Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Top NBA Prospect Emmanuel Mudiay Signs With Under Armour September 22, 2014
- Ainge: Celtics Would Like to Keep Rondo, But Trade is Possible September 22, 2014Rajon Rondo told the Celtics that he wants to stay in Boston, but Danny Ainge still won't rule out a trade of the team's star point guard this season.
- Age Don't Lie: Rasheed Wallace is 40-Years-Old Today September 17, 2014The magnificent Rasheed Wallace turned 40-years-old Thursday
- Top NBA Prospect Emmanuel Mudiay Signs With Under Armour September 17, 2014Under Armour signed NBA prospect Emmanuel Mudiay after the guard elected to play professionally overseas as an 18-year-old this season instead of attending SMU.
- Scott Morrison Named Head Coach of Maine Red Claws September 17, 2014The Celtics promoted Scott Morrison to become the new head coach of the Maine Red Claws, the team's D-League affiliate.
- Darko Milicic retires from basketball to take up kickboxing September 22, 2014Darko Milicic will most likely always be remembered as THE bust of the 2003 NBA Draft. After all, as the second overall pick in one of the most talented drafts in recent memory, Milicic stands out for all the wrong reasons when one considers who was drafted around him. Just look at the top five draft picks of 2003: 1. LeBron James 2. Darko Milicic 3. Carmelo Anthony 4. Chris Bosh 5. Dwyane Wade That sure is a lot of All-Star appearances surrounding a bench-warmer. Now, it appears that Darko is ready to move on from basketball altogether (he last played in the NBA in 2012). As for the next chapter of Darko’s life? How about professional kickboxing. According to a report on NBASerbia.com, Milicic will sign a contract Wednesday to become a professional kickboxer in his native Serbia. The story, headlined “Darko Milicic put an end: Goodbye NBA career, good afternoon kick-boxing!” according to Google Translate, says Milicic’s first fight will also be announced Wednesday. Hopefully, his c...
- Rajon Rondo’s Shooting Woes September 22, 2014Rajon Rondo is one of the most unique players in the NBA, blending excellent court vision and creative passing with a knack for getting rebounds and clogging up passing lanes. What his game is lacking is the ability to shoot the ball consistently. His inconsistent shooting along with questions stemming from his torn ACL and his future in Boston keep Rondo from being a top-15 player in fantasy basketball. He still is a top-8 point guard and an excellent source of assists, steal and rebounds at the point guard position though, making him a solid third-round selection.Coming out of the University of Kentucky, Rondo was an athletic point guard who had a lot of raw ability. He was very talented, but had an inconsistent shooting stroke. He dropped to the 21st pick in the first round and was selected by the Boston Celtics. After his rookie season, he had assumed the starting point guard role. In the offseason, the Celtics made a big splash though acquiring Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. Immediately, Rondo became th
- Danny Ainge says trading Rajon Rondo "is not out of the question" September 22, 2014After the report surfaced late last month that Rajon Rondo "wants out" of Boston, fans and pundits alike were left scratching their heads wondering if the relationship between the All-Star point guard and the Celtic front office was as tight as they make it out to be publicly.Well this latest bit of news certainly isn't going to put out that fire.Ainge also said about Rondo:: The possibility of a trade is not out of the question. Nobody is untradeable, but I don’t see that happening.— Bill Doyle (@BillDoyle15) September 22, 2014One could see this and think, "I knew it, Rondo's days in Boston are numbered." Sure, Ainge adds the caveat that he "doesn't see that happening." But come on, "no one is untradeable"? There are plenty of guys on NBA rosters who aren't going anywhere no matter what another team offers for them. He could easily throw the "untradeable" label on Rondo if he wanted to. It's his decision. And of ...
- Offseason Recap: The Marathon Approach September 21, 2014The 2014 offseason gave Celtic fans plenty of hope that a rebuild could be achieved in a short time-frame. Big name players visiting Boston (see Kevin Love), the thought of a legitimate 7-foot centre joining the ranks by sliding in the draft (see Joel Embiid), and an arsenal of trade chips at Danny Ainge’s disposal all created optimism that the C’s were only a couple of great moves away from returning to the top in 2014/15. Now that we know how the offseason has panned out, it would appear we are in for at least one more season of mediocrity. With Kevin Love moving to Cleveland and making them a legitimate powerhouse alongside LeBron James and Kyrie Irving, the 76ers taking Embiid at pick #2, and Ainge unable to find teams willing to trade with Boston, the Celtics’ front office had to readjust their strategy. Draft night provided the Celtics with the opportunity to pick the best talent available, selecting Marcus Smart and James Young with picks #6 and #17 respectively. Marcus Smart is a 6’3” point
- Your Morning Dump… Where a huge hole in the middle is Zeller’s big opportunity September 21, 2014Every morning, we compile the links of the day and dump them here… highlighting the big storyline. Because there’s nothing quite as satisfying as a good morning dump The Celtics have a sizable hole at center, with Kris Humphries gone to Washington andVitor Faverani the team’s most viable big man after a shaky rookie season. Boston coachBradStevens used various combinations at center but never one that worked consistently, leaving plenty of opportunity for Zeller. Zeller is a legitimate 7 feet and averaged 5.7 rebounds in just 26 minutes per game as a rookie two years ago. When training camp begins Sept. 30 in Waltham, he could be the favorite to start in the middle this season. “I think I can rebound, be a big body, just the ability to run the floor, get out and try to push the pace,” said Zeller. “I think that’s the goal [to start] anywhere you go, and that’s my goal this year, but I have a lot of work to be able to earn that spot. I think it’s a great opportunity.” The primary goa...
- Stephon Marbury the Musical: A Tale of Making It in Beijing August 28, 2014The mutual love affair between the former N.B.A. player and his adopted home of Beijing will reach a new milestone this fall when “I Am Stephon Marbury,” a musical about his life in China, opens in the capital.
- Paul Pierce, Leaving Nets, Is Said to Reach Deal With Wizards July 14, 2014Pierce, acquired by the Nets in a costly deal last year, was set to walk away from Brooklyn, agreeing on what was believed to be a two-year, $11 million contract with Washington.
- With Eye on LeBron James, Cavaliers Trade Guard to Nets July 10, 2014The Nets reached a deal on Wednesday to acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev from Cleveland in a three-team trade that included sending Marcus Thornton to Boston.
- If Nets and Heat Are Not Yet Rivals, Their Players Are May 6, 2014The uniforms have changed, but the Nets’ Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett have a notable history against the Miami Heat’s LeBron James in the postseason.
- Now Comes Chapter 5 in Players’ Rivalry May 6, 2014LeBron James has tangled with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in the postseason on four previous occasions, all of the battles occurring when Garnett and Pierce played for the Boston Celtics.