Detroit Pistons Links of Interest
Detroit Pistons Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Detroit Pistons
Quick searches for Detroit Pistons on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Detroit Pistons News
- NBA All-Star Game Won’t Include Greg Monroe January 30, 2015The 2015 NBA All-Star game is rapidly approaching and the rosters for the east and west teams have been finalized. Unfortunately, Greg Monroe will not be included in this years contest. Many thought that Monroe had a chance to be a reserve for the Eastern Conference this year, especially due to his improved play ever since Josh Smith left town. Monroe is averaging a double-double this season with 15.3 points and 10.3 rebounds per game. However, in the Month of January those numbers improved to 16.8 ppg and 12.7 rpg. Greg Monroe misses the All-Star game again. So with these impressive numbers in a weak eastern conference why is Monroe not an all-star? The starting lineup is not a realistic spot for Greg Monroe seeing as it is just a popularity contest with the fans and has basically nothing to do with statistics or performance. If you don’t believe me try and explain why Kobe Bryant is starting in the West over James Harden. Greg Monroe is simply not a big enough name or in a big enough market to crack the
- It's business as usual for Pistons ahead of Josh Smith's odd homecoming January 30, 2015Jonas Jerebko hasn't seen enough of Marshawn Lynch's act to get the phrasing right, but that's where he was headed when he was asked about guarding Josh Smith Saturday night. "We've got a shootaround tomorrow, and we'll see what the coaches tell us," Jerebko repeated three times. When asked if he was trying to mimic Lynch's now-famous "I'm here so I don't get fined" line from Super Bowl Media Day, he laughed. "I haven't seen his press conference, so I don't know exactly what he said," Jerebko said. "But that's the general idea." No one that played with Smith in Detroit had anything bad to say about his return, and even Van Gundy said he wasn't going to guess how Smith or the fans will react to what should be an odd homecoming. Anthony Tolliver, who played with Smith in Atlanta and replaced him in Detroit, was more willing to talk about the fanbase's No. 1 villain. "There's always a little bit of extra incentive when you are playing against a team that just got rid of you, but especi...
- Pistons take advantage of rare practice session to self-critique January 30, 2015AUBURN HILLS -- Stan Van Gundy hasn't had many chances to work with his team during a busy post-Christmas period. When he got one on Friday, he made them do much of the work themselves. During a rare practice session, Van Gundy used most of the film portion to have the players break down their own interior defense -- something that has been a major problem in a four-game losing streak. "If there is a way of giving points in the paint, we're giving them up right now," Van Gundy said. "That's my biggest concern right now. We watched a lot of tape today, and I had them, not me, critiquing the plays." Jonas Jerebko thought that the unusual self-critique session got the point across. "It should be the same no matter who is telling you that you didn't do something right, but it is tough to hear it from your teammates," he said. "We know we've got to get better in the paint. We've got to make teams work hard to get shots at the rim, not give them easy ones like we've been doing." The Pisto...
- GM46: Rapid (Eat My Shorts Stan) Reacts January 29, 2015Detroit Pistons 69 FinalRecap | Box Score 89 Philadelphia 76ers Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, PF 31 MIN | 6-14 FG | 0-0 FT | 6 REB | 4 AST | 2 STL | 0 BLK | 2 TO | 12 PTS | +34 +/- The 1st Q of last night’s game was the Luc show as he scored 8 points in the opening stanza to propel the Sixers fast start and huge early lead. IMO 14 FGAs is too many for Luc, but we’ll over look that for now. This guy has to be worth a 2nd round pick to a contender that needs a big who defends well and score some, right? Robert Covington, SF 25 MIN | 7-11 FG | 1-1 FT | 5 REB | 3 AST | 1 STL | 0 BLK | 1 TO | 19 PTS | +22 +/- In his last 3 games leading up to last night, Covington was shooting 28% from the field (9-32), so it was nice to see him rediscover his shooting stroke vs. the Pistons and score 5 points in the 1st Q. He also drained two three-balls in the 3rd Q. Nerlens Noel, C 29 MIN | 2-5 FG | 1-2 FT | 4 REB | 5 AST | 4 STL | 2 BLK | 1 TO | 5 PTS | +34 +/- After an pathetic effort against the NOP, I wa
- Pistons' Caldwell-Pope will play in Rising Stars game January 28, 2015Even after Brandon Jennings' injury, the Detroit Pistons will have at least one representative at All-Star weekend. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope was selected to play in the Rising Stars game to be played Feb. 13 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Under the game's new rules, Caldwell-Pope will join other American rookies and sophomores, including former Michigan star Trey Burke, on Team USA. They will be coached by former Pistons coach Alvin Gentry against a World Team featuring Andrew Wiggins and Giannis Antetokounmpo. In his second season, Caldwell-Pope is averaging 11.8 points as Detroit's starting shooting guard. He still hasn't become the consistent outside shooter the Pistons need -- he's still making only 34.3 percent of his 3-pointers -- but he's one of the team's hardest-working defenders on the perimeter.
- Nets Drop to 3-10 in January With a Drubbing by the Jazz January 25, 2015Gordon Hayward scored 24 points, Trey Burke added 19, and the Utah Jazz rolled to a 108-73 win over the reeling Nets.
- Atlanta Wins 13th in a Row, Beating Detroit January 20, 2015The Atlanta Hawks earned their 13th consecutive win, one shy of tying the team record.
- N.B.A. Game of the Week: Pistons at Hawks January 19, 2015Detroit, surging since releasing forward Josh Smith, has a chance to avenge a close loss to Atlanta, which is in the midst of a 12-game winning streak and has the second-best record in the league.
- Pistons, Led by Kyle Singler, Defeat 76ers January 18, 2015Singler scored 20 points, and Greg Monroe had a double-double as Detroit routed visiting Philadelphia.
- Nets Fall to Pistons as Both Teams Struggle to Shoot From Beyond the Arc January 11, 2015Brandon Jennings scored all 18 of his points in the second half, leading the Detroit Pistons to a win at home over the Nets.