Detroit Pistons Links of Interest
Detroit Pistons Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Detroit Pistons
Quick searches for Detroit Pistons on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Detroit Pistons News
- Josh Smith's reaction to Faried's criticism: 'He's a clown' October 31, 2014Josh Smith is not happy about Denver Nuggets power forward taking a shot at his penchant for gunning. According Vincent Goodwill of the Detroit News, Smith called Faried “a clown.” Josh Smith on Faried: "He's a clown, quote me on that." Story coming — Vincent Goodwill (@vgoodwill) October 30, 2014 Smith on Faried: "He fears me. He's scared of me. He knows it's coming." It being he's gonna take it to him next meeting — Vincent Goodwill (@vgoodwill) October 30, 2014 He wasn’t done. “I don’t respond to nobody with dreadlocks who plays basketball,” Smith’s frustrations stem from comments Faried made following the Pistons 89-79 loss to the Nuggets on Wednesday. After Smith scored 25 points on 22 shots, Faried told the Media that “Smith shot the Pistons out of the game.’ “Josh Smith, we let him keep shooting. And he ended up with 25, but he still kept shooting. He shot them out of the game.”
- Timberwolves fan gives away ticket to home opener by taping it to street post (pic) October 30, 2014The Minnesota Timberwolves will host the team’s home opener Thursday night against the Detroit Pistons at Target Center. One individual who will not be in attendance is the fan who taped his ticket to the game to a street post, offering it up for free (obviously). Sure, the T’Wolves may not be a playoff team,...Read More The post Timberwolves fan gives away ticket to home opener by taping it to street post (pic) appeared first on Sportress of Blogitude.
- Jaded T'Wolves fan gives away ticket with great sign October 30, 2014Folks in Minnesota aren’t exactly excited about the prospects of the Timberwolves this season without Kevin Love on the roster. That sentiment was best expressed by this sign found on a street post Thursday. The T-Wolves are playing their home opener against the Detroit Pistons and are already 0-1 after losing at Memphis on Wednesday. They weren’t a playoff team with Love and you can’t expect much more from them with Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins. I mean that roster is pretty dreadful. You’re lucking at a starting five of Wiggins, Ricky Rubio, Nikola Pekovic, Thaddeus Young and Corey Brewer. I wouldn’t be too excited about going to one of their games, either. Not even Vanilla Ice could get me pumped.
- Pistons drop season opener to Nuggets October 30, 2014DENVER -- Kenneth Faried scored 22 points and had 17 rebounds and the Denver Nuggets opened the season Wednesday night with an 89-79 win over Detroit, spoiling the debut of Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy. Aaron Afflalo, in his second tour with Denver after being acquired in an offseason trade with Orlando, had 15 points. Timofey Mozgov added 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Nuggets, coming off a 36-46 campaign marked by losses of key players to injuries, including Danilo Gallinari, JaVale McGee, J.J. Hickson and Nate Robinson, though all four are healthy now. Josh Smith, Detroit's leading scorer last season, had 25 points to lead the Pistons. D.J. Augustin added 15 points. The Pistons managed only one basket in the last three minutes. Afflalo hit consecutive baskets, including a 3-pointer, as part of a 9-0 third-quarter burst that put Denver in front 64-59. But the Pistons responded with a layup by Jonas Jerebko and a pair of free throws by D.J. Augustin and trailed 65-63 going i...
- VIDEO: Drummond posterizes Mozgov, Pistons still drop opener to Denver October 30, 2014The Pistons dropped their regular season opener Wednesday night 89-79 against the Nuggets from Denver. Playing without Greg Monroe who’s serving a suspension from a DUI arrest earlier in the year, Josh Smith netted a game-high 25 points to lead Detroit. Meanwhile Kenneth Faried had 22 points, 17 rebounds and four assists in the Denver win. The night though wasn’t totally hapless for the Pistons, that is if you like to see Andre Drummond posterize opponents which he did here against Timofey Mozgov.
- From Metta World Peace to 'The Pandas Friend' August 11, 2014Metta World Peace, the American basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest, is changing his name once again as he joins the Sichuan Blue Whales.
- Pistons Upend Hawks April 9, 2014Rodney Stuckey scored 29 points, and the Detroit Pistons ended a 10-game skid in Atlanta with a 102-95 victory over the Hawks.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Home Streak at 15 as Nets Beat Pistons April 5, 2014The Nets remained two and a half games behind Toronto for the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference.
- With Rare Success, 76ers Fail to Break Record March 30, 2014Although the 76ers had tied the N.B.A. record for consecutive losses at 26, they won with flair on Saturday and failed to set a new mark in futility.