New York Knicks Links of Interest
New York Knicks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New York Knicks
Quick searches for New York Knicks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New York Knicks News
- LeBron very un-LeBron in opening loss to Knicks (The Associated Press) October 31, 2014Shortly after showering, and maybe rinsing off a forgettable performance, LeBron James smiled and laughed as he dressed for a flight to Chicago. It may take Cleveland a little longer. This championship-deprived city, which had waited months to celebrate James' return from Miami with a rip-roaring party, was in a state of shock following Cleveland's 95-90 loss to the New York Knicks on Thursday night. Following an emotional pregame, which included him reprising the signature ''chalk toss'' routine he made famous during his first stint with the Cavs, James could hardly do anything right.
- Dose: Down Goes Westbrook (Rotoworld) October 31, 2014LeBron James made his Cavs' debut Thursday, but Russell Westbrook's fractured hand trumped him in fantasyland.
- Knicks ruin James' homecoming, Clippers begin new era (AFP) October 31, 2014LeBron James struggled as the New York Knicks spoiled his Cleveland homecoming, and the Los Angeles Clippers sneaked by Oklahoma City to begin their post-Donald Sterling era on Thursday night. James returned to his roots but Carmelo Anthony stole the spotlight by scoring 25 points to lift the Knicks to a 95-90 win in the Cavaliers' 2014-15 season opener on Thursday night. "My turnovers, some of them were careless and some of them were chemistry," James said. In the late game, the Clippers edged the short-handed Thunder 93-90 to begin the Steve Ballmer ownership era.
- Cavaliers-Bulls Preview (The Associated Press) October 31, 2014After struggling in his highly anticipated homecoming, LeBron James will face the team that was the best at containing him last season. With a healthier Derrick Rose and the addition of Pau Gasol, the Chicago Bulls will try to show the visiting Cleveland Cavaliers that they'll be one of their main challengers in the Eastern Conference on Friday night. He finished with 17 points on 5-of-15 shooting and eight turnovers in a 95-90 loss to the New York Knicks - who were soundly beaten by Chicago a night earlier. I'm glad it was great, but I'm also glad it's over." Cleveland's other ballyhooed new player, Kevin Love, had 19 points and 14 rebounds while Kyrie Irving had a team-best 22 points and seven assists.
- Knicks spoil James' homecoming, 95-90 (The Associated Press) October 31, 2014LeBron James shot miserably. ''I didn't press,'' James said, dismissing nerves as a factor. ''I didn't do much.'' James struggled from the start in his first game with Cleveland in four years, and the New York Knicks ruined the megastar's emotional return home with a 95-90 victory over the Cavaliers on Thursday night. James, who returned to the Cavs and his native Ohio this summer after winning two NBA titles in Miami, finished with 17 points on 5-of-15 shooting.
- Carmelo Anthony and Knicks, Undaunted by LeBron James’s Return, Beat Cavaliers for First Win October 31, 2014Despite the hoopla over James’s first game back with Cleveland, the Knicks held on for the victory. James scored 17 points and had eight turnovers.
- Knicks’ Jose Calderon Out 2-3 Weeks October 31, 2014The team announced that point guard Jose Calderon would miss two to three more weeks, including Thursday night’s game against the Cavaliers, with a strained right calf.
- A Hyped Homecoming, but the Knicks Are the Kings October 31, 2014As LeBron James made clear in his Cleveland return Thursday night, wherever the best player in the basketball universe goes to play hoops, the reality changes.
- Knicks Juggle Starting Lineup, Then Drop Opener October 30, 2014The Bulls stormed past the Knicks, 104-80, to spoil Derek Fisher’s coaching debut and snuff some of his team’s early optimism.
- Developing a New State of Mind at the Garden October 30, 2014Despite an opening loss to the Bulls, the Knicks are excited about the new season. But the team may have to succeed before Phil Jackson’s changes win over the fans.