Milwaukee Bucks Links of Interest
Milwaukee Bucks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Milwaukee Bucks
Quick searches for Milwaukee Bucks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Milwaukee Bucks News
- Bucks player profile: Larry Sanders October 22, 2014This is the 14th profile in a 15-part series running Wednesdays and Fridays profiling each Milwaukee Bucks player leading up to the start of the NBA season. No Milwaukee Bucks player was more visible in the summer of 2013 than Larry Sanders. Fresh off a breakout campaign in which he was one of the best defensive players in the NBA, Sanders was slowly becoming one of the faces of the franchise. Sanders signed a four-year, $44 million contract extension in late that summer, and the Bucks hoped the former first-round pick had not only turned the corner on the court but also had his personal life in order. As it turned out, he didn't. The tone for Sanders' 2013-14 season was set when he suffered a torn right thumb ligament in an altercation at a Milwaukee nightclub just hours after the Bucks' home opener in early November. 2013-14 stats: 7.7 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 1.7 BPG, 46.9 FG %, 47.3 FT % over 25.4 MPG in 23 games 2014-15 salary: $11,000,000 Last year: After reviewing the nigh...
- Energized O.J. Mayo making most of preseason October 22, 2014O.J. Mayo is a new man. It certainly looks that way after the Milwaukee Bucks guard lit up Madison Square Garden and the New York Knicks in a preseason game Monday night. Mayo, who struggled last season with weight and conditioning issues as the Bucks won a league-worst 15 games, said at the start of training camp that last year was buried. He's playing like he means it, finishing with 24 points in the Bucks' 120-107 victory over the Knicks. Mayo sank 6 of 10 shots from three-point range and was clearly in a rhythm as he played 31 minutes off the bench. "He's a veteran," Bucks coach Jason Kidd said. "He's a big part of this team. When he was with Dallas he was mentioned as an all-star. "His work ethic in practice and in training camp has been off the charts. You can see his hard work paying off." The Bucks (3-3), with only 10 players available because of injuries, took the fight to the Knicks (2-3) and won their second consecutive game...
- Milwaukee Bucks: Key players for fantasy basketball October 22, 2014With the NBA regular season starting on Tuesday, Oct. 28, we’ll be taking a look at which Milwaukee Bucks players will do well to help win fantasy basketball leagues. These recommendations will be based on ESPN’s standard scoring leagues. Larry Sanders Sanders was a popular fantasy draft pick in the early rounds of the 2013-’14 season and for good reason. He was a reliable center on a breakthrough to stardom in the NBA. He was consistent during the 2012-’13 season with near double-double numbers, averaging 9.8 points and 9.5 rebounds. Sanders also had a career high in blocks with 2.8 blocks per game. With such a rough season last year, some fantasy owners may not feel confident with picking Sanders in an early round. Sanders has great defensive skills and should be a great all-around center for fantasy basketball. If Sanders can return to form, which he has shown signs of this preseason, Sanders could be a steal in this year’s draft. Jabari Parker Rookies are often seen as gamble picks in any fantas
- O.J. Mayo Scores 24 In Bucks’ Victory Over Knicks October 22, 2014O.J. Mayo leads his team to a 120-107 victory scoring 24 points in Monday night’s game. Mayo’s reign began in the first quarter. He missed most of the second but returned in the third. With assists from Jabari Parker, Kendall Marshall, Jared Dudley and Giannis Antetokounmpo the Bucks defeated the Knicks by 13 points! Jared Dudley and Giannis both finished with 14 points. Jabari Parker and Nate finished with 13 and Kris Middleton and John Henson scored 11 points. Henson also had 10 rebounds. For the Knicks Carmelo Anthony was tied with O.J. Mayo of the Bucks with 24 points. He also finished with 9 rebounds. Tim Hardaway J.r. finished with 20 and Amar’e Stoudemire had 14. The post O.J. Mayo Scores 24 In Bucks’ Victory Over Knicks appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- Bucks Tuesday: Mayo especially motivated these days October 21, 2014ST. FRANCIS, Wis. -- O.J. Mayo came to training camp with his nightmarish first season with the Milwaukee Bucks behind him. The next step was to prove he could contribute on the court. After a slow start to the preseason, Mayo has averaged 18.7 points per game while shooting 54.8 percent from the field and hitting 56.3 percent of his 3-point attempts over Milwaukee's last three exhibition contests. Mayo came off the bench Monday to go 6 of 10 from beyond the arc to finish with 24 points in the Bucks' 120-107 victory over the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden. "I've just been working, man," Mayo said following Tuesday's practice at the Cousins Center. "Open shots, easy shots. We're all working together. The guys have been getting me open for an easy shot. Screens are that much easier because we understand the timing, the pass is more on target because we understand the timing. I think it all works together." After battling weight and con...
- For Derek Fisher, Knicks’ New Coach, a Rivalry Resumes October 21, 2014Fisher was opposed by Jason Kidd in a preseason game against the Bucks, and perhaps there was a bit of symbolism as two former point guards went about the business of coaching their new teams.
- An Arena Fairy Tale With Blurred Morals October 17, 2014The Bucks have joined the list of professional sports teams that have sought public financing to build arenas or stadiums, even as Milwaukee’s schools and recreation centers face money problems.
- Bucks Acquire Marshall July 21, 2014The Milwaukee Bucks were awarded the contract of Kendall Marshall, the second-year guard who was waived last week by the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Bucks Acquire Kendall Marshall July 21, 2014The Milwaukee Bucks have been awarded the contract of Kendall Marshall, the second-year guard who was waived last week by the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Kidd Dismisses Intrigue Without Dispelling Mystery July 3, 2014Jason Kidd, now the Bucks’ coach, denied asking for greater clout within the Nets’ organization but evaded questions about the circumstances prompting the divorce.