Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Celtics sign Chris Babb to second 10-day contract March 11, 2014
- Watch: Green, Humphries combine for 47 as Celtics top Pistons March 10, 2014
- Something perverse about wanting Celtics to tank March 10, 2014
- HIGHLIGHTS: Celtics Bounce Pistons March 10, 2014
- Josh Smith talks about a possible reunion with Celtics’ Rajon Rondo March 10, 2014
- Sheed helping young big men, Celtics in need of some guidance March 11, 2014The importance of your head coach is crucial in any sport. The great ones build cultures, legacies, and they leave lasting impressions with fans and players. The NBA's history is rich with many great coaches, and some of those greats give credit to their coaching staffs. Tom Thibodeau spent nearly 20 years in the NBA as an assistant coach, and his last gig as an assistant was with the Celtics before becoming a great coach in Chicago. His presence left a lasting impression with fans, he looked like he was out there on defense with the team. His ability to get the best out of the guys on defense is unique by an assistant coach. You just don't get that from many assistant coaches. The importance of having a great coaching staff makes life easy for the head coach. Look at Ron Adams forming a relationship with Rondo, and how he's helped Rondo reformat his shooting form. Clifford Ray was the last big man coach in Boston that I recall. He seemed to play a crucial part in Perks...
- The Boston Celtics’ St. Patrick’s Day Uniforms Are Something Else March 11, 2014Gary Washburn of The Boston Globe is reporting that the Boston Celtics will don these St. Patrick’s Day themed uniforms on March 14, 16 and 17. We love the concept of the uniforms, but we can’t say that we love the actual uniforms. You can just see how excited Jerryd Bayless already is! Article found on: Next Impulse Sports
- Celtics to wear St. Patricks Day uni's three times in March March 10, 2014The Boston Celtics held out for a while, but one of the NBA’s original franchises is giving in to the sleeved-jersey craze. The Celtics will add T-shirt sleeves to their annual St. Patrick’s Day-themed uniforms for three games this month. The green-and-gold motif will be unveiled March 14 when the Celtics host the Phoenix Suns at TD Garden. Boston will also rock the uniforms March 16 and 17 in New Orleans and Dallas, respectively. As reported before, the Celtics won’t be the only team getting into the spirit of the season. The Chicago Bulls will wear green, sleeved uniforms March 17 against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Check out Celtics guard Jerryd Bayless modeling the unis in the tweet below. Here's a look at the #celtics St. Patrick's Day uniforms they'll wear on March 14, 16 and 17 http://t.co/TJSacd4CxL— gary washburn (@GwashburnGlobe) March 10, 2014Filed under: Ben Watanabe, Boston Celtics, Top Stories
- Rajon Rondo Rounding Into Form After ACL Injury March 10, 2014BOSTON — When it comes to discussing Rajon Rondo, Kris Humphries has a luxury of freedom not every member of the Boston Celtics has. Unlike some of his teammates, Humphries has been in Boston for less than a year, with the possibility of bolting via free agency this summer. He’s had a couple of public run-ins with Rondo in the past. As a result, he doesn’t need to pretend he and the All-Star point guard are best friends, lest he see fewer of those pinpoint passes head his way. So whereas the company line from Celtics big men has always been that Rondo makes their jobs simple, to just catch and convert the easy shot, Humphries is comfortable giving a more honest assessment. “He’s a tricky guy, because sometimes, as a big, you don’t know when he’s going to throw you the ball,” Humphries said. “He’s breaking down the D and making passes that you may not even see coming, so it’s taken a while to get used to being ready when he breaks down a defense.” Rondo was at his best Sunday, handing o
- Rajon Rondo, Josh Smith talk about playing together again March 10, 2014You would have to go back 9 years to find the last time Josh Smith and Rajon Rondo played on the same team. Back then, they were roommates and starred for high school basketball powerhouse Oak Hill Academy.Rondo would end up going to Kentucky and Smith would jump straight to the NBA and the two haven’t played together since. Fast forward to the present where they routinely hear their names in trade discussions, the question becomes, could the two end up on the same team again? Well according to Smith the possibility has been talked about on numerous occasions. “The conversation comes up,” said Smith, who had 28 points and 11 rebounds against the Celtics. “We always tell each other how surreal a moment that would be to reconnect again in that realm. But with the different free agencies that we both have, it could be far-fetched. But it could be possible, too.” “I thought it could have been a possibility,” Smith said. “But I’m in Detroit. I’m happy I’m here. He’s still here (in Boston),
- Missing 26 3-Point Shots, Nets Fail to Add to Streak March 8, 2014In Paul Pierce’s second return to TD Garden, the Nets shot 4 of 30 from 3-point range as Boston, despite 28 turnovers, ended their winning streak at four.
- Garnett Won’t Face Celtics March 7, 2014Kevin Garnett will sit out a fourth straight game because of back spasms when the Nets visit Boston on Friday, the team’s last trip this season to his old home.
- Celtics-Lakers Rivalry, Once Lustrous, Is Now Lackluster February 23, 2014The Celtics, who have lost 25 of 32, and the Lakers, who have dropped 23 of 29, have plummeted to unusual depths. For only the second time in 65 seasons, it seems, both teams will miss the playoffs.
- Rondo Leads the Celtics February 3, 2014Rajon Rondo had season highs with 19 points and 10 assists, and the Boston Celtics snapped a four-game losing streak with a 96-89 win over the visiting Orlando Magic.
- Knicks Are Tough to Figure Out, and on This Night, Tough to Stop January 29, 2014The Knicks led by as many as 35 points and shot 53.7 percent in their third straight victory after a five-game losing streak.