Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Vitor Faverani Denies Drunk Driving Report September 29, 2014In his first public appearance of the season, Celtics center Vitor Faverani dismissed reports out of Spain that he was arrested for drunk driving earlier this summer.
- Rajon Rondo Dismisses Trampoline Speculation at Celtics Media Day September 29, 2014Rajon Rondo faced a host of questions around the nature of his broken left hand at Celtics media day on Monday.
- Evan Turner Officially Signs Two-Year Deal with Celtics September 29, 2014The Celtics officially signed free agent swingman Evan Turner to a two-year deal on Monday.
- Paul Pierce Wears Celtics Jacket in Appearance at Fenway September 28, 2014Paul Pierce made a surprise appearance at Fenway Park on Sunday afternoon to honor Derek Jeter with other Boston sports legends. Despite being a current member of the Washington Wizards, Pierce didn't mind wearing green for the occasion.
- Rondo Breaks Left Hand, Will Miss 6-8 Weeks September 26, 2014The Celtics announced Friday evening that star point guard Rajon Rondo broke his left hand falling in the shower on Thursday and is expected to miss 6-8 weeks with the injury following surgery on Friday.
- Celtics Sign Evan Turner To 2-Year Deal September 30, 2014In a move that has been discussed since mid July, the Boston Celtics signed swingman Evan Turner to a deal according to reports. ESPN sources say Evan Turner's deal with Boston is a two-year pact worth $6.7 million — Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) September 29, 2014 The second pick in the 2010 draft averaged 17.4 points for Philadelphia in 54 games last season before being traded to Indiana on Feb. 20. He started two of his 27 games with the Pacers, averaging 7.1 points.
- Antoine Walker ‘not embarrassed’ about blowing $110M September 29, 2014When Antoine Walker filed for bankruptcy shortly after earning $110 million during his NBA career, it originally shamed the former Boston Celtic to hear his story. However, Walker has gotten his finances straightened out over the years and no longer feels ashamed about his ordeal. Although his wallet isn’t as fat as it used to be, Walker explained to TMZ that he no longer feels embarrassed about blowing away all his money because he feels his “cautionary tale” could help other athletes and entertainers. “If I can help bring down the number of athletes and entertainers who go broke then I feel I’m doing something to help the cause,” Walker told TMZ. Walker plans to tell his story through a new book and a documentary called “Gone In An Instant,” which chronicles his life’s ups and downs. The trailer for the documentary is compelling and highlights Walker’s partying habits, gambling problem and tendency to help others more than helping himself. Photo via Twitter/@GetInsideNBAFiled und...
- Tyler Zeller Very Excited To Play For Boston Celtics September 29, 2014At Boston Celtics Media Day 2014, new center, 7 foot-1 inch, Tyler Zeller said that he is very excited to play for the Boston Celtics this season after two years in Cleveland.
- Boston Celtics officially sign Evan Turner September 29, 2014The Boston Celtics announced Monday that they have signed guard/forward Evan Turner. The terms of the deal were not disclosed. Turner, who was acquired by the Indiana Pacers on February 20, 2014, appeared in 81 games during the 2013-14 regular season and averaged 13.9 points, 5.1 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game. The former second overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft has averaged 11.1 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.1 assists in 29.0 minutes in 306 contests. The Celtics also announced today that they have waived guard John Lucas III and forward Malcolm Thomas. The post Boston Celtics officially sign Evan Turner appeared first on Sports Glory.
- Trampoline park employees deny Rondo broke hand at party September 29, 2014No, folks, Rajon Rondo did not break his hand at a trampoline park. Multiple employees at Altitude Trampoline Park tweeted over the weekend, and a NESN.com source confirmed, that Rondo did nothing but sit and watch his kids jump at a birthday party Tuesday, dispelling rumors that the Boston Celtics point guard was untruthful about how he broke his hand. Rondo, 28, underwent surgery on a broken metacarpal in his left hand Friday morning at New England Baptist Hospital. He reportedly told the team he slipped in the shower. Although there was little reason to disbelieve Rondo’s explanation, some observers became suspicious when it was learned he had attended the trampoline park last week. Regardless of how the injury occurred, Rondo is still expected to miss six to eight weeks. He was limited to 30 games last season as he recovered from a torn ACL in his right knee.
- Stephon Marbury the Musical: A Tale of Making It in Beijing August 28, 2014The mutual love affair between the former N.B.A. player and his adopted home of Beijing will reach a new milestone this fall when “I Am Stephon Marbury,” a musical about his life in China, opens in the capital.
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- With Eye on LeBron James, Cavaliers Trade Guard to Nets July 10, 2014The Nets reached a deal on Wednesday to acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev from Cleveland in a three-team trade that included sending Marcus Thornton to Boston.
- If Nets and Heat Are Not Yet Rivals, Their Players Are May 6, 2014The uniforms have changed, but the Nets’ Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett have a notable history against the Miami Heat’s LeBron James in the postseason.
- Now Comes Chapter 5 in Players’ Rivalry May 6, 2014LeBron James has tangled with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in the postseason on four previous occasions, all of the battles occurring when Garnett and Pierce played for the Boston Celtics.