Charlotte Bobcats Links of Interest
Charlotte Bobcats Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Charlotte Bobcats
Quick searches for Charlotte Bobcats> on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Charlotte Bobcats News
- Charlotte Hornets: What Should Be Their Starting Five? July 27, 2014Charlotte Hornets: What Should Be Their Starting Five? By Mike Elworth: Owner and Publisher/Hoopstuff… The Hornets (Bobcats) are coming off arguably their best season, have an excellent coach and young foundation and have signed a big free agent (Lance Stephenson) for the 2nd straight offseason (Al Jefferson). The Hornets aren’t among the 1st tier of Eastern Conference teams (Cavaliers, Bulls, Heat), but they could be in the 2nd tier (Pacers, Wizards, Hawks, Raptors) and should at least get their 1st playoff win next season. If their young talent improves and Stephenson fits they have a chance to win a playoff series next season. PG: Kemba Walker - Walker is their 2nd star and this season could become an All Star if he improves like he should. He became a better distributor this season and although his shooting numbers were far too low, those too should get better. He just averaged 17.7 points, 4.2 rebounds and 6.1 assists per game and if he is able to mature as a distributor and sc...
- Blogcat's Take, 7/26 - A closer look at Mar... July 26, 2014Forgive me, but last week’s Lance Stephenson signing was so sensational that it completely obscured two other acquisitions: Marvin Williams and Brian Roberts. Williams normally would have been significant enough to earn the full hand-wringing analysis by me, but he had the misfortune of signing a few days before Stephenson, and therefore all attention was subsumed by the irrepressible Lance. If you were to compare the three of them to last week’s tragic headlines, Stephenson was clearly the downed Malaysian jet liner and Williams was the Palestinian-Israeli attacks. Poor Roberts was just some severe Midwest weather.That’s definitely as it should be. Stephenson, after all, has the capability of catapulting the Hornets to the upper echelon of the Eastern Conference. Williams, meanwhile, has been putting out a remarkably consistent slightly-below-average product for years now, much like the writers of Sons of Anarchy. His PER has fluctuated from 13.0 – 16.0 going back to 2007-08, with ...
- Hornets ink rookie Vonleh, veteran Pargo July 25, 2014The Charlotte Hornets announced two signings on Friday, adding both youth and veteran leadership to the team. While financial terms were not disclosed, general manager Rich Cho reported the signing of first-round draft pick Noah Vonleh. The team also added point guard, and 10-year pro Jannero Pargo, who was re-signed to a one-year deal. Vonleh was the ninth overall pick in this year's NBA draft, after playing one season at Indiana University. He was an early-entry candidate after scoring 11.3 points and nine rebounds per game. The 6-foot-10-inch Vonleh also was awarded the Big Ten Freshman of the Year trophy. After the draft, Vonleh got an early start on his professional career by playing in the NBA summer league in Las Vegas. In seven games he scored 9.1 points and grabbed 10 rebounds per game. He shot 28.4 percent from the floor, after starting summer action 0 for 13. It's likely Vonleh won't be rushed into action. Hornets coach Steve Clifford is on record stating he'll bring Vonleh along sl
- Hornets' Bismack Biyombo Gives New Meaning to the Term 'Team Run' July 24, 2014This summer, Charlotte Hornets center Bismack Biyombo has been traveling in his native Republic of Congo. Biyombo, 21, was born in Lubumbashi, the country's second largest city. Biyombo was drafted 7th
- Grading the Hornets Free Agent Signings July 23, 2014The Charlotte Hornets have attempted to make a big splash in free agency this season, by acquiring some bigger name guys, as well as making moves in the draft to put themselves in a better position to win. Below I grade the Hornets free agent signings.Lance StephensonUSATSIGrade: A Lance Stephenson was a fantastic signing for this team. First off, they got him to take less than what he was asking, and furthermore, less than what the Pacers were offering. Also, the Hornets get their Gerald Henderson replacement, and while Henderson will post decent stats, he’s not the type of reliable player you want in a contending team’s line-up. Stephenson will be very productive from the Shooting Guard spot in Charlotte. The team needed backcourt help, and wing production on both ends of the floor, and Lance Stephenson will give them that.
- For Third Time in 4 Years, Cavs Win Lottery May 21, 2014Another year, and another draft lottery won by the Cleveland Cavaliers, who had only a 1.7 percent chance of snagging the pick.
- Heat Sweep the Bobcats as James Scores 31 Points April 29, 2014LeBron James heard the cheers from the opposing crowd as he lay on the court holding his right thigh and writhing in pain. It seemed only to awaken him.
- James Powers the Heat to a 2-0 Series Advantage April 24, 2014LeBron James scored 32 points and added 8 assists to help the host Miami Heat beat the Charlotte Bobcats, 101-97, on Wednesday night.
- With Clouds Ahead, Heat Seize the Moment April 21, 2014While Miami’s victory in its playoff opener felt familiar, this postseason seems different for the two-time defending champion Heat, who could be tiptoeing toward uncertain times.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.