Detroit Pistons Links of Interest
Detroit Pistons Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Detroit Pistons
Quick searches for Detroit Pistons on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Detroit Pistons News
- Report: Grant Hill Will Not Accept Detroit Pistons GM Job April 17, 2014Grant Hill is a respected figure in the NBA community. He served the league during two decades and dedicated himself to being the best that he could be. A life in a suit and tie either on the bench or in the front office has been a forgone conclusion. That does not mean that the time is right for him to walk into the vacated general manager’s seat of the Detroit Pistons left hot by the exit of Joe Dumars. Although his name has been mentioned, don’t look for Hill to start brokering deals just yet according to The Detroit News. Hill, though, has told people close to him he won’t consider a front-office position this close to retirement, but down the line when his children get older, he would consider it. Hill is taking the high road and being a family man for a moment and that is to be commended. He figures to make someone a winner at some point. In what capacity that will be remains to be seen. All we need to know at this moment is that he’s pretty comfortable at home. He has deep ties to the Pistons,
- Report: Grant Hill Not Interested In Becoming Pistons GM April 17, 2014Wednesday we reported that former Duke and NBA great Grant Hill, was a candidate for the Detroit Pistons general manager job. Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News is reporting that Hill has no interest in taking such a high ranking job this early after retirement. Hill, though, has told people close to him he won’t consider a front-office position this close to retirement, but down the line when his children get older, he would consider it. Hill retired in 2013 after playing 18-years in the NBA. Hill and his wife, Tamia, have two children. Hill currently is an analyst for NBA TV. Hill’s lack of interest in the job might allow Pistons brass to actually evaluate GM’s with experience re-building teams from the ground up. Hill has an astute basketball mind and is extremely intelligent, but this job may be to painstaking at such an early juncture post NBA.
- Detroit Pistons drop season finale but Kentavious Caldwell-Pope shines April 17, 2014It’s been another long, disappointing season for the Detroit Pistons, but rookie Kentavious Caldwell-Pope showed some potential in the season finale. The Pistons went into Oklahoma City to take on likely MVP Kevin Durant and the Thunder without Josh Smith and Rodney Stuckey. Interim coach John Loyer decided to start Caldwell-Pope and KCP showed why Loyer had faith in him. Caldwell-Pope made his first three shots and had seven points in the first quarter and helped the Pistons to a 30-28 lead after one quarter. Andre Drummond had 11 points in the first quarter as well. To start the second quarter, Caldwell-Pope knocked down a triple and converted two free throws. Then he knocked down another triple for a 40-34 lead, hit another triple over the outstretched hand of Thabo Sefolosha, and he had a jumper for a 48-37 Pistons lead. Kyle Singler followed with a 3 and Greg Monroe had a layup to help Detroit take a 55-54 lead at the half. Caldwell-Pope had 20 points at the half. His previous ...
- WATCH: Kevin Durant throws down monster jam vs Pistons April 17, 2014Tonight is the final night of games in the NBA regular season, and some teams are still trying to lock up their seeding for the playoffs. The Oklahoma City Thunder can assure themselves the second seed in the West with a win over the Detroit Pistons. Kevin Durant not only wants the win, but also wants to make a statement, which he did when he threw down a monster one-handed slam: *** Kevin Durant Throws Down A Monster Dunk vs Pistons [Black Sports Online] Durant image courtesy of Getty Images
- Grant Hill is a candidate for the Pistons GM job April 16, 2014A few days ago, the Pistons announced that Joe Dumars would no longer be general manager of the team. Even though he was the architect behind the 2004 championship team, this is a “what have you done for me lately?” […]
- Pistons Upend Hawks April 9, 2014Rodney Stuckey scored 29 points, and the Detroit Pistons ended a 10-game skid in Atlanta with a 102-95 victory over the Hawks.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Home Streak at 15 as Nets Beat Pistons April 5, 2014The Nets remained two and a half games behind Toronto for the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference.
- With Rare Success, 76ers Fail to Break Record March 30, 2014Although the 76ers had tied the N.B.A. record for consecutive losses at 26, they won with flair on Saturday and failed to set a new mark in futility.
- Late Charge By Wizards’ Gooden Dooms Nets March 16, 2014Washington erased a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter to move ahead of the Nets for fifth place in the Eastern Conference.