Cleveland Cavaliers Links of Interest
Cleveland Cavaliers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Cleveland Cavaliers
Quick searches for Cleveland Cavaliers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Cleveland Cavaliers News
- Report: Cavs still think they can bring back LeBron March 10, 2014Ah those pesky Cavaliers. How can you not love them? Even though team owner Dan Gilbert trashed LeBron James after the star left the team for the Miami Heat in free agency — a widely unpopular move at the time that turned out to be a wise choice — the team still believes it has […]
- Ups and downs of the Cleveland Cavaliers March 9, 2014Ups and downs of the Cleveland CavaliersLast month, the Cleveland Cavaliers’ locker room was filled with hope and positive energy. This was due to the Cavaliers reeling off a six game win streak. The talk in the city was that the Cavaliers were finally going to make the playoffs. Sixteen days since the Cavaliers ended their six game win streak in Toronto, the positive outlooks have dwindled in Cleveland. Kyrie Irving and company have lost seven of their last nine games and fallen to the eleventh spot in the Eastern conference. The Cavaliers have not just lost games they have been beaten down. Since February 21, the Cavaliers have played 36 total quarters. Yet, they have only been the team on top at the end of eight of those quarters. In Cleveland’s defense they have only played one team with a worse record than their own, the Utah Jazz. The Cavs led by point guard Irving’s first career triple double blew out the Jazz by 20. Besides the Jazz, they have faced six playoff teams and two...
- Watch: Cavaliers retire Zydrunas Ilgauskas’ No. 11 March 9, 2014The Cleveland Cavaliers retired Zydrunas Ilgauskas’ No. 11 jersey in an emotional ceremony on Friday night. Ilgauskas, 38, played 12 seasons for the Cavaliers (1997-2010) and one season for the Miami Heat (2010-2011). The 7-foot-3 center finished with 10,976 points, 6,191 rebounds, 1,327 blocks and 955 assists in 843 career regular season games played. Ilgauskas joins Austin Carr (34), Brad Daugherty (43), Larry Nance (22), Mark Price (25), Bingo Smith (7), and Nate Thurmond (42) as the seventh Cavaliers player to have his number retired. LeBron James and along with former Cavs teammates Delonte West and Daniel Gibson attended the ceremony. The post Watch: Cavaliers retire Zydrunas Ilgauskas’ No. 11 appeared first on Sports Glory.
- Cavs content to stumble, instead of run, toward playoffs March 9, 2014CLEVELAND -- It was a big night for Zydrunas Ilgasukas and a bad night for the Cavaliers. Honestly. It takes a miserable performance to get booed in front of a sellout crowd that came to The Q to celebrate the retirement of Big Z's jersey. But that's exactly what happened Saturday, as the Cavs dropped a 107-97 killer of a decision to the New York Knicks in a game that had playoff implications. That's right, the Cavs and Knicks are still fighting for a playoff spot. Actually, the Knicks appear to be fighting for it. The Cavs just seem like they're hoping enough else goes wrong that they just sort of stumble in. That's not going to happen. If the Cavs want to take that next step, they're going to have to earn it. Yet no one here seems like they know how to earn much of anything. In year No. 4 of the post-LeBron James era, that's unacceptable. Speaking of LeBron, he of course was in the building to watch all this. But the breathtaking presentation for Ilgauskas and a winning performan
- Cavaliers Retire Zydrunas Ilgauskas’ Jersey, LeBron Attends (Video) March 9, 2014The Cleveland Cavaliers honored Zydrunas Ilgauskas on Saturday, retiring his No. 11 jersey. Former Cavaliers teammate LeBron James attended the ceremony to share the moment with Big Z. Check out a few pictures and video from the ceremony, via the Cavaliers Instagram. Ilgauskas averaged 13.8 points and 7.7 rebounds in 12 NBA seasons with the Cavs. [Instagram] The post Cavaliers Retire Zydrunas Ilgauskas’ Jersey, LeBron Attends (Video) appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- 11 DayZ of Z: The Final Chapter March 9, 2014As cavs.com, the Cavaliers and the city of Cleveland prepare to celebrate Zydrunsas Ilgauskas' big night on March 8, we continue the 11 Dayz of Z Countdown, focusing finally on Big Z's jersey retirment ceremony.
- Game Quotes: Cavaliers vs. Knicks March 9, 2014Postgame quotes from the Cavaliers vs. Knicks game on March 8, 2014.
- Call of the Game: Cavaliers vs. Knicks March 9, 2014Listen to Radio Play-by-Play announcer John Michael's Time Warner Cable Call of the Game during the Cavaliers vs. Knicks game on March 8, 2014.
- Knicks Hold Off Wine and Gold March 8, 2014The Cavaliers trailed New York by just a point headed to the fourth, but the hot-shooting Knicks pulled away late to hand Cleveland the 107-97 loss on Saturday night. Kyrie Irving flirted with a triple-double, leading everyone with 30 points.
- Joe G's Running Game Blog March 8, 2014Follow Cavs.com Beat Writer Joe G as he breaks down the Cavaliers-Knicks game as it unfolds ....