The Southeast Division included three of the newer teams in the league, including the newest franchise, the Charlotte Bobcats. The Atlanta Hawks, the Charlotte Bobcats, the Miami Heat, the Orlando Magic, and the Washington Wizards are the current five members of the Southeast Division.
In the 2006 NBA Playoffs the Miami Heat and Washington Wizards finished as the 2 and 5 seeds respectively.Â The Orlando Magic just fell short of making the playoffs after a valiant run.
Among the prominent players of the teams in the Southeast Division are:
- Al Harrington and Joe Johnson of the Atlanta Hawks.
- Emeka Okafor and Raymond Felton of the Charlotte Bobcats.
- Dwayne Wade, Shaquille O’Neal, Gary Payton, Jason Williams, Antoine Walker, and Alonzo Mourning of the Miami Heat.
- 2004’s NBA Draft #1 pick Dwight Howard and Grant Hill of the Orlando Magic.
- Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison, and Antonio Daniels of the Washington Wizards.