Indiana Pacers Links of Interest
Indiana Pacers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Indiana Pacers
Quick searches for Indiana Pacers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Indiana Pacers News
- Big fourth quarter helps Pacers down Magic, end 7-game skid January 26, 2015Close games have usually turned into losses for the Indiana Pacers over the past few weeks. This time, they put an end to their second-longest losing streak of the season. David West had 20 points, reserve Damjan Rudez added a career-high 18, and the Pacers snapped a seven-game skid with a 106-99 win over the Orlando Magic on Sunday night. ''It's been a tough year for all of us, and this isn't any more than one game. But it certainly feels good, and it's certainly good to see those guys out there having fun,'' Indiana coach Frank Vogel said. The Pacers trailed by seven entering the fourth quarter, but got 16 points from Rudez in the final 12 minutes. They outscored the Magic 31-17 in the quarter. George Hill had 17 points and six rebounds for Indiana in just his second game back from a left groin strain. ''Being down in the fourth quarter, it's easy to lower down your spirit and think we're going to lose the game,'' Rudez said. ''But we just hung in there, kept talking on the defe...
- Finally, Pacers break losing streak with win over Magic January 26, 2015I have been…um…busy, which explains the dearth of recent posts. I figured the Pacers were losing every game, so I might as well wait it out until they break the streak before posting again. Little did I know it would take this freaking long. Tonight, the Indiana Pacers overcame a 9-point deficit in the 4th quarter and rode the hot shooting of Damjan Rudez to finally snap their 7-game losing streak with a 106-99 victory over the Magic in Orlando. The win also snapped a 6-game road losing streak for the Pacers. After the game, Rudez, who scored 16 of his 18 in the 4th quarter, spoke about coach Frank Vogel’s positive attitude in getting the team over the hump. The Pacers know they have been very unlucky lately — and for most the season, in fact — with all the untimely injuries and bad bounces of the ball. During the losing streak, they lost by one to Philly, two to Detroit and Miami, and in OT to the Hornets. They also ran into the streaking Hawks and the contending Rockets on the roa...
- Splendid third quarter not enough for Magic against Pacers January 26, 2015ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- David West had 20 points, reserve Damjan Rudez added a career-high 18, and the Indiana Pacers snapped a seven-game losing streak with a 106-99 win over the Orlando Magic on Sunday night. The Pacers trailed by seven entering the fourth quarter, but got 16 points from Rudez in the final 12 minutes. They outscored the Magic 31-17 in the quarter. George Hill had 17 points and six rebounds for Indiana in just his second game back from a left groin strain. Nik Vucevic led four Magic players in double figures with 27 points. Victor Oladipo scored 18. It was the ninth straight Orlando opponent to score at least 100 points. The Magic fell to 5-20 this season when their opponent reaches triple digits.
- Indiana Pacers: Shayne Whittington sign of new direction? January 25, 2015The third quarter was winding down inside Phillips Arena, Pacers were down by more than 20 points, and the team looked flatter than the AFC Championship game footballs. That’s when Pacers head coach Frank Vogel made the decision to substitute center Shayne Whittington in the game for big Roy Hibbert. When nothing else is working and clearly nothing was for the Pacers who shot 39% from the field, try something new. That new something was power forward/center Shayne Whittington. Whittington was signed by the Pacers this past July but did not participate in the summer league due to a broken Fibula sustained in May. The Western Michigan standout averaged 16.1 points and 8.9 rebounds his senior year as a Bronco. The 23 year old has only made appearances in 13 of the teams 45 games. But the reserve player made progress and brought a glimmer of light to an ailing pacers squad. “I felt more comfortable out there just because… (Vogel) seems like he instilled a little trust in me to go out there,” said Whitting
- Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers Game Recap: Nail Biter January 24, 2015(Miami, FL) — The Miami Heat (19-24) held off a furious rally by the Indiana Pacers (15-30) in an 89-87 victory at American Airlines Arena on Friday night. The Heat led by as many as 21 points on three different occasions in the first half and entered halftime with a 54-37 lead. As has been the case for the entire season, Miami struggled in the third quarter as they were outscored 27-21 in the period. Indiana ended the third quarter on a 9-0 run and continued their momentum early on in the fourth, culminating their run by outscoring the Heat 17-2 during the stretch. Though the Pacers never held a lead in the second half, they came close—the Pacers’ George Hill converted on a driving layup with 7.2 seconds remaining to cut Indiana’s deficit to just one point, at a score of 88-87. The Pacers then fouled Dwyane Wade, putting him on the free-throw line where he would hit just one of two free throws. After a Pacers timeout, Indiana inbounded the ball, where Hill passed to a wide-open C.J...
- Timberwolves Use Mo Williams’s 52 Points to End 15-Game Skid January 14, 2015Williams, a veteran point guard, had the highest point total in the N.B.A. this season, going 19 of 33 from the field in a victory over Indiana.
- Kevin Durant Has 44 Points in Overtime Win January 1, 2015Kevin Durant scored a season-high 44 points in his return from a six-game absence as the Oklahoma City Thunder overcame Russell Westbrook’s ejection to outlast the Phoenix Suns in overtime.
- Pacers’ Bench Proves Too Much for Nets December 28, 2014Indiana’s bench dominated that of the Nets, outscoring it, 50-16.
- Nets Edge the Thunder to Halt Skid November 22, 2014The reserve Jarrett Jack scored 23 points to lead the Nets.
- Rockets Rout Heat to Improve to 5-0 November 5, 2014James Harden had 25 points, 10 assists and 9 rebounds for Houston, which used a 13-0 run late in the fourth quarter to pull away.