Milwaukee Bucks Links of Interest
Milwaukee Bucks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Milwaukee Bucks
Quick searches for Milwaukee Bucks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Milwaukee Bucks News
- Report: Monta Ellis Opts Out of Contract With Bucks, Will Test Free Agency June 17, 2013Monta Ellis is on the move, again. The 27-year-old point guard has informed the Milwaukee Bucks that he will be opting out of the final year of his contract to test the free-agent market, league sources told ESPN’s Chris Broussard. Ellis, who averaged a team-high 19.2 points per game, reportedly turned down a two-year contract extension worth $24 million that would require him to not opt out of the last year of his current contract. Ellis instantly becomes one of the most sought-after free agents this summer and is already drawing the interest of the Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers. The former Golden State Warrior shot only 41.6% from the field this season, his lowest since his rookie campaign, but has proven to be a lethal offensive weapon throughout his career on any given night. Ellis is very good friends with Lakers center Dwight Howard, who is also a free agent, but the move to L.A. for Ellis is unlikely because it would have to come via sign-and-trade. P...
- Monta Ellis opts out of contract June 17, 2013The 2013 NBA free agent class just got a little deeper, as guard Monta Ellis announced Monday that he will opt out of the final year of his contact with the Milwaukee Bucks. The Bucks badly wanted Ellis to return, and offered him a three-year, $36 million extension that he declined. Ellis started all 82 games last season in Milwaukee, and he averaged 19.2 points, 3.9 rebounds and 6.0 assists per game. He also shot 41.6 percent from the field, which was his worst performance since his rookie season. Still, Ellis was Milwaukee’s top scorer and is likely going to draw significant interest on the open market. The 27-year-old was traded to Milwaukee by the Golden State Warriors on March 12, 2012. Ellis arrived with Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown in exchange for Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson. The Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers are likely to show interest in Ellis, but a move to the Lakers is unlikely because it would have to come via sign-and-trade. The Phoenix Suns...
- Missner's Manifesto: Use The Force, Jason Kidd June 17, 2013( Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports) The retirements of Jason Kidd and Grant Hill over the past few weeks have left me in a nostalgic mood. The two 19-year veterans were the second and third picks of the 1994 draft, which was the height of my Milwaukee Bucks fandom. I was never more excited about a sports-related non-sporting event than the 1994 draft lottery when the Bucks won the right to possibly take either Hill or Kidd. Of course, they took neither player, opting for Glenn “Big Dog” Robinson (which caused me to dislike both Hill and Kidd who shared the 1994 Rookie of the Year award). At the time, the choice seemed like the obvious one after Robinson dominated the 1993-94 college season as a Purdue Boilermaker. He averaged 30.3 points and 10.1 boards.
- Reports: Monta Ellis opts out of contract with Bucks June 17, 2013ST. FRANCIS, Wis. -- Milwaukee Bucks guard Monta Ellis has informed the team he is opting out of the final year of his contract, according to multiple reports. Ellis, 27, had until Thursday to decide on a player option for 11 million next season and informed the Bucks on Monday morning he has decided to test the free-agent market. Acquired from Golden State in the Andrew Bogut trade on March 13, 2012, Ellis averaged 18.9 points, 3.8 rebounds and 6.0 assists per game in 103 games with the Bucks. Ellis started all 82 games last season for Milwaukee, averaging 19.2 points, 3.9 rebounds and 6.0 assists per game while shooting 41.6 percent from the field, his lowest shooting percentage since his rookie year. The Bucks reportedly offered Ellis a three-year, 36 million extension recently, with the extension requiring Ellis to not opt out of the final year of his current contract. Ellis reportedly declined the extension. Milwaukee's leading scorer from a year ago, Ellis is expected to draw significant interest fr
- Monta Ellis opts out of his final year with the Bucks and wants to team up with Dwight Howard June 17, 2013Monta Ellis will be opting out of the last year of his contract. By doing so, he will be letting go of guaranteed money and chase a longer deal elsewhere. [...]
- Bucks Fire Coach Who Led Them to Playoffs May 2, 2013A trip to the playoffs was not enough to save Jim Boylan’s job as coach of the Milwaukee Bucks.
- James Asks Wade to Sit, Then Picks Up the Slack April 29, 2013LeBron James led the Heat with 30 points in a victory over the Bucks in Milwaukee, setting up a second-round series with the Nets or Bulls. Dwyane Wade rested a sore right knee.
- Heat Push Bucks to the Brink April 26, 2013The Miami Heat’s latest spurt put the Milwaukee Bucks on the verge of elimination from the playoffs.
- With Fourth-Quarter Spurt, Heat Pull Away From Bucks and Take a 2-0 Lead April 24, 2013Mike Dunlap was fired after one season as coach of the Charlotte Bobcats. Indiana Pacers forward Paul George was named most improved.
- Celtics Roll and Secure No. 7 Seed April 14, 2013With Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett back in the lineup, Boston made easy work of Orlando. After losing Saturday, the Bucks will be seeded eighth and will face the Heat in the first round.