Milwaukee Bucks Links of Interest
Milwaukee Bucks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Milwaukee Bucks
Quick searches for Milwaukee Bucks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Milwaukee Bucks News
- Dwayne Wade Out Indefinitely, Could Return In 2-3 Weeks January 31, 2015Dwayne Wade of the Miami Heat Miami Heat guard Dwayne Wade left Tuesday’s night game against the Milwaukee Bucks after suffering a hamstring injury. Brett Pollakoff of NBC Sports reports, Dwayne Wade left Tuesday night’s contest against the Milwaukee Bucks with a hamstring injury, and was unable to return. His absence meant a winnable game turned into a loss, which only furthered to make Miami’s postseason chances even more precarious. Joe Goodman of the Miami Herald reports: Calling a sudden news conference on Thursday at AmericanAirlines Arena, Wade told reporters, “I won’t be seeing y’all for a little while, so take a good look at this face.” The shooting guard strained his hamstring on Tuesday night in the Heat’s loss to the Milwaukee Bucks, and he said the best-case scenario for his return would be two to three weeks. That means Wade would miss the All-Star game if he is picked as a reserve, and also miss Heat’s road game againstLeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers on Feb....
- Bucks end 17-game losing streak in Orlando with win over Magic January 30, 2015ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- For the first time in more than a decade, the Milwaukee Bucks could celebrate after a game in Orlando. Jerryd Bayless scored 19 points, Jared Dudley and Khris Middleton had 17 apiece and the Bucks ended a 17-game losing streak in Orlando with a 115-100 victory on Thursday night. The Bucks never trailed and placed seven players in double figures, including all five starters. Brandon Knight had 16 points and eight assists, and O.J. Mayo scored 13 points in Milwaukee's first road victory in the series since Dec. 29, 2004. Milwaukee had 29 assists on 45 field goals and shot 51.7 percent for the game, including 12 of 25 from behind the 3-point line. "I think our players take pride in moving the ball, making the next pass," Bucks coach Jason Kidd said. "I think they really enjoy playing with one another. That is why you see the ball move. They take pride in being part of the play." Starting center Zaza Pachulia, who could miss a week with a calf injury, joined fellow...
- Kenyon Martin, Bucks Sign Contract For Remainder Of Season January 29, 2015The Milwaukee Bucks have signed forward/center Kenyon Martin for the remainder of the 2014-15 season. Martin has appeared in eight games for the Bucks this season and averaged 1.3 points and 1.1 rebounds in 5.9 minutes per game. Martin signed his initial 10-day contract with the Bucks on Jan. 9, and was signed to a second 10-day deal on Jan. 19. RealGM's Shams Charnia first reported that Martin and the Bucks had agreed on a deal for the remainder of the season.
- Bucks sign Martin for remainder of season January 29, 2015Despite a limited role over his eight games with the team, Kenyon Martin will be with the Milwaukee Bucks for the duration of the year. The Bucks signed Martin for the remainder of the season Thursday, one day after his second 10-day contract with the team expired. Martin is averaging 1.3 points and 1.1 rebounds in just 5.9 minutes per game since inking a 10-day deal Jan. 9. The veteran forward played a season-high 12 minutes in Milwaukee's 109-102 victory over Miami on Tuesday, scoring two points with three rebounds off the bench. Martin has played less than eight minutes in six of his eight games with the Bucks. Because of Milwaukee's trip to London, Martin's first 10-day contract only covered three games. He was given a second 10-day deal on Jan. 19, meaning the Bucks had to sign the 37-year-old for the remainder of the season in order to keep him on the roster past Wednesday. The Bucks used a roster exception opened by Larry Sanders' suspension to sign point guard Jorge Gutierre...
- Governor says Bucks arena deal likely to include city, county January 28, 2015Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says any deal from the state to help pay for a new Milwaukee Bucks arena will also likely have to include contributions from the city and county. Walker spoke about the issue Wednesday after he announced a plan to have the state use $200 million in bonds to help pay for the arena. His proposal met some resistance from state lawmakers who say the city of Milwaukee and Milwaukee County should also have to chip in. Walker says he doesn't object to that and it's likely to be a part of whatever passes the Legislature. Walker's would pay off the bonds through projected growth in income taxes paid by NBA players. The Bucks could leave Milwaukee in 2017 if there is no new arena.
- Nets Drop to 3-10 in January With a Drubbing by the Jazz January 25, 2015Gordon Hayward scored 24 points, Trey Burke added 19, and the Utah Jazz rolled to a 108-73 win over the reeling Nets.
- Lopez Helps Nets Rout Wizards to Stop 7-Game Skid January 17, 2015Brook Lopez and Jarrett Jack each scored 26 points as the visiting Nets broke a seven-game losing streak with a 102-80 win over the Washington Wizards.
- Knicks Cross Ocean to Get Nowhere January 16, 2015The game was played on a different continent, but the result was the same: The Knicks were hammered, falling to 5-36.
- Knicks Heading to London as a Ragged Ambassador January 13, 2015Though they were in the conversation as the worst team in the N.B.A., the Knicks planned to represent the league “with a sense of pride,” Coach Derek Fisher said.
- 10-Day Contract With the Bucks Reunites Kenyon Martin and Jason Kidd January 10, 2015Because of injuries, Martin, a 37-year-old veteran forward, was likely to earn immediate playing time.