New York Knicks Links of Interest
New York Knicks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New York Knicks
Quick searches for New York Knicks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New York Knicks News
- Report: Carmelo Anthony played with partial tear in shoulder (The SportsXchange) May 23, 2013New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony was hindered for the final 12 games he played this past season by a partially torn left shoulder, according to numerous media reports.
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has partially torn labrum in left shoulder, may need offseason surgery (Ball Don't Lie) May 23, 2013A magnetic resonance imaging scan of Carmelo Anthony's ailing left shoulder revealed a partially torn labrum that could require offseason surgery that would shelve the New York Knicks' All-Star forward for months, Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reported Wednesday. Knicks fans looking for an explanation for Anthony's decline in shooting percentages from regular season (44.9 percent from the floor, 37.9 percent from 3-point range) to postseason (40.6 and 29.8, respectively) might point toward the bum shoulder, which Isola reports has caused "chronic pain" for the league's leading scorer ever since he initially injured it late in the third quarter of the Knicks' April 14 win over the Indiana Pacers: Anthony re-aggravated the injury early in the fourth quarter of Game 5 of the Knicks' opening-round series against the Boston Celtics, when Celtics center Kevin Garnett grabbed Anthony's left arm on a screen:
- LeBron James is spied practicing floaters, because Indiana’s Roy Hibbert is very tall and very good (Ball Don't Lie) May 22, 2013Indiana center Roy Hibbert was more than a few NBA observers’ pick for Defensive Player of the Year runner-up, and he’s certainly the most important feature of a Pacers defense that ranked tops in the NBA in defensive efficiency this season . That stingy streak has carried to the postseason, where Hibbert is once again averaging around two and a half blocks per game, in a defense that prefers contested shots to outright throwbacks. This is probably why LeBron James was seen working on floaters Tuesday on Miami's practice court. It's a move that the NBA’s MVP rarely breaks out on account of him bein’ all LeBron James an’ all. LeBron was spied perfecting the evasive maneuver during the post-practice shootaround on Tuesday that was available to the media, and he explained the added attention at the press scrum following, as documented by Joseph Goodman of the Miami Herald : “I just dust it off when I need it,” James said.
- NBA Mock Draft: Version 3 (Rotoworld) May 22, 2013Version 3 of our NBA Mock Draft is here. The Cavaliers snuck into the No. 1 spot, the Magic get No. 2 and the Wizards moved up to No. 3.
- Ball Don’t Lie’s 2012-13 Playoff Previews: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (Ball Don't Lie) May 21, 2013The minds behind Ball Don’t Lie are going to preview each of the parings in the third round, with Kelly Dwyer going against character for a more genial take, Dan Devine bringing his inimitable mixture of both order and bedlam, along with Eric Freeman’s legendary look inside the reputations of some of the series’ key fixtures. We continue with the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers. Which team do you think will win the series, and in how many games? Vote here to let us know what you think.
- Strapped Knicks Stress Continuity, Not Change May 22, 2013With limited ability to acquire new talent, General Manager Glen Grunwald and Coach Mike Woodson repeatedly emphasized the need to squeeze more from the talent they have.
- Knicks Offer a Blunt Assessment of What Went Wrong May 21, 2013On a roster full of seasoned players, Iman Shumpert, who is the youngest Knick, said the team did not take care of the little things in its playoff loss to the Pacers.
- Knicks’ Illusion Was Convincing, but Magic May Run Out May 20, 2013The Knicks’ title chase is over, and with a talent deficit and a payroll with no flexibility, they are paying the price for their pursuit of veterans last summer.
- Latest Knicks Failure Has Its Roots at the Top May 20, 2013For a team that was built to win now, the question of what’s next is daunting with the dictatorial reign of James Dolan.
- Heat Pose Stiffer Test for Pacers’ Strengths May 20, 2013Outrebounding the Knicks is one thing; counting on the same defensive approach to work against the Miami Heat is another.