Detroit Pistons Links of Interest
Detroit Pistons Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Detroit Pistons
Quick searches for Detroit Pistons on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Detroit Pistons News
- Will Pistons retire Billups' No. 1? July 23, 2014A decade after the 2004 NBA title, the Detroit Pistons should strongly consider retiring another jersey number. Andre Drummond announced Tuesday on Twitter that -- despite Chauncey Billups leaving the Pistons after one injury-wrecked season -- he's going to continue wearing No. 0. Drummond wore No. 1 at the beginning of his NBA career, but gave it up when Billups returned to the franchise. Drummond's decision gives the Pistons a chance to retire the No. 1 jersey, which Billups wore as the MVP of the 2004 Finals. He played 465 games for Detroit between 2003-2008, leading the team to six straight Eastern Conference finals and within one game of a second championship in 2005. The Pistons declined to pick up their option on Billups for the 2014-15 season, and he's widely expected to retire. "There's no way I will come back unless I could get my knee back to 100 percent because I don't want to go through another year like this," Billups said late in the season. "I don't want
- Knicks and Pistons discussing trade that would send Greg Monroe to New York July 22, 2014Greg Monroe could bolster the front line of the Knicks The New York Knicks and Detroit Pistons are reportedly working on a sign and trade deal that would send Greg Monroe to the Big Apple. The Pistons are looking for J.R. Smith and a first round pick, while the Knicks are offering Smith and a second round pick. The Knicks couldn’t give up a first round pick until 2018. The NBA has a rule that states you cannot trade first round picks in consecutive years. The Knicks lost their 2016 first round pick in the Andrea Bargnani trade last summer. #Pistons and @nyknicks discussing sign&trade of Greg Monroe to the #Knicks in exchange for J.R. Smith&2nd Rounder(Pistons want 1st Rounder) — David Aldridge (@daldridge_tnt) July 21, 2014 The Knicks probably would be better off sending Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith to Detroit for Monroe at this point. New York has a plethora of wing players and certainly can’t afford to give up another first round pick. What might be the best part of this “potential” tra
- Suns Rumors: Phoenix considering offering Greg Monroe an offer sheet July 22, 2014With the frenzy stage of NBA Free Agency over, the remaining free-agents begin to carve their path to finding their new homes or remaining with their current team. A hot rumor going around now is that the Phoenix Suns are intrigued about the possibility of a Eric Bledsoe-Greg Monroe pairing and are considering making him an offer sheet, according to Jordan Schultz of the Huffington Post.Hearing Suns may be considering a Greg Monroe offer. They have space to get both him and Bledsoe but would lose cap flexibility long-term.— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) July 20, 2014This pairing would make a lot of sense for the Phoenix Suns as they try to add to, what is an already, very talented and young team. While the Phoenix Suns had a very good year considering they were expected to be nothing more than a bottom feeding team in the West. They fought for a playoff spot till the very end of the season, without showing much signs of slowing down even with, arguably, their best player going...
- Report: Josh Smith Likely Staying With Pistons July 21, 2014When you have a roster with names like Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe, missing the playoffs in a weak Eastern Conference is a colossal disappointment. Naturally, such a failure is usually followed by overhaul to a team’s roster and front office, and that is exactly what has been going on with the Detroit Pistons this off-season. After bringing in Stan Van Gundy as head coach and President of basketball operations, rumors began to circulate that the Pistons next move would be to unload the massive contract of Josh Smith, who was signed just a year ago. According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, these rumors have been overblown and Smith will likely still be a Piston when training camp starts this fall. Detroit Pistons president and coach Stan Van Gundy reached out to forward Josh Smith to tell him that reports of the franchise engaging in substantive trade talks with Sacramento centered on Smith have been inaccurate and – barring an unexpected turn of events –
- Sources: SVG assures Josh Smith he's likely to remain with Pistons July 21, 2014Detroit Pistons president and coach Stan Van Gundy reached out to forward Josh Smith to tell him that reports of the franchise engaging in substantive trade talks with Sacramento centered on Smith have been inaccurate and – barring an unexpected turn of events – Smith will be in training camp with the Pistons this fall, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Sacramento had made calls about Smith in June, but Detroit never heard an offer that remotely interested them and never seriously engaged in discussions, sources told Yahoo Sports. Since his hiring in the spring, Van Gundy has had productive discussions with Smith and sources say that Smith has been enthusiastic about moving forward with Van Gundy as coach.
- Pistons Upend Hawks April 9, 2014Rodney Stuckey scored 29 points, and the Detroit Pistons ended a 10-game skid in Atlanta with a 102-95 victory over the Hawks.
- Bobcats Top Cavs and Make Playoffs April 6, 2014Charlotte clinched its second postseason spot and its first since 2010.
- Home Streak at 15 as Nets Beat Pistons April 5, 2014The Nets remained two and a half games behind Toronto for the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference.
- With Rare Success, 76ers Fail to Break Record March 30, 2014Although the 76ers had tied the N.B.A. record for consecutive losses at 26, they won with flair on Saturday and failed to set a new mark in futility.
- Late Charge By Wizards’ Gooden Dooms Nets March 16, 2014Washington erased a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter to move ahead of the Nets for fifth place in the Eastern Conference.