Atlanta Hawks Links of Interest
Atlanta Hawks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Atlanta Hawks
Quick searches for Atlanta Hawks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Atlanta Hawks News
- Chris Douglas-Roberts Hits Game-Winning Floater against Hawks April 15, 2014The name Chris-Douglas Roberts may look familiar to you; Derrick Rose’s former teammate at Memphis, the 6’7” shooting guard has played on a different NBA team each of the last four season. However, it seems as though CDR has maybe found a permanent home this year. On Monday night, Douglas-Roberts was trusted enough by head coach Steve Clifford to take the last shot of the game against the Hawks and he did not disappoint, hitting a floater over 6’11” Mike Muscala as time expired. CDR’s hair game is on point as well: [YouTube] The post Chris Douglas-Roberts Hits Game-Winning Floater against Hawks appeared first on Diehardsport.
- Jeff Teague Named NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week April 14, 2014Jeff Teague of the Atlanta Hawks was named the NBA’s Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played from April 7 to April 13. Teague led the Hawks to a 3-1 record while averaging 20.3 points, 5.8 assists and 1.75 steals on the week. Behind their point guard, Atlanta clinched the East’s eighth playoff spot with wins over the Brooklyn Nets and Miami Heat. Game of the week: Teague’s highlight performance came against the Miami Heat on April 12, with him putting up 25 points, four rebounds and four steals in the playoff-clinching, 98-85 win. The post Jeff Teague Named NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- Why the Atlanta Hawks made the playoffs April 14, 2014In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. When examining why the Atlanta Hawks made the playoffs, this is the first thing that came to mind. It needs a little tweaking though. In the conference of dumpster fires, somebody has to finish eighth. That’s better. It’s a little harsh, but in many ways so was watching a lot of (L)Eastern conference basketball. That being said, much of the Hawks struggles this season had nothing to do with poor performance but just not having enough healthy bodies to put a competitive team on the floor. Losing Al Horford to a pectoral tear in December effectively set back any hopes the Hawks had of making a deep run in the playoffs. Combined with season injuries to Gustavo Ayon and John Jenkins, plus a variety of injuries taking starters like Jeff Teague, Kyle Korver, and Pero Antic for long stretches, it was an uphill battle at many points throughout the season. That the Hawks made the playoffs in spite of such adversity makes such an underwhe...
- Hawks To Hire Steve Koonin Of Turner As CEO April 13, 2014The Atlanta Hawks will soon name Steve Koonin, currently the president of Turner Entertainment Networks, as the franchise's chief executive officer. An announcement could come this week. Koonin oversees programming, marketing, scheduling, strategy and operations for TNT, TBS, Turner Classic Movies and truTV. The Hawks have been trying to improve their image, as they currently rank 28th in the NBA in attendance.
- Hawks halt Heat, clinch No. 8 seed in East playoffs April 13, 2014ATLANTA -- Here are three things we learned from the Hawks' 98-85 victory over the Miami Heat, clinching Atlanta's seventh consecutive postseason appearance and a season-series split against the defending champions (2-all): 1. Kudos to the Hawks for wrapping up a playoff spot earlier than expected On April 2, just 10 days ago, the Hawks suffered a gut-wrenching home defeat to the Bulls, a loss that momentarily dropped Atlanta below the New York Knicks (34-45) for the eighth and final playoff slot in the Eastern Conference. Morale must have been pretty low then, with the Hawks seemingly squandering a once-academic postseason spot to the Knicks -- one of the NBA's most sporadic clubs. But Atlanta pulled things together over the next four nights, sprinting past Cleveland at home (117-98) and then crushing Indiana on the road -- the infamous game where the Pacers mustered only 23 first-half points and trailed by 33 at the break. Throw in a pair of victories against playo...
- Knicks’ Playoff Hopes End as Hawks Cruise Past Heat April 13, 2014After three straight postseason appearances, the Knicks will be done after the regular season, as the Hawks earned a 98-85 home victory over the Heat.
- ‘Sweet’ Lou Hudson, Jump Shot Master With the Hawks, Dies at 69 April 12, 2014A reliable scorer in the N.B.A., Hudson was a six-time All-Star and named humanitarian of the year in 2003 by an association of retired players.
- Hawks End Nets’ Home Streak and Move Closer to Playoff Berth April 12, 2014Led by Paul Millsap’s 27 points, Atlanta maintained a two-game lead over the Knicks, handing the Nets their first loss at Barclays Center in 16 games.
- Desperation and Two Stars Fuel Much-Needed Win for the Knicks April 12, 2014The Knicks scrapped their way to a 108-100 victory against the Toronto Raptors on Friday night, improving their record to 34-45 with three games left to play.
- Resting Starters, Pacers Regain Top Spot in East April 10, 2014Indiana, playing without all five of its usual starters, moved a half-game ahead of Miami after Chris Copeland’s late layup gave the Pacers a 104-102 win in Milwaukee.