Chicago Bulls Links of Interest
Chicago Bulls Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Chicago Bulls
Quick searches for Chicago Bulls on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Chicago Bulls News
- Derrick Rose dunks at Team USA training camp (Video) July 29, 2014Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose threw down a nice slam dunk during Monday's Team USA practice session as they began preparing for the upcoming FIBA Basketball World Cup.With Rose missing so much of the last two seasons with knee injuries, it's easy to forget how good he was. Soon we will all get a chance to see how much he has recovered, and that could be great news for Bulls fans.H/T Sports Grid. This post appeared first on Holdout Sports. Follow us on Twitter @HoldoutSports.
- One NBA Writer Doesn’t Think Derrick Rose Makes Team USA July 28, 2014Posted to Randy Brown's Bulls Championship RingToday was the first practice for the NBA players looking to make the Team USA squad that will play in the World Cup at the end of summer. Derrick Rose is one of those players. One NBA writer has already predicted that Rose will not make the team. Chris Sheridan of Sheridan Hoops offered his thoughts on Rose earlier today. â€œAt least two PGs will be cut, and there is a ready-made excuse for Rose â€” he is coming off a pair of knee injuries that knocked him out of nearly all of the past two seasons. If he doesnâ€™t feel he can play at 100 percent, he is expendable.â€* Sheridan also sent out his tweet after video surfaced of Rose dunking in practice today. Dunking on Day 1 of practice does not mean you make final 12-man USA roster. I think @drose is easy cut. Hereâ€™s why: http://t.co/5sBd7Mmcr1 â€” Chris Sheridan (@sheridanhoops) July 28, 2014 At the unveiling the new Adidas D Rose 5 shoe, Rose had a message to all of his haters that he told SLAM Magazine. â€
- Derrick Rose rises for slam dunk at USA Basketball practice July 28, 2014Despite coming back to the NBA last season, Derrick Rose only played in ten games with the Chicago Bulls and we never really got to see Derrick return to his old form. Rose will be part this year’s Team USA for the FIBA World Cup and this week, Team USA is practicing at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas before the tournament. During one of the practices, Rose decided to show off his elevation with a nasty slam dunk in the below Instagram video: *** Rose image courtesy of Getty Images
- WATCH: D-Rose throws down huge dunk at Team USA practice July 28, 2014TweetWondering if Chicago Bulls PG Derrick Rose has lost any of his trademark athleticism? Well, check out this video of Rose dunking during Team USA practice Monday, courtesy of the NBA: That’s a 6’3″ guard with his head rim-level, off of one drop step. I’m sold. If Rose is anywhere near the same athlete he was pre-injury in 2012, the Bulls may emerge as the best team in the East. But that’s a a big “IF”. -ALR
- WATCH: Early Highlight of Derrick Rose at USA Camp July 28, 2014Posted to Horce Grant's GogglesEvery Bulls fan has a valid reason to be somewhat hesitant about getting excited for Derrick Rose’s latest comeback. This Vine that @NBA tweeted out sure does up the level of excitement. Rose takes the ball hard to the hoop and draws the and 1. Good to see Rose back on the floor. 331 total views, 331 views today
- Reading While Eating for May 7: More Impossible Missions May 7, 2013Tom Cruise Signs on for MI:5. Not a huge shock following the success of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, but the fifth film still does not have a director attached. Terrence Malick would probably have an interesting take on Ethan Hunt and the rest of the IMF team. (The Guardian) Three Ohio Women Found After Lengthy Abduction. Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight had all been missing for more than a decade, but were saved thanks largely to the efforts of Charles Ramsey, who placed the crucial 911 call (before later giving an excellent interview). (BuzzFeed) In Other Disappearance News: New Jersey governor Chris Christie had secret lapband surgery in February and reports that he has already lost 40 pounds. (Daily Intelligencer) Let’s Talk NBA Playoffs. Though the first three second-round games were all entertaining in their own right (including the Bulls’ 93-86 Game 1 upset against the Heat), the best of the bunch was last night’s Spurs-Warriors matchup. Down 16 points with fewer than four minutes left in the fourth quarter, San Antonio stormed back to force overtime before eventually triumphing in double-OT 129-127. Despite Steph Curry’s 44 points and 11 assists, the night belonged to Spurs’ guard Manu Ginobli. (Deadspin) Another Heroic Effort: Iron Man 3 racked up $174.1 million at the box office over the weekend, making it the second-biggest opening of all time behind The Avengers ($207.5 million). This, of course, proves the old adage, “Six superheroes make more money than one superhero, even if that one superhero is one of the six that collectively make more money.” (Note: This is not an adage, and people won’t be friends with you if you insist that it is.) (TIME.com) Ten Contestants for the Earth’s Next Superhero. You know, because superheroes are so 2012. Can’t wait for Latvia to save the world and/or defeat the Norse god Loki with their enchanted forests. (mental_floss) A Required Reading List for Jay Gatsby. Apparently The Great Gatsby will be entirely unavoidable this week (much as it has been for the lastEric Dodds
