Atlanta Hawks Links of Interest
Atlanta Hawks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Atlanta Hawks
Quick searches for Atlanta Hawks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Atlanta Hawks News
- Atlanta Hawks: Grading the offseason July 19, 2014This offseason many fans were expecting the Atlanta Hawks to make a serious push for a big name free agent like Lebron James or Carmelo Anthony. And just like last year when the Hawks failed to lure in Dwight Howard, James and Anthony have signed contracts and the Hawks were left looking at the second tier. That’s not a bad thing as Atlanta has a long term plan and they know what they’re doing. The Hawks targeted players like Luol Deng and Greg Monroe, but to no avail. Again this was not a failure, because the Hawks went out and found two players in the “role player” tier that will give them good value for their contracts. Defense is and will be the focus for Atlanta moving forward and signing Thabo Sefolosha and Kent Bazemore proved that. Sefolosha was signed to a 3yr/12M contract and was brought in strictly for defensive reasons. Sefolosha lost his three point stroke last season shooting only 31.6 percent from long range. The Hawks ability to spread the floor and create open shots should allow Sefol
- Can Elijah Millsap be the Next P.J. Tucker? July 18, 2014Elijah Millsap, the 26-year-old younger brother of Paul Millsap has been getting looks from NBA teams since he went undrafted in 2010 and hopes to be following a similar track to P.J. Tucker who made multiple trips to Vegas in the summer before landing a job with the Suns. “P.J. Tucker was 27 when he made pro,” Millsap said. “Guys like that are very inspirational and give you hope.”
- Mike Scott Loves Emojis July 17, 2014Atlanta Hawks player Mike Scott can use emojis without picking up his iPhone, can you? While most people only use emojis in conversations, Scott has a way to use the characters when his phone isn’t available: tattoos. Scott gained attention for his tattoos during the Hawks-Pacers series of the 2014 NBA Playoffs. However, the Hawks forward began his unique tattoo trend earlier in the season and has gradually added more. It was only during the playoffs that Scott saw more TV time and people began to take notice of the characters on his arms. Now before searching “Mike Scott emoji tattoos” and thinking he’s an idiot for his ink choices, there are a few things to know about Scott’s personality. As a University of Virginia fan, I’ve followed Scott since he began playing in 2007 for UVA. Both on the court and on the bench, Scott was constantly smiling and laughing with his teammates. Later in his UVA career, I began following Scott on Twitter (@mikescott) and Instagram (@mikescott_). Afte...
- Ivan Johnson the type of player the Celtics need? Gets ejected from Summer League game, says "I gotta @%*! whoever is in front of me" July 17, 2014One of the last times we saw Ivan Johnson playing regularly in the NBA, he did this..That's right. That is Mr. Johnson flipping off a Celtics fan after a Hawks Game 6 loss back in March of 2012. It was his rookie year, he was fined 25 grand, played one more year in the NBA and then disappeared.UNTIL NOW!!Ivan Johnson is back with avengeance, and he is not a new man. He's the same old Ivan. He's the type of man who has to "f*ck whoever is in front of him". Excuse his language.Video via: Basketball InsidersFor those that don't want to watch until the end of the video, Ivan Johnson is asked about his comeback and he says "I've got to kind of f*ck whoever is in front of me". That's the mentality every player in the NBA needs, according to Johnson. He should know.You can see Johnson's "**** everyone" mentality in full force in a recent Summer League game. Steve Kerr may have thought he was all badass getting a technical in a Summe...
- Saying “Really Motherf***er” to a referee got Ivan Johnson ejected from a summer league game (Video) July 17, 2014The NBA’s Las Vegas Summer League is a place for rookies to get some court time with their new teams and a good opportunity for others to impress in hopes of landing a spot on a roster for the upcoming season. Ivan Johnson, formerly of the Atlanta Hawks, most recently played for the Zhejiang Golden […]
- Hibbert Goes From Scoreless to Relentless, Helping Pacers Win Game 7 May 4, 2014Roy Hibbert, held without a point for two games, was aggressive in scoring 13 points for Indiana, which beat eighth-seeded Atlanta, 92-80, to advance. The Thunder and the Clippers also won Game 7s.
- Top-Seeded Pacers Avoid Elimination May 2, 2014After spotting the Hawks a sizable early lead, Indiana stretched the series to a seventh game at home.
- Atlanta Hawks Stress Their System While Leading Their Series May 1, 2014Not only do the eighth-seeded Hawks lead top-seeded Indiana, 3-2, but they have dictated style and pace, rendering the Pacers baffled and frustrated.
- Carter’s 3 at Buzzer Gives Dallas Series Edge April 27, 2014Vince Carter hit a 3-pointer from the corner as time expired to give the Mavericks a 109-108 victory over the Spurs and a 2-1 lead in the first-round playoff series.
- Hawks Grab 2-1 Lead on Top-Seeded Pacers April 25, 2014Jeff Teague hit a wild 3-pointer after the officials appeared to miss his stepping out of bounds, and Kyle Korver finished off Indiana from beyond the arc as the host Atlanta Hawks scored a 98-85 victory Thursday night over the top-seeded Pacers.