Philadelphia 76ers Links of Interest
Philadelphia 76ers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Philadelphia 76ers
Quick searches for Philadelphia 76ers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Philadelphia 76ers News
- Anderson helps Nets beat winless 76ers 99-91 (The Associated Press) November 27, 2014PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The Brooklyn Nets needed a big fourth quarter from Alan Anderson to send the lowly Philadelphia 76ers to another loss.
- Nets-76ers Preview (The Associated Press) November 25, 2014Coach Brent Brown realizes that discussing the negatives of an 0-14 start will do nothing to help a young Philadelphia team that continues inching closer to some dubious history.
- Aldridge leads Blazers over 76ers 114-104 (The Associated Press) November 25, 2014PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The Portland Trail Blazers didn't take the winless 76ers lightly following a lackluster first half.
- Warriors' Speights on OKC's Perkins: 'His game is terrible' (Ball Don't Lie) November 24, 2014The Golden State Warriors continued to roll on Sunday, posting a 91-86 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder to improve to 10-2 on the season. In one sense, the win went according to a familiar script for this Warriors team, as Steve Kerr's bunch relied on its meat-grinder defense — allowing 94.4 points per 100 possessions, tops in the NBA — to clamp down on the struggling Thunder, holding them to 35.6 percent shooting and just 13 assists on 32 made baskets. Golden State's offense was a far cry from Kerr's blueprint, though, with the starry backcourt of Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson combining to score 35 points — 10 below their combined season average — on dismal 11-for-35 shooting. With forwards Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes also misfiring, going just 3-for-16 combined, the Warriors needed someone else to carry the offensive load. The answer, obviously: Marreese Speights. [ Yahoo Sports Fantasy Basketball: Sign up and join a league today! ] The reserve big man scored a season-high 28 points on 11-for-18 shooting in just 25 minutes in the Dubs' fifth straight win. That tied for the second-highest scoring performance of his seven-year NBA career, behind only last season's 32-point explosion against the Philadelphia 76ers, which elicited "M-V-P" chants from the Oracle Arena crowd and had Speights in a pretty jovial mood after the game. Speights was a little less chipper after Sunday's win over the Thunder, though, thanks in part to the defender he battled throughout his breakout performance. From Diamond Leung of the Bay Area News Group : Speights credited [Oklahoma City center Kendrick] Perkins for firing him up, as the two jawed throughout the contest. "He thinks he's a tough guy, but at the end of the day, his game is terrible," Speights said of the Thunder reserve player. "He always has got something to say to me every time we play against each other. "Always getting me going, so shout-out to Perkins again, who made me get this good game." I'm guessing Perkins won't particularly appreciate Speights' comments, but it kind of stands to reason. I mean, if Perk can make himself believe he's the MVP , why wouldn't he make opponents feel the same?
- NBA Power Rankings: Grizzlies looking formidable (Yahoo Sports) November 24, 2014Memphis stakes its claim to No. 1 with the best record in basketball.
- Struggling Nets Find Team Even They Can Beat November 27, 2014Philadelphia trailed by only 1 point with 1 minute 13 seconds remaining but could not overpower the Nets, and with the loss, the 76ers dropped to 0-15.
- Negative Numbers Piling Up for the 76ers November 26, 2014Philadelphia’s loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday was the team’s 14th straight — one loss short of the franchise record for consecutive defeats to start a season.
- Blazers Drop Sixers to 0-14 November 25, 2014LaMarcus Aldridge had 15 of his 33 points during the pivotal third quarter at Philadelphia, sending Portland to a 114-104 victory.
- One Game In, Knicks’ Jose Calderon Has More Wins Than 76ers November 23, 2014Granted a reprieve from the usual rigors of the N.B.A. schedule, the Knicks took advantage by defeating the 76ers with help from Jose Calderon, who made his season debut Saturday at Madison Square Garden.
- Dallas Mavericks Thump Philadelphia 76ers November 14, 2014Dirk Nowitzki scored 21 points while playing only 20 minutes, and the host Dallas Mavericks had their largest victory ever, 123-70, over the Philadelphia 76ers.