Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Celtics Assistant Coach Walter McCarty Faces Larceny Charge October 23, 2014Celtics assistant coach Walter McCarty faced a larceny by check charge Thursday morning in Framingham District Court.
- Three Things We Learned From the Celtics' 100-86 Win Over the Nets October 23, 2014The Celtics wrapped up their preseason slate on a positive note Wednesday night, handily defeating the Brooklyn Nets 100-86 in a rematch from Sunday.
- NBA Draft Lottery Reform Voted Down By Owners October 22, 2014In a surprise move, NBA owners elected to vote down a proposal that would have brought drastic changes to the league's draft lottery system. So teams like the Sixers will continue to benefit from being awful.
- How Lottery Reform Will Help the Celtics October 22, 2014With an abundance of draft picks in the next few years, the new system can only help the rebuilding Celtics.
- James Young is Ready to Play Catch-Up After Hamstring Injury October 21, 2014Celtics rookie James Young has recovered from a hamstring injury that sidelined him over the last couple weeks. Now, he's looking to make an impact on a crowded roster.
- Celtics Assistant Coach Walter McCarty Charged With Larceny October 23, 2014According to the Boston Celtics, assistant coach Walter McCarty was charged with larceny and appeared in Framingham District Court today for the incident that happened in Wayland.
- Boston Celtics Defeat Brooklyn Nets 100-86 October 23, 2014Celtics vs Nets Wednesday night the Boston Celtics defeated the Brooklyn Nets by 14 points (100-86) in their preseason finale. Jared Sullinger scored 15 points and 17 rebounds for the Boston Celtics. Marcus Smart led the team with 16 points. Gerald Wallace added 12 to his team and Jeff Green scored 6 in the nine minutes that he played. For the Brooklyn Nets Mason Plumlee finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds. Mirza Teletovic also scored 15 points and seven rebounds. It wasn’t a good game for Sergey Karasey who only scored 6 points in the 43 minutes that he played. On Wednesday the Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets will play in the regular season game opener. Will Rajon Rondo be ready to play with his team? According to Coach Brad Stevens, they won’t know for sure if the guard will be playing until Friday following practice. The post Boston Celtics Defeat Brooklyn Nets 100-86 appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- Jared Sullinger: Boston Celtics no longer out to 'get theirs' October 23, 2014“I just thought we played as individuals (last year)," he told MassLive.com last week after a practice in Brooklyn. "Everybody was out there trying to get theirs.” But why? “I don’t know. But I know it changed," he said that day. "That’s all that matters." As the Celtics improved to 5-3 during the preseason and prep for the season opener on October 29th against Brooklyn, Jared Sullinger spoke candidly about the differences between the 2013-14 and 2014-15 teams. “This year compared to last year is two different teams,” he said. “The offense is totally different from last year. (Head coach Brad Stevens’) mindset of coaching is totally different from last year. He’s doing a great job and we’re just following his lead.” The team has been making moves as of late, many of which are going largely unnoticed due to the low expectations set for this season. If preseason is any indicator, players like Sullinger and Kelly Olynyk along with rookies Marcus Smart and James Y
- Ainge: Draft lottery reform would be 'better for the game' October 23, 2014Danny Ainge says he support for NBA draft lottery reform was simple: He wants a league in which every team is trying to win. Making his regular appearance on 98.5 The Sports Hub’s “Toucher and Rich” on Thursday, the Boston Celtics’ president of basketball operations acknowledged he was definitely in the pro-reform camp. A proposal that would have lowered the worst team’s chance of winning the No. 1 overall pick in the draft to about 12 percent from the current 25 percent failed Wednesday. “I thought it just evened out the lottery,” Ainge said. “I thought it de-incentivized teams to just go to the bottom of the barrel to get the No. 1 pick. … We feel like it would be better for the league and better for everybody to just have the incentive to win. We thought it was just better for the game.” Ainge didn’t seem too broken up about the vote, which was 17-13 in favor of reform but fell short of the 23-vote threshold needed to pass. In the end, small-market teams that didn’t want to lose th
- Video: Celtics 100, Nets 86 highlights and box score October 23, 2014Extended highlights and Celtics box score from their victory Wednesday night at the Garden.Video courtesy of Celtics Lowdown and highlights via Yahoo Sports.
- In Shorter-Game Experiment, Nets See Disparities as Minute October 20, 2014The N.B.A. used the Nets-Celtics preseason game Sunday to conduct a one-time experiment with a shorter format, including 11-minute quarters.
- N.B.A. to Experiment With Shorter Game in Nets Exhibition October 15, 2014Sunday’s Nets-Celtics game will be 44 minutes, instead of 48, and the number of mandatory timeouts will also be reduced in a game-shortening exercise.
- Knicks Preview Triangle, and Rerun Defensive Lapses October 9, 2014The Knicks and their new coach, Derek Fisher, opened their preseason Wednesday with a 20-point loss to the Celtics in Hartford.
- Stephon Marbury the Musical: A Tale of Making It in Beijing August 28, 2014The mutual love affair between the former N.B.A. player and his adopted home of Beijing will reach a new milestone this fall when “I Am Stephon Marbury,” a musical about his life in China, opens in the capital.
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.