Indiana Pacers Links of Interest
Indiana Pacers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Indiana Pacers
Quick searches for Indiana Pacers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Indiana Pacers News
- Paul George Uses Sick Hesitation Move to Blow By James Harden (GIF) March 8, 2014Paul George Hesitation Move In one of the few bright spots for the Indiana Pacers Friday night, Paul George leaves James Harden in the dust with a hesitation crossover. George finished the play off with a dunk for good measure. The post Paul George Uses Sick Hesitation Move to Blow By James Harden (GIF) appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- Pacers' Paul George plays through back stiffness March 7, 2014The Indiana Pacers lost to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday by the score of 109-87. It was the third largest margin of defeat for the Pacers. It was the second straight loss for the Central Division leading Pacers, who fell to 46-15 on the season. An area of potential concern for the Pacers is the injury status of small forward Paul George, who played through the last two games with back stiffness. Christophe95 via Wikimedia CommonsAs reported by Candace Buckner at indystar.com, George fell on his tailbone Sunday and played 40 minutes through the pain on Tuesday. His back stiffened against the Bobcats and he struggled in all phases, missing all nine shots from the floor, committing five turnovers and four personal fouls."I was just tight. Last night I was able to get through it just off adrenaline and then two nights of playing really put a lot of stress on my back tonight. I was sore and I tried to play through it, thinking it would loosen up but it was a tight ...
- Paul George says he wants LeBron James to be his mentor March 6, 2014Tweet Indiana Pacers guard/forward Paul George is on the brink of super stardom. It’s only fitting that he would want the NBA’s premier player to help him reach that status. In a recent interview with Basketball Insiders, George expressed his interest in having LeBron mentor him. “It would be great to be able to pick his brain, pick his mind and just talk about the game because I think he’s a player that can help me get to the next level and continue to keep going to the next level,” George told Basketball Insiders. “I wish some day we have that relationship where he is someone I can talk to—not during the season because I’m too competitive during the season—but maybe in the summertime. “All-Star Weekend, he gave me a couple words and every time I do run into him he gives me a couple words,” George said. “He’s a player as well that I look up to and wish would mentor me.” George has taken his game to another level this season after a breakout 2012-2013 campaign that ended in
- Paul George wants LeBron to be his basketball mentor March 6, 2014Pacers Paul George is poised to be the next in line for NBA superstar status. George is looking for a basketball mentor to help get him to the next level, and recently revealed that he wants King James to take him under his wing. It would be great to be able to pick his brain, pick his mind and just talk about the game because I think he’s a player that can help me get to the next level and continue to keep going to the next level. I wish some day we have that relationship where he is someone I can talk to—not during the season because I’m too competitive during the season—but maybe in the summertime. Having a basketball mentor is a smart move to make. However, Kevin Durant did that a few years ago, and some have speculated it’s a portion of the reason why the Heat – and King James – had the upper hand against the Thunder in the 2012 NBA Finals.
- Jefferson, Bobcats take down Pacers March 6, 2014CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Here are three thoughts from the Bobcats' 109-87 thrashing of the Indiana Pacers (46-15). 1. After Kevin Durant and LeBron James, doesn't Al Jefferson belong in the MVP discussion if the award truly means what it says? The shot clock was running low as the ball squirted out to nearly half court. Chris Douglas-Roberts recovered it and only had Al Jefferson anywhere close to open, albeit 31 feet from the basket. Not exactly Jefferson's target demolition zone. Nevertheless, he rose up straight in line with the basket and banged it off the glass. It went in. Of course it did. Everything seems to in the best year of his career thus far. This one -- Jefferson's only three of the game -- was the final polish of Jefferson's waxing of the team tied for the league's best record. Jefferson would pour in two more points two minutes later before receiving his curtain call as "MVP" chants scattered down from the rafters. Is it really that far fetched? If the award is
- Warriors Hand Pacers Rare Home Loss March 5, 2014A last-second jumper by Klay Thompson and hot 3-point shooting lifted Golden State, which handed Indiana just its fourth home loss of the season.
- Pacers Win Fifth in a Row; Parker Shines in His Return March 3, 2014David West and Paul George combined for 47 points to lead Indiana over the Utah Jazz.
- League-Leading Pacers Rally to Win February 28, 2014Roy Hibbert had 24 points and 12 rebounds to help the Indiana Pacers rally for a victory over the visiting Milwaukee Bucks.
- Villanova Prevails in 2 Overtimes February 19, 2014Ryan Arcidiacono had a 3-point play with 3.6 seconds left in the second overtime to lift visiting No. 9 Villanova to an 82-79 win over Providence.
- Pistons Give Interim Coach Win in Debut, Topping Spurs February 11, 2014John Loyer took over for Maurice Cheeks, who was fired after just 50 games as Detroit’s coach.