Milwaukee Bucks Links of Interest
Milwaukee Bucks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Milwaukee Bucks
Quick searches for Milwaukee Bucks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Milwaukee Bucks News
- Parker flashes talent, but gives self B- grade in debut July 12, 2014LAS VEGAS -- Making his professional debut in front of an overflowing NBA Summer League crowd, Jabari Parker wasted no time putting on a show as his Milwaukee Bucks took on the Cleveland Cavaliers in Las Vegas. Parker, the second pick of this year's NBA Draft, was up for the challenge right from tipoff, communicating confidently as he bounced between this year's first overall pick Andrew Wiggins and last year's first overall pick Anthony Bennett on the Bucks' first defensive possession. That was all the warmup Parker would need before showcasing his fantastic offensive talents. A lightning-quick spin move from the weak-side block left his defender rooted to the floor as Parker shot past him. A reaching foul was perhaps the only thing that interrupted Parker from finishing the incoming lob pass as the crowd broke its anticipatory silence with an "oooh!" Parker got aggressive after Nate Wolters drilled a couple of shots to take the lid off the rim. A designed lob play out of a timeout
- Bucks, Pacers Discuss Roy Hibbert Trade July 11, 2014The Milwaukee Bucks and Indiana Pacers have discussed a trade centered around Roy Hibbert, according to Gery Woelfel of the Bucks Beat. I was told by an NBA official that the Bucks also had discussions with Indiana and were interested in acquiring veteran Pacers center Roy Hibbert, who hasn’t performed up... The post Bucks, Pacers Discuss Roy Hibbert Trade appeared first on Hoops-Nation.
- Bucks Injury Update: Larry Sanders practiced with summer league team July 10, 2014The Milwaukee Bucks had a dreadful 2013-2014 season in which they won an NBA worse 15 games. They were 28th in the NBA in points scored and 25th in points allowed. The Bucks drafted Jabari Parker out of Duke with the second overall selection in the NBA draft. Anxious to see Parker and other young players in the Summer League, including Larry Sanders, who missed much of last season due to injury. The good news is that Sanders practiced with the team yesterday and should see game action in the near futureKeith Allison via Wikimedia CommonsI reported on March 21 that it was confirmed that Sanders would miss the rest of the season. He had surgery to repair right orbital fractures suffered during the Bucks game against the Rockets on February 8. Sanders said he would focus his efforts on getting better to help the Bucks get back to respectability in the future.Sanders ended a nightmarish 2013-2014 season averaging 7.7 points and 7.2 rebounds per game. Although he was unable to p...
- Parker signs rookie contract, will be worth $22.3 million over 4 years July 9, 2014Milwaukee Bucks forward Jabari Parker is signed, sealed and delivered. Parker, the No. 2 overall pick in the June draft, and the Bucks finalized his rookie-scale contract Tuesday, a source indicated Tuesday. The 19-year-old Parker is due to receive $22.3 million over the four years of the contract, with the last two years being team options as is standard in rookie-scale deals for first-round picks. Parker is receiving 120% of the slotted rookie-scale amount and will make $4.9 million in his first NBA season. The number bumps up to $5.2 million in his second season, meaning he is guaranteed $10.1 million in his first two years. The Chicago native will receive $5.4 million in the third year of the deal and $6.8 million in the fourth year.
- Ex-Bucks owner wrote huge checks to longtime employees July 9, 2014Former Milwaukee Bucks owner Herb Kohl sold the francise after owning it for 29 years. Kohl is well respected by his peers and most importantly his employees. Kohl has been know to give his employees money just from the kindness of his heart. But I think this time, Kohl might have out-done himself. According to Gery Woelfel of the Journal Times, Kohl wrote out four and five figure checks to his long time employees. Some Bucks employees received $40,000 while others received nearly $100,000. And there were even some individuals who were given checks that one person close to the situation described as “life changing.” Well that is very good way to leave a team unlike someone that we will not mention on here. Related posts: NBA Free Agency: Drew Gooden To Sign With The Milwaukee Bucks NBA Previewin’: Milwaukee Bucks Kareem Abdul-Jabbar wants to coach the Milwaukee Bucks
- Kidd Dismisses Intrigue Without Dispelling Mystery July 3, 2014Jason Kidd, now the Bucks’ coach, denied asking for greater clout within the Nets’ organization but evaded questions about the circumstances prompting the divorce.
- Nets Said to Get 2 Picks for Kidd July 1, 2014In a deal freeing Jason Kidd from his contract with the Nets so he can coach the Bucks, Milwaukee will provide two future second-round draft picks as compensation.
- Kidd’s Stunt Gives Nets a Chance to Upgrade July 1, 2014Working from the Pat Riley playbook, Jason Kidd winds up with a better payday and situation in Milwaukee.
- Jason Kidd Is Expected to Leave as Nets Head Coach June 30, 2014Kidd’s likely exit is said to come after a clash with ownership about expanding his role in the organization. The team has given him permission to speak to the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Kidd’s Power Play Is Bold, if Not Out of Character June 30, 2014For the Nets, the summer became a lot murkier over the weekend when it was revealed that Jason Kidd’s brief tenure as the team’s coach was most likely coming to an abrupt end.