New Jersey Nets Links of Interest
New Jersey Nets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Jersey Nets
Quick searches for New Jersey Nets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New Jersey Nets News
- Nets F Teletovic released from hospital after blood clots January 28, 2015NEW YORK -- The Brooklyn Nets say forward Mirza Teletovic, hospitalized last week in Los Angeles with blood clots in his lungs, is being released and traveling home. Team physician Dr. Michael Farber says Wednesday he expects Teletovic to make a full recovery. Teletovic was diagnosed with pulmonary embolus following a loss to the Clippers last Thursday and started on blood-thinning medications. Farber says in a statement that testing shows Teletovic has reached the expected therapeutic range and shows no symptoms at this time. The forward from Bosnia will miss the rest of the season. Farber says further testing will be performed if necessary.
- Hornets Actively Seeking Trades In Wake Of Injuries January 28, 2015The Charlotte Hornets have hit a road block in the form of injuries. Marvin Williams, and Bismack Biyombo both left Saturday’s 76-71 win with a concussion, and a bruised knee respectively. The most significant setback is point-guard Kemba Walker’s decision to have surgery on his left knee to repair a torn left lateral meniscus, and will be out for at least six weeks. With the sudden wave of injuries, the organization is looking to keep their recent good fortunes going by adding an additional point guard, and perhaps offing shooting guard Lance Stephenson. Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer reported that the Hornets were once again in talks with the Brooklyn Nets, this time regarding a Stephenson-Joe Johnson deal. Guard Gerald Henderson, and forward Marvin Williams were also reported as being part of the deal to make the finances work. Johnson-while still a respectable shooter, has looked off this year as he’s battled tendinitis in his knee for several weeks. Another concern wit...
- How Mason Plumlee Learned the Value of Leg Days and a Good Night's Sleep January 27, 2015The Brooklyn Nets weren't supposed to be Mason Plumlee's team. Not this early, anyway. But injuries to Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez earlier in the season forced the
- Report: Nets evaluating coach Lionel Hollins January 27, 2015The Brooklyn Nets, with a record of 2-10 in their last 12 games, are in the process of evaluating head coach Lionel Hollins, according to Marc Stein and Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN. ESPN reported Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov is monitoring the situation closely. The Nets, with their recent slide, have fallen out of the top 8 in the Eastern conference. The Nets (18-26), currently sit a half game back of the Charlotte Hornets for the eighth seed. The Nets have reportedly been busy in trade talks recently, but to this point nothing has materialized. There were discussions on a three-way trade that would’ve sent center Brook Lopez to Oklahoma City, and Charlotte’s Lance Stephenson to Brooklyn. That trade, however, never took place. Brooklyn has been persistent in their efforts to try and acquire Stephenson, as they’ve also reportedly discussed a swap with Charlotte that would send guard Joe Johnson to the Hornets. Much like the three-team proposal, though, nothing has come of the talks so far. The Nets are
- Lionel Hollins’ job already in question with Nets January 26, 2015Lionel Hollins’ job as head coach of the Brooklyn Nets already seems to be in jeopardy as the team slides in the standings. The Nets have gone 2-10 over their past 12 games, including a stretch of seven straight losses, and they’re now ninth in the East with an 18-26 record. Their last two losses,...Read More
- Storm Shelves Home Games for the Knicks and the Nets January 27, 2015The Knicks’ game against Sacramento was rescheduled for March 3. The Nets’ game against Portland was postponed until April 6.
- Nets’ Mirza Teletovic Is Sidelined for Season by Blood Clots January 24, 2015Teletovic, a forward, is in a Los Angeles hospital with blood clots in his lungs and will miss the rest of the season, the Nets said Friday.
- Blake Griffin and Clippers Thrash Nets, Winning by 39 January 23, 2015Griffin had 24 points, including 22 in the first half, as Los Angeles pummeled the Nets, who were without Kevin Garnett as he rested.
- Wizards’ Big Men Lead Surge Over Nets January 18, 2015Nene and Marcin Gortat made up for less impressive shooting by John Wall, Bradley Beal and Paul Pierce as Washington won at Barclays Center.
- Pistons, Led by Kyle Singler, Defeat 76ers January 18, 2015Singler scored 20 points, and Greg Monroe had a double-double as Detroit routed visiting Philadelphia.