Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Paul Pierce on Patriots in Super Bowl: 'I'm Pulling For Them Hard' January 29, 2015Paul Pierce may no longer be a Celtic, but he's going to be rooting hard for the New England Patriots on Sunday.
- Kelly Olynyk Picked to Play in NBA Rising Stars Challenge January 29, 2015The NBA announced on Wednesday that the Celtics' 23-year-old center was chosen to take part in All-Star weekend for the second straight year.
- Bass Finally Gets a Chance to Improve Trade Value with Olynyk Sidelined January 25, 2015The Celtics can now really showcase their veteran forward as they close in on February's trading deadline.
- Celtics Extreme Makeover Nearing the Home Stretch January 24, 2015The Celtics are getting very close to ending their rebuild and beginning the process of utilizing their plentiful assets. There's just a few steps left to go.
- Ayers Hungry for First Win Over Pete Carroll January 23, 2015The former UCLA standout never got a victory against the old head coach of his alma mater’s archrival.
- Marcus Smart continues hot streak from deep January 29, 2015Through Dec. 31, Marcus Smart's 3-point shooting was making the draft evaluators that questioned his stroke look pretty smart. The rookie shot just 29.5 percent from deep in his two years at Oklahoma State, and while he was expected to improve, seeing his percentage shoot up so quickly has been a pleasant surprise. Since Dec. 1, Marcus Smart is 35 for 83 from downtown (42.2%). Since Jan. 1, 24 for 54 (44.4%). On road trip, 10 for 19 (52.6%).— Jay King (@ByJayKing) January 29, 2015 Smart has been especially good above the break, making 21 of his 43 tries (48.8 percent) since the new year began. He's made at least one three in all but two of Boston's last 15 games, and he's hit two or more triples in eight of those contests. Smart has been especially good in catch-and-shoot situations, connecting on 57.9 percent in such situations since Jan. 1. This hot shooting might not be sustainable long term, but it's certainly an encouraging sign. Smart's shooting is progressing faster than ex...
- Now, this is a story all about how our five gets flipped, turned upside down January 29, 2015Maybe you're like me and your relationship with Tayshaun Prince has evolved through the following stages. 1. Oh! So he's included in the Green trade? I remember him from the Pistons. 2. I didn't know he played for Memphis. 3. I wasn't sure he was still in the league! 4. Wonder who we'll trade him for in a few days. 5. Oh, cute. He's wearing a Celtics uniform. 6. Whoa! He's in the game! 7. Umm, he's in the next game and did a couple of good things. 8. The team is depending on him now. He might be our most reliable, steady player! This begs a question. After quickly emerging as a solid veteran presence on an unsteady team of young guys, should Prince move into a starting role? Jay King shares an interesting stat on the offensive anemia of our current starting squad. New lineup, same issues? Very limited mins, but starters w/ Bass getting outscored by 17.3 pts/100 poss, essentially w/ league-worst offense— Jay King (@ByJayKing) January 29, 2015Arguments abound as to whether who start...
- Your Morning Dump… Where the Celtics (well, most of ‘em) are trying to win January 29, 2015Every morning, we compile the links of the day and dump them here… highlighting the big story line. Because there’s nothing quite as satisfying as a good morning dump. “Listen, the guys prepare to win and they know they’re not one of the elite teams in the league, and yet our guys believe that they can win any night,” Ainge said before the game. “Our coaches prepare to win every game and our coaches play to win every game, and we’ve lost some tough ones this year that hurt, so it’s good to get some close ones in our favor.” Perhaps the most critical thing the younger Celtics are learning is winning away from TD Garden. They are 7-15 on the road, compared with 9-32 last season. “That’s a process, you just can’t decide you’re going to do it,” Ainge said. “Winning in the NBA is tough, but winning on the road is very tough.” Globe: Ainge says Celtics are playing to win The key with Danny Ainge is listening to every word he says. The guys prepare to win. Our coaches prepare to wi
- Why Starting Brandon Bass over Tyler Zeller Has Worked Out January 28, 2015When Brad Stevens announced that Brandon Bass would be starting over Tyler Zeller before the Blazers game, I was surprised. Sure, the starting five of Turner, Bradley, Crowder, Sullinger and Zeller had struggled, but would replacing Zeller with Bass fix that? Does it make sense to bench a 25-year-old center who has been steadily improving for a 29-year-old power forward who may not be on the team past this season? As it turns out, it made perfect sense. The Celtics have won three of their last four and have a chance to finish their west coast road trip with an improbable 4-2 record if they can beat Minnesota tonight. They sit just two games out of the playoffs and have the easiest remaining schedule of the teams they are competing with for the final spot. Why Brad Stevens Made the Switch First off, the Bass-Zeller lineup switch does not deserve all or even most of the credit for the Celtics recent push, but it is difficult to ignore given that the Celtics have won three of four sin...
- Boston Celtics: The Big Boston Rotation Problem January 28, 2015(Source: Al Bello/Getty Images North America) By Mike Elworth: Owner and Publisher/Hoopstuff.. The Boston Celtics have made 28 trades this season and are re-building. They have one of the best sets of young players in the NBA, a pile of cap space and about 10 1st round picks in the next 3 drafts, so they are the richest team in the NBA when it comes to assets. They can sign any free agent, make any trade, but it seems as though they are going to just trade their veterans, collect assets, lose a lot of games and play their young talent. Well, they are doing well in the 1st 3 aspects, but what is Brad Stevens thinking when it comes to playing his young talent? Like I said, they have one of the best sets of young talent in the NBA; Marcus Smart, Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk, James Young, Avery Bradley, Tyler Zeller, and Jae Crowder. The Celtics have traded their 2 best players and are clearing building, but the biggest aspect of building a team besides collecting assets is develop...
- Nets Lose Third in a Row as the Celtics Pull Away January 8, 2015Avery Bradley scored 21 points as Boston snapped a three-game losing streak with an 89-81 victory over the Nets.
- Pau Gasol Leads Bulls Over the Celtics January 4, 2015Gasol had 29 points and 16 rebounds to help Chicago win despite missing Jimmy Butler and Mike Dunleavy.
- Rajon Rondo Stars in Boston, Wearing Blue This Time January 3, 2015In an unremarkable season, honoring the team’s former stars has become a highlight, and Dallas’s Rajon Rondo was the latest to benefit.
- Jarrett Jack Carries Nets Past Celtics in the Final Seconds December 27, 2014Jack hit a tiebreaking jumper with 28 seconds to play, lifting the Nets to a 109-107 victory over the Boston Celtics.
- Trading to Win Now (Mavericks) and Later (Celtics) December 20, 2014Thursday’s trade between Dallas and Boston could be a good deal for both N.B.A. teams, who are trying different ways to win a title.