Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Could Ray Allen Rejoin Doc Rivers in LaLa Land? August 30, 2014The NBA's all-time leading 3-point shooter might wind up reuniting with his former Celtics coach for a potential title run with the Clippers.
- Jeff Green Donates $1 Million to Georgetown Athletics August 29, 2014Celtics forward Jeff Green celebrated his 28th birthday on Thursday in a unique way: with a $1 million gift to his alma mater.
- Celtics Green Donates $1 Million to Alma Mater August 29, 2014
- Why is Kobe Bryant Studying Paul Pierce's Game at Age 36? August 27, 2014Kobe Bryant is trying to adapt his game at age 36 and he's looking to an unlikely source for some help: long-time rival Paul Pierce.
- Doc Rivers Signs Contract Extension With Clippers August 27, 2014Doc Rivers wont have to deal with Donald Sterling for the next five years, but hell definitely still be with the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Boston Celtics: 5 Teams That Should Trade For Jeff Green August 30, 2014It’s hard not to look at snapshots of Jeff Green‘s career and not come away impressed. The talent and physical tools are there: he’s 6’9″, long armed, and smoothly athletic. Early in his career, the optimism seemed justified–alongside precocious youngsters Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, Green dropped 20 or more points in 24 games in his […] Boston Celtics: 5 Teams That Should Trade For Jeff Green - Hoops Habit - Hoops Habit - Analysis, Opinion and Stats All About The NBA
- Rondo: “I bust Brad’s butt all the time” August 30, 2014Young fans who were selected from all across China finally got to take the court with Rajon Rondo on Thursday. Rondo took part in Anta’s “Control Camp”. The Celts’ point guard participated in drills, instruction and even some pick-up games. You can check out photos from the event, courtesy of Sina, in the gallery below. But first, check out “9 for 9“, from Li Shuangfu. Li solicited nine questions from Rondo’s fans, and had Rondo answer them during a break in camp. Rondo says he “busts” Brad Stevens’ butt in one-on-one “all the time” and that “the only people that matter are the people that are close to me and the people that know me” when it comes to media claims that he’s difficult to deal with. Unfortunately, it’s once again tough to hear the questions, but I transcribed them for you here:(in order) 1)As the best PG in the league, which qualities do you feel are most important for a PG? 2)What was the most enjoyable part of your trip to China & which story do you look fo
- Your Morning Dump… Where Jeff Green is throwing money around August 29, 2014Every morning, we compile the links of the day and dump them here… highlighting the big storyline. Because there’s nothing quite as satisfying as a good morning dump. While celebrating his 28th birthday on Thursday, Boston Celtics forward Jeff Green announced he’ll make a $1 million donation to the Georgetown athletic department for the John R. Thompson Jr. Intercollegiate Athletics Center. “I’m very fortunate to be in a position to give back to the University and to the program that has done so much for me,” Green said in a release from the school. “The environment created by Coach [John] Thompson III and his staff helped shape me both academically and athletically. Georgetown and Georgetown basketball is at my core and is part of who I am.” ESPN Boston: Green donates $1 million to Hoyas That’s an amazing donation to his alma mater. This is a young man who will have made $40 million by the end of this season, and has $9 million more coming to him if he decides to play out his con...
- Ernest Brown Almost Played for the Celtics? August 29, 2014I distinctly remember coming off one of my better (and only) good basketball games as a high school freshman. I was feeling good about myself after getting the rare start and our team getting the win. And then it happened: we came to the gym getting ready for practice the next week and Ernest Brown rolls in. He was an 8th grader at the time, but probably about 6'8 or 6'9. He wasn't going to be practicing with us, but was just checking out the school. One of my teammates said "that guy's coming here next year." My 5'4 scrawny self at the time was jilted back to reality. 'How will I still get minutes was my first thought?'Fast forward 11 years and Ernest is on the verge of making the Boston Celtics. Don't remember him? He actually played in a pre-season game for Boston in October of 2004. And then, it all came to an end:To Brown's credit he did appear in 3 NBA games with the Heat. And yes at one point Miami Heat fans were clamor...
- Celtics Beat w/ Bob Ryan 8/30/14 | 1972-73 Boston Celtics: The Missing Banner August 29, 20141973 Boston Celtics Special Edition Show: Legendary NBA Scribe Bob Ryan Joins Celtics Beat
- Stephon Marbury the Musical: A Tale of Making It in Beijing August 28, 2014The mutual love affair between the former N.B.A. player and his adopted home of Beijing will reach a new milestone this fall when “I Am Stephon Marbury,” a musical about his life in China, opens in the capital.
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- With Eye on LeBron James, Cavaliers Trade Guard to Nets July 10, 2014The Nets reached a deal on Wednesday to acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev from Cleveland in a three-team trade that included sending Marcus Thornton to Boston.
- If Nets and Heat Are Not Yet Rivals, Their Players Are May 6, 2014The uniforms have changed, but the Nets’ Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett have a notable history against the Miami Heat’s LeBron James in the postseason.
- Now Comes Chapter 5 in Players’ Rivalry May 6, 2014LeBron James has tangled with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in the postseason on four previous occasions, all of the battles occurring when Garnett and Pierce played for the Boston Celtics.