Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Marcus Smart Nearing Return, But Won't Play Friday vs. Bulls November 27, 2014Marcus Smart (ankle) returned to practice on Wednesday, but is not ready to return to game action just yet.
- Three exercises to get in shape for ski season November 26, 2014Bryan Doo, the Celtics' strength & conditioning coach and an avid skier and snowboarder, demonstrates three exercises to get you ready for the slopes.
- Paul Pierce Signs Autograph for Celtics Fan During Wizards Game November 25, 2014Paul Pierce will always have a soft spot for Celtics fans and he showed that yet again during a Wizards game earlier this month.
- Jeff Green Shoots Down "B.S." Trade Rumors November 24, 2014Jeff Green spoke out strongly Sunday night against a recent string of trade rumors surrounding his desire to remain in Boston.
- The Only Thing You Need To Know About the Celtics' Loss to the Grizzlies November 22, 2014The Celtics' defensive issues worsened in Friday night's loss against the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Joakim Noah Loves Playing In Boston: Celtics Fans ‘Talk A Lot Of (Expletive)’ November 27, 2014Joakim Noah knows Boston Celtics fans love to give him a hard time whenever he visits TD Garden — and he loves it. With Noah’s Chicago Bulls set to visit Boston for the first time this season Friday, the center described his affection for playing on Causeway Street when speaking with reporters Thursday. Noah on TD Garden: "I love playing in Boston. People here really know basketball. They talk a lot of (expletive)." #celtics #bulls— gary washburn (@GwashburnGlobe) November 27, 2014 Though the Celtics and Bulls are not division opponents, Noah has played more games against Boston (26) than any other team. He’s typically been effective in those meetings, too, averaging 11.2 points and 10.2 rebounds per game against the C’s. Noah might not get the chance to play Friday, however. He’s nursing a sore knee and a bruised eye and is listed as questionable. Thumbnail photo via Bob DeChiara/USA TODAY Sports ImagesFiled under: Boston Celtics, NBA, NESN Video, Top Stories
- 2014-2015 Boston Celtics: Disappointment or In Development? November 27, 2014November is drawing to a close. Where do the Boston Celtics stand and why is there so much negativity surrounding the team?
- Mom Writes Heartfelt Letter To Gerald Wallace For Spending Time With Disabled Son November 26, 2014This letter written by mom Sharon Randall and in the eve of Thanksgiving, this letter just shows how much one moment meant to a family. Her son, Davis Randall, has down syndrome but his spirits remain forever high. You will feel a frog in your throat after this letter. Dear Gerald Wallace, Thank you for sitting and talking with my son, Davis. Although, for you, this was just a momentin time before heading off to your work as a basketball player on the Boston Celtics, for us it was a glimpse of our boy living his dream. I don’t know if Davis mentioned it or not, but he wants to be a professional basketball player too. Although the slim odds for making it into the NBA would discourage most, Davis will not be deterred. His optimism is one of his best qualities… I know our society doesn’t value individuals like Davis, slow in mind and body, but Davis doesn’t know that. He knows our society values professional athletes, and so he plans to join your ranks, not only for love of the game, b...
- Mom offers thanks to Celtics’ Gerald Wallace in inspiring letter November 26, 2014Gerald Wallace hasn’t seen much playing time for the Boston Celtics this season. As one of the team’s elder statesmen, he’s assumed more of a leadership role, imparting wisdom on the Celtics’ bevy of young players. But while Wallace’s impact on the box score has been minimal, he has had an immeasurable effect on the life of one young boy. Sharon Randell’s son, Davis, has Down syndrome. In a column posted on The Mighty, Randell detailed how Davis, who dreams of becoming a professional basketball player, had the chance to meet the Celtics forward before a recent game. “Dear Gerald Wallace,” Randell wrote. “Thank you for sitting and talking with my son, Davis. Although, for you, this was just a moment in time before heading off to your work as a basketball player on the Boston Celtics, for us it was a glimpse of our boy living his dream. “… So as we navigate the terrain of guiding this child as he grows, we thank you for giving us a story to sustain his dreams and bridge the gap. W
- Marcus Smart To Practice Wednesday, May Return Friday November 26, 2014Boston Celtics point guard Marcus Smart looks to be right on track in returning from his ankle sprain/ bone bruise that he suffered on Friday, November 7.
- Memphis Grizzlies Have Seven Ailing Players November 21, 2014Seven members of the Memphis Grizzlies were dealing with a stomach virus and their status was uncertain for Friday’s game with the Boston Celtics.
- Cavaliers Edge Celtics as James Scores 41 November 15, 2014James scored a season-high 41 points, and the visiting Cleveland Cavaliers overcame a 19-point fourth-quarter deficit to beat the Boston Celtics, 122-121, on Friday night.
- Harden Paces Rockets to Win Over 76ers November 4, 2014James Harden scored 35 points, and Houston defeated Philadelphia to improve to 4-0.
- Nets Are Dismantled by the Celtics, Another Work in Progress October 30, 2014Following the lead of point guard Rajon Rondo, Boston dominated the Nets in their season opener, a night full of mishaps and misadventures.
- With Brad Stevens in Place as Coach, Celtics Aim for Results October 29, 2014Stevens, the former Butler coach, will continue his attempt to return Boston to relevance as it opens its season Wednesday against the Nets.