Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- How Lottery Reform Will Help the Celtics October 22, 2014With an abundance of draft picks in the next few years, the new system can only help the rebuilding Celtics.
- James Young is Ready to Play Catch-Up After Hamstring Injury October 21, 2014Celtics rookie James Young has recovered from a hamstring injury that sidelined him over the last couple weeks. Now, he's looking to make an impact on a crowded roster.
- Celtics Will Waive Four Players in First Round of Cuts October 21, 2014The Celtics took the first step in trimming down their training camp roster on Tuesday, announcing Erik Murphy, Rodney McGruder, Christian Watford, and Tim Frazier will be waived.
- Rajon Rondo May Return For Celtics Regular Season Opener October 20, 2014Celtics head coach Brad Stevens gave an encouraging health update on injured point guard Rajon Rondo Monday afternoon while speaking to reporters.
- 3 Things We Learned From The Celtics Win In the First Ever 44-Minute NBA Game October 19, 2014The Celtics came from 17 points down in the first half to beat Brooklyn in an experimental NBA preseason game.
- Rodney McGruder, Erik Murphy And Christian Watford Cut From Boston Celtics October 22, 2014In order to shave down the roster to 15 players, the Boston Celtics have cut camp invitees Rodney McGruder, Christian Watford and Erik Murphy from the squad.
- Celtics cut Rodney McGruder, Christian Watford, Erik Murphy; more coming October 21, 2014Boston began trimming it's roster today from the 20 available bodies for training camp down to the 15 allowed during the regular season:Brad Stevens says Celtics will keep Tim Frazier through tomorrow night but will waive Rodney McGruder, Christian Watford, Erik Murphy today.— Marc D'Amico (@Marc_DAmico) October 21, 2014There are no surprises here, although there was a bit of speculation that Murphy, a second round pick of the Bulls last year, might have an outside shot at sticking with the C's. You can expect Frazier to be cut as well after the final preseason game tomorrow night.That leaves just one more spot to go, which is almost certain to be the newly acquired Will Bynum, unless the Celtics pull off another trade in the next week. Via Mark Murphy of the Boston Herald:Will Bynum, who is expected to be waived this week after coming over from Detroit in last week’s Joel Anthony trade, was, as expected, a ghost yesterday. 'He’s not here,' Stevens said simply....
- Rajon Rondo: Celtics ‘Going To Surprise A Lot Of People’ Under Brad Stevens October 21, 2014Last season was a trial run of sorts for Brad Stevens. Mediocrity was expected from the 2013-14 Boston Celtics, no matter who held the position of head coach. Now, in his second year on an NBA bench, Stevens knows what to expect. And, perhaps more importantly, he has the full trust of the players he’s leading. “Even though it’s a different level, he’s had success at the college level (at Butler),” point guard Rajon Rondo said Thursday, via TNT NBA analyst David Aldridge. “I think the thing for any successful team is to buy in. He has us all believing in what his plan is. If we continue to do that, I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people.” Aldridge quoted several Celtics players in his season preview piece, which was published Monday on NBA.com. One of those players was newcomer Evan Turner, who said Boston’s chances of making a quick turnaround are much greater than, say, his former team, the Philadelphia 76ers. “Here, you have some pretty good players for sure,” Turner said. “
- Trial 44 Minute Game Tested, Boston Celtics @ Brooklyn Nets October 21, 2014After much speculation on how the shortened game time would effect the game it was finally put to a test yesterday. In Boston, they wanted to see how much the 44 Minute game time would effect not only the playing time of each player but the amount of points scored in games. Players who benefit the most out of the 11 minute quarters are your run of the mill big power forwards, such as Jared Sullinger. He described his playing experience as a shocker considering the fact that he went to sit out with 5 and half minutes compared to the usual 7 minutes when he is taken out in a regular 12 minute quarter. In his outing against the Nets, Jared scored 21 points and added 19 rebounds. Then, you have players who are used to playing almost a full length game (when healthy) such as Deron Williams. In an interview, on the court, he stated that he didn’t really see the difference, he just kept doing his job of facilitating the ball. “It’s really hard to tell a minute a quarter (and) 4 minutes a g...
- Rajon Rondo: Celtics ‘Going To Surprise A Lot Of People’ Under Brad Stevens October 20, 2014Last season was a trial run of sorts for Brad Stevens. Mediocrity was expected from the 2013-14 Boston Celtics, no matter who held the position of head coach. Now, in his second year on an NBA bench, Stevens knows what to expect. And, perhaps more importantly, he has the full trust of the players heâ€™s leading. â€œEven though itâ€™s a different level, heâ€™s had success at the college level (at Butler),â€* point guard Rajon Rondo said Thursday, via TNT NBA analyst David Aldridge. â€œI think the thing for any successful team is to buy in. He has us all believing in what his plan is. If we continue to do that, I think weâ€™re going to surprise a lot of people.â€* Aldridge quoted several Celtics players in his seasonÂ preview piece, which was published Monday on NBA.com. One of those players was newcomer Evan Turner, who said Bostonâ€™s chances of making a quick turnaround are much greater than, say, his former team, the Philadelphia 76ers. â€œHere, you have some pretty good players for sure,â€* Turner said. â€
- In Shorter-Game Experiment, Nets See Disparities as Minute October 20, 2014The N.B.A. used the Nets-Celtics preseason game Sunday to conduct a one-time experiment with a shorter format, including 11-minute quarters.
- N.B.A. to Experiment With Shorter Game in Nets Exhibition October 15, 2014Sunday’s Nets-Celtics game will be 44 minutes, instead of 48, and the number of mandatory timeouts will also be reduced in a game-shortening exercise.
- Knicks Preview Triangle, and Rerun Defensive Lapses October 9, 2014The Knicks and their new coach, Derek Fisher, opened their preseason Wednesday with a 20-point loss to the Celtics in Hartford.
- Stephon Marbury the Musical: A Tale of Making It in Beijing August 28, 2014The mutual love affair between the former N.B.A. player and his adopted home of Beijing will reach a new milestone this fall when “I Am Stephon Marbury,” a musical about his life in China, opens in the capital.
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.