New Jersey Nets Links of Interest
New Jersey Nets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Jersey Nets
Quick searches for New Jersey Nets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New Jersey Nets News
- NBA update: Nets will sign Jason Collins for the rest of the season March 12, 2014Jason Collins's second 10-day contract expires on friday and according to multiple reports, the Brooklyn Nets will keep him beyond March 14.Image via: Wikimedia CommonsThe absence of Brook Lopez who is out for the rest of the season has been pretty well covered by Andray Blatche and Jason Collins, Collins signed a 10-day contract back in February 23 and according to a report on ESPN, it was the Nets internal expectation all along to keep Collins for the rest of the season since the moment he signed.If you recall, Collins became the first openly gay athlete in North America's four recognized major team sports and his Nets #98 Jersey became a top seller. The Nets started off the season with high expectations that were inmediately shut down due to constant injuries but have managed to make a comeback ever since the month of January and are currently holding the 6th spot (32-30) overall in the Eastern Conference, if the Playoffs started today, they would face the Toronto Raptors...
- Jason Collins To Sign With Nets For Rest Of Season March 12, 2014Jason Collins will sign with the Brooklyn Nets for the remainder of the season on Saturday, according to sources. Collins' second 10-day contract will expire on Friday. Collins has averaged 9.8 minutes per game in eight appearances with the Nets this season. Collins has focused on basketball despite attention surrounding him playing as the first openly gay athlete in North America's four recognized major team sports. "I'm just trying to be Jason Collins," Collins said recently. "What Jackie Robinson did for the sport of baseball and our society [is] tremendous. But I am just trying to be Jason Collins."
- Underestimating The NBA Eastern Conference Again March 11, 2014The annual woe-is-me calls are emanating from your favorite NBA analysts, if only my team was in the NBA East. However, the current Eastern Conference playoff seeds 3-7 have been playing a lot better lately and hold down the number 1, 4, 5, 9 and 12 spots for the fewest points allowed in the NBA. They don’t have the offensive flash of their Western Conference counterparts, but isn’t the analogy, scoring can win in the regular season, but defense wins in the playoffs. Play on.
- Brooklyn Nets Ball Boy Almost Gets Run Over By Tyler Hansbrough On Fast Break (Video) March 11, 2014Tyler Hansbrough comes up with a steal Monday night in Brooklyn and almost takes out the Brooklyn Nets ball boy who scrambles out of the way just in time to avoid being trampled by Psycho T: The post Brooklyn Nets Ball Boy Almost Gets Run Over By Tyler Hansbrough On Fast Break (Video) appeared first on Beyond The Buzzer.
- Towel boy nearly trucked by Tyler Hansbrough, dives out of the way (video) March 11, 2014) An NBA towel boy likely saw his young life flash before his eyes during Monday’s game between the Toronto Raptors and Brooklyn Nets? Why? Because he was very nearly run over by Raptors big man Tyler Hansbrough. A quick turnover off a steal and a fast break by Hansbrough left the towel boy, who […]The post Towel boy nearly trucked by Tyler Hansbrough, dives out of the way (video) appeared first on Sportress of Blogitude.
- Nets Defeat Raptors in a Playoff Atmosphere March 11, 2014The Nets moved within three games of the Atlantic Division-leading Toronto Raptors with a 101-97 home win on Monday.
- Nets Shrug Off More Injuries to Rise Above .500 Again March 10, 2014The Nets bounced back from a poor performance in Boston with a home win against Sacramento, but Paul Pierce and Andrei Kirilenko were injured.
- Missing 26 3-Point Shots, Nets Fail to Add to Streak March 8, 2014In Paul Pierce’s second return to TD Garden, the Nets shot 4 of 30 from 3-point range as Boston, despite 28 turnovers, ended their winning streak at four.
- Garnett Won’t Face Celtics March 7, 2014Kevin Garnett will sit out a fourth straight game because of back spasms when the Nets visit Boston on Friday, the team’s last trip this season to his old home.
- For Nets, New Scoring Threat Proves a Bargain March 7, 2014Acquired in a trade for Reggie Evans and Jason Terry, Marcus Thornton has proved to be powerful off the bench.