New York Knicks Links of Interest
New York Knicks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New York Knicks
Quick searches for New York Knicks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New York Knicks News
- Nowitzki carries Mavs past Pelicans 100-97 (The Associated Press) December 5, 2013Dirk Nowitzki was not happy with his play or Dallas' defense for most of Wednesday night. He still found a way to end the New Orleans Pelicans' three-game winning streak. Nowitzki scored 11 of his 21 points in the fourth quarter and had the last of his season-high four blocked shots on a crucial possession in the final minute as the Mavericks beat the Pelicans 100-97 at the start of a four-game road trip. Nowitzki gave Dallas the lead with a free throw to make the score 98-97 with 32.3 seconds left.
- Nowitzki, Mavs hold off Pelicans (The SportsXchange) December 5, 2013NEW ORLEANS -- Dirk Nowitzki is nothing if not a perfectionist. The future NBA Hall of Famer scored Dallas' final five points in a 100-97 victory Wednesday night over the New Orleans Pelicans -- a road win that carried even more importance for the Mavericks because it came on the second night of a back-to-back and helped erase bitter memories of some recent late-game collapses. Nowitzki scored 15 of his team-high 21 points in the second half, but he missed the second of two foul shots with 32.3 seconds left and Dallas clinging to a precarious 98-97 lead. Just as obvious was the poise Nowitzki and his Dallas teammates showed in the final 30 seconds.
- Mavericks 100, Pelicans 97 (The SportsXchange) December 5, 2013NEW ORLEANS -- Forward Dirk Nowitzki scored 15 of his 21 points in the second half, including his team's last five points, and guard Jose Calderon added a pair of 3-pointers in the fourth quarter to lift the Dallas Mavericks to a 100-97 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday night at the New Orleans Arena. After Nowitzki hit an 18-footer with 2:25 left to put the Mavericks on top 97-94, guard Jrue Holiday tied the game at 97 with a 3-pointer from 25 feet away on the left wing with 1:25 remaining. Nowitzki was fouled on a switch by Holiday with 32.3 seconds left, but the normally deadly free-throw shooter made only 1 of 2 from the line, putting the Mavericks up 98-97. After guard Eric Gordon missed a driving layup attempt in the lane, Nowitzki grabbed the rebound and was fouled by forward Al-Farouq Aminu, and Nowitzki made both free throws, extending the Dallas lead to 100-97 with 8.0 seconds left.
- Top 2012 picks Kidd-Gilchrist, Davis out 4-6 weeks (The Associated Press) December 4, 2013It's been a tough week for former Kentucky stars and top 2012 NBA draft picks Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. The Bobcats announced Wednesday that Kidd-Gilchrist will be sidelined four to six weeks with a broken left hand, an eerily similar injury to what Davis suffered earlier this week. Kidd-Gilchrist, the No. 2 pick in the 2012 draft, suffered a non-displaced fracture of the fourth metacarpal in his left hand during Tuesday night's game at Dallas. Kidd-Gilchrist's former college teammate and friend Davis, who was selected No. 1 last year, suffered a non-displaced fracture of the fifth metacarpal in his left hand in the Pelicans game Sunday night against the New York Knicks.
- The 10-man rotation, starring how the Cleveland Cavaliers are, in a sense, Andrew Bynum’s team (Ball Don't Lie) December 4, 2013A look around the league and the Web that covers it. It's also important to note that the rotation order and starting nods aren't always listed in order of importance. That's for you, dear reader, to figure out. C : Cavs: The Blog . Robert Attenweiler asks big questions about franchise culture, team identity and locker-room atmosphere as they relate to the Cleveland Cavaliers, who have disappointed in a variety of ways thus far this season, and Andrew Bynum, the free-agent acquisition who's been healthier than anyone expected but has still seemed burdened : "What happens when the player all of your other young guys seem to be looking to and, in ways, patterning themselves after is himself a young guy who happens to be going through some stuff?" PF : The Point Forward . Rob Mahoney looks at Mike Woodson, the ringmaster of the NBA's most ramshackle circus , and tries to parse what about the New York Knicks' start is and is not the head coach's fault. A measured take on a team about whom almost nothing said, written or thought tends to be measured. SF : Daily Thunder . I look at Reggie Jackson doing cool stuff and think, "Hey, that's awesome." Oklahoma City Thunder fans — some of them, at least — look at Reggie Jackson doing cool stuff and think, "Crap, are we going to be able to afford him in two years?" Such is life in the luxury-tax-livin' NBA when you've already got (justifiable) top-dollar talent on the books.
- Kidd Reticent on Demotion of Assistant December 5, 2013A day after Nets Coach Jason Kidd demoted Lawrence Frank to a much-reduced role filing daily reports, he insisted it had not been a difficult decision to make.
- Racing for Top, Owners of Knicks and Nets See the Bottom Fall Out December 5, 2013James L. Dolan, the owner of the Knicks, and Mikhail D. Prokhorov, the owner of the Nets, share a city and an approach that has saddled them with high payrolls for weak teams.
- Knicks’ Three-Win Circus Draws Spotlight December 4, 2013With the Knicks 3-13 and on a nine-game losing streak, the end of practice Tuesday meant more questions about the team’s issues on and off the court.
- Eastern Conference Sets New Standards for Poor Play December 3, 2013The last time an N.B.A. conference had only two teams with winning records at this point in the season was in 1972.
- Nets and Knicks Share Woes and, This Week, a Floor December 3, 2013Thursday’s Knicks-Nets matchup, part of a TNT doubleheader, was supposed to be a preview of the playoffs, not a rebuff of the strategy of trying to win with aging, overpriced players.