Atlanta Hawks Links of Interest
Atlanta Hawks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Atlanta Hawks
Quick searches for Atlanta Hawks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Atlanta Hawks News
- Kyle Korver Sets Impressive Mark December 7, 2013Atlanta Hawks’, Kyle Korver has been one of the best in the NBA behind the arc. Lately, he’s proved that there truly is no such thing as an ‘off night’ for the current Hawks’ guard. Last night against the Cleveland Cavaliers, Korver hit a 3-pointer late in the first quarter to give him the record. The previous record was set by Dana Barros in the span of 1994-1996 as she had 89 consecutive games with a 3-pointer. In this span, Korver has shot 46.7 behind the arc(233-499). Korver is one of the better swingmen in the NBA today, and to see him go night in and night out hitting at least a 3-pointer each game has been something remarkable. Kyle Korver and the Hawks will play again on Monday against the Thunder as Korver seeks to continue building on his streak. Source: NBA – Thanks for reading! Follow @a_santiago1517 The post Kyle Korver Sets Impressive Mark appeared first on UTSN.
- Korver sets consecutive 3-pointer record in Hawks rout December 7, 2013ATLANTA -- On the night he set an NBA record for most consecutive games with a 3-pointer at 90, Kyle Korver talked about watching a highlight video a few years back that was filmed from his high school days in Iowa.He was the only sophomore on the team so he got the biggest jersey and the smallest shorts. Now 6-foot-7 and 212 pounds, he said he stood 6-4 and weighed 160 -- "terrible pigeon, toed-super skinny" in his own words."I had helicopter spin on my shot back then," he said on Friday. "I kind of shot it twirled in the air. I don't know why things happen, why certain people get certain opportunities but I'm really grateful. It's been a really great ride and I think there's some time left to do some more so but, no, I never thought about being in Atlanta and doing something like this."In a 108-89 demolition of Cleveland at Philips Arena -- the Hawks led by 29 at one point as they won their second straight and improved to 11-10 -- it proved fitting that Korver
- WATCH: Kyle Korver breaks NBA 3-point record December 7, 2013Kyle Korver made history tonight, hitting a three-pointer for the 90th consecutive game, breaking the NBA’s all-time record. The record was set during the first quarter of the Cleveland Cavaliers-Atlanta Hawks game. Korver received a nice ovation from his team and the home fans after the made triple. Check out the video of the historic moment below. The post Report: Kyle Korver Breaks NBA’s All-Time Three-Pointer Streak Record appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- Kyle Korver sets NBA record for all-time three-pointer streak December 7, 2013After Dana Barros made at least one three-pointer in 89 consecutive games, I’m pretty sure that most people thought that record would never be broken. That all changed tonight when Atlanta Hawks guard Kyle Korver drained a three-pointer against the Cleveland Cavaliers to break the record with 90 consecutive games with a three pointer made. The shot came in the first quarter of play and Kyle was celebrated for his record by the organization at Phillips Arena: *** Korver image courtesy of Getty Images
- Hawks' Korver sets NBA record with 3-pointer in 90 straight games December 7, 2013Hawks swingman Kyle Korver has set an NBA record by making a 3-pointer in his 90th straight game. Korver hit the shot Friday night for Atlanta in the first quarter against Cleveland. He broke the mark of 89 games in a row set by Dana Barros from 1994-96. Korver is an 11-year veteran from Creighton. He missed his first 3-point shot against the Cavs before hitting. He entered the game having made 46.7 percent of his 3-point tries (233-for-499) during the streak.
- Korver Sets 3-Point Mark December 7, 2013Hawks swingman Kyle Korver set an N.B.A. record by making a 3-pointer in his 90th straight game in Atlanta’s 108-89 home win over Cleveland.
- Spurs Lose First at Home As Rockets Hold Off Rally December 1, 2013John Wall had 26 points and 12 assists, and Trevor Ariza scored 24 points for the Washington Wizards to beat the Atlanta Hawks.
- Wizards Edge Past the Lakers November 27, 2013John Wall stayed hot with 31 points and 9 assists and Nene had a career-high 30 points as host Washington ended Los Angeles’s three-game winning streak.
- Heat Win Fourth Straight November 20, 2013Chris Bosh scored 19 points, Mario Chalmers went on a personal 9-0 run in a 39-second spurt of the pivotal third quarter, and the host Miami Heat topped the Atlanta Hawks.
- N.B.A. Will Try to Avoid Repeat of Fashion Faux Pas at Garden November 18, 2013The Knicks and the Hawks experienced the sports equivalent of a wardrobe malfunction Saturday night, showing up in similar uniforms.