Detroit Pistons Links of Interest
Detroit Pistons Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Detroit Pistons
Quick searches for Detroit Pistons on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Detroit Pistons News
- Detroit Pistons: Frontcourt starting to evolve December 18, 2013Just when you’re ready to give up on the Detroit Pistons’ experimental frontline, they go out and totally redeem themselves. The Pistons played the top two teams in the Association Sunday at home against the Portland Trailblazers and Monday on the road against the Indiana Pacers and proved that they can compete, and not only compete, but win. Josh Smith keeping his game near the rim is crucial for the Pistons (Photo Credit: AP Photo/Michael Conroy) The Pistons lost a heart-breaker at home in overtime to the NBA-best Trailblazers, but they showed signs of their immense potential. If that game proved anything, it proved that Josh Smith can take this team to the next level–when he keep his game in the paint area. Smith scored 31 points on 13-for-17 shooting and only attempted two three-pointers. This is a far cry from his usual barrage of settling for uncontested long range jumpers. Smith, after arguably his best game as a Piston, followed that performance with 30 points on 13-for-29 s...
- Pacers head to Miami after 101-96 loss to Pistons December 17, 2013Detroit threw a surprise road block in Indiana's path to the Eastern Conference's top seed. Now the Pacers face another daunting task - winning at Miami to avoid their first losing streak of the season. Josh Smith scored 30 points, Brandon Jennings added 18 and Greg Monroe finished with 13 points and 12 rebounds to help the Pistons stun Indiana 101-96 Monday night and hand the Pacers their first home defeat this season. ''We're going to have a target on our back all year,'' Pacers guard George Hill said. ''We've had some success so far, so we're taking everyone's best shot and today we didn't come to play.'' It was evident right from the start that this was not the same Indiana team that set a franchise record by starting 9-0 overall and another by opening the season 11-0 at home. Some wondered before the game whether the Pacers (20-4) might get caught looking past the Pistons (12-14), who have won two of their last six, and ahead to Wednesday n
- Pacers fall to Pistons to suffer first home loss December 17, 2013The Indiana Pacers just didn't have it tonight, and the Detroit Pistons simply wanted it a lot more. The result? A 101-96 loss at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, handing the Pacers their first home defeat of the season and dropping them to 20-4. It also means the Pacers are no longer "the best team in the NBA", as Portland now has the best record with 21-4. How did this loss happen? A lot of reasons. The Pacers were likely looking past the Pistons tonight, a team they had already beaten this season on the road. They have a Miami grudge match coming up on Wednesday, and they probably didn't think the Pistons would pose a threat as they were coming in on the second night of a back-to-back, in which they lost a heatbreaker against Portland in OT. The Pacers were undefeated at home and Detroit had not won in Indiana since 2008, and they were fooled into believing that the trend would continue. Instead, the Pistons had more energy right from the outset and outhustled t...
- Andre Drummond Paid Tribute To Sandy Hook Victims By Writing Their Names On His Shoes December 16, 2013Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond is having a tremendous sophomore season, averaging 13.5 points and nearly 13 rebounds per game (he’s bumped those numbers up to 16.1 and 14.4 in the month of December). With a stat line like that, an overhauled roster, and the Pistons flirting with a .500 record, a lot more eyeballs are focused on the Motor City these days — a fact not lost on the 20-year-old Drummond. The Pistons didn’t play a game on December 14th, the one-year anniversary of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary that claimed 26 lives. But Drummond, a Connecticut native, still wanted to pay tribute, so he wore shoes bearing the names of every victim during Sunday’s game against the Portland Trail Blazers. Drummond will also donate his game-worn jersey to Sandy Hook in remembrance of the lives lost. [ESPN] Article found on: Next Impulse Sports
- Rodney Stuckey does his best Michael Jordan impression on game-tying bucket December 16, 2013The Pistons and Trail Blazers had a barn-burner in Detroit last night, with the Blazers eventually eeking out a two-point win in overtime. Before Portland sank the game-winner in OT, however, Pistons guard Rodney Stuckey provided us with his best impression of Michael Jordan’s game-winner against Utah in the 1998 NBA Finals. It wasn’t quite as clean, but it was pretty close. Let’s compare, shall we? Article found on: Next Impulse Sports
- Pistons Put an End to the Pacers’ Perfection at Home December 17, 2013Detroit ended a six-game skid in the series and handed Indiana its first home loss this season on Monday night.
- With a Split Second to Spare, Lillard Puts Away the Pistons December 16, 2013Damian Lillard’s fadeaway at the end of overtime gave the Trail Blazers’ the win after rallying from a 13 point-deficit in the fourth quarter.
- Absence of Lopez Hampers the Nets December 14, 2013Without Brook Lopez, who was sidelined with a sprained ankle, the Nets were dominated in the lane and saw their three-game winning streak come to an end.
- Loss to Pistons Ends Heat’s Hot Streak December 4, 2013Kyle Singler scored 18 points to lead seven Detroit players in double figures, Andre Drummond had 18 rebounds as the Pistons ended Miami’s winning streak at 10 games.
- Thunder End Spurs’ Winning Streak at 11 November 28, 2013Kevin Durant had 24 points and Serge Ibaka added 17 points as the Oklahoma City Thunder snapped the San Antonio Spurs’ 11-game winning streak with a win at home Wednesday night.