New Jersey Nets Links of Interest
New Jersey Nets Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the New Jersey Nets
Quick searches for New Jersey Nets on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
New Jersey Nets News
- Brooklyn Nets: Will Joe Johnson See Less Playing Time? August 27, 2014The forgotten man of the Brooklyn Nets offseason has been Joe Johnson. The 33-year-old enters the fifth year of a six-year, $123 million contract he signed with the Atlanta Hawks in the summer of 2010 and is faced with competition for playing time this season. Now Johnson hasn’t averaged less than 25 minutes per game […] Brooklyn Nets: Will Joe Johnson See Less Playing Time? - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- The Greatest Kobe Bryant Quote of All Time August 27, 2014“I would go 0 for 30 before I went 0 for 9.” — Kobe Bryant SI recently released their piece on Kobe last week and today, SI’s Chris Ballard shared some extra that missed the cut. Here it is in context: Gotham Chopra, the director of “Kobe Bryant’s Muse”, an upcoming documentary on Bryant, told a story about being with Kobe and watching the Nets and the Heat play. Recounts Chopra, “Deron Williams went like 0-for-9. I was like, ‘Can you believe Deron Williams went 0-9?’ Kobe was like, ‘I would go 0-30 before I would go 0-9. 0-9 means you beat yourself, you psyched yourself out of the game, because Deron Williams can get more shots in the game. The only reason is because you’ve just now lost confidence in yourself.’ This is Kobe Bryant in a nutshell. It’s this type of moxie that makes Kobe Bryant who he is. Surely pundits will say: “Wow…talk about cocky,” but you need this kind of approach and ego to be the best. Kobe is unfazeable. It’s like the time Matt Barnes faked that h
- Brooklyn Nets: Worst Draft Picks In Last 10 Years August 26, 2014The Brooklyn Nets, formerly of New Jersey, have been a part of the NBA for 37 years and have had a multitude of bad draft picks. The team has enjoyed success over the years with the picks of Hall of Famer Bernard King and P.J. Brown but there have been plenty of questionable decisions. There […] Brooklyn Nets: Worst Draft Picks In Last 10 Years - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Targeting Blatche and Maxiell August 25, 2014After several reports of the Miami Heat being interested in highly-coveted big man Emeka Okafor as well as the lengthy Ekpe Udoh, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald has reported that Miami is now trying to add former Brooklyn Nets Center Andray Blatche or Jason Maxiell of the Detroit Pistons. Among power rotation players, the Heat has shown interest in Emeka Okafor and has considered Ekpe Udoh. Preliminary inquiries were made on Andray Blatche and Jason Maxiell. Agent David Falk said he talked to the Heat about Elton Brand but that Brand is unlikely to end up here. It has become evident now that the Heat are looking to add one more legitimate big man to solidify the front court, so that Chris Bosh can slide back into his natural power forward position. Much like that of Chris “Birdman” Andersen, Blatche is a nitty gritty blue-collar player that won’t be afraid to bang with big bodies inside the paint. Blatche averaged 11.2 points and 5.3 rebounds for the Nets last season and would be...
- Brooklyn Nets: Mason Plumlee’s Stellar Summer August 25, 2014Mason Plumlee‘s stock is on the rise and rightfully so. The Duke product followed up an impressive rookie season with the Brooklyn Nets with an even more impressive summer. Plumlee dominated NBA Summer League play, averaging 18 points, five rebounds, two steals and one block per game. His time in Orlando began with a 23-point, […] Brooklyn Nets: Mason Plumlee’s Stellar Summer - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Stephon Marbury the Musical: A Tale of Making It in Beijing August 28, 2014The mutual love affair between the former N.B.A. player and his adopted home of Beijing will reach a new milestone this fall when “I Am Stephon Marbury,” a musical about his life in China, opens in the capital.
- LeBron James and Cavs Open vs. Knicks August 14, 2014The N.B.A. on Wednesday released its schedule, which begins on Oct. 28 with the San Antonio Spurs hosting the Dallas Mavericks in one of three games.
- Fast-Break Acclimation for New Net From Bosnia July 29, 2014Bojan Bogdanovic, a 25-year-old forward from Bosnia and Herzegovina, has been on a whirlwind introductory tour since signing a three-year contract with the Nets last week.
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- With Eye on LeBron James, Cavaliers Trade Guard to Nets July 10, 2014The Nets reached a deal on Wednesday to acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev from Cleveland in a three-team trade that included sending Marcus Thornton to Boston.