New Jersey Nets Links of Interest
New Jersey Nets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Jersey Nets
Quick searches for New Jersey Nets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New Jersey Nets News
- CelticsLife Atlantic Division Preview: The Brooklyn Nets October 22, 20142013/14 record: 44-38Over the course of the week, members of the CelticsLife staff will take a look at what to expect from the Atlantic Division this coming season. Today, let's dive into the Brooklyn Nets Expected Starting Lineup & SummaryKevin GarnettBrook LopezAlan AndersonJoe JohnsonDeron WilliamsTruth be told, I own two pieces of Nets merchandise. And before you ask, I purchased both before the Paul Pierce trade. I was really excited about the Nets move to Brooklyn. Brooklyn's a pretty cool area. Their jerseys were cool. Their arena was cool (even if it kind of looks like a gigantic UFO from outside). And they were partially owned by Jay-Z, who fancies himself as a pretty cool dude. Here's the thing, though; the Nets aren't cool. They are, in fact, probably the least cool. And that kind of stinks.The Knicks take a lot of flack for their personnel decisions, while the Nets fly under the radar. That might because for some reason the Knicks franchise is treated...
- Your Morning Dump… Where the Celtics are learning to fight October 22, 2014Every morning, we compile the links of the day and dump them here… highlighting the big storyline. Because there’s nothing quite as satisfying as a good morning dump. A day after the Boston Celtics overcame a 17-point deficit to defeat the Brooklyn Nets in a preseason game, Jared Sullinger offered an eyebrow-raising reaction to the rally. “Last year, this team would have laid down and given up. Game’s over,” suggested Sullinger. “Now, we’re just fighting.” [...] “If things were not going our way, we really weren’t playing well,” Sullinger clarified before Tuesday’s practice. “I think that’s the biggest thing. When things went bad, we didn’t respond well. This year, we want to learn how to fight through that.” ESPN Boston: Raising their mental game? These quotes from Sully highlight very well why I think the Philadelphia 76’ers two-year tank job is going to end poorly… or at the very least take a LOT longer to come to fruition than many people think (here is an excellent pi
- Nets coach is too polite to say why Kevin Garnett’s sidelined October 22, 2014Kevin Garnett’s ongoing bout with a stomach virus held him out of Monday’s 99-88 win over the 76ers at Barclays Center, and is going to keep him out of Wednesday’s preseason finale in Boston. Nets coach Lionel Hollins said before Monday’s game that Garnett — who has missed both practices and games since the team returned from China last week — will also miss the game against the Celtics to give him more time to recover. “I don’t want to get into his personal bathroom habits,” Hollins said with a smile, “But he’s been sick … sick enough to the point where he’s not playing.” After the Nets return home, they’ll have a full week to prepare for their regular-season opener back in Boston on Oct. 29, which should give Garnett enough time to get back on the court. Garnett hasn’t played in a game in more than a week since he played in the first of the Nets’ two games in China on Oct. 12. Also missing Monday’s game were Markel Brown, who also sat out the previous two games with
- May You Stay Forever Young: The Final Act of the Stars of the 2000 October 21, 2014Here Today; Gone Tomorrow: Youth and Your Favorite Players For many a millenial and I, the early 2000’s were when we developed our fandom for the NBA. Our days were spent looking at Eastbay catalogs with the latest Question or Dada Sprees sneakers or black Kevin Garnett jerseys in them at lunch, then pretended to be Kobe or Paul Pierce on the court at recess. Once the final bell rang, we’d stay on the blacktop or went home and played NBA Live or Street. “May the best of your todays, be the worst of your tomorrows.” Well, that time has passed. Nowadays, we’re in our early to mid 20’s and becoming full blown adults. Hell, I still try and lead the Wizards to a title on my Gamecube, and even I’ve gotten a job and enrolled in school. I look on my Facebook feed and see kids I debated T-Mac versus Kobe with at the Mill showing their girlfriend’s hand clad with engagement ring, or talking about their new job in Richmond. It ain’t 2002 anymore. Well, mostly not. As an NBA fan who grew into his fando
- Kevin Garnett Will Not Play Wednesday Against Celtics Due To Stomach Virus October 21, 2014Kevin Garnett won’t be facing the Boston Celtics until the regular season. The Brooklyn Nets center will not play in Wednesday’s preseason finale at TD Garden, according to the New York Post, as he continues to battle a stomach virus that also kept him out of Sunday’s game against his former team as well as Monday’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers. Nets coach Lionel Hollins announced the news before the 99-88 win against the 76ers, saying he wanted to give Garnett more time to recover. Garnett hasn’t practiced or played in a game since the team returned from playing in China last week. “I don’t want to get into his personal bathroom habits.” Hollins said with a smile via the New York Post. “But he’s been sick … sick enough to the point where he’s not playing.” The Nets hope Garnett will be back at 100 percent by the time their regular-season opener against the Celtics rolls around on Oct. 29. Photo via Danny La/USA TODAY Sports ImagesFiled under: Boston Celtics, Brooklyn Nets, N
- In Shorter-Game Experiment, Nets See Disparities as Minute October 20, 2014The N.B.A. used the Nets-Celtics preseason game Sunday to conduct a one-time experiment with a shorter format, including 11-minute quarters.
- China Responds to N.B.A. Diplomacy October 19, 2014China’s insatiable appetite for American basketball was on display as the Nets and the Sacramento Kings played exhibition games in Shanghai and Beijing.
- Nets and Brook Lopez Savor the News on His Foot Injury October 18, 2014Given Lopez’s medical history, he felt lucky when he learned that a midfoot sprain could sideline him for 14 days.
- China Responds Well to Hardwood Ambassadors October 17, 2014China’s insatiable appetite for American basketball was on display as the Nets and the Sacramento Kings played exhibition games in Shanghai and Beijing.
- Nets Outlast Kings in Beijing October 16, 2014Mirza Teletovic scored 22 points to lead the Nets to a 129-117 overtime victory over the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday in an exhibition game in Beijing.