Philadelphia 76ers Links of Interest
Philadelphia 76ers Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Philadelphia 76ers
Quick searches for Philadelphia 76ers on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Philadelphia 76ers News
- Warriors' Speights on OKC's Perkins: 'His game is terrible' (Ball Don't Lie) November 24, 2014The Golden State Warriors continued to roll on Sunday, posting a 91-86 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder to improve to 10-2 on the season. In one sense, the win went according to a familiar script for this Warriors team, as Steve Kerr's bunch relied on its meat-grinder defense — allowing 94.4 points per 100 possessions, tops in the NBA — to clamp down on the struggling Thunder, holding them to 35.6 percent shooting and just 13 assists on 32 made baskets. Golden State's offense was a far cry from Kerr's blueprint, though, with the starry backcourt of Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson combining to score 35 points — 10 below their combined season average — on dismal 11-for-35 shooting. With forwards Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes also misfiring, going just 3-for-16 combined, the Warriors needed someone else to carry the offensive load. The answer, obviously: Marreese Speights. [ Yahoo Sports Fantasy Basketball: Sign up and join a league today! ] The reserve big man scored a season-high 28 points on 11-for-18 shooting in just 25 minutes in the Dubs' fifth straight win. That tied for the second-highest scoring performance of his seven-year NBA career, behind only last season's 32-point explosion against the Philadelphia 76ers, which elicited "M-V-P" chants from the Oracle Arena crowd and had Speights in a pretty jovial mood after the game. Speights was a little less chipper after Sunday's win over the Thunder, though, thanks in part to the defender he battled throughout his breakout performance. From Diamond Leung of the Bay Area News Group : Speights credited [Oklahoma City center Kendrick] Perkins for firing him up, as the two jawed throughout the contest. "He thinks he's a tough guy, but at the end of the day, his game is terrible," Speights said of the Thunder reserve player. "He always has got something to say to me every time we play against each other. "Always getting me going, so shout-out to Perkins again, who made me get this good game." I'm guessing Perkins won't particularly appreciate Speights' comments, but it kind of stands to reason. I mean, if Perk can make himself believe he's the MVP , why wouldn't he make opponents feel the same?
- NBA Power Rankings: Grizzlies looking formidable (Yahoo Sports) November 24, 2014Memphis stakes its claim to No. 1 with the best record in basketball.
- As 76ers' Brown nears 100 games, can he be judged? (The Associated Press) November 24, 2014Brett Brown is nearing 100 games with Philadelphia, and not many coaches had fewer victories when they got there.
- Trail Blazers-76ers Preview (The Associated Press) November 24, 2014The Portland Trail Blazers simply outscored opponents in the early part of their lengthy win streak but have relied on an improved defense lately to keep that run going.
- Knicks win 91-83, drop 76ers to 0-13 (The Associated Press) November 23, 2014NEW YORK (AP) -- Even with a winless team coming to Madison Square Garden, there was no chance of the New York Knicks being overconfident.
- One Game In, Knicks’ Jose Calderon Has More Wins Than 76ers November 23, 2014Granted a reprieve from the usual rigors of the N.B.A. schedule, the Knicks took advantage by defeating the 76ers with help from Jose Calderon, who made his season debut Saturday at Madison Square Garden.
- Dallas Mavericks Thump Philadelphia 76ers November 14, 2014Dirk Nowitzki scored 21 points while playing only 20 minutes, and the host Dallas Mavericks had their largest victory ever, 123-70, over the Philadelphia 76ers.
- League’s Last Unbeaten Team Falls as Suns Rally Past Warriors November 10, 2014DeMar DeRozan scored 24 points, Terrence Ross had 17 and Toronto routed visiting Philadelphia, 120-88, Sunday night for its sixth victory in seven games.
- Beneath a Pile of Losses, the Philadelphia 76ers Seek a Formula for Victory November 7, 2014The 76ers, who are winless and have a mostly anonymous roster, could take a step toward success by getting a high draft pick next year.
- Harden Paces Rockets to Win Over 76ers November 4, 2014James Harden scored 35 points, and Houston defeated Philadelphia to improve to 4-0.