Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- The Only Thing You Need to Know About the Celtics' Win Over the 76ers November 20, 2014Brad Stevens played his cards right down the stretch, helping the Celtics defeat the Philadelphia 76ers and snap a three-game losing streak Wednesday night.
- Report: Celtics Have Told Other Teams They Are Not Trading Rajon Rondo November 19, 2014Other teams may want the opportunity to trade for an re-energized Rajon Rondo this season, but they may not get that chance.
- Rajon Rondo is the Worst Free Throw Shooter in the NBA After Nine Games November 18, 2014Rajon Rondo's shooting slump at the free throw line over the first few weeks of the season has placed him amongst the NBA's worst shooters.
- The Only Thing You Need to Know About the Celtics' Loss to the Suns November 18, 2014The Celtics have struggled in several late game situations this season. That trend continued on Monday night in a heartbreaking loss to the Phoenix Suns.
- The Only Thing You Need to Know About the Celtics' Loss to the Cavaliers November 15, 2014Rajon Rondo and the Boston Celtics fell short when it mattered late in the fourth quarter and dropped a squeaker on Friday night against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Dividing Minutes between the Celtics Frontcourt November 21, 2014Brad Stevens is going to have some difficult decisions to make regarding his frontcourt rotations this season. The Celtics have four players (five if you include Jeff Green) who currently deserve significant minutes and Vitor Faverani is on his way back from injury, and rookie Dwight Powell who will most likely spend the majority of the season in the D-league. Jared Sullinger and Kelly Olynyk are the Celtics young building blocks up front, and the two have both played well to start the season. Tyler Zeller is another young big who has impressed in his time as a Celtic thus far. To start the year, Zeller is 25/30 from the floor. Finally, Brandon Bass is the only veteran presence in the Celtics frontcourt. Bass is a proven commodity who has been with the team since 2011. Bass finished last night with a season high 23 points on 9 of 13 shooting, playing a total of 32 minutes to lead all Celtics frontcourt players. Brad Stevens is struggling to divide the 96 total frontcourt minutes am...
- Ranking the NBA's most exciting rookies November 20, 2014Making an impression as an NBA rookie is a tall task. The game gets considerably more complicated when you make the jump from college to the pros, and most first-year players — even if they’re talented — flounder for a while as they try to grasp the intricacies of NBA playbooks and psyches.But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to wow the roundball world in a debut season. Magic Johnson, for instance, was the Finals MVP as he led his Los Angeles Lakers to a title alongside Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as a rookie. And the San Antonio Spurs’ still-active legend Tim Duncan arrived to the NBA as his team’s best player in 1997-98. It was only one season later that he led his team to their first of many championships as they defeated the New York Knicks in the 1999 NBA Finals.We’re not going to hold the new crop of NBA first-timers up to the lofty standards set by Duncan, Magic, and the rest of the game’s greatest players. That would just be unfair. But there is plenty to be excited about in 2014-15’s
- Your Morning Dump..Where We Visit The Bass Pro Shop November 20, 2014Every morning, we compile the links of the day and dump them here… highlighting the big storyline. Because there’s nothing quite as satisfying as a good morning dump. Entering Wednesday’s game in Philadelphia, Bass had seen his playing time essentially halved since his first season in Boston. Despite starting 87 percent of the team’s games over the last two seasons, Bass is now a part-time player, averaging 18.1 minutes per game. Ever the consummate pro, Bass has taken the diminished role in stride. He still brings his hard hat and lunchpail to work. His numbers haven’t been great early in the 2014-15 season — Boston’s offensive and defensive ratings have been far better with him on the bench — but Bass had a hot hand Wednesday night and helped rescue his team from what could have been a head-shaking loss. Visit To Bass Pro Shop-Chris Forsberg I’ve always been a big fan of the guy I refer to on Twitter as “BA$$“. Dollar signs as he is money in the bank. Brandon Bass has been Boston’s
- Celtics radio announcer photobombs TV broadcast November 20, 2014The boss-est of boss moves out of @SeanGrandePBP pic.twitter.com/K9C2x0RwTP — Connor (@CMIslesBlog) November 20, 2014 Boston Celtics radio voice Sean Grande played an awesome prank on his television cohorts last night, photobombing this picture of television announcers Mike Gorman and Brian Scalabrine with a sign that read, “Support artists listen to the game on radio.” Actually, it’s great advice considering the Celtics were in Philly to play the 76ers. Anything to avoid watching the Sixers play basketball this year should be done at all costs. Listening to them play might not be so offensive to the senses. The post Celtics radio announcer photobombs TV broadcast appeared first on Awful Announcing.
- You’re Either Missing the Boat or Are Late to the Party in Your Rajon Rondo Criticism November 20, 2014Rajon Rondo is not the guy for the Boston Celtics moving forward. But not everyone still understands the reasons why.
- Memphis Grizzlies Have Seven Ailing Players November 21, 2014Seven members of the Memphis Grizzlies were dealing with a stomach virus and their status was uncertain for Friday’s game with the Boston Celtics.
- Cavaliers Edge Celtics as James Scores 41 November 15, 2014James scored a season-high 41 points, and the visiting Cleveland Cavaliers overcame a 19-point fourth-quarter deficit to beat the Boston Celtics, 122-121, on Friday night.
- Harden Paces Rockets to Win Over 76ers November 4, 2014James Harden scored 35 points, and Houston defeated Philadelphia to improve to 4-0.
- Nets Are Dismantled by the Celtics, Another Work in Progress October 30, 2014Following the lead of point guard Rajon Rondo, Boston dominated the Nets in their season opener, a night full of mishaps and misadventures.
- With Brad Stevens in Place as Coach, Celtics Aim for Results October 29, 2014Stevens, the former Butler coach, will continue his attempt to return Boston to relevance as it opens its season Wednesday against the Nets.