Atlanta Hawks Links of Interest
Atlanta Hawks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Atlanta Hawks
Quick searches for Atlanta Hawks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Atlanta Hawks News
- Former NBAer Josh Childress destroys opponent with violent flying elbow (video) October 24, 2014Josh Childress never really developed into the player most experts believed he would be during his seven-plus seasons in the NBA after being taken with the sixth-overall pick in 2004 by the Atlanta Hawks. Childress bounced around the league after four modest seasons with the Hawks, but for all intents and purposes, his NBA career...Read More The post Former NBAer Josh Childress destroys opponent with violent flying elbow (video) appeared first on Sportress of Blogitude.
- Celtics Claim Jarell Eddie Off Free Agent Waivers October 23, 2014The Boston Celtics have claimed free agent forward Jarell Eddie off NBA waivers, a league source told RealGM. Eddie was recently released by the Atlanta Hawks, and he drew multiple waiver bids before the Celtics were awarded his rights. Eddie could be being signed to be released as part of Boston’s allocated players to Maine in the NBA D-League. Eddie scored eight points and grabbed two rebounds in 39 minutes over four preseason games for the Hawks. Eddie, a standout at Virginia Tech, went undrafted in the June NBA Draft. He played in the summer league for the Washington Wizards.
- Atlanta Hawks: Mike Scott will win NBA’s Sixth Man award October 23, 2014In 2009-2010, Atlanta Hawks sixth man Jamal Crawford won the Sixth Man of the Year award for the first time in franchise history. After this season Mike Scott will make that two times in franchise history. Mike Scott entered last season as a player who would have to fight and earn his playing time. Once guard Lou Williams struggled in Coach Mike Budenholzer’s system, Scott emerged off the bench as the scoring threat the Hawks needed. Scott finished last season averaging 9.6 points per game and shot 31 percent from 3-point distance while only playing 18.6 minutes per game. Expect all these numbers to go up this season, drastically. The third year forward and former second round pick out of the University of Virginia is poised for a big season. If you don’t believe me let’s look at his preseason numbers. Scott averaged 12.7 points in just 20.4 minutes per game. This was third best on the team behind the sharp-shooting guard Kyle Korver who averaged 13.3 points per game and forward Paul Millsap who average
- Horford, Hawks aim to keep playoff streak alive October 21, 2014ATLANTA (AP) The team with the Eastern Conference's longest active streak of playoff appearances has a new problem: Mike Budenholzer doesn't know how to find playing time for so many healthy Hawks. Atlanta made its seventh straight playoff appearance in Budenholzer's debut as coach despite a series of injuries. Al Horford missed more than half the season and for a time the Hawks were without their top three centers. Overall, Atlanta players missed more than 200 games with injuries. At first glance it looked like just another ho-hum season of the Hawks making an early exit from the playoffs, unable to keep pace with the conference's elite teams. There is reason for optimism, however. Even without Horford, the Hawks gave top seed Indiana a major scare in the first round, losing in a tough seven-game series. The Hawks made progress while learning the ball-movement system Budenholzer mastered in his 19 seasons with the San Antonio Spurs. The Hawks, known in recent seaso...
- Atlanta Hawks CEO Says ‘Fo Shizzle,’ Because That’s Not Awkward Or Anything October 21, 2014Atlanta Hawks CEO Steve Koonin says "fo shizzle" with TI in a preseason video for fans, because that's not awkward or anything.
- Atlanta Hawks Hire Goldman and Inner Circle Sports to Sell Team October 23, 2014The Atlanta Hawks’ hiring of the investment banks comes nearly two months after the basketball franchise’s majority owner drew criticism for remarks about the team’s black fans.
- Luol Deng Forgives Danny Ferry September 27, 2014Miami Heat forward Luol Deng said he had forgiven Atlanta Hawks General Manager Danny Ferry for making racially charged remarks about him.
- Fractured Ownership Troubles Atlanta Hawks September 18, 2014The turmoil surrounding the Atlanta Hawks goes beyond recent insensitive remarks made by one of the team’s owners and its general manager.
- Atlanta Hawks' Owner Stumbles on Line Between Business and Bias September 16, 2014After outrage over an email by the owner of the Atlanta Hawks led to his decision to sell his team, companies have begun a conversation about singling out demographic groups.
- N.B.A. Hawks Issue Open Letter of Apology September 14, 2014The Atlanta Hawks released an open letter of apology to the team, fans and the city of Atlanta.