New Jersey Nets Links of Interest
New Jersey Nets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Jersey Nets
Quick searches for New Jersey Nets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New Jersey Nets News
- Kevin Garnett on Andrea Bargnani's trash talk: 'I don't understand Italian' December 6, 2013Tweet Brooklyn Nets forward Kevin Garnett mixed it up with New York Knicks big man Andrea Bargnani in what was a battle of which NY team is worst Thursday night, with both players receiving technicals and Bargnani getting ejected for a second tech he received a short time later. Here’s video of the incident: Afterwards, Garnett was asked what Bargnani said that got him tossed, to which Garnett offered a classic response: That’s about what you’d expect from Garnett, who has a long reputation as one of the league’s biggest fake tough guys and has a history of doing things to get in his opponent’s heads. Maybe he should have tried it a little earlier in the game, and not after the Nets were down by 30. -ALR
- WATCH: Charles Barkley takes a NYC subway ride for the first time December 6, 2013Charles Barkley has been all over the world playing and covering basketball and once even arrived at a game via horseback. But, until Thursday, the 50-year-old Alabaman had never ventured into the New York City subway system.Barkley decided to take the underground train from Manhattan to Brooklyn on his way to lend his colorful commentary to the nationally televised game between the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets Thursday night. Accompanied by Sports Illustrated's Richard Deitsch and an NYPD cop, Barkley's entire commute was chronicled by the SI scribe in a must-read piece for those who love the Round Mound of Rebound.Upon entering the Spring Street station, Barkley jokes, "If you never see me again tell my family I love them."Nothing to worry about Charles, this is Bloomberg's New York.Later, when asked by a fellow straphanger, "Who's gonna win, Brooklyn or the Knicks?" Barkley broke up his captive audience with, "It don't matter."Suffice it to say, t
- Kevin Garnett On Andrea Bargnani’s Trash Talk: ‘I Don’t Understand Italian’ December 6, 2013Kevin Garnett says he doesn’t understand Italian so he does not know what Andrea Bargnani said to him that cost the Knicks center an ejection talking trash in the fourth quarter of New York’s 113-83 win over Brooklyn on Thursday. According to Mike Mazzeo of ESPN NY: “I don’t understand Italian,” Garnett said after the game. Asked if Bargnani said something “nice” to him, Garnett responded, “Next question.” Bargnani didn’t want to get into specifics after the game but did say, “I wasn’t speaking Italian but that’s not important. The game is important. I’m happy we won.” The post Kevin Garnett On Andrea Bargnani’s Trash Talk: ‘I Don’t Understand Italian’ appeared first on Beyond The Buzzer.
- WATCH: Amar'e Stoudemire rejects Joe Johnson on dunk attempt December 6, 2013New York Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire, not exactly known for his defensive play, had a monster block on Brooklyn Nets guard Joe Johnson during Thursday night's game at the Barclays Center.The play by Stoudemire perfectly summed up the game, as the Knicks blew out the Nets 113-83.GIF via GIFDSports. H/T Sports Grid. Visit us at holdoutsports.com and follow us on Twitter @HoldoutSports.
- WATCH: Kevin Garnett and Andrea Bargnani mix it up December 6, 2013Kevin Garnett and Andrea Bargnani got into a tiny little dust up towards the end of Thursday’s Knicks – Nets game. It was nothing really, but it’s always entertaining to see Garnett get involved in something because I’m always impressed […]
- Longing for the Days When the Knicks Electrified a City December 6, 2013The Knicks may be less woeful than their New York rivals, but they have a long way to go to match the 1990s teams that were sometimes exasperating but always exhilarating.
- An Aggressive Bargnani Gets the Best of Garnett December 6, 2013The Knicks’ Andrea Bargnani, not known for his tough play, showed he was not afraid to mix it up with the Nets’ Kevin Garnett, no stranger to on-court confrontations.
- Teammates’ Contributions Reduce Anthony’s Burden December 6, 2013Carmelo Anthony leads the N.B.A. in minutes played, but he was able to take a few breathers during the Knicks’ victory over the Nets as the team played more crisply.
- Nets Make Rivals Look Newly Potent December 6, 2013The Knicks, losers of nine consecutive games, embarrassed the even-worse Nets at Barclays Center and delayed, temporarily, discussions about when they might hit rock bottom.
- Kidd Reticent on Demotion of Assistant December 5, 2013A day after Nets Coach Jason Kidd demoted Lawrence Frank to a much-reduced role filing daily reports, he insisted it had not been a difficult decision to make.