Indiana Pacers Links of Interest
Indiana Pacers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Indiana Pacers
Quick searches for Indiana Pacers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Indiana Pacers News
- Bird praises Hill on eve of season October 26, 2014INDIANAPOLIS (AP) The Indiana Pacers need a big year from George Hill to help make up for the absence of Paul George, and Larry Bird thinks the point guard is ready for the challenge. With Indiana set to open the season on Wednesday against Philadelphia, Bird singled out Hill as one of the players who could have a bigger role this year with George sidelined by a broken right leg. ''We got some guys we think are going to step up and play well,'' Bird said Saturday night at a charity event. ''I thought George Hill was excellent during training camp; he's gotten a lot better. I'm just amazed by how much better (Hill) has got.'' Hill is beginning his fourth season with the Pacers. He averaged 10.3 points in 76 games last year, when Indiana went 56-26 and lost to Miami in the Eastern Conference finals. Indiana got down to 15 players on Saturday by cutting rookie C.J. Fair and forwards Arinze Onuaku, Chris Singleton and Adonis Thomas. Despite an in...
- Indiana Pacers Force Lance Stephenson Out of Indiana October 25, 2014Over the Summer Lance Stephenson signed a three-year deal worth $27 million with the Charlotte Hornets as an unrestricted free agent in July. The choice wasn’t easy for him cause his first choice was to be a Pacer again. The Pacer aggressively went after Stephenson offering him a five-year 44 million dollar deal. Why did one of the best six men in the business leave 17 million dollars on the table. The Pacers gave Stephenson a time period to sign which didn’t give him and his agent enough time to look at things. They went on to listen to other offers. The Pacers then signed C.J Miles after Stephenson said no to the offer. With the deal completed the Pacers didn’t have nothing in the tank to sign Stephenson. He will return to Indiana on Nov 19th for the first time as the enemy and hopefully, he wont be blowing breezes in no ones ears. The post Indiana Pacers Force Lance Stephenson Out of Indiana appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- Game of the Night (10/23): Pacers 88, Hornets 79 October 24, 2014Game Rewind of tonight's #PacersWin over the Hornets with photos and a recap: http://t.co/q5QeANC4ly pic.twitter.com/Oi9uENLBjR — Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) October 24, 2014 Score Off. Rtg. eFG% O.Reb.% TO% FTR Indiana 88 94.7 48.6 20.5 17.8 38.0 Charlotte 79 84.5 39.7 7.3 12.4 35.6 C.J. Miles (IND) — 23 pts., 5 rebs. Al Jefferson (CHA) — 15 pts., 7 rebs. Game To Watch (10/24): Spurs vs. Rockets, 8 p.m./NBATV
- Hornets lose to Pacers in preseason finale October 24, 2014CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- C.J. Miles scored 23 points, Luis Scola had 15 points and 12 rebounds and the Indiana Pacers beat the Charlotte Hornets 88-79 on Thursday night in the preseason finale for both teams. Miles was 8 of 15 from the field, and Scola went 7 of 11. Indiana (3-4) limited Charlotte (3-5) to 37 percent shooting from the field. Brian Roberts started for the injured Kemba Walker and led Charlotte with 19 points. Al Jefferson had 15 points on 6-of-16 shooting and added seven rebounds, while Michael Kidd-Gilchrist chipped in with 13 points for Charlotte. The Hornets are limping into the regular season. Wallker (foot), Lance Stephenson (groin) and Gerald Henderson (hamstring) and forward Noah Vonleh (ankle) sat out with injuries. The Hornets trailed by 14 to begin the fourth quarter but cut it to 75-73 with 5:13 left behind rookie P.J. Hairston, who had a fast-break dunk off a steal and a 3-pointer. Miles made a driving layup sandwiched in between a pair of free throws and a bas...
- Pacers’ Paul George is back on the court… sort of October 23, 2014TweetOn Monday, video of Pacers forward Paul George getting up shots on the team’s practice court went viral. It was a welcome sight for fans desperate for a glimpse of the injured star on the court doing anything basketball related — and without a walking boot. Tuesday, George was back on the court — sort of. The Pacers star posted video on Instagram of him playing 1-on-1 with his dog, King. (King George, get it?) King does a good job of staying in front of the NBA All-Star, but then gets caught reaching in and gets crossed over before PG hits the jumper. To King’s defense, he didn’t let the basket discourage him, as he was quick to retrieve George’s change.
- Paul George Cleared for Limited Exercise September 26, 2014Less than two months after sustaining a gruesome compound fracture of his right leg, Paul George of the Indiana Pacers has been cleared to put weight on his injured leg and begin upper body work in the weight room.
- From Metta World Peace to 'The Pandas Friend' August 11, 2014Metta World Peace, the American basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest, is changing his name once again as he joins the Sichuan Blue Whales.
- Paul George’s Injury Fuels Concerns in N.B.A. Over International Competition August 3, 2014The league receives global exposure through such play but gets few tangible benefits, and team owners worry about injuries to players they have invested a lot of money in.
- Abandon Hope, Almost All Ye Who Enter the N.B.A. Playoffs June 1, 2014More than the other major sports, the N.B.A. is extremely unlikely to have a dark-horse champion, largely because of the cap on individual players’ salaries.
- Heat Calmly Thrash Pacers and Book Annual Trip to the Finals May 31, 2014LeBron James and Chris Bosh each scored 25 points as Miami, the two-time defending champion, reached the finals for the fourth straight year. “It’s only another steppingstone to our goal,” Bosh said.