Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Lakers Offer Coaching Job to Byron Scott July 25, 2014The Los Angeles Lakers have offered their head coaching job to Byron Scott.
- Chris Paul: Clippers May Boycott if Donald Sterling Still Owns Team July 25, 2014Los Angeles Clippers star Chris Paul said there's a real possibility he and other players would sit out if Donald Sterling still owns the team at the start of the season
- 5 Truths and a Lie About Evan Turner July 23, 2014
- Five Truths and a Lie About Evan Turner July 23, 2014So basically six things you need to know about new Celtic Evan Turner.
- Video: Uh Oh, Celtics Fans, Bulls Making Big Play for Kevin Love July 23, 2014Chris Sheridan breaks down his exclusive report that the Bulls offered three players to the Timberwolves for Kevin Love, whom the Celtics have been aggressively targeting.
- Vitor Faverani wants to return to Boston Celtics at least 90 percent healthy July 27, 2014During a recent interview with Super Deporte, a Spanish website, Vitor Faverani said he plans to return to the Boston Celtics with his surgically-repaired left knee at least 90 percent healthy. The center said he intends to land in Boston on Sept. 5, almost four weeks before the start of training camp. Faverani has been working with a trainer from his former team to recover from a torn lateral meniscus that ended his season in early February. Though the Celtics added fellow center Tyler Zeller, they remain thin on rim protection and interior scoring. Faverani has the potential to provide both, but forgive me if I'm not overly optimistic. He occasionally provided badly-needed inside help, but also spent full games blending into the background, especially later in the season. Because the Celtics could not find enough playing time for him, he suffered his injury on D-League assignment. He could have benefited from a summer spent on basketball things, but instead he has needed to ...
- Your Morning Dump..Where Ainge & The Celtics Remain Patient & Disciplined July 27, 2014Every morning, we compile the links of the day and dump them here… highlighting the big storyline. Because there’s nothing quite as satisfying as a good morning dump. His general public may be waiting for more, but president of basketball operations Danny Ainge has been wading through a field of bad possibilities for his assets stack. Better to wait. Love is no less a long shot than any other quality possibility at the moment. “Danny has been very disciplined,” Celtics co-owner Steve Pagliuca said. “He could have made a lot of deals by now, but not for the kind of player we want.” That would be a rising star to pair with Rajon Rondo or, in the event of trading the point guard, another cornerstone player. Danny Ainge, Celtics Remain Patient, Disciplined-Mark Murphy Celtics Owner Wyc Grousbeck’s “fireworks” comments have been the butt of jokes from some Celtics fans. The deals made up to this point of the offseason, to acquire Tyler Zeller, Evan Turner & Marcus Thornton are hardl...
- Celtkicks: Jared Sullinger AJ 2012 p.e. July 26, 2014My friend Drew, aka “The kid w/all the kicks“, is back with another exclusive pair of Celtkicks. Since I first met Drew in 2008, he has been fortunate enough to acquire kicks from the likes of Paul Pierce, KG and many other current & former Celtics. Yesterday, he texted me a photo of his latest pick up: a pair of game-used, player edition Air Jordan 2012 Lite from Jared Sullinger. This player edition 2012 Lite is white & kelly green and features Jared’s nickname stitched across the tongue. Sullinger wore these during his rookie year with the Boston Celtics. Check out a few pics in the gallery below, and stay tuned to Celtkicks for all your Celtics-related kicks news.
- Evan Turner's former coach, Brett Brown, delivers strong vote of confidence for Boston Celtics addition July 26, 2014Would you like to hear nice things about Evan Turner? Philadelphia 76ers coach Brett Brown said plenty of them to the Boston Herald. Speaking to the Herald's Steve Bulpett, Brown started by praising Turner's character. He said Turner loves basketball (a good thing, given his profession) and really wants to improve (a good thing, given that he needs to). And then Brown continued delivering a strong vote of confidence. "At the end of the day, he has to find peace," the coach told Bulpett. "He’s got to find a place where he can play freely. Some of that is environment. Some of that is himself. But I feel like if he can do that, he’s too skilled . . . not to really succeed. “I think that when he can find the freedom and some place of peace where he’s not burdened by expectation, he’s not burdened by how own personal torture where he beats himself up when he’s not playing at a standard that suits him, then that’s the place that’s ultimately going to get ...
- Boston Celtics: What Should Be Their Starting 5? July 26, 2014Boston Celtics: What Should Be Their Starting 5? By Mike Elworth: Owner and Publisher/Hoopstuff… The Boston Celtics have a lot of young talent and some veterans, like Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green who they should be trying to trade, despite being their 2 best players (statistically). They have to embrace their young players, especially Marcus Smart, Jared Sullinger and Avery Bradley, gain cap space and picks and Rondo and Green are the 2 remaining remnants of a Boston Celtics team that’s no longer there. Unless they trade them, each will start, but this is my opinion of the 5 players that should be starting. They wouldn’t make the playoffs, but they would be giving their incredible group of young talent the playing time to develop and would have the assets to become a far better team when next offseason comes along, thanks to a lot of cap space. This rebuild would take time, but they would have a chance to build a potential contender instead of just a mid tier playoff team, which is wh...
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- With Eye on LeBron James, Cavaliers Trade Guard to Nets July 10, 2014The Nets reached a deal on Wednesday to acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev from Cleveland in a three-team trade that included sending Marcus Thornton to Boston.
- If Nets and Heat Are Not Yet Rivals, Their Players Are May 6, 2014The uniforms have changed, but the Nets’ Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett have a notable history against the Miami Heat’s LeBron James in the postseason.
- Now Comes Chapter 5 in Players’ Rivalry May 6, 2014LeBron James has tangled with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in the postseason on four previous occasions, all of the battles occurring when Garnett and Pierce played for the Boston Celtics.
- Wizards Clinch First Playoff Berth in Six Years April 3, 2014The Washington Wizards reached the playoffs for the first time since 2008, clinching an Eastern Conference berth Wednesday night with a 118-92 win over the visiting Boston Celtics.