Atlanta Hawks Links of Interest
Atlanta Hawks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Atlanta Hawks
Quick searches for Atlanta Hawks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Atlanta Hawks News
- Hawks Decline John Jenkins' Fourth-Year Rookie Option October 31, 2014The Atlanta Hawks have decided to allow John Jenkins to become an unrestricted free agent next offseason, declining his fourth-year rookie option, league sources told RealGM.Jenkins, Atlanta’s 23rd overall draft pick in 2012, has averaged 5.6 points and 1.6 rebounds in two seasons with the franchise. After contributing as a reserve in his rookie year, Jenkins missed most of last season with a severe back injury that required surgery.Jenkins played three seasons at Vanderbilt before entering the NBA in 2012.
- Raptors claw past the Atlanta Hawks in season opener; 109-102 October 30, 2014After a confidence & team building 2013-14 season, featuring a tough First Round, Game 7, playoff exit at the hands of their Atlantic Division rival, Brooklyn Nets, the Toronto Raptors were eager to get back on the court to tip off of the regular season. The Air Canada Centre crowd inside and outside, in Maple Leaf Square aka ‘Jurassic Park’, was electric and ready to show that ‘We The North’ continues to stand strong! First on the schedule for Toronto, were the visiting Atlanta Hawks. Atlanta is happy to have the services of power forward, Al Horford, back in their employ. Horford tore a pectoral muscle in December 2013 and missed the rest of the 2013-14 season. The Hawks were the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference last season, earning them a playoff berth, and they are eager to start building on that to start the campaign. The game was tightly contested early on, with the Raptors holding a slim 24-22 lead after the first quarter. After half time the Raptors were leading 6...
- DeRozan scores 15 points, Raptors heat Hawks October 30, 2014TORONTO (AP) DeMar DeRozan had 15 points and a career-high 11 rebounds, Kyle Lowry added 11 points and 10 assists, and the Toronto Raptors opened their defense of the Atlantic Division title with an 109-102 victory over the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday. Amir Johnson had 16 points and 10 rebounds, Jonas Valanciunas scored 17 points, and Terrence Ross had 13 for the Raptors, who were an NBA-best 7-1 in the preseason. Kyle Korver, Jeff Teague and Mike Scott each scored 20 points for the Hawks, and Paul Millsap had 13 points and 10 rebounds. Atlanta's Al Horford, limited to 29 games last season by a torn right pectoral muscle, had 12 points and 13 rebounds. Horford connected on six of his 15 attempts, and his baseline jumper at 10:06 of the fourth was the 2,500th field goal of his career. Back-to-back 3-pointers by Scott and DeMarre Carroll capped a 10-1 run to bring Atlanta within eight, 102-94, with 2:30 left in the fourth, and another 3 by Scott at 1:26 made it 103-99. Lowry made ...
- Raptors Pregame Bullets Podcast – Vs Hawks 10-29-2014 October 29, 2014The Atlanta Hawks visit Toronto to open the Raptors 20th NBA season on Wednesday night. The Hawks owing the long consecutive streak in the postseason among Eastern Conference teams at 7 years and the Atlantic Division winning Raptors hoping to build on last season's unexpected success. Check out the Pro Bball Report pregame video podcast here.
- Mookie Blaylock Sentenced To Three Years October 28, 2014Former Atlanta Hawks guard Mookie Blaylock was sentenced to three years in prison following a guilty plea. According to ESPN, on Monday Mookie Blaylock pleaded guilty to his role in the death of Monica Murphy stemming from a car crash in Atlanta. The former New Jersey Nets player took a guilty plea in exchange for a reduced prison sentence. He was originally sentenced to 15 years in May 2013. As part of the plea deal Mookie Blaylock’s sentence was reduced to seven years, which four of those years will be suspended. He will also serve eight years of probation. Mookie Baylock was drafted by the New Jersey Nets in 1989. In 1992 he was traded to the Atlanta Hawks which whom he spent seven seasons with. He ended his NBA career in 2002 as a Golden State Warrior. The post Mookie Blaylock Sentenced To Three Years appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- Atlanta Hawks Hire Goldman and Inner Circle Sports to Sell Team October 23, 2014The Atlanta Hawks’ hiring of the investment banks comes nearly two months after the basketball franchise’s majority owner drew criticism for remarks about the team’s black fans.
- Luol Deng Forgives Danny Ferry September 27, 2014Miami Heat forward Luol Deng said he had forgiven Atlanta Hawks General Manager Danny Ferry for making racially charged remarks about him.
- Fractured Ownership Troubles Atlanta Hawks September 18, 2014The turmoil surrounding the Atlanta Hawks goes beyond recent insensitive remarks made by one of the team’s owners and its general manager.
- Atlanta Hawks' Owner Stumbles on Line Between Business and Bias September 16, 2014After outrage over an email by the owner of the Atlanta Hawks led to his decision to sell his team, companies have begun a conversation about singling out demographic groups.
- N.B.A. Hawks Issue Open Letter of Apology September 14, 2014The Atlanta Hawks released an open letter of apology to the team, fans and the city of Atlanta.