Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- 5 Truths and a Lie About Evan Turner July 23, 2014
- Five Truths and a Lie About Evan Turner July 23, 2014So basically six things you need to know about new Celtic Evan Turner.
- Video: Uh Oh, Celtics Fans, Bulls Making Big Play for Kevin Love July 23, 2014Chris Sheridan breaks down his exclusive report that the Bulls offered three players to the Timberwolves for Kevin Love, whom the Celtics have been aggressively targeting.
- LeBron James Apologizes to His Neighbors With Cupcakes July 23, 2014Worried about the inconvenience he may have caused after announcing his return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James sent his neighbors cupcakes and an apology.
- Isaiah Austin Says NBA Has a Job Waiting For Him July 23, 2014The former NBA prospect, who was forced to end his basketball career after being diagnosed with a rare disease, says the league has a job waiting for him after he graduates from Baylor.
- Celtics Ready To Move On From Kevin Love Trade Talks July 24, 2014The Boston Celtics are ready to all but move on from their pursuit of Kevin Love with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls engaged in talks. Danny Ainge has targeted a trade for Love over the past few months. "The more teams step up and show interest in Love, the further Boston falls in the pack," a source said on Wednesday. "Danny's a smart guy. He knows when to keep pushing for something and when to move on." The Celtics have a huge stockpile of draft assets, but teams seem to be preferring somewhat proven young talent.
- Can Evan Turner turn things around with Boston? July 24, 2014The Boston Celtics are in the middle of a major rebuilding process, and they decided to take a chance on signing former No. 2 overall pick Evan Turner. Turner had a very productive first half of last season with the Philadelphia 76ers, but then completely disappointed in the second half of the year with the Indiana Pacers. Celtics coach Brad Stevens has had success in the past helping troubled players figure things out, and perhaps that could be the case with Turner as well. Can Turner turn things around and get his career back on track with the Celtics? It certainly wouldn’t be too surprising to see him get back to the same type of basketball that he was playing with the 76ers last season. He was putting up 17.4 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game, but that could simply be because he was the number one option on a bad team. After he was traded to the Pacers, he averaged just 7.1 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game. There are quite a few reasons for his drop in production after his trade
- Report: Celtics Prepared To Jump Out Love Sweepstakes July 24, 2014The Kevin Love sweepstakes are heating up, which isn’t good for Danny Ainge and his Celtics. Boston at one point seemed to be in decent position to land the 3-time all-star, but with Cleveland and Chicago upping their offers, it has left Boston in the dust. “The more teams step up and show interest in […]
- Celtics Rumors: Boston ready to move on from Kevin Love July 24, 2014The Boston Celtics have kept an eye on Kevin Love this entire off season, hoping to wait back and then make their move to acquire him at the right time. A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE reports that despite strong interest, the Celtics are ready to move on from the Love sweepstakes. Boston knows that the Timberwolves are looking for proven talent rather than assets at this point, which is something the Celtics do not have. By Keith Allison from Owings Mills, USA via Wikimedia Commons The Cleveland Cavaliers appear to be the front runner for Love at this point, with the Chicago Bulls trailing them at a close second. The Cavaliers can offer a package of Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Tristan Thompson, and maybe more. The Bulls package could include Doug McDermott, Nikola Mirotic, and Taj Gibson. The Timberwolves want the biggest and best trade available, so they will likely take their time in the process. Danny Ainge and the Celtics do not have much proven talent on the current roster. R...
- Source: Celtics Season Ticket Sales Spike After Turner Signing July 24, 2014A source close to TD Garden told our executives at CLNS Radio that the Boston Celtics season ticket sales have jumped by nearly 20 percent since the team signed Evan Turner on Monday.
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- With Eye on LeBron James, Cavaliers Trade Guard to Nets July 10, 2014The Nets reached a deal on Wednesday to acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev from Cleveland in a three-team trade that included sending Marcus Thornton to Boston.
- If Nets and Heat Are Not Yet Rivals, Their Players Are May 6, 2014The uniforms have changed, but the Nets’ Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett have a notable history against the Miami Heat’s LeBron James in the postseason.
- Now Comes Chapter 5 in Players’ Rivalry May 6, 2014LeBron James has tangled with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in the postseason on four previous occasions, all of the battles occurring when Garnett and Pierce played for the Boston Celtics.
- Wizards Clinch First Playoff Berth in Six Years April 3, 2014The Washington Wizards reached the playoffs for the first time since 2008, clinching an Eastern Conference berth Wednesday night with a 118-92 win over the visiting Boston Celtics.