Atlanta Hawks Links of Interest
Atlanta Hawks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Atlanta Hawks
Quick searches for Atlanta Hawks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Atlanta Hawks News
- Indiana Pacers’ Roy Hibbert and Valerie Cooke got married (Photos) September 21, 2014Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert got married on Saturday to his fiancé Valerie Cooke. Pacers teammate Ian Mahinmi posted the photos on Instagram. “Congrats to the newly married couple,” Mahinmi wrote. Check out some of the wedding photos:
- Hawks GM takes indefinite leave of absence – detailed report September 19, 2014TweetAtlanta Hawks General Manager Danny Ferry has announced he will be taking an indefinite leave of absence from his duties with the NBA franchise, following the revelations regarding allegedly racist comments that were about Great Britain and Miami Heat small forward Luol Deng. Ferry was alleged to have said during a conference call in June that Deng “has a little African in him. Not in a bad way, but he’s like a guy who would have a nice store out front but sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back,” although he has since claimed that he was merely repeating what others had said in regards to the Great Britain 2012 Olympic team captain from a scouting report, rather than saying those words on his own accord. Ferry spoke of his regret over the incident when issuing a statement that said: “In regards to the insensitive remarks that were used during our due diligence process, I was repeating comments that were gathered from numerous sources during background conversations and scouting about differen
- Knicks fans jimmy rig air conditioning unit to pay tribute to Mike Woodson (video) September 18, 2014The New York Knicks may have cut Mike Woodson loose all the way back in April, but the oft-criticized and constantly beleaguered former head coach still weighs on the hearts and occupies the minds of some Knickerbocker backers. Or at least two of them. Two Knicks fans posted a video to VINE showcasing how they, […] The post Knicks fans jimmy rig air conditioning unit to pay tribute to Mike Woodson (video) appeared first on Sportress of Blogitude.
- Dominique Wilkins Interested In Buying Hawks September 16, 2014Dominique Wilkins has an interest in purchasing the Atlanta Hawks. Wilkins declined to say whether he was one of the six current prospective buyers. It was released in a briefing on Tuesday that Wilkins will get a statue outside Philips Arena on March 6, 2015.
- Hawks giving Dominique Wilkins statue outside of arena September 16, 2014The Atlanta Hawks held a press conference concerning the sale of the team. But it was also revealed that a Hawks legend will be getting his own statue very soon. It’s long overdue, in fact. Via Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Dominque Wilkins will get a statue on March 6, 2015. — Chris Vivlamore (@CVivlamoreAJC) September 16, 2014 Dominique Wilkins played 12 of his 16 NBA seasons with Atlanta, where he’s the franchise leader in points, games played, and minutes. He’s also the 12th all-time leading scorer in NBA history with 26,668 points. Wilkins was the leading scorer in the 1985-86 season and was a two-time slam dunk champion. With all these accolades, it’s a wonder what took the Hawks so long to get him a statue. Congrats to ‘Nique. *** Wilkins picture courtesy of Getty Images.
- Fractured Ownership Troubles Atlanta Hawks September 18, 2014The turmoil surrounding the Atlanta Hawks goes beyond recent insensitive remarks made by one of the team’s owners and its general manager.
- Atlanta Hawks' Owner Stumbles on Line Between Business and Bias September 16, 2014After outrage over an email by the owner of the Atlanta Hawks led to his decision to sell his team, companies have begun a conversation about singling out demographic groups.
- N.B.A. Hawks Issue Open Letter of Apology September 14, 2014The Atlanta Hawks released an open letter of apology to the team, fans and the city of Atlanta.
- Atlanta Hawks G.M. Danny Ferry Takes Leave Over Racial Remarks September 13, 2014Ferry will take what the Hawks called an indefinite leave of absence after disparaging remarks he made about the African-born British player Luol Deng came to light.
- Fine Line Divides Inclusion and Exclusion in N.B.A. September 10, 2014A 2012 email by the Atlanta Hawks’ controlling owner, Bruce Levenson, shows how the league and team owners can alienate an existing black fan base as they seek to draw in more white fans.