Atlanta Hawks Links of Interest
Atlanta Hawks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Atlanta Hawks
Quick searches for Atlanta Hawks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Atlanta Hawks News
- Spurs Express Interest In Gustavo Ayon August 29, 2014The San Antonio Spurs have expressed interest in Gustavo Ayon. Ayon is a free agent after playing for the Atlanta Hawks last season. The Spurs are also hopeful about re-signing Aron Baynes.
- Jeff Teague might have owned nearly 4,000 pair of sneakers August 29, 2014While there are many folks who claim to be sneakerheads, Atlanta Hawks guard Jeff Teague is one NBA player who can lay claim to that title. Recently, Teague did an interview with Slam Magazine’s Abe Schwadron and was asked about his sneaker collection that at one time was claimed to be over 4,000 different pairs: On a nightly basis, Teague is one of the League’s top candidates to shake a helpless defender right out of his shoes. Ironic, since he’s also one of the L’s biggest sneakerheads, once claiming to own upwards of 4,000 pairs of kicks. “I’ve got shoes everywhere. At my mother’s house, I have a room full, a garage full. At my house here in Atlanta, there are shoes everywhere, I can’t lie—downstairs, upstairs,” Teague says. “When I had my first house here in Atlanta, I know I had close to 1,500 pairs. At my mom’s house, it’s bananas, I don’t know how many I have there.” So, the next time you claim to love sneakers, remember Jeff Teague. *** Teague image courtesy of Getty Ima
- Atlanta Hawks: Dennis Schröder Leads Germany To EuroBasket August 28, 2014The majority of the talk surrounding international basketball at the moment is focused on the countdown to the FIBA World Cup, now only two days away, but it isn’t the only international play taking place. For the national teams in Europe who are set to miss out on the World Cup, their focus has already shifted […] Atlanta Hawks: Dennis Schröder Leads Germany To EuroBasket - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Hawks officially annouce re-signing of Scott August 27, 2014The Hawks officially announced the signing of Mike Scott Tuesday. The restricted free agent forward agreed to a three-year, $10 million contract, two years guaranteed plus a team option, earlier this month. “Mike has worked hard and continues to adapt, improve and expand his all-around game,” Hawks general manager Danny Ferry said in a statement. “We are very happy to have him with us going forward and we look forward to his continued growth with our group.” Scott, a 2012 second-round draft pick, received a qualifying offer from the team earlier this summer. The 26-year-old had a breakout season last season as he averaged 9.6 points and 3.6 rebounds in 18.5 minutes per game. He appeared in 80 games, including six starts, as he became a regular part of the rotation. He finished with a .479 field-goal percentage. He was 62-for- 200 (.310) from 3-point range after attempting one long-range shot as a rookie.
- Hawks forward Mike Scott earns new deal with scoring surge August 27, 2014The Atlanta Hawks have re-signed Mike Scott, who improved his 3-point shot in his second season and almost doubled his scoring average. General manager Danny Ferry says the 6-foot-8 forward impressed the team by expanding his game. Terms of the deal were not released. Scott, a second-round pick from Virginia in 2012, averaged 9.6 points last season, up from 4.6 as a rookie. He started six of his 80 games and also averaged 3.6 rebounds. Scott made 62 of 200 3-point attempts last season after missing his only 3 as a rookie. His five second-quarter 3s in Game 5 of the first round of the playoffs against Indiana were the second-highest total in any period in NBA playoff history.
- Hibbert Goes From Scoreless to Relentless, Helping Pacers Win Game 7 May 4, 2014Roy Hibbert, held without a point for two games, was aggressive in scoring 13 points for Indiana, which beat eighth-seeded Atlanta, 92-80, to advance. The Thunder and the Clippers also won Game 7s.
- Top-Seeded Pacers Avoid Elimination May 2, 2014After spotting the Hawks a sizable early lead, Indiana stretched the series to a seventh game at home.
- Atlanta Hawks Stress Their System While Leading Their Series May 1, 2014Not only do the eighth-seeded Hawks lead top-seeded Indiana, 3-2, but they have dictated style and pace, rendering the Pacers baffled and frustrated.
- Carter’s 3 at Buzzer Gives Dallas Series Edge April 27, 2014Vince Carter hit a 3-pointer from the corner as time expired to give the Mavericks a 109-108 victory over the Spurs and a 2-1 lead in the first-round playoff series.
- Hawks Grab 2-1 Lead on Top-Seeded Pacers April 25, 2014Jeff Teague hit a wild 3-pointer after the officials appeared to miss his stepping out of bounds, and Kyle Korver finished off Indiana from beyond the arc as the host Atlanta Hawks scored a 98-85 victory Thursday night over the top-seeded Pacers.