New Jersey Nets Links of Interest
New Jersey Nets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Jersey Nets
Quick searches for New Jersey Nets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New Jersey Nets News
- Paul Pierce leaves the door open for possible Celtics return March 8, 2014Paul Pierce will be a free agent this coming summer, which leaves the door open for a possible return to Boston. I don't think any fan of the Celtics would frown upon a Paul Pierce return. I think a lot goes into a potential return for the fan favorite. Pierce without a doubt has a couple more years of quality play. But where does he see himself as a player. His role with the Nets right now is somewhat complicated. At the beginning of the year I would say Pierce would have been the 4th option, or maybe the 3rd option depending how Williams plays. With a season ending injury to Brook Lopez, and with Deron Williams inconsistent because of injuries. Paul has been thrown into the role as the second option, and I don't think that's his role anymore. The question for Pierce is if he wants to mentor a rebuilding team, or does he want to play for a contender. The other question with a possible Pierce return is how will Pierce handle the new captain and leader of the Celtics. A r...
- Paul Pierce open to return to Celtics March 8, 2014BOSTON — Paul Pierce was back at TD Garden on Friday, playing his second game here as a member of the Brooklyn Nets. This return wasn’t quite as emotional as the one back in January, when a video tribute and roaring ovation came close to bringing a tear to his eye. Still, it was emotional. And as he has several times since last summer’s blockbuster trade, Pierce wouldn’t rule out coming back to the Boston Celtics organization some day. “Yeah, why not?” Pierce said after his old team beat his current team 91-84. “Maybe play for them, maybe work for them. Who knows what the future holds?” There was a flashback moment during the game when Rajon Rondo went to help up his former teammate, who had fallen to the floor. Rondo usually treats fallen opponents with the same contempt pedestrians treat dog droppings, but Pierce — as well as Kevin Garnett, who missed Friday’s game with back spasms — has a unique relationship with the Celtics point guard. Even as Pierce praised Rondo, however, Pie...
- Reunions for Jason Collins and Chris Johnson Too as the Brooklyn Nets visit Boston Celtics March 8, 2014BOSTON - Part Deux of the Paul Pierce return to Boston is in full swing, but both locker rooms host players having their own reunion as well. Brooklyn Nets center Jason Collins makes his return to face the Boston Celtics for the first time since leaving the club in a midseason trade in 2013. That's the main thing that happened between then, right? There's also the whole being the first professional athlete in a major American team sport to come out of the closet, but that story is starting to dwindle down now. "It's less now," Collins said Friday. "There's only like three or four of you guys this morning. It started out huge. I think there's only so many ways you can write the story about the off-the-court stuff." Which is funny, considering former Net and current Celtic Chris Johnson had a large media contingent sticking microphones and iPhones in his face before the game. Johnson, who had a brief stint with the Nets in the preseason before getting called up from the R
- Paul Pierce has Rondo's back about birthdaygate March 7, 2014Paul Pierce has come to the defense of his former teammate Rajon Rondo, and he should have his back. Pierce probably has some hard feelings for Ainge after being traded, so I'm not shocked by his comments. CBSPierce also threw in his two cents on the controversy surrounding his former teammate Rajon Rondo skipping out on the Celtics’ trip to Sacramento two weeks ago. Boston’s star point guard remained in Los Angeles to celebrate his birthday with his family, despite being asked by Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge to remain with the team on the trip.“I thought it was great he enjoyed his birthday. He said he wasn’t playing anyway. I enjoy my birthday every year. Mine is in the preseason,” Pierce said with a laugh.Boston’s former captain continued: “I don’t see what the big deal is about it. I think everyone is making a big issue of it … so Happy Birthday, Rondo!”
- Charge's Gutierrez called up by Nets March 6, 2014CANTON -- The Canton Charge aren't just having success in the D-League. They're having success doing their job, apparently, by developing talent for the NBA clubs that need it. On Thursday, guard Jorge Gutierrez signed a 10-day contact with the Brooklyn Nets to become the Charge's second call-up of the season. "Great day for the Canton Charge and the Cavs family as Jorge Gutierrez signs 10-day deal with Brooklyn Nets," Cavaliers acting GM David Griffin wrote on his Twitter account. "Big time winner!" Gutierrez is a 6-foot-3 guard and has played 35 games (all starts) with the Charge, averaging 13.9 points, 6.9 assists and 5.7 rebounds. He was also in training camp with the Nets, who waived Gutierrez just before the start of the regular season. After four years at the University of California, Gutierrez was selected by the Charge in the second round of the 2012 D-League draft. He was named to the D-League's All-Rookie first team and All-Defense team in his first season. Gutie
- Missing 26 3-Point Shots, Nets Fail to Add to Streak March 8, 2014In Paul Pierce’s second return to TD Garden, the Nets shot 4 of 30 from 3-point range as Boston, despite 28 turnovers, ended their winning streak at four.
- Garnett Won’t Face Celtics March 7, 2014Kevin Garnett will sit out a fourth straight game because of back spasms when the Nets visit Boston on Friday, the team’s last trip this season to his old home.
- For Nets, New Scoring Threat Proves a Bargain March 7, 2014Acquired in a trade for Reggie Evans and Jason Terry, Marcus Thornton has proved to be powerful off the bench.
- Nets Burst to an Early Lead, Then Cruise Past .500 March 6, 2014The Nets can finally call themselves a winning team after a victory over Memphis pushed their record to 30-29. They also signed Jason Collins to a second 10-day contract.
- Nets See .500 as Just a Stop on Playoff Drive March 5, 2014The team has plenty to be happy about, having gone 19-8 since hitting a low point of 11 games under .500 on New Year’s Eve.