Cleveland Cavaliers Links of Interest
Cleveland Cavaliers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Cleveland Cavaliers
Quick searches for Cleveland Cavaliers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Cleveland Cavaliers News
- Through the Looking-Glass, and What the Cavaliers Found There April 17, 2014Photo by David Liam Kyle/NBAE via Getty Images There’s a degree of order in life. Certain things fit together in ways that make sense. There are laws of math, and physics, and biology. Unbreakable truths. Anyone who has been watching the recent reincarnation of the show Cosmos on FOX has been able to look on with awe at the sheer depth of scale to the universe and life on earth. From observable galaxies that are billions of light years away to the beautiful complexity of life at the sub-molecular level, there are rules and order. The same laws of physics that govern our world apply to those billions of light years away. None of those unbreakable rules of consistency apply to the 2013-14 Cleveland Cavaliers. In a world of order, the Cavaliers are outlaws. They are agents of rebellion flying in the face of matters of consistency and basketball truths. Or, should I say, they “were” outlaws. The 2013-14 Cavaliers are no longer a fluid existence in the present, but instead are now frozen in time as a part of
- Can the Cleveland Cavaliers Actually Trade All-Star Kyrie Irving? April 17, 2014Now that the disappointing 2013-2014 season is finally over for the Cleveland Cavaliers, the whole city can focus their attention on what truly matters—the nonstop rumors of the team possibly trading All-Star, Kyrie Irving. Thanks to rumors and reports continuously surfacing during the second half of the season about his displeasure with the team, certain teammates and the likelihood he will not sign his contract extension this offseason, the speculation has really taken it to another level the last few days. In fact, the reports have gotten so far out of hand that some of the most respected NBA analysts and writers both inside and outside the team are starting to believe it as well. To put it plain and simple, it is a very real possibility the Cavaliers entertain the thought of trading Irving. Emphasis on the “thought” part. If the Cavaliers front office was not working out every possible scenario to improve this team now and in the long run, I would actually be more worried than I...
- Kyrie Irving Doesn't Have 'Definitive Answer' On Extension April 17, 2014The Cleveland Cavaliers are expected to make a maximum five-year contract extension offer to Kyrie Irving this offseason. "I've been a part of this and I want to continue to be a part of this," he said. "We're making strides in the right direction, especially in this organization. I want to be part of something special, and I want to be part of something special in Cleveland. "I don't have a definitive answer to that right now, but it'll be something special. I can guarantee that." Irving was the first overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. "It's a big deal for me and my family if they do offer that. It would be exciting, and I'll make the best decision for me and my family. That's what it's going to boil down to for myself."
- Kyrie addresses extension, offers support for Brown April 17, 2014CLEVELAND -- Now that the Cavaliers' season has concluded, lots of questions remain. Owner Dan Gilbert needs to decide on a general manager, and everyone needs to find out if Kyrie Irving will sign a maximum contract extension in July. There are also questions about coach Mike Brown. We're not likely to have any firm answers to all of the above (and more) until the end of July. But reporters still asked, as the Cavs wrapped up the 2013-14 season Wednesday with a 114-85 win over the visiting Brooklyn Nets. Irving has shied away from questions about whether he'll sign a max extension, which the Cavs will most certainly offer to their two-time All-Star point guard when the time is right (July 1 or after). But he at least made an effort to address the topic head-on Wednesday. "Obviously, I'm aware I can be extended this summer," Irving said. "It's a big deal for me if they do offer me that. It will be exciting. I'll make the best decision for me and my family. That's wha
- Cavs' Bennett: 'I could've been a whole lot better' April 17, 2014CLEVELAND -- No. 1 overall draft pick Anthony Bennett doesn't think his rookie season was a complete loss. That's not to say the Cavaliers forward was thrilled with how things played out. He just understands that this rocky season is merely a small sample of what he still believes will be a long and fruitful career. "I've learned a lot," he said before the season-finale vs. the visiting Brooklyn Nets, a 114-85 win. "Obviously, I could've been a whole lot better." Bennett returned to the lineup for Wednesday's finale, scoring seven points with an encouraging seven rebounds in 15 minutes. He had missed the previous 17 games with a left patellar tendon strain. For the season (prior to Wednesday), Bennett averaged 4.1 points and 2.9 rebounds. Not exactly a stellar year for a guy who was, at the very least, expected to be an immediate contributor off the bench for what the Cavs figured to be a playoff team. Instead, Bennett and the Cavs ended their season Wednesday, finishin
- Wine and Gold Wrap Up for the Summer April 17, 2014The Cavaliers cleaned out their lockers on Thursday, taking time to recap the season and look forward to an offseason of work and a successful season when they return.
- Game Quotes: Cavaliers vs. Nets April 17, 2014Postgame quotes from the Cavaliers vs. Nets game on April 16, 2014.
- Call of the Game: Cavaliers vs. Nets April 17, 2014Listen to Radio Play-by-Play announcer John Michael's Time Warner Cable Call of the Game during the Cavaliers vs. Nets game on April 16, 2014.
- Cavs Close Campaign in Style April 17, 2014The Wine and Gold closed the season in convincing fashion, blowing out the Nets -- 114-85 -- on Wednesday night at The Q. Tyler Zeller came off the bench to lead seven Cavaliers in double-figures with 22 points and 11 boards.
- Rising Above from Down Under April 17, 2014Cavaliers guard Matthew Dellavedova exceeded expectations this year -- going from undrafted rookie to the middle of Mike Brown's rotation. With his freshman campaign in the books, Delly's got another busy offseason on tap.