Toronto Raptors Links of Interest
Toronto Raptors Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Toronto Raptors
Quick searches for Toronto Raptors> on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Toronto Raptors News
- Raptors-Nets Preview (The Associated Press) March 10, 2014The Atlantic Division is arguably the NBA's worst - but its two top squads are surging as the playoffs draw near. The Toronto Raptors can take a big step toward claiming their second division title in franchise history with a win over the Brooklyn Nets on Monday night in the teams' final meeting this season. The Atlantic Division has drawn criticism all season long for its weakness, with third through fifth-place clubs New York, Boston and Philadelphia a combined 67 games under .500. Toronto (35-26), which owns a four-game edge in the division and is third in the East, has won nine of 11.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks (NBC Sports) March 10, 2014Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while thinking Minnesota State Representative Pat Garofalo must be a small minded racist (is there another kind)… Jodie Meeks, Los Angles Lakers. Meeks epitomized the Lakers on this day — not only was he hot he was aggressive, and that’s what led to his career…
- Blakely: Rondo giving C's just what they need now (Comcast SportsNet New England) March 10, 2014BOSTON It turns out the Detroit Pistons didn't get the memo. Backing off of Rajon Rondo just doesn't work like it used to. And he did so in Rondo-esque fashion with a near-perfect floor game on Sunday as Boston beat the Pistons, 118-111. Before we get too deep into this, Boston's victory has to be put in perspective.
- Surging Raptors beat Timberwolves 111-104 (The Associated Press) March 10, 2014The Toronto Raptors have had every excuse to give in this season. Kyle Lowry doesn't make excuses. Dwane Casey doesn't make excuses. And the Raptors haven't given an inch while climbing the Eastern Conference ladder.
- Thornton scores 27 to lead Nets past Kings, 104-89 (The Associated Press) March 10, 2014Marcus Thornton has been around the Brooklyn Nets for only two weeks, so he's still trying to learn his new team's playbook. According to Nets first-year coach Jason Kidd, there are some plays his reserve guard understands pretty well. Thornton did just that on his way to scoring 15 of his 27 points in the fourth quarter against his old team while Joe Johnson added 18 points to help Brooklyn overcame an injury to Paul Pierce in a 104-89 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Sunday night. Alan Anderson had 11 points and Shaun Livingston and Deron Williams each scored 10 points as the Nets won for the fifth time in six games.
- Kyle Lowry Triple-Double Leads Raptors Past Timberwolves 111-104 March 10, 2014The Toronto Raptors swept the season series from the Minnesota Timberwolves for the eighth time in 10 seasons as point guard Kyle Lowry refused to let his team lose on the boards or on the score sheet. Lowry accumulated a 20 point 12 rebound 11 assist triple-double in the 111-104 victory. “Kyle’s triple-double was huge for us tonight,” said Head Coach Dwane Casey. “We needed all of his assists, we needed all of his buckets and we needed all of his rebounds. It was a great effort on his part.”
- Raptors at Minnesota Timberwolves Trying to Dominate Again March 9, 2014The 34-26 Atlantic Division leading Toronto Raptors kick off a back-to-back on the road in Minnesota against the Timberwolves on Sunday night and if history is any indication, this isn’t going to be a pleasant experience for the home crowd. The Raptors defeated the Timberwolves in Toronto on January 17th 94-89 for their tenth home win in a row against the team from Minnesota and on Sunday, Toronto will get their chance to sweep the season series for the eighth time in the past 10 years.
- Raptors' Terrence Ross makes noise in return against Kings March 8, 2014Toronto Raptors shooting guard Terrence Ross returned to action on Friday night after missing the last game with an ankle injury. Ross didn't show any rust as he helped his Raptors beat the Kings 99-87.Ross injured his ankle back on February 27th in a game against the Wizards. Fortunately for Ross the Raptors only had one game scheduled between last night's contest and the game he got injured in back in February. Giving the guard plenty of time to rest.Scott Halleran/Getty Images via Sports IllustratedRoss went 6-for-8 from beyond the arc with a team-high 18 points. He also added two rebounds, one block and one steal in 26 minutes of turnover free basketball. Highlights can be seen on ESPN.com."I thought we came out the right way with the right amount of energy and intensity. Everybody all down the board did their job did what they had to do in that first half and that pretty much set the tone." said teammate Patrick PattersonThroughout 58 games this season, Ross h...
- Raptors Depth Wore Down The Kings In Toronto March 8, 2014In a game the Sacramento Kings only led for 15 seconds, the Toronto Raptors raced out to a 29-19 first quarter lead and never looked back, their depth and their defense wearing down their former teammates and rivals. Head Coach Dwane Casey used every available player on his roster at some point during this game and only two of his players were on the court for over 30 minutes in the 99-87 victory at the Air Canada Centre. Terrence Ross led Toronto with 18 points on 6 made three-pointers.
- Toronto Raptors unveil amazing 20th Anniversary Jersey March 7, 2014One of the best uniforms in NBA history is coming back into the fray next year for the Toronto Raptor’s 20th Anniversary season. For some select home games, the Raptors will wear these beauties and they will also have a 20th Anniversary Logo. BIG #Raptors news at #PlayersGala: Purple 'Dino' jerseys are BACK for select games in 14-15! #RTZ #NBA pic.twitter.com/GRO9Kmx1qe — Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) March 7, 2014 Truly a fantastic idea. [Bleacher Report] The post Toronto Raptors unveil amazing 20th Anniversary Jersey appeared first on Diehardsport.
- Pacers Win Fifth in a Row; Parker Shines in His Return March 3, 2014David West and Paul George combined for 47 points to lead Indiana over the Utah Jazz.
- Wizards Prevail in Triple Overtime February 28, 2014Trevor Ariza scored the go-ahead basket on a fast-break layup with 1 minute 20 seconds left in the third overtime, and the Washington Wizards outlasted the Raptors.
- DeRozan’s Late Run Leads Raptors Over the Cavaliers February 26, 2014Led by DeMar DeRozan’s 16 fourth-quarter points, Toronto won for the sixth time in seven games.
- Nets Give Up Chance to Close Gap on Raptors January 28, 2014The Nets allowed an opportunity to win their 11th game of the month slip from their grasp as they fell to the Raptors for the second time in January.
- Ross Has 51, but Clippers Beat Raptors January 26, 2014Toronto’s Terrence Ross tied a team record with 51 points, but Jamal Crawford and Blake Griffin led Los Angeles to its 10th win in 13 games.