Philadelphia 76ers Links of Interest
Philadelphia 76ers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Philadelphia 76ers
Quick searches for Philadelphia 76ers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Philadelphia 76ers News
- Daily Fantasy Review (Rotoworld) October 30, 2014Ryan Knaus sums up daily fantasy trends from the 2013-14 season in the final edition of 'The Numbers Game.'
- 76ers-Bucks Preview (The Associated Press) October 30, 2014There hasn't been much to get excited about in Milwaukee since the Ray Allen-Glenn Robinson-Sam Cassell era more than a decade ago. Now the Bucks are banking on the arrival of Jabari Parker to help turn around the franchise's fortune. Following Parker's quiet debut on the road, Milwaukee fans will get their first in-person look at the Bucks' future Friday night when the 19-year-old forward plays his first home game against the Philadelphia 76ers. The Bucks (0-1) have posted two winning seasons while failing to advance out of the first round of the playoffs since Allen, Robinson and Cassell led their last 50-win team to the conference finals in 2001.
- Hibbert helps Pacers pull away from 76ers 103-91 (The Associated Press) October 30, 2014Roy Hibbert stepped up when the short-handed Indiana Pacers needed a lift on opening night. Hibbert had 22 points, eight rebounds and seven blocks, leading the Pacers to a 103-91 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday. Indiana won its season opener for the fourth consecutive year, but this was the first one during that stretch without All-Star swingman Paul George, who is out after breaking his right leg in two places. The Pacers also played without two other starters, power forward David West (sprained right ankle) and guard George Hill (bruised left knee).
- 76ers-Pacers Preview (The Associated Press) October 29, 2014With their leading scorer possibly out for the season, a rising star lost to free agency and two more starters injured, the Indiana Pacers' opening night lineup hardly resembles the one that reached the Eastern Conference finals the past two years. It might, however, be good enough to get past the lowly Philadelphia 76ers. The Pacers look to overcome those absences Wednesday night when they host the talent-thin 76ers, who will also be missing the reigning NBA rookie of the year for the immediate future. For the second straight season, Miami ended Indiana's playoff run one step shy of the NBA Finals.
- Anthony Davis dominates Magic, looks set for breakout season we all predicted (Video) (Ball Don't Lie) October 29, 2014The run-up to the 2014-15 NBA season featured several steady storylines, including the return of LeBron James to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Kobe Bryant's attempt to play at an elite level at 36 years old, and the Philadelphia 76ers' grand experiment of rebuilding without putting their promising young players on the the floor. One of the most common stories of this group has been the ascent of 21-year-old New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis, who made his first All-Star team last season and starred for Team USA at the FIBA World Cup this summer. Most analysts have predicted that Davis will challenge for All-NBA First Team honors this year and could even drag the Pelicans to the playoffs all by himself. He seems to have no real ceiling. Davis made those projections look pretty good in Tuesday night's season opener against the Orlando Magic in New Orleans. The Pelicans star finished with 26 points (10-of-22 shooting), 17 rebounds, nine blocks , three steals, and two assists in a 101-84 win . Beyond the numbers, Davis changed the game at both ends and looked like a two-way force who can lead New Orleans into a bright future. Take a look at his dominant play below: Davis's line puts him in select company. He is the first player to hit those totals of points, rebounds, and blocks in the same game since Dwight Howard in November 2008 . And only one other player has matched Davis's points, rebounds, blocks, and steals since the 1985-86 season — Hakeem Olajuwon, who did it four times in his career (via PBT ). For that matter, Davis and new teammate Omer Asik became the first duo to log 15 rebounds and five blocks apiece in the same game since Tim Duncan and David Robinson in 1998. One game in and Davis is already in some pretty impressive company. It's a safe bet that Davis will face challenges throughout this season, if only because the Pelicans will lean on him regularly and the Magic could be one of the worst teams in the league yet again. However, the season opener proves that all the talk about becoming one of basketball's best players isn't just hype. He may be at that level already. - - - - - - - Eric Freeman is a writer for Ball Don't Lie on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter! Follow @FreemanEric
- Knicks Trade Travis Outlaw October 28, 2014The Knicks settled on their 15-man roster Monday by trading forward Travis Outlaw to the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Cavaliers Pick Wiggins at No. 1, Bringing N.B.A. Draft Speculation Full Circle June 27, 2014In the end, the top three selections were essentially what observers expected all along, with Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker and Joel Embiid picked by the Cavaliers, Bucks and 76ers.
- A Basketball Life of Harsh Reality, Starkly Revisited May 11, 2014A new documentary on Allen Iverson by the filmmaker Zatella Beatty explores the explosive, tough-as-nails former M.V.P.’s role as an iconoclast and cautionary tale.
- With a Spirited Garnett Back, the Healthy Nets Edge the 76ers April 6, 2014In their victory over the 76ers on Saturday, the Nets had their entire roster available for the first time since Feb. 27.
- With Rare Success, 76ers Fail to Break Record March 30, 2014Although the 76ers had tied the N.B.A. record for consecutive losses at 26, they won with flair on Saturday and failed to set a new mark in futility.