Detroit Pistons Links of Interest
Detroit Pistons Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Detroit Pistons
Quick searches for Detroit Pistons on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Detroit Pistons News
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Detroit Pistons October 22, 2014Detroit’s frontcourt (Josh Smith, Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond) was unable to forge any symmetry last season. How will it perform this year under Stan Van Gundy? The Detroit Pistons haven’t been to the postseason since the 2008-09 campaign, when the team went 39-43 and was swept by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the first round. Six years later, the Motor City’s best may once again be on the outside looking in. After a bizarre 2013-14 season that included Head Coach Maurice Cheeks getting canned and Josh Smith shooting a career-high 265 3-pointers, the Pistons shook up the front office by hiring veteran coach Stan Van Gundy to serve as the team’s head coach and president of basketball operations. Van Gundy will hope to turn around an ailing franchise that struggled across the board last season, finishing 27th in total defense (104.7 PPG), 29th in 3-point percentage (32.1 percent), and 24th in point differential (-3.7) en route to a 29-53 record. SVG will also attempt to get Brandon Jennings’ career b
- Pistons' Van Gundy undecided on three-bigs lineup October 22, 2014The Pistons' experiment with a three-big-man lineup will extend into the regular season. Greg Monroe won't be in the lineup for the first two games because of a league-mandated suspension, so there's no chance he'll start alongside Andre Drummond and Josh Smith. Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy, who has said the three-bigs lineup worked to a degree against Charlotte, Orlando and Atlanta last week, has refused to commit to it. He's said matchups against the likes of LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony will prompt him to use Smith for stretches at small forward because Smith can physically match up on defense, but apart from that no plan has been formed. "I haven't (seen enough). We just haven't had enough of a sample size," Van Gundy said. "The big lineup's been competitive in three games, got us off to good starts. So is that the way we start, rebound the ball, pound it inside early, draw some fouls and then play quicker? Or do we go the o...
- Pistons Rumors: Detroit to keep big lineup with Josh Smith at small forward? October 21, 2014The new President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach of the Detroit Pistons, Stan Van Gundy, is in for a tough decision when looking at his three best players. He has been observing them the last three games of the preseason and is in no hurry in making a decision, Freep.com's Vince Ellis reports. How much time Josh Smith, Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond spend on the court together will ultimately be up to Van Gundy. While he doesn't think that playing all three at the same time would be the ideal lineup every game, he does feel like the lineup will be very useful when playing against high volume scorers and stars.You certainly have to play it at times," Van Gundy said. "If you're facing LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony, I think in a lot of cases Josh is our best matchup there, so they have to be able to function together."Van Gundy has gotten a look at the trio the last three exhibition matches but insists that...
- Detroit Pistons Waive Hasheem Thabeet October 21, 2014The Detroit Pistons have waived center Hasheem Thabeet. The release comes after an offseason that saw Thabeet, the second overall pick of the 2009 NBA draft, on three NBA teams. The former Connecticut Huskies All-American was traded from the Oklahoma City Thunder to the Philadelphia 76ers for a trade exception and a 2015 protected second round draft pick on August 26th. The 76ers waived him on September 1st, and the Pistons signed him September 24th. In his seven seasons, Thabeet has played for four teams in his career, averaging over 10 minutes per game only twice. The post Pistons waive Thabeet appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- Pistons Waive Hasheem Thabeet, Brian Cook, Lorenzo Brown, Josh Bostic October 20, 2014The Detroit Pistons released Hasheem Thabeet, Brian Cook, Lorenzo Brown and Josh Bostic on Monday, the team announced. All four players were on non-guaranteed deals for training camp.
- From Metta World Peace to 'The Pandas Friend' August 11, 2014Metta World Peace, the American basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest, is changing his name once again as he joins the Sichuan Blue Whales.
- Pistons Upend Hawks April 9, 2014Rodney Stuckey scored 29 points, and the Detroit Pistons ended a 10-game skid in Atlanta with a 102-95 victory over the Hawks.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Home Streak at 15 as Nets Beat Pistons April 5, 2014The Nets remained two and a half games behind Toronto for the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference.
- With Rare Success, 76ers Fail to Break Record March 30, 2014Although the 76ers had tied the N.B.A. record for consecutive losses at 26, they won with flair on Saturday and failed to set a new mark in futility.