Atlanta Hawks Links of Interest
Atlanta Hawks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Atlanta Hawks
Quick searches for Atlanta Hawks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Atlanta Hawks News
- Dexter Pittman, Jarell Eddie Waived By Hawks October 21, 2014The Atlanta Hawks waived Dexter Pittman and Jarell Eddie on Tuesday.
- Atlanta Hawks CEO Says ‘Fo Shizzle,’ Because That’s Not Awkward Or Anything October 21, 2014Atlanta Hawks CEO Steve Koonin says "fo shizzle" with TI in a preseason video for fans, because that's not awkward or anything.
- 2014-15 NBA Preview: Atlanta Hawks October 21, 2014Atlanta has an unfortunate off-season with insensitive remarks from General Manager Danny Ferry, but I hope this won’t dissuade people from the team, which is subtly unconventional and the highest paid player, Horford, is only getting 12 million dollars a year. Atlanta has had trouble finding relevancy for years, but there’s an opportunity here to build something special. 2014 in review After signing Paul Millsap to a ridiculously small contract, Atlanta entered the season with hope, but Al Horford tore his right pectoral muscle — just a couple years after tearing his left pectoral muscle. They hung around admirably but suffered an awful 1-14 stretch where they lost big men Millsap, Antic, and Ayon at various points — they actually lost Al, their starting center, and Antic, their backup center, at the same time. They managed to play fine without Horford due to their depth, but once two or three other big men went out it was too much to handle. But incompetence was common in the east and they made the
- Hawks waive Eddie, Pittman, trim roster to 15 October 21, 2014ATLANTA (AP) The Atlanta Hawks have trimmed their roster to 15 players by waiving forward Jarell Eddie and center Dexter Pittman. The moves on Tuesday were expected. The offseason signings of wing players Thabo Sefolosha and Kent Bazemore, combined with the addition of rookie center Adreian Payne, left no openings on the roster. Eddie and Pittman didn't play in the Hawks' 117-114 overtime preseason win over Charlotte on Monday night. Eddie, a rookie from Virginia Tech, averaged 2.8 points in three preseason games. Pittman has played with Miami, Memphis and Atlanta in four NBA seasons.
- Hawks CEO & TI Team Up for Hilarious Promo Video October 21, 2014Atlanta Hawks CEO Stevie K and TI decided to team up to do a promo video for the team’s home season opener. What ensues can only be described as pure comedy.
- Luol Deng Forgives Danny Ferry September 27, 2014Miami Heat forward Luol Deng said he had forgiven Atlanta Hawks General Manager Danny Ferry for making racially charged remarks about him.
- Fractured Ownership Troubles Atlanta Hawks September 18, 2014The turmoil surrounding the Atlanta Hawks goes beyond recent insensitive remarks made by one of the team’s owners and its general manager.
- Atlanta Hawks' Owner Stumbles on Line Between Business and Bias September 16, 2014After outrage over an email by the owner of the Atlanta Hawks led to his decision to sell his team, companies have begun a conversation about singling out demographic groups.
- N.B.A. Hawks Issue Open Letter of Apology September 14, 2014The Atlanta Hawks released an open letter of apology to the team, fans and the city of Atlanta.
- Atlanta Hawks G.M. Danny Ferry Takes Leave Over Racial Remarks September 13, 2014Ferry will take what the Hawks called an indefinite leave of absence after disparaging remarks he made about the African-born British player Luol Deng came to light.