Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Celtics Lose Lottery Tiebreaker to Jazz April 18, 2014The Boston Celtics lost a draft lottery tiebreaker with the Utah Jazz on Friday afternoon. The loss had a serious impact on Boston's potential draft slots.
- Celtics Draft Lottery Odds Breakdown April 17, 2014The Celtics finished the season in a tie with the Utah Jazz for the fourth-worst record in the NBA.
- Celtics Drop Season Finale to Wizards April 17, 2014The Boston Celtics wrapped up their season Wednesday night with a 118-102 loss to the Washington Wizards at TD Garden.
- Brandon Bass Wins Red Auerbach Award April 17, 2014Brandon Bass won the 9th annual Red Auerbach Award prior to the team's season finale against the Washington Wizards Wednesday night.
- Handing Out the 2014 'Celtie Awards' April 16, 2014Before anyone goes into their, "I've got so many people to thank" acceptance speech, let's make something clear: this was a terrible Celtics season. Just awful.
- Why the Boston Celtics missed the playoffs April 21, 2014Boston Celtics (Photo credit: blogspot.com) The Boston Celtics finished with a record of 25-57 in this 2013-14 NBA season. That record put Boston at 12th in the Eastern Conference. Needless to say, the Celtics had an extremely disappointing and frustrating year. Obviously, the Celtics missed the playoffs and there are several reasons for that. The Boston Celtics missed the 2013-14 playoffs for three main reasons: they did not have Rajon Rondo for half of the year, they lacked consistent scoring, and they could not finish games. Until mid-January, the Boston Celtics were without their superstar point guard Rajon Rondo. Without Rondo, the Celtics lack efficiency during their offensive possessions, great facilitation, and premier backcourt defense. Any team without their superstar is not quite the same team and not nearly as threatening. This was the case for the Celtics during the first half of the season. Even when Rondo returned on January 17th, it took the 6’ 1” point guard several...
- Watch Shaq chow on a napkin at UFC on FOX 11 April 20, 2014We all remember the phenomenon known as Taco-Neck Syndrome. But have you heard of Napkin-Neck Syndrome? Four-time NBA champion, and more importantly the man behind the million copy mover titled Shaq Diesel, Shaquille O’ Neal was spotted going to town on a napkin during tonight’s UFC on FOX 11 event inside of Orlando’s Amway Arena. Check out the video footage below if you’re into that sort of thing.
- NBA salary cap and luxury tax going up $5 million - what this means for the Celtics April 19, 2014Big news coming out this afternoon about the NBA salary cap. According to Marc Stein of ESPN.com, the NBA is bumping up their salary cap and luxury tax by about $5 million each next season, a much bigger bump than we've seen the last few summers. According to Stein, the cap is moving from $58.6 million up to $63.2 million, a bump of $4.6M. The tax is going up even more, from $71.7M up to $77M, a $5.3M increase. To put that in perspective, last summer the NBA rose the cap by only $0.7 million and the tax by $1.4 mill. So this obviously gives every team in the NBA more wiggle room, the Celtics included. The Cs currently have about $49 million in salary on the books for 2014-15, including Joel Anthony and Phil Pressey (who has an option for next year). That does not include their two first round draft picks, who will make approximately $3.7 million (the 6th pick) and $1.5 million (the 17th pick) next year. That bumps the Celts to around $54.2 million in commitments, meaning that th...
- Sean Grande: Boston Is a Place Where Guys Want to Play April 19, 2014Sean Grande: City of Boston and Celtics fanbase respected throughout league Your browser doesn't support audio. Please download the file: audio/mpeg How long will the Boston Celtics rebuilding project last? As Celtics play-by-play announcer for 98.5 The Sports Hub stated on the latest edition of Celtics Beat -- it’s…
- Danny Ainge Says Rondo Won’t Be Traded April 18, 2014I think the only reason Rondo hasn’t been traded is because Danny Ainge is looking to swindle someone and hasn’t gotten the right offer. Until he does look for Rondo to stay in Boston. Here is what he had to say courtesy of NESN. Once again, WEEI’s Michael Holley and Jackie MacMullan posed the question to Ainge on Thursday, asking if Rondo will be on the team next season. “Yeah,” Ainge said in the radio interview. Slightly exasperated, Ainge reminded the listeners that his public stance has been consistent. “I’ve said that like a thousand times,” Ainge said. “Like, every interview, every day, you heard me say it last night, you heard me say it last week, you heard me say it last month, you heard me say it six years ago.” Ainge has been known to flat out lie, but as the GM that is something you need to be good at.
- Wizards Clinch First Playoff Berth in Six Years April 3, 2014The Washington Wizards reached the playoffs for the first time since 2008, clinching an Eastern Conference berth Wednesday night with a 118-92 win over the visiting Boston Celtics.
- Raptors Clinch Spot in Playoffs March 29, 2014A late basket by Amir Johnson secured Toronto’s first postseason berth in six years.
- With One-Point Win, Pacers Take Three-Game Lead Over Heat March 27, 2014Paul George scored 23 points and Roy Hibbert had 21, leading the Indiana Pacers back from a 7-point, fourth-quarter deficit for an 84-83 victory over the visiting Miami Heat.
- Lopez Still in Plans; Nets Stay on Roll March 22, 2014Brook Lopez, the oft-injured center, could be a key cog in the Nets’ revamped style, which depends on ball movement and a fluid defense, General Manager Billy King said.
- Knicks Enjoy Outcome as They Keep Waiting for Resolution March 13, 2014With an efficient dispatching of the Celtics, the Knicks won their fifth straight as the wait to hear whether Phil Jackson would join the team continued.