Atlanta Hawks Links of Interest
Atlanta Hawks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Atlanta Hawks
Quick searches for Atlanta Hawks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Atlanta Hawks News
- Klay Thompson vs Kyle Korver 3-Point Contest July 31, 2014Sharpshooters Klay Thompson and Kyle Korver challenge each other to a three-point contest and if you expected to see non-clutch shooting. This video is probably not for you. The post Klay Thompson vs Kyle Korver 3-Point Contest appeared first on Hooped Up.
- Kyle Korver was once traded for summer league fees, copier July 31, 2014TweetAtlanta Hawks sharp-shooter Kyle Korver has developed into one of the most dangerous outside shooters in the NBA, but there was a time when he wasn’t nearly as coveted as he is now. In a recent profile of Korver’s career to date, Grantland’s Zach Lowe writes that a then-2nd round pick Korver was traded by the New Jersey Nets to the Philadelphia 76ers for some uncommon terms. As the second round of the 2003 draft puttered along, the Nets watched as teams ahead of them plucked every player in which New Jersey had interest. The team was so low on cash, it considered selling the pick to finance its summer league team. With none of their preferred choices on the board, the Nets brass selected Creighton forward Kyle Korver with the 51st pick — and immediately sold his draft rights to the Sixers for $125,000. That covered summer league. With the leftover cash, the Nets bought a new copy machine. “We gave away a good player for summer league,” says Rod Thorn, the Nets GM at the time. “It was just o
- The Nets traded Kyle Korver for a copy machine July 31, 2014“As the second round of the 2003 draft puttered along, the Nets watched as teams ahead of them plucked every player in which New Jersey had interest. The team, fresh off an Atlantic Division win and an appearance in the NBA Finals, was so low on cash, it considered selling the pick to finance its summer league team. “With none of their preferred choices on the board, the Nets brass selected Creighton forward Kyle Korver with the 51st pick — and immediately sold his draft rights to the Sixers for $125,000. That covered summer league. With the leftover cash, the Nets bought a new copy machine.” –Zach Lowe of Grantland
- Stephen Holt Signs With German Team July 30, 2014Stephen Holt has signed a professional contract with a team in Germany. Holt, who averaged 8.6 points in the Las Vegas summer league, passed on a training camp invitation from the Atlanta Hawks. Holt hopes to play for the Hawks again in summer league next year.
- Ivan Johnson Signs Two-Year Deal With Mavericks July 29, 2014Ivan Johnson’s contract with the Dallas Mavericks will be for two seasons, with partial guarantees, league sources told RealGM. The Mavericks announced the signing on Tuesday. Johnson played for the Mavericks’ summer league entry in Las Vegas, averaging 7.8 points, 3.8 rebounds, one steal and 20.8 minutes per game. Johnson spent the 2013-14 season with the Zhejiang in the Chinese Basketball Association. Johnson, 30, had two productive seasons with the Atlanta Hawks in 2011-12 and 2012-13 – scoring 6.5 points and grabbing 3.9 rebounds per contest in 125 total NBA games. The 6-foot-8 forward worked himself back into the league through workouts late last season and into the summer.
- Hibbert Goes From Scoreless to Relentless, Helping Pacers Win Game 7 May 4, 2014Roy Hibbert, held without a point for two games, was aggressive in scoring 13 points for Indiana, which beat eighth-seeded Atlanta, 92-80, to advance. The Thunder and the Clippers also won Game 7s.
- Top-Seeded Pacers Avoid Elimination May 2, 2014After spotting the Hawks a sizable early lead, Indiana stretched the series to a seventh game at home.
- Atlanta Hawks Stress Their System While Leading Their Series May 1, 2014Not only do the eighth-seeded Hawks lead top-seeded Indiana, 3-2, but they have dictated style and pace, rendering the Pacers baffled and frustrated.
- Carter’s 3 at Buzzer Gives Dallas Series Edge April 27, 2014Vince Carter hit a 3-pointer from the corner as time expired to give the Mavericks a 109-108 victory over the Spurs and a 2-1 lead in the first-round playoff series.
- Hawks Grab 2-1 Lead on Top-Seeded Pacers April 25, 2014Jeff Teague hit a wild 3-pointer after the officials appeared to miss his stepping out of bounds, and Kyle Korver finished off Indiana from beyond the arc as the host Atlanta Hawks scored a 98-85 victory Thursday night over the top-seeded Pacers.