Cleveland Cavaliers Links of Interest
Cleveland Cavaliers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Cleveland Cavaliers
Quick searches for Cleveland Cavaliers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Cleveland Cavaliers News
- Kyrie: 'Most meaningful' stretch of career starts now March 11, 2014INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- The Cavaliers are four games out of the playoffs with 18 to go, and the questions have basically been the same since the All-Star break. Can the Cavs catch the Charlotte Bobcats? Can the Cavs catch the Atlanta Hawks? Can they make the most of their opportunity, having been blessed with an Eastern Conference affiliation? Well, at least one person seems to believe. "I'm never going to stop believing," said Cavs guard Kyrie Irving. "I'm going to do anything to make this playoff push, anything coach needs me to do, anything my teammates need me to do, I'm willing to do." As the third-year point guard and his Cavs teammates know, they'd better get started. They've blown a golden opportunity lately, having lost four straight and seven of nine. Yet somehow, their 24-40 record is good enough to at least give them a chance, and something to play for besides another high pick in the NBA draft. "These last couple games (losses to the Bobcats and New York
- Top pick Anthony Bennett out three weeks with knee strain March 10, 2014The Cleveland Cavaliers announced on Monday that first round pick Anthony Bennett will miss the next three weeks with a left patellar tendon strain. Bennett had an MRI on Sunday at the Cleveland Clinic that revealed the strain. The injury kept Bennett out of one game, and may have been a contributing factor in his limited minutes over the last two weeks. Jason Lloyd is also reporting that Kyrie Irving missed practice Monday because of an illness. For the season, Bennett averages 4.1 points per game and 2.9 rebounds. In February, he averaged 7.2 points and 4.8 rebounds. [Related: Zydrunas retirement ceremony in pictures]
- Stories of Grant swaying LeBron nothing more than tall tales March 10, 2014If what we read is true, former Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant holds the key to LeBron James' heart. Or maybe Grant and James have formed pro basketball's version of the sorta pinkie swear. Grant was fired last month, three years after all his deals and draft picks and his assets turned into little but more of the same. Obviously, the Cavs still have hope with Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters and others, and almost every last one of them was obtained in a move made by Grant. But these stories of Grant having some sort of influence over what James does next are just silliness. Somehow, we are told, the underachieving team that's in year No. 4 of the post-James era endured its greatest loss when Grant was let go. Um, OK. The news broke in an ESPN story Saturday, the same day the Cavs staged a spectacular ceremony to retire Zydrunas Ilgauskas' jersey -- a ceremony that garnered major attention nationally only because James himself would attend. All of this, of course, was arranged by Grant, if w
- Should Cleveland Cavaliers hire Dr. Phil? March 10, 2014I know this sounds crazy but hear me out, Cleveland Cavaliers are going down a dark deep path. Its not for success but for destruction and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon. Yes, they are fortunate enough to win #1 overall draft picks but what sense does that make if they don't make the right pick? What sense does it make if they don't have the right staffing in place to develop young players? What sense does it make if they can't keep good veterans on the team and everyone leaves via trade or free agency anyway? What sense would it make to keep looking into the past hoping that a player can bring this team out of mediocrity? What sense does it make?? It doesn't make any sense and that's why they need advice from Dr. Phil McGraw!It makes fans sick of hearing about all of the scenarios that many analyst and writers keep saying to put Lebron back in a Cleveland Cavalier jersey. Its extremely sickening to see the Cavaliers continue to make moves aro...
- Talking Cavs: Z Ceremonies, Season Outlook is Grim March 10, 2014We have random thoughts on the latest in Cleveland Cavaliers basketball. ____________________ – Cavs put on a spectacle for Big Z… While Saturday’s loss to the New York Knicks turned out to be a hard one to watch, the pregame and halftime celebrations were something to behold. The Cavaliers set out to honor franchise legend and fan-favorite Zydrunas Ilgauskas by retiring his No.11 jersey on Saturday night. It was one of the more impressive displays I have ever seen. The Cavs honored Ilgauskas with hoards of Cavalier legends and a state-of-the-art video and jersey raising ceremony in front of a capacity crowd. Seeing it on TV doesn’t do the event much justice. The entire atmosphere in the building was something to behold, but the Cavs only added to it by turning the entire court into a video board and putting together fantastic memories from the Z era. The franchise certainly didn’t disappoint in honoring one of its all-time great people and one of the better players to don the Wine...
- Six Part Series: Zydrunas Ilgauskas 1-on-1 March 12, 2014Check out this special six part series as Access Cavaliers sat down with Zydruans Ilgauskas for an exclusive 1-on-1 interview in light of his recent jersey retirement.
- GameDay Preview: Cavs at Suns March 12, 2014Cleveland Cavaliers at Phoenix Suns game on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at US Airways Center.
- Game Notes March 12, 2014Cavaliers Game Notes.
- Discount Drug Mart Cavaliers Insider Show March 10, 2014The Discount Drug Mart Cavaliers Insider show aired on Monday, March 10th from 7-8 p.m. on cavs.com, Newsradio WTAM 1100 and the Cavaliers radio network.
- Joe G's Practice Notebook March 10, 2014Joe G's Practice Notebook for March 10, 2014.