Atlanta Hawks Links of Interest
Atlanta Hawks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Atlanta Hawks
Quick searches for Atlanta Hawks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Atlanta Hawks News
- LeBron Drops Thabo Sefolosha With Crossover (Video) December 18, 2014LeBron is not usually known for his handle, but he put on display Wednesday when he made a really good defender look silly. Thabo Sefolosha is one of the more sound defenders in the league, but he was no match for this crossover from James. It was the only good thing to happen for James as the visiting Atlanta Hawks blew out the Cleveland Cavaliers 127-98.
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Atlanta Hawks Game Recap: Hawks Get Revenge, Dominate Cavs December 18, 2014(Cleveland, OH) – Despite yet another hot start in the first quarter, the Cleveland Cavaliers rapidly cooled off in a 127-98 drubbing delivered by the Atlanta Hawks at Quicken Loans Arena on Wednesday Night. After a 127-94 blowout loss to the Cavs a little over a month ago on November 15 in Cleveland, the Hawks were very hungry for revenge. The Hawks seized the opportunity and put on a shooting clinic against the Cavs. “That was embarrassing how we played and I apologize to the fans who came out,” said Cleveland head coach David Blatt after the game regarding the Cavs’ worst defeat of the season. “Just a poor, poor performance.” The first quarter looked extremely promising for the Cavs, who scored 34 points in back-to-back first quarters after outscoring the Charlotte Hornets 34-17 on Monday night. The Cavs are currently the highest scoring team in the NBA when it comes to point per game in the first quarter. In the closing seconds of the first quarter, LeBron James crossed over Haw...
- No excuse, and none given, for Cavs' flawed effort vs. Hawks December 18, 2014Random thoughts on the Cavaliers' embarrassment of a 127-98 home loss to the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday: 1. The Cavaliers weren't physical, they didn't rebound and they certainly did not defend. Other than that, the night was a smash hit. 2. How bad was it? Bad enough that Cavs coach David Blatt felt the need to apologize to fans. That doesn't happen often in the NBA. But it was warranted on this night. 3. Blatt greeted reporters wearing the look of a man who spent the previous 48 minutes tumbling in a dryer with a pair of wet socks. His face was long, his voice was soft. "We just didn't defend at almost any point in the game," he said. "No excuse for that." 4.When these teams met nearly a month ago, the Cavs won by 33 points and limited the Hawks to a miserable 3-of-22 shooting on 3-pointers. On Wednesday, the Hawks finished a sizzling 16-of-28 on threes. No excuse for that, either. 5. So, who did the most damage for the Hawks? Well, take your pick. Al Horford (20 points, 10-of-14 ...
- LeBron James’ Cross-Over Sends Thabo Sefolosha To The December 18, 2014LeBron James and the Cavs fell to the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday night, but The King had a SportsCenter top 10 play. After briefly tripping, LeBron hit Thabo Sefolosha to the ground with the combo of moves. James was credited with the assists as Matthew Dellavedova wound up hitting a three-pointer. The post LeBron James’ Cross-Over Sends Thabo Sefolosha To The appeared first on Diehardsport.
- Cavs vs Hawks Behind the Box Score: Payback December 18, 2014Atlanta Hawks (18-7) 125 Cleveland Cavaliers (14-10) 96 [Box Score] Click here to sign up for WFNY’s Cleveland Cavaliers email newsletter At the end of the first quarter, the Cleveland Cavaliers were leading the Atlanta Hawks by a 34-26 margin. In what was hoped to be a good matchup between two of the Eastern Conference’s better teams, the Cavaliers looked like they were up for the challenge. From that moment forward, it was all Atlanta, though. The Cavaliers hung in there through the second quarter despite giving up 39 points to the Hawks, but in the third, Atlanta turned it on and the Cavaliers stood around and watched on defense as the Hawks got anything and everything they wanted. The Hawks outscored the Cavaliers 30-15 in the third and the rout was on. Those who remember the Cavaliers’ first matchup with the Hawks this season might remember a similar type game, only the roles were reversed in that one. The Cavaliers were hitting everything and the Hawks looked like they were playing in slow motion
- Hawks and Clippers Extend Their Streaks December 11, 2014Kyle Korver and Paul Millsap each scored 17 points, and Atlanta beat the Philadelphia 76ers, 95-79, giving the Hawks their longest winning streak in 17 years.
- Balanced Scoring by Hawks Helps Beat Lopez and Nets December 6, 2014DeMarre Carroll led the Hawks to their fifth straight victory despite 20 points from the Nets’ Lopez.
- Lakers Earn Second Victory November 19, 2014Kobe Bryant scored 28 points, and the Los Angeles Lakers won for only the second time this season, beating the host Atlanta Hawks, 114-109.
- Cavaliers Make 19 3-Pointers to Overwhelm Hawks; Grizzlies Continue Fast Start November 16, 2014Cleveland made its first 11 3-point attempts, including nine in the first quarter, to rout Atlanta, and Toronto beat Utah for its sixth win in seven games.
- Jackson Offers Advice, but Knicks Fail to Follow It All November 11, 2014The team’s president, Phil Jackson, who has tried to stay in the background, told his players to protect the ball and shed defenders, but that didn’t happen against the Hawks.