Detroit Pistons Links of Interest
Detroit Pistons Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Detroit Pistons
Quick searches for Detroit Pistons on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Detroit Pistons News
- The next step for Andre Drummond August 29, 2014You would be excused for djoing something of a double take. Stan Van Gundy happened to pick the one team that is most poised to remake the most successful team of his coaching career. Sure, there is still some cleaning up to do (thank you, job security of being president of basketball operations). Josh Smith, Brandon Jennings, Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond did not quite seem to fit together. Smith and Jennings especially needed the ball in their hands for any type of success. The Pistons still have work to do. The going thought though is that any success Detroit will have will be built around its 21-year-old center Andre Drummond. He is very much the future of this organization. And you cannot blame Van Gundy for wanting to build around him — if, that is, they go in that direction. Drummond is still something of a secondary piece. He took a big step forward in his second year, averaging 13.5 points per game and 13.2 rebounds per game in 32.3 minutes per game. He averaged 1.6 blocks...
- Detroit Pistons: 2014-15 Franchise Outlook August 28, 2014Could Detroit be the favorites to land the eighth seed in the East? Despite the continued improvement of Andre Drummond, disappointing is the only word that can accurately describe Detroit’s 2013-14 season—but with Stan Van Gundy at the helm and Andre Drummond continuing to rise, everything feels new and exciting in the Motor City. Coaching 25/25 Detroit head coach and President of basketball operations Stan Van Gundy has his work cut out for him, but the 21-year-old Drummond and a boatload of cash provided him with sufficient incentive to take the job. Van Gundy helped develop Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic into a title-contending team, and though it will be a while before the Pistons are in that echelon, the Drummond-Van Gundy pairing provides palpable hope for the future of the franchise. Free Agency & Trades 16/25 The Pistons gave up the fourth most points per game (104.7) and posted the second worst 3-point percentage (32.1) in the league. Detroit didn’t add anyone with a particularly imp
- Detroit Pistons: Trading Greg Monroe To Phoenix For Eric Bledsoe August 27, 2014Detroit Pistons: Trading Greg Monroe To Phoenix For Eric Bledsoe By Mike Elworth: Owner and Publisher/Hoopstuff… Detroit Gets: Eric Bledsoe (Sign And Trade) Phoenix Gets: Greg Monroe (Sign And Trade) The Detroit Pistons still haven’t re-signed their excellent starting power forward Greg Monroe. He is a restricted free agent almost each team has spent their cap space this offseason, so he basically has to take what contract they are giving to him, which isn’t public or take his 1 season QO. If he signs that 1 season contract he is likely to leave next offseason as an unrestricted free agent and they still have 42 million owed to Josh Smith who they cannot play at small forward again. If they are going to play Smith at the 4, he is elite, but they are each power forwards and since their best player is a center, they have to trade 1 of Smith-Monroe. Monroe is 24 and a 6’11 All Star talent and is a free agent, while Smith is 27, has a poor reputation and has a ridiculous contract. There...
- The Problem with Brandon Jennings August 26, 2014There’s one thing that has really crossed my mind over these past couple of weeks. While Pistons fans have argued over Josh Smith and Greg Monroe, why hasn’t the main concern been with Brandon Jennings? Jennings is the point guard of the team, he’s supposed to be the leader. It seems to me that he spends more time on social media than in the gym working on his game and letting coaching moves affect him. Earlier in the summer there was an Instagram video of Jennings taking some sort of drug in a LA night club with Los Angeles Lakers G Nick Young. While it wasn’t confirmed that it was a drug or anything, there was a rumor going around that it was the drug “Molly”. Rumor or no rumor, that his name was attached to it concerns me. However, that’s all blown over so it’s not that big a deal. Then there was his recent twitter rampage where he went on and on that Kobe Bryant is the best player in NBA history. Again, not that big of a deal, but I’d rather see him off social media and just wor...
- Detroit Pistons: What Now For Luigi Datome? August 25, 2014When the Detroit Pistons announced the signing of Luigi Datome last summer, it was the cause of much excitement and intrigue. Detroit desperately needed a three-point shooter, and Datome was one of the most highly rated in Europe. Pistons fans were desperately hoping that they had picked up an unknown gem in the mold of […] Detroit Pistons: What Now For Luigi Datome? - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- From Metta World Peace to 'The Pandas Friend' August 11, 2014Metta World Peace, the American basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest, is changing his name once again as he joins the Sichuan Blue Whales.
- Pistons Upend Hawks April 9, 2014Rodney Stuckey scored 29 points, and the Detroit Pistons ended a 10-game skid in Atlanta with a 102-95 victory over the Hawks.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Home Streak at 15 as Nets Beat Pistons April 5, 2014The Nets remained two and a half games behind Toronto for the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference.
- With Rare Success, 76ers Fail to Break Record March 30, 2014Although the 76ers had tied the N.B.A. record for consecutive losses at 26, they won with flair on Saturday and failed to set a new mark in futility.