Detroit Pistons Links of Interest
Detroit Pistons Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Detroit Pistons
Quick searches for Detroit Pistons on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Detroit Pistons News
- The Detroit Pistons need to trade to upgrade September 15, 2014With a largely returning roster the Detroit Pistons need to make significant roster changes to avoid another losing season. The Pistons have already taken action and made changes to the front office and coaching. Longtime President and General Manager Joe Dumars has stepped down and Stan Van Gundy has come in as President and Coach. Van Gundy inherits a team that needs a lot of help. The team needs to help itself and change the roster. The roster has talent, but the talent does not work well together. The starters Brandon Jennings, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Josh Smith, Greg Monroe, and Andre Drummond can all play, but not together. Smith especially hurts the team playing together out of place at small forward. Josh Smith Smith is an explosive player with freak athleticism at the power forward position. Playing at small forward does not play to his strengths. He is not in the paint as much playing at small forward. This results in him being forced to take outside jumpers instead of using his athleticism to get
- Chauncey Billups top ten best plays of NBA career September 13, 2014Chauncey Billups called it an NBA career last Tuesday after a 17-year tour. We remember him most as the point guard of those terrific Detroit Pistons teams that made six consecutive trips to the Eastern Conference Finals in the mid-2000s. During that time, the Pistons made back-to-back Finals trips, winning it all in 2004. Billups won the Finals MVP award after Detroit shockingly dismantled the Lakers in five games. The NBA paid tribute to Chauncey Billups with a Top 10 plays video of his career. Let’s check it out: Congratulations, Chauncey. Thanks for all the memories. Enjoy retirement. *** Billups image courtesy of Getty Images. Video by the official NBA YouTube channel.
- Andre Drummond hits half-court shot while sitting down at Team USA practice September 12, 2014There are few thing that I love more than trick shots and recently, Detroit Pistons big man Andre Drummond decided to show off his trick shots skills. As Andre decided to take a seat during a Team USA practice, he was able to drain a half-court shot with ease from a seated position in the below Vine from the NBA: Clearly, Andre made it work! *** Drummond image courtesy of Getty Images
- Greg Monroe Urinated On Himself During Arrest, Police Report Says September 11, 2014The embarrassing news keeps coming for Detroit Pistons forward Greg Monroe. The Pistons big man, who was suspended for the first two games of the 2014-15 season by the NBA after pleading guilty to a charge of driving while visibly impaired in April, “urinated on himself during the booking process,” the Huntington Woods police report says, via MLive.com The police department released video of Monroe’s Feb. 13 arrest — after he was pulled over for a broken headlight — on Wednesday. “I’m just trying not to be in the newspaper,” Monroe told officers, according to MLive.com. “I play for the Pistons,” Monroe said. “You play for the Detroit Pistons?” An officer asked. “Unless you told people that are going to tell people, we don’t tell people.” Monroe failed a number of sobriety tests, according to the police report, including being able to walk in a straight line. The 24-year-old told police he had two glasses of wine. A field test revealed Monroe had a .089 blood-alcohol level, but
- Greg Monroe peed his pants during February arrest September 11, 2014Back in February, Pistons forward Greg Monroe was arrested in Huntington Woods for driving while visibly impaired where of which the police recently released the traffic stop video. However what we weren’t able to see was Monroe apparently urinating on himself during the booking process back at the police station where he also registered a higher .09 and .1 BAC, up from the .89 he originally blew at the scene of the stop. Then there was this exchange by Monroe and Police: “I’m just trying not to be in the newspaper,” said the professional basketball player who, according to police, urinated on himself while being booked for impaired driving. It almost worked. “I play for the Pistons,” Monroe told an arresting officer. “Unless you told people that are going to tell people,” that officer is heard replying, “we don’t tell people.” Monroe stated that he only had ‘two glasses of wine’ that night but failed a number of field sobriety tests including reciting the ABC’s, counting backwa
- From Metta World Peace to 'The Pandas Friend' August 11, 2014Metta World Peace, the American basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest, is changing his name once again as he joins the Sichuan Blue Whales.
- Pistons Upend Hawks April 9, 2014Rodney Stuckey scored 29 points, and the Detroit Pistons ended a 10-game skid in Atlanta with a 102-95 victory over the Hawks.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Home Streak at 15 as Nets Beat Pistons April 5, 2014The Nets remained two and a half games behind Toronto for the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference.
- With Rare Success, 76ers Fail to Break Record March 30, 2014Although the 76ers had tied the N.B.A. record for consecutive losses at 26, they won with flair on Saturday and failed to set a new mark in futility.