Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Danny Ainge Explains Decision to Trade Rajon Rondo December 20, 2014Before Friday night's win against the Timberwolves, Danny Ainge made his first public comments about dealing the Celtics' best player in a five-player trade.
- Post-Rondo Era Gets Off to Strong Start for Celtics December 20, 2014None other than Marcus Smart keyed a big fourth quarter for the Celtics Friday night, helping them to a win in their first game of the post-Rondo era.
- Kendrick Perkins Says Rondo Wanted Out of Boston December 19, 2014In a complete 180 from his remarks when in Boston a few weeks ago, former Celtics' center Kendrick Perkins now thinks his friend Rajon Rondo's "time was probably up in Boston."
- This is My Favorite Rajon Rondo Play December 19, 2014Rajon Rondo has a thousand brilliant highlights, but this tiny little play from earlier this season encapsulates his brilliance.
- Mark Cuban Finalized Rondo Trade Backstage at Colbert Report December 19, 2014Mavericks owner Mark Cuban finalized his team's acquisition of Rajon Rondo in a unique spot on Thursday afternoon.
- Brad Stevens Doesn’t Expect Rajon Rondo Trade To Trigger Major Changes December 20, 2014BOSTON — The departure of Rajon Rondo makes the Celtics a very different team — that much is not up for debate. But despite the fact Boston’s captain and undisputed best player now plays his ball down in Dallas, Celtics coach Brad Stevens isn’t expecting to make any seismic changes to his game plan. “I think the biggest thing is, (the trade) doesn’t change the system a whole lot,” Stevens said before Friday’s matchup with the Minnesota Timberwolves. “It might change some matchups defensively. You may play a little bit less high pick-and-roll in the near term until (new point guard Jameer Nelson) gets up to speed. You may play with a few less actions that were just for him or catered to him out of timeouts. But it’s not going to change the way generally we want to play, which is to continue to get the ball up the court and play with spacing and movement and together on offense. “And then defensively, we’ve got to be even more locked in on now if we’re going to be the best team we
- Recap: Celtics beat T-Wolves to Move to 1-0 in Post-Rondo Era December 20, 2014Six Celtics scored in double figures Friday night as the Celtics were able to beat the Timberwolves to pick up their third straight win and move to 10-14 on the season. The team shot 57% from the field and totaled 29 assists, exhibiting some excellent ball movement throughout the night. Kelly Olynyk registered another strong performance, leading the way with 21 points and 8 rebounds. For the T-wolves, Shabazz Muhammad scored a team high 26 points to go along with 5 rebounds and 5 assists. The first half was back and forth most of the way with the lead changing eight times. Kelly Olynyk sparked the offense initially with 11 of his 21 points coming in the first period, and Evan Turner picked up the slack in the second with 8 of his 10 points. The Celtics did a nice job getting out in transition with 15 fastbreak points in the first half, and went into the locker room with a five point lead. The Celtics held the lead for the entire 3rd quarter, but were unable to break away. After Minn...
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston December 19, 2014This embed is invalid " /> Kendrick Perkins said last month that he believed Rajon Rondo should re-sign with the Boston Celtics. But after Rondo was dealt Thursday to the Dallas Mavericks, Perkins said leaving Boston was his former teammate’s desire all along. “He wanted out, but he would never say that though,” Perkins told Yahoo! Sports on Friday. As Perkins — who was traded from the Celtics to the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2011 — saw it, the relationship between Rondo and the C’s had reached the end of the line. “Going to nice weather, a contender,” Perkins said. “Hopefully, he will do what he got to do in terms of his contract extension. It’s a great opportunity. I’m happy for him. I’m not happy he is in the West, but I’m happy for him. His time was probably up in Boston. He did his due. “He was cool, happy. He was excited. He’s going to a contender. He’s 29 (years old), so rebuilding is out of the question now.” Perkins won’t have to wait lo
- Mark Cuban finalized Rondo trade on "Colbert Report' set December 19, 2014If you watched the final episode of “The Colbert Report” on Thursday night, you might have caught Mark Cuban among the random assemblage of famous people singing “We’ll Meet Again” to the show’s host. As it turns out, Cuban was multi-tasking. From #Colbert Farewell: @MarkCuban finalized Rondo deal in green room, sitting w/Waterston, Daniels, me + dismaying UN Amb. Samantha Power — Keith Olbermann (@KeithOlbermann) December 19, 2014 If Olbermann was being serious — sometimes it’s hard to tell when he’s sincere and when he’s snide — that would certainly be one of the more interesting places a blockbuster trade has been finalized. Except now we’re wondering how many big business decisions Cuban has made between takes on “Shark Tank.” Thumbnail photo via Jerome Miron/USA TODAY Sports Images Filed under: Boston Celtics, NBA
- Rajon Rondo after trade: My love for Celtics fans is 'unmatched' December 19, 2014A reflective Rajon Rondo took to Twitter late Thursday night. Rondo, who was traded to the Dallas Mavericks hours before, professed his love for the Boston Celtics organization and its fans through a series of tweets. The All-Star point guard spent the first eight-plus years of his career in Boston, winning an NBA championship in 2008. Rondo now will join the likes of Dirk Nowitzki, Tyson Chandler, Chandler Parsons and Monta Ellis with the hopes of bringing a title to Dallas. It’s clear he’ll never forget the time he spent in Boston, though, even if it involved both highs and lows. My time in Boston has meant so much. I've grown up with this city both as a basketball player and person. The love I have for the most loyal — Rajon Rondo (@RajonRondo) December 19, 2014 And supportive fans in the league is unmatched. My teammates have shown nothing but heart the last couple of seasons. — Rajon Rondo (@RajonRondo) December 19, 2014 They are some of the hardest working guys I have played
- Trading to Win Now (Mavericks) and Later (Celtics) December 20, 2014Thursday’s trade between Dallas and Boston could be a good deal for both N.B.A. teams, who are trying different ways to win a title.
- Celtics Trade Rajon Rondo to Mavericks for Three Players and Two Draft Picks December 19, 2014Boston dealt Rondo, a four-time All-Star and a first-round pick of the Celtics in 2006, as part of a major rebuilding project.
- With Carmelo Anthony in Center of Storm, a Cloud Lifts, Finally, for the Knicks December 13, 2014As speculation about his future continued, Anthony scored 22 points to help the Knicks earn their second road win of the season and end a 10-game losing streak.
- A Scramble to Dig the N.B.A.’s Biggest Hole December 12, 2014The Atlantic Division has established itself as the league’s sorriest group, but the losing could still get worse.
- Wizards Win in Double Overtime December 9, 2014John Wall scored 26 points, including Washington’s last 10, and the host Wizards rallied for a 133-132 win over the Boston Celtics.