Atlanta Hawks Links of Interest
Atlanta Hawks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Atlanta Hawks
Quick searches for Atlanta Hawks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Atlanta Hawks News
- Atlanta Hawks: What Areas Must Jeff Teague Improve In 2014? September 1, 2014The Atlanta Hawks are excited about the upcoming season, and they believe that they have the talent to be a serious contender in the playoff race. They were the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference last season and pushed the top-seeded Indiana Pacers to seven games before finally being eliminated. Jeff Teague was one of […] Atlanta Hawks: What Areas Must Jeff Teague Improve In 2014? - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Atlanta Hawks: Team Close to Bringing Back Elton Brand August 31, 2014NBA veteran Elton Brand has been in the league for 15 years already, and that may not be enough. Brand said after last season ended that he wanted to play for one more season, and now it looks like he might just get that opportunity. Brand was a member of the Atlanta Hawks last season and saw his role increase significantly when Al Horford went down with a season ending injury. Brand was counted on as a valuable rotation player and was especially effective on defense. That appears to be enough for the Hawks to consider bringing him back for another year, according to Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. The Hawks could add a 15th player before the start of training camp next month. They are in negotiations with unrestricted center Elton Brand, who played last season with the team. The addition of Brand wouldn’t put the Hawks over the top, but the addition of a solid veteran presence in the paint definitely doesn’t hurt. It’d also be a nice insurance policy if Horford...
- Atlanta Hawks: Elton Brand Return Would Be Good News August 31, 2014As we continue to edge nearer and nearer to the preseason schedule, the Atlanta Hawks roster appears very close to completion. With 14 men currently on board, there’s still one available spot remaining though, and rumor has it that it could be filled by a familiar face. According to Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal […] Atlanta Hawks: Elton Brand Return Would Be Good News - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- James Harrison announces his retirement from football August 30, 2014The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported earlier this week that the Atlanta Hawks are talking to veteran forward Elton Brand about bringing the big man back. The Hawks could add a 15th player before the start of training camp next month. They are in negotiations with unrestricted center Elton Brand, who played last season with the team.
- Jeff Teague might have owned nearly 4,000 pair of sneakers August 29, 2014While there are many folks who claim to be sneakerheads, Atlanta Hawks guard Jeff Teague is one NBA player who can lay claim to that title. Recently, Teague did an interview with Slam Magazine’s Abe Schwadron and was asked about his sneaker collection that at one time was claimed to be over 4,000 different pairs: On a nightly basis, Teague is one of the League’s top candidates to shake a helpless defender right out of his shoes. Ironic, since he’s also one of the L’s biggest sneakerheads, once claiming to own upwards of 4,000 pairs of kicks. “I’ve got shoes everywhere. At my mother’s house, I have a room full, a garage full. At my house here in Atlanta, there are shoes everywhere, I can’t lie—downstairs, upstairs,” Teague says. “When I had my first house here in Atlanta, I know I had close to 1,500 pairs. At my mom’s house, it’s bananas, I don’t know how many I have there.” So, the next time you claim to love sneakers, remember Jeff Teague. *** Teague image courtesy of Getty Ima
- Hibbert Goes From Scoreless to Relentless, Helping Pacers Win Game 7 May 4, 2014Roy Hibbert, held without a point for two games, was aggressive in scoring 13 points for Indiana, which beat eighth-seeded Atlanta, 92-80, to advance. The Thunder and the Clippers also won Game 7s.
- Top-Seeded Pacers Avoid Elimination May 2, 2014After spotting the Hawks a sizable early lead, Indiana stretched the series to a seventh game at home.
- Atlanta Hawks Stress Their System While Leading Their Series May 1, 2014Not only do the eighth-seeded Hawks lead top-seeded Indiana, 3-2, but they have dictated style and pace, rendering the Pacers baffled and frustrated.
- Carter’s 3 at Buzzer Gives Dallas Series Edge April 27, 2014Vince Carter hit a 3-pointer from the corner as time expired to give the Mavericks a 109-108 victory over the Spurs and a 2-1 lead in the first-round playoff series.
- Hawks Grab 2-1 Lead on Top-Seeded Pacers April 25, 2014Jeff Teague hit a wild 3-pointer after the officials appeared to miss his stepping out of bounds, and Kyle Korver finished off Indiana from beyond the arc as the host Atlanta Hawks scored a 98-85 victory Thursday night over the top-seeded Pacers.