Detroit Pistons Links of Interest
Detroit Pistons Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Detroit Pistons
Quick searches for Detroit Pistons on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Detroit Pistons News
- Stan Van Gundy's big problem October 1, 2014Stan Van Gundy has a big problem. No, I mean he literally has a big problem, as in he has three big men who want to start and only two spots for them. While there is myriad issues Van Gundy faces as he takes control of the Detroit Pistons, there is no bigger priority than sorting out how he going to make the combination of Andre Drummond, Greg Monroe and Josh Smith work. "(Drummond, Monroe and Smith are) clearly three of our best players and yet when they all played together last year they clearly weren't very effective." This is intuitively and empirically a true statement. Lost in all of the disappointment and misery of last season is that the Pistons were often able to field a pretty decent team and they just continually chose not to do so. The Pistons played Drummond, Monroe and Smith together on the floor for 1,360 minutes last season. With those three on the floor together they were outscored by 185 points. The Pistons also played 1,540 minutes with just two o...
- Pistons Injury Update: Aaron Gray to miss all of training camp due to cardiac issue October 1, 2014The Detroit Pistons will be without big man Aaron Gray during training camp. The 29-year-old suffered a cardiac episode after a voluntary workout in late August. The 7-0 backup center is seeking additional medical advice from cardiac specialists, who will help him decide an official timetable for return to the court.#120939874 / gettyimages.comGray, who has a history of heart issues, hopes to return to the court as soon as possible."I'm taking a little bit extra time to gather as much information as possible," Gray told the Detroit Media, "I'm really hoping everything goes well. Once we have all the information we'll put a plan in place and be off and running... The body is responding great."Gray's absence from camp led to the Pistons signing Hasheem ...
- Monroe focused on season for Pistons September 30, 2014AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Greg Monroe had a clear message for Detroit Pistons fans Monday. "This doesn't mean I'm leaving," Monroe said at the team's media day. What he didn't say, though, was that he was staying. This summer, Monroe did something almost unheard of for a frontline NBA player -- he signed a one-year qualifying deal that costs him almost $10 million for this season but makes him an unrestricted free agent next summer. The obvious implication is that he wants a chance to find a better home after spending his first four seasons with one of the league's more dysfunctional franchises. "The Pistons offered me a long-term deal, but after talking it over with the people that are most important -- my agent, some friends and my family, I decided to turn it down," he said. "It isn't that I want to get out of the city of Detroit or this area -- I have loved it here since I arrived -- it is strictly a business decision based on m...
- Pistons' Greg Monroe says rumors of team discord 'lies' September 30, 2014Detroit Pistons forward/center Greg Monroe called them lies — not rumors — when discussing reports of a rocky relationship with his teammates, especially Josh Smith, that he didn't want to be in Detroit and why he signed a qualifying offer instead of a long-term deal with the Pistons. He tried to set the record straight during media day Monday and was adamant that this would be the final time he talked about the situation. He won't start the season in the starting lineup because he has to serve a two-game suspension for his February DUI arrest and guilty plea for impaired driving, but he said he's ready for at least one more season in Detroit — if not more. "After everything that has been going on, all I'm focusing on is basketball," he said. "I feel like right now that stuff is behind me. Nothing can be changed now."
- Detroit Pistons C Gray out with cardiac problem September 29, 2014AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) Detroit Pistons center Aaron Gray is out indefinitely after suffering a cardiac episode last month. Gray had the problem, which he didn't discuss in detail, after a voluntary practice session at the Palace. He said Monday he is still undergoing testing to find out exactly what needs to be done. He says there is no timeline on his return. Gray was signed during the summer to back up Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe at center. The Pistons have signed Hasheem Thabeet to a non-guaranteed contract to provide some depth at the position.
- From Metta World Peace to 'The Pandas Friend' August 11, 2014Metta World Peace, the American basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest, is changing his name once again as he joins the Sichuan Blue Whales.
- Pistons Upend Hawks April 9, 2014Rodney Stuckey scored 29 points, and the Detroit Pistons ended a 10-game skid in Atlanta with a 102-95 victory over the Hawks.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Home Streak at 15 as Nets Beat Pistons April 5, 2014The Nets remained two and a half games behind Toronto for the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference.
- With Rare Success, 76ers Fail to Break Record March 30, 2014Although the 76ers had tied the N.B.A. record for consecutive losses at 26, they won with flair on Saturday and failed to set a new mark in futility.