Toronto Raptors Links of Interest
Toronto Raptors Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Toronto Raptors
Quick searches for Toronto Raptors> on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Toronto Raptors News
- Raptors hand Pistons 12th straight home loss (The Associated Press) December 20, 2014AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- The Toronto Raptors felt right at home at the Palace of Auburn Hills on Friday night.
- Jimmy Butler's 31 leads Bulls over Grizzlies (Automated Insights) December 20, 2014Jimmy Butler put up 31 points and added 10 rebounds, while Nikola Mirotic came off the bench and added 27 points and eight rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a close victory over the Memphis Grizzlies, 103-97. The Bulls shot 32-73 (43.8%) from the field and turned it over on only nine possessions. Chicago (17-9) has now won seven of their last 10 games.
- Jonas Valanciunas, Raptors defeat Pistons, 110-100 (Automated Insights) December 20, 2014The Toronto Raptors played an efficient game offensively, shooting 42-88 (47.7%) from the field and turning it over just eight times, in a 110-100 win over the Detroit Pistons. Toronto (21-6) is now on a five-game winning streak.
- Toronto Raptors unveil new logo that looks similar to a division rival's (Eh Game) December 19, 2014Two days after Drake promised fans would be “floored with what we have in store” the Toronto Raptors unveiled their new logo, and the early reviews are not overly positive. The Raptors gave a sneak peak at the logo in the latest ‘We The North’ commercial. The official logo was later revealed on Instagram and Facebook. On Facebook an alternative version with a red circle and grey basketball was posted and quickly removed .
- Toronto Raptors' dinosaur logo soon to be extinct (The Associated Press) December 19, 2014TORONTO (AP) -- The Raptors' basketball-dribbling dinosaur logo will soon be extinct.
- Toronto Raptors Own The Pistons Palace In A Wild 110-100 Win December 20, 2014A game between the best and the third worst teams in the East might not sound compelling, but the Raptors and Pistons put on a show in a game that must have felt like home away from home for the visitors. The Palace was rocking with Raptors fans and they got their money’s worth for taking the long bus trip. “I thought Detroit was hosting a Toronto Raptors night,” said forward James Johnson.
- (VIDEO) Jonas Valanciunas Blocks Shot and Breaks Out the Dikembe Finger Wag December 20, 2014posted by Romy Aquino (@romyaquino) Follow @romyaquino (VIDEO) Jonas Valanciunas Blocks Shot and Breaks Out the Dikembe Mutombo Finger Wag Jonas Valanciunas has been impressive for the Toronto Raptors in this last stretch of games and finished with 17 pts, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks in Friday's win against the Pistons. After his block on the Pistons Brandon Jennings, JV brought out the Dikembe Mutombo finger wag.No, no, no... HIP HOOP JUNKIES linkage! Twitter: @hiphoopjunkies Facebook: 'Like' us on Facebook! Podcast: Subscribe to RAPS TALK, our audio podcast on iTunes If you don't have iTunes, you can subscribe here T-Shirt Shop: Hip Hoop Junkies clothing
- Andre Drummond decks James Johnson as revenge for being posterized (Video/GIFs) December 20, 2014Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond knocked Toronto Raptors forward James Johnson after Johnson posterized him on the prior offensive possession during the fourth quarter of Friday night's game at The Palace at Auburn Hills.Johnson drove down the baseline and threw down an absolute monster one-handed dunk over Drummond:Naturally, Drummond was not happy, so when Johnson got the ball on the next Raptors possession and tried to drive to the basket, Drummond decked him with his forearm and hip:The play by Drummond sparked a minor scuffle on the court, and although no punches were thrown, four players (including Drummond) were given technical fouls. Drummond was called for a flagrant 1 for the body check on Johnson. Drummond finished with 7 points and 11 rebounds, but Johnson got the last laugh with 12 points and 8 rebounds as the Raptors won the game 110-100. The Pistons have now lost 12 straight games at home.H/T BC. This post appeared first on Holdout Sports. Check us out on Twitter, Facebook and Pinter
- (VIDEO) James Johnson dunks on Andre Drummond, Terrence Ross Reacts December 20, 2014posted by Romy Aquino (@romyaquino) Follow @romyaquino (VIDEO) James Johnson dunks on Andre Drummond, Terrence Ross Reacts James Johnson has been a phenomenal addition to the Raptors bench, both on the defensive end as well as the offensive end. On Friday night, he threw down a filthy dunk on the Pistons Andre Drummond in the Raptors 110-100 win in Detroit. The dunk was so good, that Terrence Ross could hardly contain himself. I don't know what's better, Johnson's dunk or T-Ross' reaction. What do you think, is this the Dunk of the Year so far? HIP HOOP JUNKIES linkage! Twitter: @hiphoopjunkies Facebook: 'Like' us on Facebook! Podcast: Subscribe to RAPS TALK, our audio podcast on iTunes If you don't have iTunes, you can subscribe here T-Shirt Shop: Hip Hoop Junkies clothing
- NBA News: Raptors new logo gets mixed reviews December 20, 2014TORONTO, On. – The Toronto Raptors have officially unveiled their new logo on Friday, and it looks awfully familiar. The Raptors decided to release their new logo in a short YouTube video entitled, This Is Our Shield: When the Raptors partnered with Drake in 2011, the team did so with a re-brand in mind and when the We The North marketing campaign exploded during last seasons’ playoff birth, Toronto had embraced the Raptors new identity. Now, the Raptors have unveiled a completely new color scheme, abandoning the beloved Dino of old and opting to focus on a more of a hip-hop feel, extremely similar to that of Jay Z’s re-branded Brooklyn Nets. Now that we’ve got your attention… pic.twitter.com/kJ8peohItE — Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) December 19, 2014 The logos are so similar that the Nets decided to express their displeasure with this tweet @Raptors: .@Raptors Looks familiar — Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) December 19, 2014 The Raptors will reportedly have new uniforms aimed at embracing the n
- Raptors’ Fourth-Quarter Spurt Dooms Nets December 18, 2014Toronto outscored the Nets, 29-16, in the fourth quarter in the teams’ first meeting since the Nets’ 1-point win in Game 7 of a first-round playoff series in May.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. and Knicks Step Up, but Fall in Overtime December 15, 2014Without J. R. Smith, the Knicks were able to put up a strong fight against the Raptors but lost after missing their first seven shots in the extra period.
- A Scramble to Dig the N.B.A.’s Biggest Hole December 12, 2014The Atlantic Division has established itself as the league’s sorriest group, but the losing could still get worse.
- LeBron James Scores 35 Points as Cavaliers Win Eighth in a Row December 10, 2014Cleveland overcame a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter to defeat the visiting Toronto Raptors.
- Toronto Raptors Lose DeMar DeRozan November 30, 2014DeRozan, a 25-year-old All-Star guard, is going to be out an indefinite period with a torn tendon in his left groin.