New Jersey Nets Links of Interest
New Jersey Nets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Jersey Nets
Quick searches for New Jersey Nets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New Jersey Nets News
- Deron Williams dresses up as Khal Drogo from Game Of Thrones October 31, 2014Well, it is Halloween today. So of course, some of the players went ahead and played dress-up. Deron Williams from the Brooklyn Nets decided to be Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones: My king for life! #Halloween #WeLoveToParty #TeamWilliams #KhalDrogo #Khaleesi #GameOfThrones #MyManIsSoHot #HauntedHalloweenBash @dwill8 A photo posted by Amy Williams (@mewithana) on Oct 10, 2014 at 7:49am PDT ‘ Pretty awesome costume, Deron. And, yes, that is his wife as Khaleesi. They seem to be pretty big fans of the show. *** Deron Williams picture courtesy of Getty Images. Instagram pic courtesy of Amy Williams. H/T from The Brooklyn Game.
- Nets Injury Update: Brook Lopez will have no minute restrictions when he returns October 31, 2014The Brooklyn Nets fell to the Boston Celtics in the 2014-2015 season opener on Wednesday by the score of 121-105. Mirza Teletovic lead the Nets with 20 points on 8-of-11 shooting from the floor. Joe Johnson and Deron Williams each added 19 points in a losing effort. The Nets were without center Brook Lopez, who is recovering from a foot injury. The good news is that Lopez will have no restrictions on his minutes when he returns. Keith Allison via Wikimedia CommonsI reported on October 25 that Lopez, who injured his foot on October 17 in a game against the Sacramento Kings, was expected to miss 10 to 14 days. Devin Kharpertain reported at thebrooklyngame.com that Lopez shouldn't have a minute restriction when he returns to the lineup, according to coach Lionel Hollins.“He was playing legitimate minutes in preseason, and he got hurt in the first quarter of one of the games in China, which had nothing to do with minutes played or anything like that. So when he comes back, we’ll continue to p
- Boston Celtics Open NBA Season with 121-105 Destruction of Brooklyn Nets -- Garden Report Post Game Show October 30, 2014BOSTON -- The Celtics season got off to a fine start, so Julian Edlow and Jared Weiss of CLNS Radio broke down the action. In part one, they analyze Rondo's season debut and discuss the emotions surround KG and the return of Gino Time. In part two, they tackle Marcus…
- Kevin Garnett’s Bonds With Rajon Rondo, Boston Still Strong As Ever October 30, 2014BOSTON — To each his own. While Rajon Rondo napped, Kevin Garnett did some downward dog. With another emotional return to TD Garden looming, Garnett hit the yoga studio Wednesday morning. Whereas Rondo was looking to sleep off any lingering pain in his broken left hand, Garnett was simply trying to shake the nerves that come with his return to the city he called home for six seasons. “It’s always special to come back to Beantown,” Garnett said after his old team, the Boston Celtics, dressed down his new team, the Brooklyn Nets, 121-105 in both teams’ season opener. “Hearing the little things, it’s very hard to focus. I had to go to yoga this morning — ooh-sa — get my meditation right, stay level. “A lot of energy in the building. It’s always great to come back here. I love Beantown. I’m always bleeding green. Y’all know what it is.” Yet while Garnett might bleed green, he no longer wears green. Always a Celtic at heart, Garnett hasn’t been a Celtic in body since the 2013 trade t
- Brook Lopez Will Miss Season Opener Due To Injuries October 29, 2014Brook Lopez of the Brooklyn Nets During tonight’s season opener Brook Lopez will not be playing with the Brooklyn Nets against the Boston Celtics due to a right midfoot pain, according to ESPN. “He’s still having some pain when he goes hard,” Coach Lionel Hollins said at the team’s shootaround. Following the injury he suffered to his right foot in China, on October 16th it was announced that Brook Lopez is expected to be out for 10 to 10 days. It’s a possibility that the center could recover in time to play in Saturday’s game against the Detroit Pistons or on Monday when the Brooklyn Nets play the Oklahoma City Thunders. General manager, Billy King, said he’s not concerned about the NBA All-Star because his injury was just a sprain not a fracture. While Brooke Lopez is out Mason Plumlee will be taking his place. The post Brook Lopez Will Miss Season Opener Due To Injuries appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- Brook Lopez Stays on Sideline as the Nets Say Little November 1, 2014The Nets’ Brook Lopez has not played full-contact basketball since he sprained his right foot in China on Oct. 15.
- Nets Are Dismantled by the Celtics, Another Work in Progress October 30, 2014Following the lead of point guard Rajon Rondo, Boston dominated the Nets in their season opener, a night full of mishaps and misadventures.
- Legacy Shaped in Northwest Takes Hold in Brooklyn October 29, 2014Lionel Hollins, the Nets’ new coach, played under Jack Ramsay with the N.B.A. champion Trail Blazers in 1977 and talked basketball with him up until Ramsay’s death in April at age 89.
- As Buzz Fades, Focus Will Be on Nets’ Play. Fine by Them. October 28, 2014The Nets, who made their much-trumpeted move to Brooklyn two seasons ago, are not being given much of a chance by prognosticators but have maintained a collection of talent.
- In Shorter-Game Experiment, Nets See Disparities as Minute October 20, 2014The N.B.A. used the Nets-Celtics preseason game Sunday to conduct a one-time experiment with a shorter format, including 11-minute quarters.