Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Clippers, Celtics deal declared dead; Celtics want Doc Rivers back June 19, 2013
- Welcome to the NBA Finals (Live Updates from Miami) June 19, 2013
- Paul Pierce the forgotten man in Celtics trade talks June 18, 2013
- Danny Ainge says Clippers-Celtics deal is 'dead' June 18, 2013
- Celtics, Clippers deal talks again reach stalemate June 18, 2013
- Doc and Danny to meet tomorrow in Boston June 18, 2013Adrian Wojnarowksi has the latest on the Doc Rivers drama: Doc Rivers will be in Boston on Wednesday and plans to sit down with Danny Ainge, league source says. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) June 18, 2013 Woj stated a few minutes later that Doc and Ainge “aren’t at odds”… As much as Rivers wanted Clippers job, Boston management wanted to use deal to speed up rebuilding process. Ainge and Rivers aren't at odds. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) June 18, 2013 The saga continues…
- Report: Danny Ainge calls Doc Rivers, tells him deal is off and he wants him back with Celtics June 18, 2013From Yahoo! Sports Adrian Wojnarowski. Danny Ainge has called Doc Rivers to tell him that talks are done, sources tell Y! Sports. Ainge told him he still wants him as coach. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) June 18, 2013 Welp, this is awkward. Ainge may want Doc back, but at this point I would rank the possibilities as following: 1. Doc works in TV next year 2. Celtics/Clips revive talks (as CP3 moves closer to free agency, don't be surprised to see these "dead" talks come back to life) 3. Doc just spends a year with his family 4. Doc comes back to Boston As much of a pro that Doc is, he just can't come back, look his young players in the eye and tell them "hey guys, no big deal — love you and I'm your coach" and expect them to listen. Doc is done in Boston, and eventually will land elsewhere, with the C's receiving compensation. P.S. Really, really want to overhear the Clips call to CP3 after all this: 'Hey Chris! Listen, we d...
- Report: Clippers-Celtics deal a no-go June 18, 2013The Los Angeles Clippers have once again walked away from the bargaining table and may be done with talking to the Boston Celtics about acquiring Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers, reports ESPNLosAngeles.com. According to ESPN’s sources,
- Ainge Confirms that Deal with Clippers is Dead June 18, 2013Danny Ainge confirms to the @BostonGlobe that the proposed Clippers-Celtics deal is, in fact, dead. — Baxter Holmes (@BaxterHolmes) June 18, 2013 Baxter Holmes, the Globe Celtics beat writer posted this tweet to indicate that Danny has confirmed the reports from the Left Coast that the negotiations have broken off. Danny doesn't want to budge from his request for 2 first round picks and Sterling feels that 2 picks and Jordan is too much to ask for Doc and KG... Danny was giving them a gift even asking for 2 picks. And that my friends is why the Clippers are now and have always been the Clippers. So now the big question is, will Doc return or will he decide to take a year off to go back to broadcasting. Will Danny change course and try to bring the gang back for one more season or will he continue to go in a rebuilding direction? All interesting questions that hopefully will be answered shortly. This has already dragged on way too long. [Discuss on CG Forums!]
- Doc Rivers advising both Clippers and Celtics in trade talks? June 18, 2013Things have really gone sour for the Celtics and Doc Rivers and as things continue to move along it seems like Doc won't be able to come back. Apparently, he's playing both sides in these negotiations. Latest #Celtics-Clippers: Getting emotional, as it always does…. Celtics think Doc is playing both sides, advising Clips on who to offer. — Mark Heisler (@MarkHeisler) June 18, 2013 This aligns with a report that says Doc was telling the Clippers not to send Eric Bledsoe because he wanted to coach him. Obviously playing both sides isn't the best look here, and probably the reason these talks hit a snag. The Clippers have been basically unwilling to give anything up for both Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett. They are apparently moving on to Byron Scott now. They are offering DeAndre Jordan (overpaid) and one first rounder (late and in a weak draft) for two franchise altering pieces. They won't budge at all. The Celtics have already compromised considerably, agreein...
- Basking in a Fonder Farewell, 19 Years Later May 14, 2013After playing for Seton Hall, Nick Galis inspired a nation by lifting Greece over the Soviet Union in the 1987 European championships, the highlight of his storied career. His former team, Aris, recently honored him.
- By Himself, Hibbert Seems to Outnumber the Knicks May 6, 2013The Knicks had trouble fending off the Pacers’ Roy Hibbert, who dominated inside and limited the shooting of Carmelo Anthony.
- Celtics Contemplate Future, Which May Include Swan Song for Their Core May 5, 2013After Boston’s first-round playoff exit, uncertainty surrounds two of their longtime stars, as well as their coach.
- Graduating to Next Level of Hard Lessons May 5, 2013A tired Knicks team eliminated the Celtics, but they know that the second round will be even tougher against a rugged Pacers front line with younger legs.
- Up Next for Knicks: a Young, Healthy Copy of the Celtics May 5, 2013The Pacers, who will be at the Garden for Game 1 against the Knicks on Sunday, are tough, defensive-minded and sometimes a little snarly, like the Celtics.