Indiana Pacers Links of Interest
Indiana Pacers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Indiana Pacers
Quick searches for Indiana Pacers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Indiana Pacers News
- Roy Hibbert does the Ice Bucket Challenge in Instagram video August 21, 2014It seems like a day for notable members of the Indiana Pacers to take on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Earlier today, we posted a video of Paul George doing it and this time around, Pacers center Roy Hibbert was up to the challenge. Check out Roy taking the icy bath in the below Instagram video: *** Hibbert image courtesy of Getty Images
- Larry Bird takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge August 20, 2014Recently, Indiana Pacers guard George Hill nominated Pacers president Larry Bird to do the ever-popular Ice Bucket Challenge. Earlier today, Larry accepted the challenge from George and did his Ice Bucket while sitting in a jacuzzi. Watch as Larry does the challenge in the below YouTube video and then dunks himself in the tub right after: *** Larry Bird Ice Bucket Challenge [Extra Mustard] Bird image courtesy of Getty Images
- NBA player shoots two consective airballs at the free-throw line? August 18, 2014Ok, so you’ve worked hard enough to make it into the National Basketball Association and can’t seem to find anywhere near the rim, not once but twice at the free-throw line, things just aren’t going your way… at least for one game. Indiana Pacers center Ian Mahinmi, a native of France, found himself at the line during his country’s matchup with the Philippines in an international exhibition on Friday, and boy did he embarrass himself. Not the Mahinmi is that bad a player. He’s actually a 65% career shooter from the free-throw line. We suppose he just had a really bad and embarrassing day… (H/T USA TODAY Sports)
- Pacers’ Ian Mahinmi Airballs Consecutive Free Throws In France’s Exhibition Game (Video) August 17, 2014Pacers’ Ian Mahinmi is currently playing for France as they prepare for the 2014 FIBA World Cup and the center didn’t have the best moment in an exhibition game against the Philippines as he airballed consecutive free throws. h/t The Score The post Pacers’ Ian Mahinmi Airballs Consecutive Free Throws In France’s Exhibition Game (Video) appeared first on Beyond The Buzzer.
- Team USA honors Paul George with 'United We Stand' shirts August 17, 2014Playing its first game since Pacers star Paul George suffered a gruesome broken leg during a scrimmage, Team USA played Brazil on Saturday in Chicago, with members of the team honoring George by wearing "United We Stand" shootaround shirts. George is expected to miss the entire 2014-15 season because of his injury. Asked earlier this week about whether the Pacers planned to wear a patch to honor George this season, Pacers GM Larry Bird smiled, per a report from The Indianapolis Star. "Patch?" Bird asked. "He's still alive. I don't think we'll do that. We'll just pat him on the back every once in awhile." United We Stand, indeed.
- From Metta World Peace to 'The Pandas Friend' August 11, 2014Metta World Peace, the American basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest, is changing his name once again as he joins the Sichuan Blue Whales.
- Paul George’s Injury Fuels Concerns in N.B.A. Over International Competition August 3, 2014The league receives global exposure through such play but gets few tangible benefits, and team owners worry about injuries to players they have invested a lot of money in.
- Abandon Hope, Almost All Ye Who Enter the N.B.A. Playoffs June 1, 2014More than the other major sports, the N.B.A. is extremely unlikely to have a dark-horse champion, largely because of the cap on individual players’ salaries.
- Heat Calmly Thrash Pacers and Book Annual Trip to the Finals May 31, 2014LeBron James and Chris Bosh each scored 25 points as Miami, the two-time defending champion, reached the finals for the fourth straight year. “It’s only another steppingstone to our goal,” Bosh said.
- Pacers’ Stephenson Gets in James’s Ear, but Not in His Head May 30, 2014Indiana stayed alive by winning Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals as Miami’s LeBron James was limited to 7 points.