Indiana Pacers Links of Interest
Indiana Pacers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Indiana Pacers
Quick searches for Indiana Pacers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Indiana Pacers News
- Weekly NBA Fix 8-31-14: Indiana Pacers Take Another International Hit August 31, 2014Welcome to the Weekly NBA Fix for Sunday, Aug. 31, a day when Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird may be rethinking his commitment to international competition. After losing All-Star Paul George for the entire 2014-15 to a gruesome leg injury during a Team USA scrimmage last month, the Pacers will be without backup center Ian […] Weekly NBA Fix 8-31-14: Indiana Pacers Take Another International Hit - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Report: Pacers' Ian Mahinmi to miss 2-3 months after shoulder injury August 30, 2014At this pace, the Pacers are going to ban the word "FIBA" from the entire state of Indiana. After losing Paul George for the year to a gruesome leg injury, backup center Ian Mahinmi has developed what is believed to be a dislocated shoulder, which could keep him out 2-3 months and threaten his start to the season. Via Vigilant Sports: Indiana Pacers center Ian Mahinmi suffered a shoulder injury that will cause him to miss the 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain Aug. 30 to Sept. 14. The injury occurred Thursday during a morning practice in Vitória, a city in Brazil. “Yes, [the news is true],” Mahinmi wrote to VigilantSports.com early Friday. “I will be back in Indy sometime this week for (further) exam on my shoulder…” Mahinmi felt a sharp pain in his left shoulder and then had an MRI later that afternoon, which revealed the injury was severe enough to keep him out of the FIBA World Cup, according to the French Federation of Basketball. Team France's d...
- Ian Mahinmi Expected To Miss 2-3 Months With Shoulder Injury August 30, 2014Ian Mahinmi suffered a shoulder injury while playing for the French national team. Mahinmi will likely be sidelined two to three months, according to a France team doctor.
- Indiana Pacers: Schedule Indicates Difficult Stretches August 28, 2014Larry Bird didn’t take presidential reigns of the Indiana Pacers to settle for mediocrity. In a handful of years as the leader, it’s been nothing more. In 2013-14, the franchise had all the proper tools to claim a top seed, protect their city, and be front-runners for a title. For the first time in over […] Indiana Pacers: Schedule Indicates Difficult Stretches - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Pacers need David West to carry them August 28, 2014Pat Lovell-USA TODAY Sports The Indiana Pacers are going to be playing without their two best players from last season, after losing Lance Stephenson in free agency and Paul George to a broken leg. Indiana doesn’t have a great outlook for the coming season, and there simply aren’t enough players that can power them through the loss of George especially. One player that the Pacers are looking to have step up and lead the team this year is David West, but is he still capable of doing that? From Basketball Insiders: The Indiana Pacers are in trouble. The franchise lost emerging forward Lance Stephenson in free agency this summer receiving nothing in return which left many scratching their heads. To further compound the blow, shortly after, the team lost All-Star forward Paul George for the season in a freakish leg injury during Team USA preparation for the FIBA World Cup. The Pacers were already a unit that struggled to score at times and without their two leading playmakers, veteran forward David West will
- From Metta World Peace to 'The Pandas Friend' August 11, 2014Metta World Peace, the American basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest, is changing his name once again as he joins the Sichuan Blue Whales.
- Paul George’s Injury Fuels Concerns in N.B.A. Over International Competition August 3, 2014The league receives global exposure through such play but gets few tangible benefits, and team owners worry about injuries to players they have invested a lot of money in.
- Abandon Hope, Almost All Ye Who Enter the N.B.A. Playoffs June 1, 2014More than the other major sports, the N.B.A. is extremely unlikely to have a dark-horse champion, largely because of the cap on individual players’ salaries.
- Heat Calmly Thrash Pacers and Book Annual Trip to the Finals May 31, 2014LeBron James and Chris Bosh each scored 25 points as Miami, the two-time defending champion, reached the finals for the fourth straight year. “It’s only another steppingstone to our goal,” Bosh said.
- Pacers’ Stephenson Gets in James’s Ear, but Not in His Head May 30, 2014Indiana stayed alive by winning Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals as Miami’s LeBron James was limited to 7 points.