Philadelphia 76ers Links of Interest
Philadelphia 76ers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Philadelphia 76ers
Quick searches for Philadelphia 76ers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Philadelphia 76ers News
- Nets-76ers Preview (The Associated Press) December 19, 2013The Philadelphia 76ers have had some time to digest a 36-point defeat in Brooklyn, which came two days after they lost by 34 at home to Portland. The Nets appeared to be turning things around with that blowout win, but another poor defensive performance doomed them in their next game. Brooklyn looks for a fifth win in six meetings against the 76ers, who are searching for answers as they try to avoid dropping eight in a row for the first time in four years Friday night. The Nets (9-16) rolled past Philadelphia (7-19) on Monday as Joe Johnson made 10 3-pointers and scored a season-high 37 points in a 130-94 victory.
- James' jersey the most popular (The SportsXchange) December 19, 2013The NBA's top-selling jersey is the No. 6 worn by league MVP LeBron James of the Miami Heat. In sales rankings released Thursday from adidas and NBAStore.com, James was ahead of Los Angeles Lakers All-Star guard Kobe Bryant, who was out during the early portion of the season recovering from Achilles surgery and now is lost for six weeks after fracturing his left knee during a game on Tuesday night. The fourth-quarter sales figures account for Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping, which the NBA announced were record days. It's the fifth time that James has topped the league's domestic jersey sales list.
- Rondo 13th in NBA jersey sales (Comcast SportsNet New England) December 19, 2013BOSTON Even though he hasn't played a game all season, Rajon Rondo's jersey No. 9 remains a hit with the masses.The NBA's top-selling jersey list was released on Thursday with Rondo coming in at No. 13.Leading all players was Miami's LeBron James, followed by Los Angeles Lakers' guard Kobe Bryant, Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant of Oklahoma City and New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony.The list, which includes the top-15 players, is based on overall sales from adidas and NBAStore.com from October 2013 through December 2013. ...
- LeBron, Kobe top NBA jersey sales list during holidays (NBC Sports) December 19, 2013He’s the reigning NBA MVP, won the last two NBA titles, earned the last two the Finals MVPs… And not surprisingly, LeBron James sells a lot of jerseys. The NBA released the top selling jerseys from the start of this season (October through December this year), which includes the holiday buying rush, and not surprisingly…
- Carter-Williams leads all rookies in jersey sales (Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia) December 19, 2013The Sixers are not a very good basketball team. In fact, they are rather bad.
- Johnson’s 10 3-Pointers Propel the Nets to a Rout of the 76ers December 17, 2013Joe Johnson tied the N.B.A. record for 3-pointers in a quarter, giving the Nets a much-needed win during a week when they can do some repair work on their record.
- A Player With a Cause, but Without a Team December 10, 2013Royce White urged the N.B.A. to establish a mental health protocol after he was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, and though he was waived, he says he is ready to get back in the game.
- Thunder End Spurs’ Winning Streak at 11 November 28, 2013Kevin Durant had 24 points and Serge Ibaka added 17 points as the Oklahoma City Thunder snapped the San Antonio Spurs’ 11-game winning streak with a win at home Wednesday night.
- Rose Injures Other Knee and Is Out Indefinitely November 24, 2013The Chicago Bulls’ star Derrick Rose, who missed last season with a left knee injury, is out indefinitely because of torn cartilage in his right knee that will require surgery.
- Bulls Extend Their Streak to Five Games November 19, 2013Luol Deng scored 21 points and the Chicago Bulls overcame a rough shooting night to beat the visiting Charlotte Bobcats.