- Can’t Boo LeBron Now: Last-Second Victory Leads Miami Heat to NBA Finals May 27, 2011Wow. Powered by a furious 18-3 comeback run down the stretch, the Miami Heat defeated the Chicago Bulls last night, 83-80, to clinch the Eastern conference title in five games. The Heat will now square off against the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA Finals; Game 1 is on May 31. Both LeBron James and Dwyane Wade were cold entering the fourth quarter. Wade’s shoulder seemed to be bothering him; by midway through the third quarter, he had committed 9 turnovers. With Chicago holding a comfortable 12-point lead, 76-64, with just under four minutes left, the Heat would have to close the series in Game 6, back in Miami. (VIDEO: LeBron James: Making the Shot) Or so we all thought. Down ten, 77-67, with 2:36 left, Wade hit a layup. James sank a deep three. A Derrick Rose twisting shot in the lane put the Bulls back up by seven points, 79-72, but then Wade hit a three, and was fouled by Rose. Four-point play. Rose forced a shot in the lane and missed: James grabbed the rebound, dribbled up the floor, and nailed another three to tie it, at 79, with about a minute left. The fans fell silent, but you could hear their minds screaming. Oh my God, what just happened? At this point, the Bulls were too scarred to recover. James knocked a Rose pass into the air, and grabbed the steal. What more could James possibly do? Oh yeah, win the game: James took a hard dribble to his left, and shot a jumper from the top of the key. Bang. The Heat had the lead, and after Rose missed a potential game-tying free throw, Miami had a trip to the Finals. Miami beat Dallas in the 2006 Finals, and it would be hard to bet against the team here. But we can save the Finals chalk-talk for later. Over the next few days, you just have to admire the Heat. And no matter what you think of LeBron and his decisions, you have to appreciate hisSean Gregory
- Bulls Player Joakim Noah Yells a Gay Slur May 23, 2011On Sunday night, the TNT cameras caught Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah exchanging words with someone — presumably a Miami Heat fan — while he was sitting on the bench, during the first quarter of Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Noah appeared to bark a profanity, then a homophobic slur. Check out the evidence above. Here’s a slowed-down version: (MORE: Kareem and His Hook Shot Deserve a Statue) The clip looked pretty damning. After the game, which Miami won, 95-86, Noah admitted to saying the foul words. “I apologize,” he told reporters. “The fan said something to me that I thought was disrespectful, and I got caught up in the moment, and I responded. I said some things that I shouldn’t have said. I was frustrated and I didn’t mean any disrespect to anybody.” Noah will receive a hefty fine. He should probably be docked extra money for stupidity. In April, the cameras caught Kobe Bryant barking the same word at an official, and fined him $100,000. The NBA takes the issue of anti-gay language seriously. Even before the Bryant incident, the league filmed a public service announcement, featuring Grant Hill and Jared Dudley of the Phoenix Suns, warning about the dangers of homophobic speech. And early last week, Suns president and CEO Rick Welts came out of the closet, a move that was taken as a hopeful sign that the anti-gay vibe that has pervaded sports for years was finally fading. Guess Noah didn’t get the message. (VIDEO: Suns CEO Rick Welts Announces He’s Gay)Sean Gregory
- Watch: Miami Heat’s Udonis Haslem Dunks Twice on the Bulls May 19, 2011NewsFeed has been watching the saga of the Miami Heat since LeBron James so publicly announced that he, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh would be joining forces to form a superteam. We just didn’t believe it would be a superteam. But they’re in the NBA Eastern Conference Finals, folks, and they’re silencing people who didn’t have kind things to say about them last summer. One example is the two rolling dunks by the Heat’s Udonis Haslem last night at the expense of the Chicago Bulls’ Derek Rose and Keith Bogans. And not to mention, LeBron James scored 29 points and Miami took game 2 in the series…yadda, yadda, yadda. Just watch the awesome dunks.Madison Gray
- LeBron to Chicago. Or New York. Or Miami. Let the NBA’s Free Agent Frenzy Begin! July 1, 2010At 12:01 a.m this morning, the biggest free-agent season in sports history began, guaranteeing that the NBA landscape will be torn apart and rearranged. LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Bosh and a collection of other stars, no longer under contract, can be wooed by teams like the New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat, and other franchises with the salary cap flexibility to spend millions. The ringleader of this bunch is James, the self-proclaimed “king.” Even before the clock struck 12, reports indicated that teams were preparing to move in as early as 12:01, filing into his hometown of Akron, pitching James on their grand plans to deliver him his first championship. The New Jersey Nets, Bulls, Knicks, Heat, Los Angeles Clippers and Cleveland Cavaliers, his team for the last seven years, are scheduled to meet with James. (See a video of LeBron in action.) So get ready for All-Pro levels of misdirection and misinformation. The sports media is already covering this story as if it were a presidential election, and every NBA “insider” worth his salt will anonymously feed reporters the latest rumors, which will be tweeted in an endless stream of speculation. Already, we’ve heard that LeBron to Chicago is a “done deal,” though that would be pretty difficult to pull off since radio host Stephen A. Smith tweeted that “LeBron James is heading to S. Beach — with Chris Bosh — to team with Dwayne Wade and Pat Riley.” The Knicks are really focusing on Hawks free agent Joe Johnson, since they think he’s a better player than LeBron; but wait, one Knicks exec says “we still think we’re in” the LeBron sweepstakes. Exclusive: by this time next week, you’ll be sick of all the talk, and begging these guys to just pick a team, any team, and play ball.Sean Gregory