New Jersey Nets Links of Interest
New Jersey Nets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Jersey Nets
Quick searches for New Jersey Nets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New Jersey Nets News
- Nets’ Brook Lopez: “I’m better than ever” August 29, 2014The Brooklyn Nets are disappointed with the way that their season ended last season in the playoffs against the Miami Heat, and are entering a new era of basketball in 2014. Jason Kidd was hired last offseason as their new head coach, but he left this offseason to go to Milwaukee to coach the Bucks. Lionel Hollins is the new sheriff in town now, and he will demand respect and effort out of each and every player on the Nets’ roster. They are excited to have big man Brook Lopez back on the court after he missed the majority of last season due to injury, and he will have a major impact on their upcoming season. Brooklyn still has a deep team with a lot of star power in the starting lineup, and will be a player in the Eastern Conference playoff race this season. Lopez took to the media to talk about how he feels and the upcoming season. “Like I said before, I’m not looking for any restrictions,” Lopez told ESPN New York and Newsday Friday. “I’m confident I’m gonna be able to go out there and be bett
- Brook Lopez: "I'm going to be better than I’ve ever been" August 29, 2014Don't tell Brook Lopez that he's a question mark! In an interview with reporters at the Nets' first Southhampton Summer Camp, Lopez expressed optimism and enthusiasm about the upcoming season ... in no uncertain terms. "Like I said before, I’m not looking for any restrictions," Lopez told ESPN New York and Newsday Friday. "I’m confident I’m gonna be able to go out there and be better than I’ve ever been. So from that standpoint, I think our timetables will be different." Billy King has said he plans no restrictions for Lopez but will defer to the team physician, Dr. Riley J. Williams III, and trainer, Tim Walsh, as the season approaches. Lopez underwent surgery on both feet earlier this year.
- Brook Lopez: “I’m Going To Be Better Than I’ve Ever Been” August 29, 2014Brook Lopez is lighter after losing weight, and appears to be pain free after missing most of last season with a broken foot. In an interview with reporters at the Nets‘ first Southhampton Summer Camp, Lopez vowed to return better than he’s ever been before. “Like I said before, I’m not looking for any restrictions,” Lopez told ESPN New York and Newsday Friday. “I’m confident I’m gonna be able to go out there and be better than I’ve ever been. So from that standpoint, I think our timetables will be different.” Lopez reportedly won’t have any restrictions placed on him. “We’re doing everything possible to make the transition as easy as possible, so we’re not immediately just pounding, pounding, pounding right away,” Lopez told Mike Mazzeo. “And I’m in good hands. We still have a lot of time left, and I’m confident when it comes to the outlook of the season. I’m very excited.”
- Brooklyn Nets: Will Joe Johnson See Less Playing Time? August 27, 2014The forgotten man of the Brooklyn Nets offseason has been Joe Johnson. The 33-year-old enters the fifth year of a six-year, $123 million contract he signed with the Atlanta Hawks in the summer of 2010 and is faced with competition for playing time this season. Now Johnson hasn’t averaged less than 25 minutes per game […] Brooklyn Nets: Will Joe Johnson See Less Playing Time? - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- The Greatest Kobe Bryant Quote of All Time August 27, 2014“I would go 0 for 30 before I went 0 for 9.” — Kobe Bryant SI recently released their piece on Kobe last week and today, SI’s Chris Ballard shared some extra that missed the cut. Here it is in context: Gotham Chopra, the director of “Kobe Bryant’s Muse”, an upcoming documentary on Bryant, told a story about being with Kobe and watching the Nets and the Heat play. Recounts Chopra, “Deron Williams went like 0-for-9. I was like, ‘Can you believe Deron Williams went 0-9?’ Kobe was like, ‘I would go 0-30 before I would go 0-9. 0-9 means you beat yourself, you psyched yourself out of the game, because Deron Williams can get more shots in the game. The only reason is because you’ve just now lost confidence in yourself.’ This is Kobe Bryant in a nutshell. It’s this type of moxie that makes Kobe Bryant who he is. Surely pundits will say: “Wow…talk about cocky,” but you need this kind of approach and ego to be the best. Kobe is unfazeable. It’s like the time Matt Barnes faked that h
- Stephon Marbury the Musical: A Tale of Making It in Beijing August 28, 2014The mutual love affair between the former N.B.A. player and his adopted home of Beijing will reach a new milestone this fall when “I Am Stephon Marbury,” a musical about his life in China, opens in the capital.
- LeBron James and Cavs Open vs. Knicks August 14, 2014The N.B.A. on Wednesday released its schedule, which begins on Oct. 28 with the San Antonio Spurs hosting the Dallas Mavericks in one of three games.
- Fast-Break Acclimation for New Net From Bosnia July 29, 2014Bojan Bogdanovic, a 25-year-old forward from Bosnia and Herzegovina, has been on a whirlwind introductory tour since signing a three-year contract with the Nets last week.
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- With Eye on LeBron James, Cavaliers Trade Guard to Nets July 10, 2014The Nets reached a deal on Wednesday to acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev from Cleveland in a three-team trade that included sending Marcus Thornton to Boston.