a veteran presence in the 2nd unit and allow Walker more time to rest during the season. Hopefully this will translate into Walker having more energy late in games and in the play
- Hornets' Jefferson anxious to build on huge season September 30, 2014ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) Al Jefferson breaks into a wide, giddy smile and anxiously rubs his large hands together when he thinks about what he and the Charlotte Hornets might to able to accomplish this season. As the Hornets opened training Tuesday in Asheville, Jefferson praised owner Michael Jordan and the team's front office for landing Lance Stephenson and Marvin Williams in free agency and drafting P.J. Hairston and Noah Vonleh - moves he feels will greatly benefit a team that went 43-39 last season but was swept in the first round of the playoffs by the Heat. ''They got the weapons we needed,'' Jefferson said. Weapons the 6-foot-10, 289-pound center believes will help free him up from double teams in the low post - and give the team more scoring options if he kicks the ball back outside. ''I mean, I'm so happy about it I don't even want to talk about it because I feel like I might jinx it,'' Jefferson said. ''I had a lot of fun ...
- Hornets guard Stephenson ready to lead, take game to next level September 30, 2014When Lance Stephenson met with Charlotte Hornets owner Michael Jordan for the first time during the offseason in Las Vegas, he said he was awestruck and practically couldn't speak. He idolized the man many consider to be the best basketball player to ever put on a pair of sneakers and to have him sitting directly across from him and trying to lure the free agent to Charlotte was a bit overwhelming for Stephenson, who said he owns every pair of Air Jordan shoe ever made. After leaving that meeting this summer, Stephenson, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard, knew being a Hornet was in the cards. "I feel like I came to the Hornets at the right time," Stephenson said Monday at the team's media day event. "We changed the name and we changed the swagger. Everybody is happy about the new pieces that we got in place. Just the atmosphere here, you walk around and everybody is like, 'Hey Lance, we can't wait for the season to start.'" With Stephenson, who'...
- Charlotte Hornets Media Day 2014 – Part 1 September 30, 2014The Charlotte Hornets Media Day 2014 is officially in the books. Typically, I make a fairly big production of it via articles to discuss what the results of 1-on-1 interviews were. Don’t get me wrong, this year was the best Media Day I have attended with the Charlotte organization. Getting to see the arena, donned in purple and teal, players sporting their new uniforms, and hearing Coach Clifford speaking about expectations for the 2014-2015 season; it was as invigorating as ever. This year was a different format. Instead of being “free-floating” on the practice court, mingling with the news and radio media, the Blog Sites were assigned to a table on the main court in the arena, and all of the players in attendance were scheduled to visit us for a 10 minute block. We could ask as many questions as we could think of within those 10 minutes. An organized format for a change made the day run much smoother. One quick thought about being called a “Blog Site”: I don’t necessarily t...
- Hornets coach Steve Clifford: Lance Stephenson, Marvin Williams will start September 30, 2014The Charlotte Hornets have yet to bounce a ball at training camp, but we now know four of the five starters this season. Center Al Jefferson and point guard Kemba Walker were givens. Then Monday coach Steve Clifford said he plans to start free-agent signees Marvin Williams and Lance Stephenson. Williams, a nine-season veteran, will start at power forward ahead of second-year pro Cody Zeller. Stephenson, Clifford said, will be the starter at either small forward or shooting guard. That means the last starting spot, the one to be decided over the next few weeks, comes down to shooting guard Gerald Henderson or small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Kidd-Gilchist had one of the team’s better off-seasons, Clifford said, both in his conditioning and his work at developing a reliable jump shot. Henderson, a returning captain, is coming off surgery to clean out scar tissue from his right wrist. Henderson said Monday that scar tissue sometimes caused stiffness and discomfort when he drib...
- For Third Time in 4 Years, Cavs Win Lottery May 21, 2014Another year, and another draft lottery won by the Cleveland Cavaliers, who had only a 1.7 percent chance of snagging the pick.
- Heat Sweep the Bobcats as James Scores 31 Points April 29, 2014LeBron James heard the cheers from the opposing crowd as he lay on the court holding his right thigh and writhing in pain. It seemed only to awaken him.
- James Powers the Heat to a 2-0 Series Advantage April 24, 2014LeBron James scored 32 points and added 8 assists to help the host Miami Heat beat the Charlotte Bobcats, 101-97, on Wednesday night.
- With Clouds Ahead, Heat Seize the Moment April 21, 2014While Miami’s victory in its playoff opener felt familiar, this postseason seems different for the two-time defending champion Heat, who could be tiptoeing toward uncertain times.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.