New York Knicks Links of Interest
New York Knicks Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New York Knicks
Quick searches for New York Knicks on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New York Knicks News
- Lakers-Knicks Preview (The Associated Press) February 1, 2015While the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers are two of the winningest franchises in NBA history, they find themselves at or near the bottom of their respective conferences heading into Sunday's matchup at Madison Square Garden. This marks the teams' first meeting since Phil Jackson signed on to become New York's team president back in March. Jackson coached the Lakers to five of his NBA-record 11 titles during his 11 seasons in Los Angeles from 1999-2011. This game also serves as a reunion for Knicks coach and former Lakers guard Derek Fisher, who played a part in each of those five championships under Jackson.
- Knicks signs forward Lance Thomas for rest of season (The Associated Press) January 31, 2015NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Knicks have signed forward Lance Thomas for the remainder of the season.
- Kings-Pacers Preview (The Associated Press) January 31, 2015The Indiana Pacers haven't seen much go their way, but they're hoping to build on a promising performance. Indiana would appear to have good chance to do just that Saturday night against the visiting Sacramento Kings, who are mired in their longest losing streak in four seasons. Indiana, however, is giving up an average of 96.9 to rank among the league leaders. Coach Frank Vogel's team was clicking on both ends of the floor in Thursday's 103-82 win over New York.
- Knicks sign Lou Amundson for rest of season (The Associated Press) January 31, 2015NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Knicks have signed veteran forward Lou Amundson for the remainder of the season.
- The 10-man rotation, starring Tony Parker's troubling play (Ball Don't Lie) January 30, 2015A look around the league and the Web that covers it. It's also important to note that the rotation order and starting nods aren't always listed in order of importance. That's for you, dear reader, to figure out. C : Gothic Ginobili . Tony Parker hasn't looked very much like himself this season. What gives, and is this a "give it a minute, it'll be fine" kind of thing, or a "maybe TP's on the decline" kind of thing? Aaron McGuire investigates. PF : Nylon Calculus . An exhaustive, statistical-context-heavy and very good review of Kevin Garnett's career as he nears its end. SF : NBA.com/Stats . How much are this year's Atlanta Hawks like last year's San Antonio Spurs? SG : FOX Sports . How much are this year's Golden State Warriors like the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls? (For more on the West-leading Dubs, check out this cool feature from Ken Berger at CBSSports.com ). PG : ESPN.com . Interesting stuff from Tom Haberstroh on the decline of home-court advantage in the NBA over the past couple of seasons. 6th : Mavs Outsider Report . Bobby Karalla offers a really good overview of the myriad small issues that have ailed the Dallas Mavericks of late, leading Rick Carlisle's club to drop four straight to sink to seventh in the West. 7th : Bucksketball . Jeremy Schmidt considers the development of Brandon Knight, who didn't make the Eastern Conference All-Star team, but who has come far enough for some fans to think that he might just be the long-term solution at the point for the Milwaukee Bucks. 8th : DraftExpress . A SportVU-based look at how Duke phenom center Jahlil Okafor's work on the block and in the paint on both ends compares to that of some of his NBA counterparts. 9th : Wall Street Journal . Chris Herring with a fun investigation of the "knuckleball-like unpredictability" of New York Knicks center Cole Aldrich's hook shot. 10th : Sole Collector . NBA players discuss why they would or would not wear another player's signature sneakers. - - - - - - - Dan Devine is an editor for Ball Don't Lie on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter! Follow @YourManDevine Stay connected with Ball Don't Lie on Twitter @YahooBDL , "Like" BDL on Facebook and follow BDL's Tumblr for year-round NBA talk, jokes and more.
- With Loss to Pacers, Knicks Slide Back to Basement in East January 30, 2015With the loss, the Knicks fell behind Philadelphia (9-37) for the worst record in the East.
- Loss to Knicks Leaves Thunder Less Room to Err January 29, 2015The Thunder are trying to bounce back from their injury-plagued start and into a playoff spot, and their 100-92 loss to the lowly Knicks further complicated things.
- Storm Shelves Home Games for the Knicks and the Nets January 27, 2015The Knicks’ game against Sacramento was rescheduled for March 3. The Nets’ game against Portland was postponed until April 6.
- For N.B.A. Teams, Nonentities on Offense Can Fill Important Roles January 25, 2015In his N.B.A. career Charles Jones had little to do on the offensive end of the court, but he unexpectedly played a key role in the Rockets’ 1995 championship run.
- Carmelo Anthony Is Out, and the Knicks’ Winning Streak Is Over January 25, 2015A year after his 62-point performance against Charlotte, Anthony was unable to contribute while resting his sore knee as the Knicks fell to the Hornets.