New Jersey Nets Links of Interest
New Jersey Nets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Jersey Nets
Quick searches for New Jersey Nets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New Jersey Nets News
- Nets Exercise Options On Mason Plumlee, Sergey Karasev October 24, 2014The Brooklyn Nets have exercised the third-year contract options on forward/center Mason Plumlee and guard/forward Sergey Karasev. Both players will remain under contract through at least the 2015-16 season. Selected out of Duke in the first round of the 2013 NBA Draft (22nd overall), Plumlee was named to the NBA All-Rookie First Team following his first season with Brooklyn. In 74 games (22 starts) last season, Plumlee averaged 7.4 points, 4.4 rebounds and 0.79 blocks in 18.2 minutes per game for the Nets. He led all rookies in PER, Win Shares, Win Shares/48 Minutes, True Shooting Percentage, Field Goal Percentage and Dunk Rate and was second among qualifying rookies in blocks per game. Karasev, who was acquired from the Cleveland Cavaliers in a three-team trade on July 10, 2014, was selected by Cleveland in the first round (19th overall) of the 2013 NBA Draft. The native of Russia averaged 1.7 points and 0.7 rebounds in 7.1 minutes per game in 22 appearances with the Cavaliers l...
- Brooklyn Nets: 99 problems and……. October 24, 2014If you’re a Brooklyn Nets fans I feel bad for ya son, cuz the Brooklyn Nets can 99 problems and the ownership is one. Not that there’s anything specifically wrong with Jay-Z’s leadership role in the franchise, it’s just that the team is already being blown apart. The people at the top might be giving up, and all that exorbitant amount of money that was spent went for nothing. Brooklyn set the payroll record last year and “achieved” a lop-sided loss to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference semi-finals as their return on investment. With Paul Pierce gone, the team takes a step back in 2014-15. As the season is about to commence, ESPN had their lead team of commentators, Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy, on conference call to preview the upcoming season with the media. They were asked to assess the management of the Brooklyn Nets and their prospects going forward. (transcript: ESPN PR) Van Gundy: “they have had some things where they haven’t been stable. I give them credit for eve...
- Report: 76ers In Talks With Brooklyn Nets To Acquire Marquis Teague October 24, 2014According to Adrian Wojnarowski, the Philadelphia 76ers are discussing trading for Marquis Teague from the Brooklyn Nets. It’s not known what the Sixers are expected to give for the third year guard, but it’s not expected to be significant. Teague, the 29th pick in the 2012 NBA draft, would be on his third team if a deal is reached. The post Report: 76ers In Talks With Brooklyn Nets To Acquire Marquis Teague appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- Sixers in talks to acquire Marquis Teague October 23, 2014The Philadelphia 76ers are in talks with the Brooklyn Nets to acquire guard Marquis Teague, league sources told Yahoo Sports. The Nets wouldn't receive anything of significance in return for Teague, sources said. Teague, the 29th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft, has been unable to gain traction in stops with the Chicago Bulls and Nets. He left Kentucky after his freshman season and still is only 21 years old. During this rebuilding period, the 76ers have been using their roster to run through young players who could turn into keepers.
- Boston Celtics Defeat Brooklyn Nets 100-86 October 23, 2014Celtics vs Nets Wednesday night the Boston Celtics defeated the Brooklyn Nets by 14 points (100-86) in their preseason finale. Jared Sullinger scored 15 points and 17 rebounds for the Boston Celtics. Marcus Smart led the team with 16 points. Gerald Wallace added 12 to his team and Jeff Green scored 6 in the nine minutes that he played. For the Brooklyn Nets Mason Plumlee finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds. Mirza Teletovic also scored 15 points and seven rebounds. It wasn’t a good game for Sergey Karasey who only scored 6 points in the 43 minutes that he played. On Wednesday the Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets will play in the regular season game opener. Will Rajon Rondo be ready to play with his team? According to Coach Brad Stevens, they won’t know for sure if the guard will be playing until Friday following practice. The post Boston Celtics Defeat Brooklyn Nets 100-86 appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- In Shorter-Game Experiment, Nets See Disparities as Minute October 20, 2014The N.B.A. used the Nets-Celtics preseason game Sunday to conduct a one-time experiment with a shorter format, including 11-minute quarters.
- China Responds to N.B.A. Diplomacy October 19, 2014China’s insatiable appetite for American basketball was on display as the Nets and the Sacramento Kings played exhibition games in Shanghai and Beijing.
- Nets and Brook Lopez Savor the News on His Foot Injury October 18, 2014Given Lopez’s medical history, he felt lucky when he learned that a midfoot sprain could sideline him for 14 days.
- China Responds Well to Hardwood Ambassadors October 17, 2014China’s insatiable appetite for American basketball was on display as the Nets and the Sacramento Kings played exhibition games in Shanghai and Beijing.
- Nets Outlast Kings in Beijing October 16, 2014Mirza Teletovic scored 22 points to lead the Nets to a 129-117 overtime victory over the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday in an exhibition game in Beijing.