Detroit Pistons Links of Interest
Detroit Pistons Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Detroit Pistons
Quick searches for Detroit Pistons on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Detroit Pistons News
- Peyton Siva Has Signed With The Orlando Magic July 29, 2014Andy Lyons | Getty Images Just two weeks after the Detroit Pistons announced that they wouldn’t pick up the second year of his contract, former Louisville star Peyton Siva has inked a contract with the Orlando Magic. Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports was the first to report the news. Josh Robbins, the Magic beat writer for the Orlando Sentinel, reports that Siva’s deal is non-guaranteed and he’ll likely be sent to Orlando’s NBDL affiliate in Erie, PA., prior to the start of the 2014-15 season. The Magic already have 15 players under contract for next season, which is why he’ll likely be sent to the D-League. This isn’t the perfect situation for Siva, but Orlando obviously thought highly enough of him to bring him on as a back-up option. He’ll likely stay in the NBDL unless someone is waived or injured. After being drafted in the second round by Detroit last year, Siva signed a two year deal with the team with the second year being a team option. The Seattle native spent time in the NBDL ...
- A Fan’s Expectation for the Detroit Pistons in 2014 July 29, 2014Getty Last year at this time, I must admit, I was very optimistic for the Detroit Pistons. We were making moves and acquiring Josh Smith with Brandon Jennings made me feel like we had names to once again attach our team to.People would have to take the Pistons seriously for the first time since the mid 2000s. I at least felt like we had compiled a roster worthy of a playoff spot in the weaker NBA Eastern Conference. I was the biggest drinker of the Detroit “Kool-Aid”.Then, last year happened and the team’s flaws became apparent. J-Smoove was clearly playing out of position, as was Greg Monroe which hurt team chemistry, floor spacing, and production. Brandon Jennings, while he improved his assist numbers and looked better as a distributor than his time in Milwaukee, still made plenty of poor decisions and shot an abysmal 37% from the field (Basketballreference.com).That percentage was the lowest since his rookie season. On top of that we had a coaching shift midway through the season which further hur
- Andre Drummond Swats Draymond Green’s Dunk At USA Basketball Practice July 29, 2014There’s almost no question the Detroit Pistons’ Andre Drummond will make the USA basketball roster with Kevin Love and Blake Griffin withdrawing from the competition. Watch this block the 20-year-old had on the Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green during practice on Monday. [NBA Instagram] The post Andre Drummond Swats Draymond Green’s Dunk At USA Basketball Practice appeared first on Diehardsport.
- Meeks’ productivity as starter made him even more attractive to Pistons July 28, 2014Even if Kobe Bryant’s recovery from Achilles tendon surgery hadn’t opened the door to a broader role for Jodie Meeks, the Pistons likely would have targeted the five-year veteran shooting guard. He was one of the elite shooters to hit free agency, and shooting, after all, topped Stan Van Gundy’s off-season to-do list. But when greater playing time didn’t lead to any dips in productivity, Meeks became even more attractive to the Pistons. Meeks saw his minutes jump by more than 50 percent, but his scoring, steals and free-throw attempts all increased even when measured by per minute production. “The path you always want to be careful of, as roles increase and minutes increase and expectations increase, that a player can keep pace with those increased expectations,” Pistons general manager Jeff Bower told me recently. “That’s really a test of a young player to develop from one level to the next. That was good to watch his progress in that regard. We had a good comfort level with that...
- Justin Timberlake celebrates Detroit Pistons Bad Boys on Instagram July 28, 2014In case you didn’t know already, singer Justin Timberlake is currently on his 20/20 tour and tonight is making a stop at the Palace of Auburn Hills to perform in Detroit. Despite Timberlake growing up in the Orlando Magic territory, he decided to rep the Pistons in a post on the social networking site, Instagram. Check out the below Instagram post which shows JT reaping the 80′s Bad Boy Pistons with a photo collage: *** Timberlake image courtesy of Getty Images
- Pistons Upend Hawks April 9, 2014Rodney Stuckey scored 29 points, and the Detroit Pistons ended a 10-game skid in Atlanta with a 102-95 victory over the Hawks.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Home Streak at 15 as Nets Beat Pistons April 5, 2014The Nets remained two and a half games behind Toronto for the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference.
- With Rare Success, 76ers Fail to Break Record March 30, 2014Although the 76ers had tied the N.B.A. record for consecutive losses at 26, they won with flair on Saturday and failed to set a new mark in futility.
- Late Charge By Wizards’ Gooden Dooms Nets March 16, 2014Washington erased a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter to move ahead of the Nets for fifth place in the Eastern Conference.