New Jersey Nets Links of Interest
New Jersey Nets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Jersey Nets
Quick searches for New Jersey Nets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New Jersey Nets News
- Ex-Net Andre Blatche Signs 1-Year $2.5M Deal With Chinese Team September 20, 2014This strikes me as kind of an odd career move for a player as talented as Andre Blatche, but I guess he just couldn’t find the offer he was looking for in the United States. Official: @drayblatche has signed a 1 year deal with the Xinjiang Guanghui Flying Tigers. — ASM SPORTS (@ASM_SPORTS) September 20, 2014 Free agent center Andray Blatche's deal in China will pay him nearly $2.5M net, source tells Yahoo. He can rejoin the NBA in March. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) September 20, 2014
- Blatche signs with Chinese team September 20, 2014Andray Blatche has signed a one-year deal with Xinjiang Guanghui of the Chinese Basketball Association. Blatche most recently was with the Brooklyn Nets. Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski reports Blatche will sign a $2.5 million net deal. Blatche can rejoin the NBA in March.
- Hamady Ndiaye Likely To Sign In China After Nets Void Deal September 19, 2014After the Brooklyn Nets voided his free-agent deal due to a failed physical, Hamady Ndiaye will most likely sign in the Chinese Basketball Association when his injury recovers to full strength, a source told RealGM.Several Chinese teams have been in discussions with Ndiaye before and after his decision to join the Nets for training camp.A seven-footer out of Senegal, Ndiaye was a second-round draft acquisition in 2010 to the Washington Wizards, with whom he spent two seasons. The 27-year-old earned a spot on the Sacramento Kings out of camp last season and appeared in 14 games.Ndiaye has played 33 NBA games in parts of three seasons — including stints in the Development League. He spent the 2012-13 season in China with Tianjin. Ndiaye played his college basketball at the Univerity of Rutgers.
- Nets Injury Update: Deron Williams begins 5 on 5 scrimmages September 18, 2014The Brooklyn Nets approach training camp coming off a successful 2013-2014 season in which they won 44 games and upset the Toronto Raptors in the first round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Nets were in the top half of the league in points allowed but struggled offensively, ranked 21st in scoring and 29th in assists. Guard Deron Williams can improve upon those numbers, if healthy, but he played in only 64 games this season and is coming off ankle surgery. The good news is that Williams started 5 on 5 scrimmages and is on track for training camp and the start of the 2014-2015 season.Keith Allison via Wikimedia CommonsIt's been a long recovery for Williams, who had ankle surgery at the end of May. He was expected to be on crutches for four to six weeks before starting a rehabilitation. Williams was out of his walking boot at the end of July and was set to begin basketball activities in August, with a full recovery expected by September.An update on Williams, accord...
- Hamady N'Diaye Signs Camp Deal With Nets September 17, 2014Hamady N'Diaye has agreed to a camp contract with the Brooklyn Nets. N'Diaye will compete for the third center spot on the Nets' roster this season. N'Diaye played collegiately at Rutgers.
- A New Spring in a Guard’s Step September 16, 2014Operations offer a dose of optimism for Nets point guard Deron Williams and his team after the disappointment of last season.
- Stephon Marbury the Musical: A Tale of Making It in Beijing August 28, 2014The mutual love affair between the former N.B.A. player and his adopted home of Beijing will reach a new milestone this fall when “I Am Stephon Marbury,” a musical about his life in China, opens in the capital.
- LeBron James and Cavs Open vs. Knicks August 14, 2014The N.B.A. on Wednesday released its schedule, which begins on Oct. 28 with the San Antonio Spurs hosting the Dallas Mavericks in one of three games.
- Fast-Break Acclimation for New Net From Bosnia July 29, 2014Bojan Bogdanovic, a 25-year-old forward from Bosnia and Herzegovina, has been on a whirlwind introductory tour since signing a three-year contract with the Nets last week.
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.