Boston Celtics Links of Interest
Boston Celtics Official Homepage – The Official NBA.com Page for the Boston Celtics
Quick searches for Boston Celtics on Fantasy Basketball Guy.
Recent Boston Celtics News
- Paul Pierce Dressed as Captain America For Halloween, Continuing His Streak of Great Costumes October 31, 2014Paul Pierce is showing off some impressive Halloween game yet again this year, dressing up as Captain America this time around.
- Rajon Rondo Gives KG a Taste of Gino Time in Dominating Win over Nets October 30, 2014Rajon Rondo made sure old friend Kevin Garnett got the chance to see Gino this time around after the Celtics dominated KG and his Brooklyn Nets teammates all over the floor in a 121-105 blowout win.
- Best Team Ever? Celtics Run Nets Off Floor in Debut October 30, 2014The Celtics are likely destined for the bottom third of the Eastern Conference, but if they play all year like they did on Wednesday, this could be a fun season.
- Rondo Rides the T to TD Garden on Opening Night October 30, 2014Rajon Rondo may be a rich and famous NBA athlete, but it appears he relies on public transportation just like the rest of us.
- Rajon Rondo Will Play, Start in Season Opener October 29, 2014Coach Brad Stevens informed reporters in his pregame media session that Rajon Rondo would play and start in tonights opener against the Brooklyn Nets.
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Celtics Season October 31, 2014The Boston Celtics opened up their season against the Brooklyn Nets, and while not many people see them as playoff contenders I still have some bold predictions for this season. Jeff Green will be traded while Rajon Rondo will not: The trade rumors will swirl all year for Rajon Rondo because there aren’t many times a rebuilding team has an expiring contract who also happens to be a four-time All-Star in the prime of his career. However, the asking price for Rondo will be sky high because he has been so valuable over his career. The more likely piece to be moved is SF Jeff Green who has a player option for next year. Green is very up and down, but can be a prolific scorer in a system where he isn’t the primary scoring option. Danny Ainge will certainly be able to find value in any trade involving Green. Marcus Thornton will be their most valuable bench player: The Celtics have players like Tyler Zeller, Marcus Smart and Evan Turner coming off the bench who have all shown some very positive things this
- Rajon Rondo took public transportation to home opener October 30, 2014Rajon Rondo may be a millionaire several times over, but that does mean he doesn’t recognize that the city of Boston has a brilliant public transit system. The Boston Celtics point guard, who apparently was a “nap time” decision for actually playing in Wednesday night’s season opener against the Brooklyn Nets, was photographed in an Orange Line station Wednesday afternoon in Boston. When asked about how he got to the arena by reporters, Rondo attempted to sidestep the question before fessing up in a way once confronted with evidence that he utilized public transportation (via Boston.com): Reporter: Did you ride the T to the game?Rondo: No.Reporter: There was a picture of you on the T.Rondo: Oh, is that right? Then why did you ask me that question? You are giving away my transportation to the game man! It probably would be preferable for Rondo for fans to not know that he routinely travels the Orange Line to get to TD Garden on game day, but allowing a fan to take a photograph with him c
- Emily Austen and Marc D'Amico talk about Celtics perfect opening night October 30, 2014Celtics reporters Marc D'Amico and Emily Austen talk about Boston's perfect opening night, how the C's go ten deep and how Marcus Smart Straight up ripped Deron Williams: Speaking of Smart, how did his opening night compare with that of ballyhooed rookies Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker?Wiggins stat line was 6 points on 2-5 shooting and 3 rebs in a 105-101 loss to the Grizzlies. Jabari had some coast to coast highlights on his way to 3-9 and 8 points.Unfortunately, Parker learned NBA heartbreak in his opener as Charlotte came back from a 24 point deficit to beat the Bucks in overtime behind this ridiculous game tying three at the end of regulation from Kemba Walker: Walker agreed to a four-year, $48 million contract extension just a day earlier.Follow Clint on Twitter @ClintCorey
- Boston Celtics exercise options on Olynyk, Sullinger, Zeller October 30, 2014NBA.com reports that the Boston Celtics have exercised the options on the contracts of Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger and Tyler Zeller. The team announced the deals late Wednesday night. In a clear rebuilding mode, Boston hopes to get big seasons out of all three young power forwards. Olynyk had a strong performance in the Celtics dominating 121-105 victory over the Brooklyn Nets last night with 19 points and 6 rebounds. Sullinger added 13 points and Zeller came off the bench with 6 points as the Boston fans celebrated a successful opening night. The post Boston Celtics exercise options on Olynyk, Sullinger, Zeller appeared first on Basketball Bicker.
- Kevin Garnett’s Bonds With Rajon Rondo, Boston Still Strong As Ever October 30, 2014BOSTON — To each his own. While Rajon Rondo napped, Kevin Garnett did some downward dog. With another emotional return to TD Garden looming, Garnett hit the yoga studio Wednesday morning. Whereas Rondo was looking to sleep off any lingering pain in his broken left hand, Garnett was simply trying to shake the nerves that come with his return to the city he called home for six seasons. “It’s always special to come back to Beantown,” Garnett said after his old team, the Boston Celtics, dressed down his new team, the Brooklyn Nets, 121-105 in both teams’ season opener. “Hearing the little things, it’s very hard to focus. I had to go to yoga this morning — ooh-sa — get my meditation right, stay level. “A lot of energy in the building. It’s always great to come back here. I love Beantown. I’m always bleeding green. Y’all know what it is.” Yet while Garnett might bleed green, he no longer wears green. Always a Celtic at heart, Garnett hasn’t been a Celtic in body since the 2013 trade t
- Nets Are Dismantled by the Celtics, Another Work in Progress October 30, 2014Following the lead of point guard Rajon Rondo, Boston dominated the Nets in their season opener, a night full of mishaps and misadventures.
- With Brad Stevens in Place as Coach, Celtics Aim for Results October 29, 2014Stevens, the former Butler coach, will continue his attempt to return Boston to relevance as it opens its season Wednesday against the Nets.
- In Shorter-Game Experiment, Nets See Disparities as Minute October 20, 2014The N.B.A. used the Nets-Celtics preseason game Sunday to conduct a one-time experiment with a shorter format, including 11-minute quarters.
- N.B.A. to Experiment With Shorter Game in Nets Exhibition October 15, 2014Sunday’s Nets-Celtics game will be 44 minutes, instead of 48, and the number of mandatory timeouts will also be reduced in a game-shortening exercise.
- Knicks Preview Triangle, and Rerun Defensive Lapses October 9, 2014The Knicks and their new coach, Derek Fisher, opened their preseason Wednesday with a 20-point loss to the Celtics in Hartford.